PDA

View Full Version : Popeye's Advanced Guide

Popeye The Sailor Man
10-31-2011, 06:21 PM
Hi guys i was away for awhile now that I've returned I've decided its about time my guide was published.
Mickey two toes has done well and his guide covers alot of information for new players starting out. Here is a link
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?9259-Tired-of-Rolling-Noobs-A-Guide-to-Success&highlight=rolling+noobs

however my guide covers item location PVP loot and building information such as defence and attack.
Another link to the crime city wiki http://crimecity.wikia.com

Firstly although i have been playing this game awhile I'm not an expert and alot of my information is my own so may not be correct if there is anything you don't agree with just say.

Contents
1 - Basics
2 - PVP Loot vs PVE Loot
3 - Items
how to determine an item
PVE Items and locations
PVP Items and list
Cash Items
Respect Items
5)Defense Buildings
6)Money Buildings
7) Attack and Defense Skill
Why are high levels able to attack me
Explosive guide
10) FAQ’s

Class
Right lets get this guide underway...
Pick Tycoon. enough said.

PVP loot vs PVE loot- loot from missions as we all know can be highly overpowered M4A1 and Machine gun, however i believe through reading through various peoples threads and my own experiences are that PVP loot comes at a much faster rate with the added bonus of respect and maybe money.

I personally prefer PVP loot but when i reach a higher level and have no issue with the rate I gain levels i will be farming certain missions for certain loot.

Items
a lot of people post topics on items they wish to know the location of i will tell you the common answer to these questions and also the location of a few popular items will be later on.
Items are located all over the place the way to tell if they are gained from completing a Goal or a mission is simple. Goal items will be single items that cannot be obtained again eg Chefs Cleaver you can tell these items as they are normally average items that may not have a persons name there will only ever be one per person.
common items people want to know there location that are in this category are cars such as the Gaint, Manta Ray, Rampage and the Armored Car.
PVP Items here is a list of the items obtained through fighting other players.
the average rate of getting a PVP item is as follows although the real number is properly a little higher as for various clitches when i first joined the game where item loot wouldn't always show.

PVE items are normal items that various people with have multiple numbers of the item because they would of been farmed
Here are a few items along with there locations.

Funeral Hall (Graveyard)
Bumper cars (Boardwalk)
State jacket
Atk 3
Def 10
Energy 118

Russian District
Job- Bank
Titanium Guard Armor
Atk-11
Def-32
Energy 375x6

Stone Hammer Melee
empire university
gym
250 energy
Atk- 10
Def - 7
russian district
Pharmacy
Hazmat suit
Atk 2
Def 8
140 Energy

Russian Market
Steal Vodka
SWAT Pistol
Atk 4
Def 8
110 energy

Boardwalk -shooting game
junkyard -blue dumpster
M4 A1
Atk-20
Def- 22

Junkyard
Flattened cars
Devilish Taxi
ATK-6
DEF-5
Energy-85

Autorow
Car Dealership
Lowrider
Atk- 6
Def- 6
105 Energy

Liberty Park
Lakeside restaurant
Armored truck
Attack 2
Defence 5
Energy 68

China Town
Set up opium trade
Armored Police Truck
atk- 4
Def-19

PVP items
Like i said the average Chance of getting a loot item is 1 - 8

Guns
Micro Uzi Atk
Hunting Rifle -
Colt 45 -
Steyr AUG -
m14 Sniper Rifle -
M4 Shotgun -
m72 Rocket Launcher -
Skull Shotgun -
Bloody AK -

Melee
Butterfly Knife -
Nail Bat -
samurai knife -

Armour
Army Helmet -
Boxing Trunks -
wrestlers Mask -
Police Armour -

Cars
Armoured Police truck -
Pimps Lowrider -

Cash Items

The cash items i recommend to outfit your mafia are...

