PDA

View Full Version : Carnage Crate: stay away!

gunny22
01-29-2016, 04:25 PM
I really wanted that +1 energy bonus item that you get when you have all 3 rare items. I have always regretted not having "bought" that when it was the price of an LTQ a long time ago.

The Carnage crates are not cheap: 90 gold for 1 or 250 for 3.
But the drop rate is 8% according to gree.

I had to buy 111 crates to get my 3rd rare which is a drop rate of only 2.7% !
And then I consider myself lucky, I got 3 different rares from the first time.

So my advice to y'all: stay away from this.

Evan1000
01-29-2016, 04:44 PM
You spent 10k gold on this?

gunny22
01-30-2016, 04:15 AM
Almost. 9250 to be exact. Crazy, huh? But once you start, you've got to go until the end IMHO. Otherwise you spend gold for nothing, which is even more crazy.

Winnson
01-30-2016, 04:23 AM
gunny, you should look into some impulse control stuff bro.

Why would you do that?

Dipstik
01-30-2016, 06:07 AM
Almost. 9250 to be exact. Crazy, huh? But once you start, you've got to go until the end IMHO. Otherwise you spend gold for nothing, which is even more crazy.

Well, at least you didn't waste your money on nothing...

Dr BoneCrusher
01-30-2016, 07:00 AM
Well, at least you didn't waste your money on nothing...

Dippy that's not nice what you did their

!Radar
01-30-2016, 09:08 AM
Each opening is an independent event. There's an 8% chance on each opening that you will get a rare item. Doesn't mean 8% of the boxes you open will have rare items, will be different for each person. If I only open 1 box and get a rare it doesn't mean there's a 100% drop rate. Besides, who does ltw's anyway?

Gungho
01-30-2016, 11:29 AM
This is the kampu gacha technique.

Any event made by GREE where there is a great prize based on luck, will drain you for gold. Just stay away or start asking yourself "Do I feel lucky punk, do I?" And "Do I really need this?". Secondly this event is with non stackable weapons, as it seems Gree really want to deminish old accounts.

I wonder how many players actually care to read the forum before they start tapping them crates, and get prizes that doesn't work as announced in game. And do players really need to check a forum when playing a mobile game?

Mrs Cash
01-30-2016, 01:42 PM
This, my friends, is how Gree stays in business. SMH...

Dipstik
01-30-2016, 03:28 PM
I'm sure the scratchers have had their odds weighted since they were reintroduced, too.

Umpa Loompa
01-31-2016, 05:00 PM
A drop rate is a chance, not reality numbers. When they say the drop rate is 10% you can't expect it to open 9 'wrong' crates and get the item at the 10th try. Statistically, however, that is correct, but it's just a chance of getting one in ten tries. Go back to school please.

BrisingrBoss
01-31-2016, 10:09 PM
a drop rate of 10% means 10% chance of getting one of the rares. realistically you actually have 3.3% chance on each individual rare, so your 2.7% is not that far off if the drop rate was 8% we are talking about 2.66% chance on each rare.

Idiosyncrasy
02-01-2016, 08:43 PM
Hi,

So, it's been a while since I've played this game. A year and a few months if I recall correctly (whatever my sig says and I can't be bothered to look before posting this). The game mechanics still appear to be about the same. I used to be pretty serious about this game (as serious as a very mild gold player can be) up until I left it behind for good. Since then, I come here for giggles and to see what's been going on.

I have to admit though, as much as I disagree with so many things about Gree and its operations, this thread made me a little sad - assuming OP is not a troll. I'll carry on as if you're serious.

I've met a lot of people here who have spent a lot of money on this game. And it's fine if that's what you want to do. But 9,250 gold for a micro chance of winning something that isn't worth the pixels it occupies while knowing full well how quickly it will become obsolete? If I remember right, isn't it around $100 for a vault of 1,500? So quick math tells me you spent over $600 for this thing? Jesus, man. Did you even enjoy getting it, and are you enjoying it now? I really hope so, but knowing the characteristics of this behavior tells me that the high that you felt was ever so fleeting.

I don't really know what to say, but I felt like saying something. Please do yourself a favor and research a few things. Really analyze this game's mechanics, its monetization techniques, the game's development over time, its history, and how the people are treated (employees and players/customers). Mainly check out the monetization techniques. If you can swing it, that's cool, but don't expect anything out of it, and don't jeopardize your well being.

But hey, thanks for subsidizing the free players and keeping the lights on for me to come back here from time to time.