PDA

View Full Version : Android update not compatible

Agent Orange
02-09-2016, 03:33 AM
Android 4.x devices are not able to download required update according to error message on Playstore! And app will not run because it stops requiring you to update!

Agent Orange
02-09-2016, 04:16 AM
Forcing a system update now allows app to start downloading, but download fails at about 95% and restarts multiple times before finally stopping completely wth an error. Seems to be particular device, will update if I figure it out. Appears to be a system heap issue.

Agent Orange
02-09-2016, 05:50 AM
Well that wasn't it. Uninstalled Playstore updates and now MW is not in Playstore. Following link in Play Games brings up page saying device is not compatible. System is 5 not 4 oddly other Asus tablet still works.

petezx
02-09-2016, 08:53 AM
I encountered a similar problem on a different game and it was due to the device running on an Intel processor while the game only supported ARM. I'm wondering whether the issue is the same here as my old (painfully slow) Samsung is able to update while my new (Intel based Lenovo) cannot

[PM] President Hightower
02-09-2016, 01:03 PM
Looking into it via our engineering team.

We can see it fine, but I'll try and make sure we verify + respond.

Agent Orange
02-11-2016, 02:06 PM
I was eventually able to solve the issue although it's solution will not be a good one for some players.

Because I had several devices linked to the same google play account I finally caved in and did a factory reset on the device having the problems. I know that this will not be a viable solution to those who only have the one device that is not linked anywhere! The factory reset clears everything on the device including all your MW data so the only way to recover your old account would be to get back into your google play account and link it all back. But if you are not linked you are screwed.

Once I reset the device I updated the OS, which btw I had done before the reset (and it did not fix the problem) and then installed Play Games. Then I updated every app that google wanted to install/update (a crapload) and once that was all done I was finally able to download the version on the playstore and it let me install it. This meant a brand new player but once set up I was able to use the 'Link Different Device'. Note that I did not use the 'Link Android Device' option as I seem to remember experimenting with this and discovering that it would nuke something that I did not want nuked like a batch of players or something to that effect. Note that this was tested back when linking first came out so it might have been fixed, though what are the odds….

DEWIN NUTTIN
02-13-2016, 10:28 AM
I was eventually able to solve the issue although it's solution will not be a good one for some players.

Because I had several devices linked to the same google play account I finally caved in and did a factory reset on the device having the problems. I know that this will not be a viable solution to those who only have the one device that is not linked anywhere! The factory reset clears everything on the device including all your MW data so the only way to recover your old account would be to get back into your google play account and link it all back. But if you are not linked you are screwed.

Once I reset the device I updated the OS, which btw I had done before the reset (and it did not fix the problem) and then installed Play Games. Then I updated every app that google wanted to install/update (a crapload) and once that was all done I was finally able to download the version on the playstore and it let me install it. This meant a brand new player but once set up I was able to use the 'Link Different Device'. Note that I did not use the 'Link Android Device' option as I seem to remember experimenting with this and discovering that it would nuke something that I did not want nuked like a batch of players or something to that effect. Note that this was tested back when linking first came out so it might have been fixed, though what are the odds….

Hello, my old friend:

I wish I had read your post earlier than today.
There is an easier solution, and one NOT requiring a reset.

You need the very useful app, SEND ANYWHERE.
SA is available for Android, iOS, Windows and Apple computers, too.

Once you've installed it, you can send ANYTHING SECURELY, QUICKLY, and EASILY (apps included) just as you might send a picture, text message, or email.

So, you can send the MW apk from a Samsung device to an ASUS device, or an iPad mini to an iPad.

You must install SA on both devices, and send, then receive, and you'll be able to install on the second device, or just update.

Using SA allows devices unable to update from the various app stores to receive an update, avoiding the App Stores TRICKY PLOY to make us cheap, frugal folks buy their newer junk, thereby keeping our older devices and our money!!!!

Do enjoy, and know that SA is a very useful, solid app.

It's also FREE!!!!!

Agent Orange
02-13-2016, 03:31 PM
Thanks Dew, didn't know that. Much easier fix then what I went through though I guess I can always use another account.... ;)