Gun - Sniper Rifle A11 D 5 cost $150,000
Melee - Steel Garrote A 10 D 5 cost $53,000
Armor - Swat Helmet A 4 D 8 cost $18,000
Expolsive - N/A
Vehicle - 69 Camaro A 5 D 4 Cost $35,000

Total - A 30 D 23 Cost per mafia - $254,000 cost per 5 mafia $1.250,000

Comparable to

Gun - Tommy Gun A 10 D 6 Respect 100
Melee - Columbian Knife A 11 D 9 Respect 200
Armor - combat boots A 5 D 8 Respect 50
Expolsive - N/A
Vehicle - mustang A 6 D 4 Respect 125

Total A 32 D 27 Cost per Mafia - Respect 475 cost per 5 mafia Respect 1250

Respect
Whats the best thing to do with respect?
Personally i would spend it. what ever you do with it its important that you understand the gain you will receive from buying that item and the “real value” that item has for instance a tommy gun is worse then a sniper rifle which costs $150,000 and combat boots are basically the same as a swat helmet at $18,000.
I nearly always buy cars with my respect in order to max my attack and defense.

To get the most respect points for your stamina rob buildings such as meat factories, Clothing store, Lofts, and warehouses.
Attack pillage and rob to your hearts content but remember for every action there is a reaction!

Money buildings
Thanks to Tramp stamp the genius
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?13183-Payout-algorithm-explained

.... there is a list of the income buildings along with there income per hour this was before the tycoon class was released but you get to see the basic idea of cost and POI.

My personal play style allows me to collect once every 3 hours as i have a young child who needs feeding every 3 hours and at work I'm able to check in my breaks.
I've recently invested in the 12 hour buildings cinema and loft were to good to turn down personally. Im trying to get to $50k per hour this means ill be earning just over £1,000,000 a day. which is my aim to be able to outfit my mafia well enough to compete later on.

Defence Buildings
Again here is another spreadsheet
http://crimecityiphone.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Buildings

People often dont bother with defense buildings however this is one of the reasons i win all the robbieries against me.
If you buy gold for anything buy bodyguard agencies these give 350 defence per one at level 7 i just brought 10 in the sale.... they offer much more bang for your buck then items.

Mod Mark once said that when you are robbed only half the defense of equipment is used however the full amount of defense from buildings is. therefore i have invested in alot of defense i have roughly 2500 at my level 55 with a mafia size of 150 this makes me virtually unattackable. yeah of corse with this game there is the random element where some people that have brought gold items can randomly beat me but thats fine with me.

Popeye The Sailor Man
10-31-2011, 06:22 PM
[The attack and defense skill

This is a direct quote from mark himself Fight defense looks like this:

Total item defense + Building defense + (contribution from defense skill calculation) +/- (random element)

Rob defense looks like this:

1/2 total item defense + Building defense + (contribution from defense skill calculation) +/- (random element)

Why are high levels attacking me?

When you reach level 75 there has been an issue on this game where the dynamic of being able to see people that are around your level chances instead as well as this high levels with similar mafia sizes may be able to see you as well. This will continue to be an issue until there are more people in and around the same level.
Explosive guide
explosives are a good idea... it just doesn't work at the moment the rate in which the consumables are consumed doesnt make them cost effective, especially if they are defensive ones as they are Halved when you are robbed.

quote from mark “Templar, explosives contribute the exact same way other items do. The same rules apply to them. Different explosives have different chances of being destroyed.” apparently they are writing a guide on them myself ill update this when i know more.

FAQ's
What's the disadvantage of too many mafia??
The disadvantage is that when your a higher level the scope of people that can see you that have similar mafia sizes even tho you are not close in terms of levels. besides whats the advantages of having more that you need or can outfit? there are many more negatives then positives for having a high mafia.

What should i spend my gold on?
you should spend gold on what makes you happy... bare in mind that that by purchasing a gold building it would take a lifetime for some of the buildings to earn as much as a gold item of similar value would add to your attack.

Does selling a gold building return 50% of purchase price back?

No it gives half of what the building would of cost you if you brought it with cash .... which isnt as much as you think.

Where is the Femme Fatal
Its a gold limited item enough already.

How am i doing for my level?
my guide is... look at other players what are there stats? are they better then yours? Are you losing fights. Even if you are thinking this improve on what you have you can never have enough.

