PDA

View Full Version : You release a health boost unit and don't tell anyone about it?

Pidgeot
01-24-2016, 09:45 PM
This is the **** I'm talking about. It won't hurt to tell the players about it and because you didn't, you missed out on sales.

DEWIN NUTTIN
01-24-2016, 11:31 PM
This is the **** I'm talking about. It won't hurt to tell the players about it and because you didn't, you missed out on sales.

Mate, again THEGREE illustrates their brilliance.
How, you ask?
THEGREE maximizes EVERY sales opportunity.
Tapers have begged for units that boost health.
Announcing such a unit to the masses, damages the revenue stream of THEGREE.
So, in another brilliant move, THEGREE releases it SILENTLY.

I have praised the ability of THEGREE to maximize profits, while minimizing value, yet keeping tappers engaged and distracted so much that when tappers see an opportunity it's too late to jump on it because THEGREE dangled that carrot, worked the silly tappers to death extricating thousands of dinero, pounds, dollars, pesos, MONEY for NUTTIN.

THEGREE may be many things, what THEGREE isn't is STUPID.

THEGREE achieves maximum revenue for minimum effort.

Contrary to popular opinion, that is genius.

Stubby1113
01-25-2016, 01:32 PM
It's posted in announcements and it don't stack

Pidgeot
01-25-2016, 01:40 PM
It's posted in announcements and it don't stack

That would have been nice to know. I don't know why they just don't post it in the area when the general public of players can see it.

fatbodychris
01-25-2016, 01:59 PM
That would have been nice to know. I don't know why they just don't post it in the area when the general public of players can see it.

Hence the announcement sub thread. Thought you didn't spend gold anyway?

Pidgeot
01-25-2016, 03:07 PM
Hence the announcement sub thread. Thought you didn't spend gold anyway?

I spend gold all the time when the boost is something I can use, like always but announcements like that should be in the general forum where most of the players talk about stuff. Most dont know to go there since its never updated.

levelhead
01-25-2016, 03:27 PM
I missed out to. But to be honest, I would have jumped at the chance a while back. But with the state of the game and things that's happened, I would not even attempt it now. Dew got it spot on. GREE played that event well ;)

manbeast
01-25-2016, 03:31 PM
Got a ss of unit? How much was the boost and what did it cost? Never heard about it

truthteller
01-25-2016, 04:06 PM
Got a ss of unit? How much was the boost and what did it cost? Never heard about it

It was the Tomcat plane with 20% health...............that was originally release years ago

units DOES NOT stack.......... so again, with the "misguided" way gree does things, many bought the units just to find out, their health remained the same

and that now they have 2 tomcats in their inventories

PS: they said total cost was just over 3k gold

fatbodychris
01-25-2016, 04:38 PM

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?119983-Event-Rapid-Fire!

DEWIN NUTTIN
01-25-2016, 05:24 PM
I hope everyone sees, and recognizes, the brilliance, the genius, the astounding marketing ability of THEGREE.

THEGREE is so smart, THEGREE can entice a committed NONSPENDER to buy thousands of their faux gold.

Jg48
01-25-2016, 05:43 PM
It was posted 4 hours before it went live. And it only cost between 2500-3000 gold just do not remember exact amount

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
01-25-2016, 06:02 PM
It was posted 4 hours before it went live. And it only cost between 2500-3000 (tel:2500-3000) gold just do not remember exact amount

THEGREE so very clever to get them to spend to buy nuttin

WBS
01-25-2016, 07:21 PM
It was posted 4 hours before it went live. And it only cost between 2500-3000 gold just do not remember exact amount

"It only cost 2500-3000 gold" do you mean that's cheap?

Pidgeot
01-25-2016, 08:55 PM
"It only cost 2500-3000 gold" do you mean that's cheap?

Considering the total rewards was something like +4 energy regen and -20% health regen time I would call that cheap, considering GREE.

Sheldor Sir
01-26-2016, 01:06 AM
+ 4 energy explains why LTq health increased along with Xp awarded, oh playing CoC & Boom more now so whatever

WBS
01-26-2016, 05:35 AM
+ 4 energy explains why LTq health increased along with Xp awarded, oh playing CoC & Boom more now so whatever

Same here Sheldon Sir, besides boom beach. CoC is a much better game, it has no glitches or very little. It actually takes strategy instead if just buying gold and tapping. You don't have to be on the game all the time either, it just has a much better platform and has away more fun factor than modern war has. I quit faction play in modern war, I'm keeping my account to see if I change my mind. I will more than likely delete my MW account within the week as it's gotten to screwed up of a game to play anymore.

fatbodychris
01-26-2016, 06:27 AM
Considering the total rewards was something like +4 energy regen and -20% health regen time I would call that cheap, considering GREE.

Only +2 energy and 20% health regen but you should also note you don't get the full 20% reduction.