The same person keeps attacking me how can i make them stop
One way... DO NOT ATTACK THEM BACK doing this will give them a direct link back to your wall be careful who you attack you give them links... i hate when people do it to me but if you spam there wall about 30 times it gets rid of the link if the guy is really annoying you and you want to get them back.

Is Madhatter good.
No he's some trolling noob who is about 10 never listen to him.

How many M4A1's should i farm.
400ISH by then you should have at least 100 better items.

How to spend skills points?
do what you wish there yours. mine I've spent most on attack and defence and stamia I'm not a energy man as no matter how many you have they come back at the same rate depends on how often you play my 570 does me fine.
How do i improve my

Im still working on it this is it for now... thoughts on it guys?

Popeye The Sailor Man
10-31-2011, 06:22 PM
Helpful players
Me of corse
Duke
Tramp Stamp
2legit
Khung003 (Sometimes)
Joeycool
Anubis
J.J
G Wiz
Kronik

Popeye The Sailor Man
10-31-2011, 06:25 PM
Reserved for future posts.

Coming soon

whocareswhatmynameis
10-31-2011, 06:40 PM
Fifth post.

(just kidding)

thanks! this is the second player initiated "how to" guide posted today. i'm looking forward to reading your subsequent posts. btw, do you mind telling us your stats?

Duke.0
10-31-2011, 06:50 PM
Sixth Post

Yes where is the manta ray?

I got to find a replacement for my junkers!

Popeye The Sailor Man
10-31-2011, 06:56 PM
Sixth Post

Yes where is the manta ray?

I got to find a replacement for my junkers!
manta ray you can get from completing a goal not sure which one

Fifth post.

(just kidding)

thanks! this is the second player initiated "how to" guide posted today. i'm looking forward to reading your subsequent posts. btw, do you mind telling us your stats?

Fifth post.

(just kidding)

Jobs completed: 671
fights won: 4049
fights lost: 117
robberies won: 1438
robberies lost: 3 (misclicks)

# of mafia members: 150
# of weapons: 664
# of armour: 306
total mafia attack: 4119
total mafia defence: 6006
income per hour: 16,000 (deleted my Laundromat today)

whocareswhatmynameis
10-31-2011, 07:09 PM
@Popeye: impressive stats, especially your defense!

2 quick questions:
1) with an almost impregnable defense, do you use the bank?
2) what defense buildings do you recommend? (i saw you briefly mentioned defense buildings but didn't go into details). the reason i'm asking is i'm thinking of replacing my abandoned buildings with gatling gun so that i may free up some space for income buildings.

khung003
10-31-2011, 07:14 PM
Your comment on the uselessness of tommy gun and combat boots .... uhm ... not really correct. Of course at your level and my level there are different views.

tommy gun (100 respect points) v.s sniper rifle ($150,000) - actually $150,000 much hard to earn than 100 respect points. if you attack people a lot, every day you could earn 1000 respect points. $150,000 unless your hood is large with 10,20 level 10 money buildings. Collecting $150,000 / day is a pain.

I don't say tommy gun is useful (since I only have 2 :D) but sniper rifles ($150,000) there is no way (but cheat) to buy 100 such items at level 50-60. But you can easily get 100 tommy guns at that level.

* Compare combat boots (5 - 8) & Swat helmet (4 - 8): both useful at very beginning and become waste later. If you fight a lot 3 armors will come to you so often: boxing trunks (6 - 8), police armor (5 - 14) and wrester mask (4 -7), you don't need to buy any weaker armors.

Popeye The Sailor Man
10-31-2011, 07:31 PM
Your comment on the uselessness of tommy gun and combat boots .... uhm ... not really correct. Of course at your level and my level there are different views.

tommy gun (100 respect points) v.s sniper rifle ($150,000) - actually $150,000 much hard to earn than 100 respect points. if you attack people a lot, every day you could earn 1000 respect points. $150,000 unless your hood is large with 10,20 level 10 money buildings. Collecting $150,000 / day is a pain.

I don't say tommy gun is useful (since I only have 2 :D) but sniper rifles ($150,000) there is no way (but cheat) to buy 100 such items at level 50-60. But you can easily get 100 tommy guns at that level.

* Compare combat boots (5 - 8) & Swat helmet (4 - 8): both useful at very beginning and become waste later. If you fight a lot 3 armors will come to you so often: boxing trunks (6 - 8), police armor (5 - 14) and wrester mask (4 -7), you don't need to buy any weaker armors.
i see what your saying but you need a good economy to be able to compete in the long run.
my way hopefully allows you to not spend any respect items on the lesser equipment and focus on the high level equipment such as the yamaha race bike.

@Popeye: impressive stats, especially your defense!

2 quick questions:
1) with an almost impregnable defense, do you use the bank?
2) what defense buildings do you recommend? (i saw you briefly mentioned defense buildings but didn't go into details). the reason i'm asking is i'm thinking of replacing my abandoned buildings with gatling gun so that i may free up some space for income buildings.

My defence buildings are -
10 Abandoned buildings level 7
18 watch towers level 6
4 thai boxing buildings level 4
2 safe houses Defence level 5

there the buildings i use, i too am thinking of downsizing the abandoned buildings for thai boxing things if I'm honest they seem the easiest to upgrade.

I will only bank after i collect around 100k only because then i run the risk of getting hit for a lucky 10k

Duke.0
10-31-2011, 08:58 PM
@popeye

Defense buildings - When you make one, are you looking for overall defense, how fast it upgrades, cost or how large/small it is?

What makes you decide to pick what you have for your defense buildings?

I'm curious because a level 7 Guard Tower has 103 defense and it costs significantly less then getting 100 defense on a Thai boxing dojo, not saying your wrong, i'm just trying to get really good defense my self in my hood and nobody seems to have a clear strategy as to why they pick a certain building over another.

Did you have a strategy? Your defense is awesome.

Popeye The Sailor Man
11-01-2011, 02:32 AM
my strategy is simple get as much defence as i can as fast as i can when i first started,
now that I'm sitting pretty with my current defence and earning good amount of money I'm aiming for a defence of around 9000 then i will expand my mafia dramatically. to speed this up i will be building thai boxing dojo because currently when i expand my hood i have room for another 10 dojos making another 1000 defence available.

its long but camping now will make me a great player in the long term its a shame you can't enjoy the game as much when you do it my way.

phantom123
11-01-2011, 05:05 AM
I like the idea of picking Tycoon. One huge mistake I made was choosing Enforcer. Waiting for gold to go 20 percent off again so I can become goodfella

Edit: emailed mobile@funzio.com and stated my case repectfully. Guess what? they changed me to a Tycoon from an Enforcer. Those of you who will try this. When you email them; be respectful, address the issue. No need to tell the developers that they have food on their table because of you blah blah blah etc. lol. Just be nice, sound educated and things will turn out for the best.

rustbinlid
11-01-2011, 06:09 AM
I like the idea of picking Tycoon. One huge mistake I made. Waiting for gold to go 20 percent off again so I can become goodfella
I'm a Goodfella, it is a waste of good gold, just stick to being a Tycoon.

phantom123
11-01-2011, 08:55 AM
I meant to say I didn't pick tycoon. I picked enforcer lol

Popeye The Sailor Man
11-02-2011, 08:19 AM
Always pick tycoon fact,
Working on a couple of things to add in a couple of days

Certes
11-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Since we don't have stickies or a moderator, I'm bumping this back to the top. Hopefully it will avoid some duplicate posts....

Kirbnite
11-04-2011, 12:50 PM
circuit street
Pawn shop
M249 Machine Gun
Atk 7
Def 23
156 Energy

I cannot confirm this item here, but I can confirm I received one when I completed the goal in Circuit Street for completing the Pawn Shop & the arcade. Do people actually have multiple of this item?

Popeye The Sailor Man
11-05-2011, 03:58 AM
I'm going to be updating this soon just been abit busy and not able to get on my laptop,
Things going to be changed, order of posts

Consumeables guide added
Popular problems
Diference in levels attacking you
More popular item locations
The attack and defence skill
FAQ's

617Pats
11-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Just wondering, what level are you Popeye the Sailor Man? I see your stats but no level indication.