Sheldor Sir
01-26-2016, 06:38 AM
Same here Sheldon Sir, besides boom beach. CoC is a much better game, it has no glitches or very little. It actually takes strategy instead if just buying gold and tapping. You don't have to be on the game all the time either, it just has a much better platform and has away more fun factor than modern war has. I quit faction play in modern war, I'm keeping my account to see if I change my mind. I will more than likely delete my MW account within the week as it's gotten to screwed up of a game to play anymore.

have all my accounts in my own faction now (few friends minis too) but will only do odd events like FL and RB but even those are getting less and less effort, MW is not my first think to check anymore

Agent Orange
01-26-2016, 08:13 AM
I still experiment with my factions but honestly there isn't much of interest left in the game. But heck it's free so WTH. I started Boom but got bored with it, stopped playing Sim City whatever it was as well. Never tried CoC but maybe one day.

Only really bother with WD now, FL is too much tapping and no strategy other then tap like a fool in the last two minutes and with gree throttling back their servers scripting for this event is too much work.

At this point I don't see any way of fixing this mess which is a shame because the game still is interesting if you get past wanting to 'win' it which as Dew points out is not going to ever happen. But if someone had before things went out of control with stats had sat down and looked at the whole of the game and adjusted all of it's elements accordingly we'll they might have still had a winner on their hands and good cash flow. But too many elements have become redundant or worthless such as defence buildings, units from unit buildings and even cash buildings because there is no cohesive plan linking all these elements together.

For laughs I made a 1 player faction with a player with 700 attack and def and ran it in two battles. Oh and I created the faction on day 1 of the event AFTER it started. I tried adding a new player on day 2 but they finally got around to locking them.

It got destroyed twice but still scored enough CC hits to put it just below top 3000 or was that 2500. Basically though there is nobody left playing, not sure where all the single player factions end but I wouldn't be shocked if they started around the top 2000 or higher.

But yes MW is certainly not my first stop when I fire up the iPad in the morning...

Pidgeot
01-26-2016, 08:47 AM
Only +2 energy and 20% health regen but you should also note you don't get the full 20% reduction.

I thought there was another +2 energy regen somewhere within the 1/7 goals.

crazeejay
01-26-2016, 11:59 AM

Wow you should really get that brain tumor checked out man!

Agent Orange
01-26-2016, 01:13 PM
Wow you should really get that brain tumor checked out man!

I suspect he's confusing 'cheap' with worthless.

WBS
01-26-2016, 08:00 PM
I guess cheap or expensive is subjective. I am not a believer in rewarding a company that disregards its customers and is very low on quality but some are able to look past that. To each his own.

Pidgeot
01-26-2016, 08:27 PM
I didn't buy any gold and I dont use cheap lightly either. Considering how GREE normally price events for boost like that, 2500 gold is cheap for both a +2 and -20 health time.

robmurphy
01-27-2016, 06:02 AM
At the risk of being branded an idiot, a spoilt brat or perhaps having a brain tumour, I'd just like to say I think GREEs new idea of bringing back old bonus units is a great one.

It should help all those players who constantly whine about not being able to get the best units. Whilst conversely not helping all those who already have them as they don't stack.

And yes, they're pretty good value relatively speaking.

And as usual, they're optional. No one forces you to buy them.

Well done GREE. (No, that's not meant to be sarcasm).

WBS
01-27-2016, 07:48 AM
At the risk of being branded an idiot, a spoilt brat or perhaps having a brain tumour, I'd just like to say I think GREEs new idea of bringing back old bonus units is a great one.

It should help all those players who constantly whine about not being able to get the best units. Whilst conversely not helping all those who already have them as they don't stack.

And yes, they're pretty good value relatively speaking.

And as usual, they're optional. No one forces you to buy them.

Well done GREE. (No, that's not meant to be sarcasm).

Maybe some think you are all those things, like I said it's subjective. I think for me Gree has tarnished the game so much that there gold grabs and desperation seem quite obvious. The only thing that would get me to even think of spending a fine if they started communicating the direction of the game and actually started caring more about quality rather than putting out glitched events and updates that don't fix anything.
Some like yourself still enjoy it and an look past the faults, I'm not one of those because I wouldn't run my business like that.

robmurphy
01-27-2016, 09:41 AM
Maybe some think you are all those things, like I said it's subjective. I think for me Gree has tarnished the game so much that there gold grabs and desperation seem quite obvious. The only thing that would get me to even think of spending a fine if they started communicating the direction of the game and actually started caring more about quality rather than putting out glitched events and updates that don't fix anything.
Some like yourself still enjoy it and an look past the faults, I'm not one of those because I wouldn't run my business like that.

A sensible answer.

But I question what in reality is worsening about this game?

I seldom if ever see the bugs and glitches that are so often reported in here. My devices (iPhone 6 and iPad mini 2) are not particularly new or old, but I have very few issues.

As for the events, who cares if they start a little late sometimes, it's no worse than a year or two ago.

Who cares if the events are repetitive? You could call that predictable and easy to plan for.

The guys at the top are still the same as they were two or three years ago. They (we?) spend the most and continue to get the most stuff.

I'm not blind, there are improvements that could be made, my biggest bugbear is the lag on double/triple strikes, but they affect everyone equally (relative to %ages).