As for me,

Level 50
Jobs completed: 1615
fights won:2309
fights lost:184
robberies won:903
robberies lost:34

#of mafia members:347
#of weapons:725
#of armor:318
total mafia attack:4038
total mafia defense:4509
income per hour: $21,272 (2 lvl 7 laundromats only)

Butch999
11-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Just wondering, what level are you Popeye the Sailor Man? I see your stats but no level indication.

As for me,

Level 50
Jobs completed: 1615
fights won:2309
fights lost:184
robberies won:903
robberies lost:34

#of mafia members:347
#of weapons:725
#of armor:318
total mafia attack:4038
total mafia defense:4509
income per hour: $21,272 (2 lvl 7 laundromats only)

Do you mean all you income comes from only 2 lvl 7 laundromats?

Leetfeet
11-05-2011, 04:53 PM
2 x lvl 7 laundrymats equals 3520 income per hour =)

617Pats
11-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Sorry for the confusion,

I just put (2 lvl 7 laundromats) to indicate its factor on income per hour because laundromats are extremeley misleading in hourly income and strength of economy and I see people with level 10 laundromats which inflates their true economic output. I am Tycoon class and have only 2 level 7 laundromats=$4104 per hour, so realistically my income per hour is more like $21272-$4104= $17,168 per hour.

Popeye The Sailor Man
11-06-2011, 04:40 AM
Updated a little

Butch999
11-06-2011, 05:21 AM
Updated a little

A brilliant read, thanks Popeye!

Ram
11-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Popeye do you know where to get street sweeper?

K@le
11-06-2011, 04:04 PM
I know where to get the Ass Sweeper 15/20

Popeye The Sailor Man
11-06-2011, 04:18 PM
I don't ram, but I take it it's off a Npc as they are the ones that drop coulored items normally...
I havnt seen one yet tho

Popeye The Sailor Man
11-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Bump are people finding this helpful

whocareswhatmynameis
11-08-2011, 02:35 PM
great posts... very organized and quite helpful!

Vile Lynn
11-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Awesome Popeye, helpful even at lvl 80... thanks!
Many will benefit, for sure.
~looking forward to future posts

Popeye The Sailor Man
11-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Bump again ... updated a little more
took some info that was false off
all data should now be correct...
more item locations added

K@le
11-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Hi Popeye if you want you can add another weapon to loot at your list if you want.

I just got the Falcome family Shotgun 14-12 from Boardwalk and then the person Gino Falcone 295 energy x 10
reward is the shotgun and $20k - $92.5k
Good luck with it

Sophie
11-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Your guide suggests that the M4 A1 can be found in the Junkyard blue dumpster. To which blue dumpster does this refer? There are two in the Junkyard.
Thanks in advance!
sophie

Popeye The Sailor Man
11-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Sophie its the top right hand one the bigger of the two, and that wepon although it's ok maybe even alright doesn't really fit in as all the defeat jobs have quite good drops

Sophie
11-11-2011, 04:36 AM
Thanks, Popeye, but at the risk of sounding really ignorant what do you mean by defeat jobs?

Popeye The Sailor Man
11-13-2011, 12:38 PM
The defeat goals are jobs that are the last job in each area which always give loot, normally quite good loot depending on the area you are doing

eXc Drake
11-13-2011, 07:18 PM
I think he's talking to K@le with that part Sofie. It's the "Blue Scrap Box" in Junkyard. So nostalgic, I got my first 50 M4's there.

Swearengen
11-14-2011, 06:52 AM
Great info on this thread. I am level 8- but my stats stink, way too many mafia 2000+, low income, def around 8000, atk 6000, etc... Leveled way too fast. Plan on trying some camping and advice from this forum to see if it turns around before I start over.

One question: everyone says have 5 items per mafia member, does that mean total of 5 regardless of type of does it have to be 1 melee, 1 gun ,1 car, 1 armor, etc...? If so i need way more vehicles...

Thanks!

Popeye The Sailor Man
11-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Just a little bump

fatacad
11-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Great info on this thread. I am level 8- but my stats stink, way too many mafia 2000+, low income, def around 8000, atk 6000, etc... Leveled way too fast. Plan on trying some camping and advice from this forum to see if it turns around before I start over.

I assume you mean level 80 something? To all those at low levels, I strongly recommend investing your respect in combat boots. They are by far the best value early in the game, my attck n def remained the top 10% of my rivals stats through most of the game using that strategy.

Popeye The Sailor Man
11-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Really I have a few pairs of combat boots not gonna lie they are a good deal for there cost but saving respect points for better items is advised because end of the day how long are those combat boots gonna be used for, the better idea would be to buy swat helmets at $18000 for 4 A and 8 D

Jo83
11-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Pls add me on

566 210 152

Daily player and will accept all... Tx

asstron
11-28-2011, 02:36 PM
This post has really helped me enjoy the game more. I have been farming carbines and have over 100 now. It has increased my ability to rob significantly.

I am working to upgrade my defenses, and ultimately max out my buildings. I have 4 buildings at level 10 now, 2 laundromats and 2 icecream shops. They really put out the dough!

LiddleBob
11-30-2011, 09:20 AM
This post has really helped me enjoy the game more. I have been farming carbines and have over 100 now. It has increased my ability to rob

What are the stats of the carbine, and where are you farming them?

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-05-2011, 02:15 AM
Bump will update tonight after work

Joe Brown
12-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Popeye - Thanks for the guide - it has been a HUGE help. Made CC much more fun!!

Crime City: Kaen 909 898 510 - lvl 47; #:75; att/def: 2705/3679; 12,392/hr
Modern War: Wolverine 168 440 887

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Updated
updated general information
Building information
FAQ'S
Helpful Players

Try to keep this thread bumped please guys

Doron Shai
12-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Hi There!

Your Guide is very good man!

I really like the M4 A1 Part...

Boardwalk -shooting game
junkyard -blue dumpster
M4 A1
Atk-20
Def- 22

Any more good tips?

DS

MadHatter
12-06-2011, 01:41 AM
Could this thread be deleted nark or any other threads on here? It's long winded and pointless and by following this guide you set yourself in a "n00b" mindset. I personally dont think popeye has the game knowledge to write a guide. He's setting players up to fail. DELETE this thread!

dudeman
12-06-2011, 11:01 AM

dudeman
12-06-2011, 06:03 PM

duder
01-21-2012, 10:47 AM
@Popeye
I've been doing a lot of thinking about progression through the game, and I was thinking that a long term guide should really break the game down into three major phases with goals for those phases.

Phase 1 - low levels/pre-m4a1 (2-29)
Phase 2 - mid-levels (29 - HL can see you cut off, what is this, like level 90 now?)
Phase 3 - high-levels (HL can see you)

I guess these phases could be arguable, but I'm pretty certain the advent of the m4a1 (available starting to level 30's from the junkyard) and the point at which HL characters can see you are basically the two biggest watershed game-changing events that should affect every player.

Here are my takes on the goals that players should try to achieve in these phases:

Phase 1 (lvl 2 -29): Building a foundation
1. Strategy: Collect and rob
You should be doing two things at this point: collecting from your buildings to make more buildings, and robbing folks for cash payouts. In terms of robbing buildings, the order roughly goes:
History Museum (required level: 25)
Fish Store (required level: 17)
Bagel Shop (required level: 22)
House (required level: 3)
Gun Shop
Electronics Store

As these buildings level up, their relative spots will jump around (e.g. a level 4 House will have the same payout as the history museum). Also, there are a couple buildings I left off the list because they have relatively high experience payouts (i.e. warehouse, meat factory). Also, even if you see them, avoid trying to rob movie theaters and lofts. Buildings seem to have inherent defensive values, and these buildings will stop you before level 10 even if you have your rival dominated in terms of attack and defense. Most, if not all, of the windfall from these robberies should go directly back into your economy.