People say FL is boring because it's all about tapping in the last two minutes. Well, I have to disagree, there is of course an increase in tapping at the end, but I've played in the top 1, 2 and 3 factions and they all have well though out strategies.

Perhaps, like life, you get out of this game what you put in. I still love it. I even think some of the 'characters' in the game make it even more fun.

My only advice is accept the level your investment gets you. If you don't like it, quit or spend more. It's a game. I spend nowhere near the top players, but I put in the extra hours which compensates. When I get bored, I'll quit. I'll go back to doing equally insane things like spending £500 on a single golf club.

At least with MW I can see my account growing stronger by spending. With golf, my new expensive clubs just mean I hit it further into the rough.....

What you put in is your choice, as is what you get out.

If anyone should be complaining about these health regen units it's the guys at the very top. I recently chatted to one very well known player who has every single health regen unit except one (which he missed because he was drunk.....). He spent a lot on getting those, now everyone can buy them with no effort whatsoever (except financial).

I'll stop now, I'm even boring myself.....

DEWIN NUTTIN
01-27-2016, 04:02 PM
Sycophants are real, I DEW believe in sycophants.

Pidgeot
01-27-2016, 04:35 PM
A sensible answer.

But I question what in reality is worsening about this game?

I seldom if ever see the bugs and glitches that are so often reported in here. My devices (iPhone 6 and iPad mini 2) are not particularly new or old, but I have very few issues.

As for the events, who cares if they start a little late sometimes, it's no worse than a year or two ago.

Who cares if the events are repetitive? You could call that predictable and easy to plan for.

The guys at the top are still the same as they were two or three years ago. They (we?) spend the most and continue to get the most stuff.

I'm not blind, there are improvements that could be made, my biggest bugbear is the lag on double/triple strikes, but they affect everyone equally (relative to %ages).

People say FL is boring because it's all about tapping in the last two minutes. Well, I have to disagree, there is of course an increase in tapping at the end, but I've played in the top 1, 2 and 3 factions and they all have well though out strategies.

Perhaps, like life, you get out of this game what you put in. I still love it. I even think some of the 'characters' in the game make it even more fun.

My only advice is accept the level your investment gets you. If you don't like it, quit or spend more. It's a game. I spend nowhere near the top players, but I put in the extra hours which compensates. When I get bored, I'll quit. I'll go back to doing equally insane things like spending £500 on a single golf club.

At least with MW I can see my account growing stronger by spending. With golf, my new expensive clubs just mean I hit it further into the rough.....

What you put in is your choice, as is what you get out.

If anyone should be complaining about these health regen units it's the guys at the very top. I recently chatted to one very well known player who has every single health regen unit except one (which he missed because he was drunk.....). He spent a lot on getting those, now everyone can buy them with no effort whatsoever (except financial).

I'll stop now, I'm even boring myself.....

I do agree with you. I'm not having any of the problems others are having with the game. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2014 edition and have never had issues with updating. Sure I have the odd problem but nothing that ever prevented me from playing and if there was a problem, everyone had it too. My biggest issue with Modern War is the lack of support from GREE. The thing I never understood was people who would pass up a great deal to grow their accounts because of trying to hurt GREE. Sure we have our differences but I do think its stupid to pass up regen boost.

Considering what it cost to get those in the first place, that is cheap by GREE standards. A +1 would cost 2 vaults. I even heard of players spending 3 vaults just to get the +1 building upgrade and you can easily get +3 in the store for under 50 bucks.

I do feel GREE should award gold in game to help alleviate the price of events though. I'm not saying people need to give GREE money when they screw up and such but what I am saying is if something comes out and it can help you (since energy and health are important stats), people should at least be willing to look into it.

WBS
01-28-2016, 05:33 AM
I have iphone6. I have to log in twice to get into my game almost every time I try to get on. I haven't gotten gold videos in a year at least. FL still lags for me, it takes about 5 minutes to deploy 250. I was supposed to receive gold for getting promoted, Gree told me I reviewed in which I never did. My stats have been broken for a long time, I do events, place in top 150-100 and they stopped moving ( I don't expect huge gains as a free player but I do expect more increase than I have gotten) When using my energy refills half the timely energy doesn't refill.

Some say they don't have glitches in which I would understand why they have no issues. But over the years it's gotten worse even after I bought new phone. I liked the game and have been playing since before factions started. I lead a faction for 2.5-3 years and was in top 50.

Repetitiveness in this game is unavoidable but the glitches and lack of Gree support shouldn't be a repetitive part of it.

J-manKometh96
01-31-2016, 01:33 PM

Not as cheap as what it cost me the fist time around to get them, which was zilch. And no, I was not even close to being in a top faction at the time. More like 1500 lol

Pidgeot
01-31-2016, 01:58 PM
Not as cheap as what it cost me the fist time around to get them, which was zilch. And no, I was not even close to being in a top faction at the time. More like 1500 lol

What did it cost you? I was talking about what it cost the player themselves and not faction level events.

The Pharoah
02-22-2016, 08:23 AM
Sycophants are real, I DEW believe in sycophants.

A sycophant is just like an elephant, but the end of it's trunk is dirtier :)