It may be tempting to increase your stamina pool to increase the amount of robbing you can do. That's fine; however, keep in mind this will level you up faster and potentially have a negative impact on your second phase growth.

Finally, if you want to do missions and goals, my advice is know what you're getting into. The payouts in terms of cash, loot, and respect are not very large, but the payouts in terms of xp will level you pretty quickly. There will come a time to do these goals later on.

2. Economy: $200k collected per day
Get to the point where you're clearing around 200k per day (this will likely be around the 20k/hr profile statistic mark). One other point, if you still have your 10 gold and you're trying to figure out whether to get basketball courts or an ice cream shop, get the ice cream shop - the basketball courts simply take too much space.

This is a more optional goal, since it takes a good chunk of time, but it will allow a player to make the purchases suggested early on. With a little patience and diligence, it should be possible to hit this mark after about a month or two?

3. Equipment: Every mafia equipped with good value equipment
Melee = Brass Knuckles (3/2 $540)
Armor = Armored Gloves (3/3 $1900)
Gun = Ak-47 (3/4 $2700)
Vehicle = skip (well, if the goal comes up to buy junkers, do it - you'll get a camaro as a reward)

If you're concerned about defense, also pick up the stiletto (2/3 melee $800) and the military goggles (1/4 armor $750). Once your economy gets near the suggested range, you can start picking up better pieces, but early on if you have a maximum sized mafia equipped with these, you will be strong.

4. Stats: If possible, achieve your end game energy pool
There are a total of 28x3 = 84 skill points available. The size of your energy pool should roughly be correlated to the amount of time between when you check in. Since you recover 3 energy every minute (or 180 energy per hour), if you check in once every three hours, that should be 540. If you check in once a day and for some reason you chose agent or purchased goodfella (which bumps you up to around 200 energy recovered each hour), it should be closer to 4800.

Bottom line, you can have 840 energy points by level 29. If you plan to have more at the end of the game, this is what you want to have at level 29. In the next phase of the game, how quickly you get stronger will be more directly tied to energy usage than anything else. If you are looking to have an energy pool smaller than 840 points, put the excess stat points into stamina at the early levels. Stamina will be used more than energy early on.

5. Mafia Size: 100
Get to 25 mafia comprised of actual players ASAP (for the $100 per day visit bonus). After that, make your way up to 100 (to unlock steel garrotes and buildings up to the loft) and stay there. Keep collecting requests, just don't approve them (you will need them later).

There are two good ways to get your mafia count up quickly:
a) start a mass add thread on the forums
If you start a thread and keep bumping it to the top, it can after a couple of weeks reach a critical level to where it maintains itself. Hm... looks like my thread might have died, but it remained viable without my intervention for about 3 months (I now have waaay to many folks in my mafia).
b) post your code in every hood you visit
You can copy your code from your profile page. As you go to rob hoods, just drop your code on folks' walls. You'd be surprised at how little effort this takes and how many invites you'll receive.

Phase 2 (level 30 - HL threshold): M4 A1's and come out of the gates swinging
1. Strategy: Farm M4 A1's and pillage the town with your loot!
Basically as soon as you hit level 30, 100% of your energy should go into farming M4 A1's. The M4 A1is a 20/22 gun. What is so special about this weapon is it is literally the strongest available piece of equipment that does not require real world dollars at level 30, and even once stronger overall weapons become available it still has the highest defensive value of any equipment that can be purchased with respect or in game cash.

The 'Hide Supplies' mission in the junkyard costs 57 energy and has a 1 in 20 chance of dropping this behemoth. For every 1,250 energy you spend on this mission, you can roughly expect to get 1 M4 A1. You will need 8 Motorcycles and 26 Machine Pistols to start the mission (cost of $74,000 that you will only need to pay once).

Once you hit level 51, you can start farming the 'Play shooting' mission in the Boardwalk. This mission costs 135 energy and has approximately a 1 in 7 chance of dropping the M4 A1. For every 960 energy spent, you can expect one gun. You will need to purchase 12 Hatchbacks and 20 Mace to start it (cost of $184,000).

At this point you should also aggressively pursue any goal which requires you to rob or fight a rival. These goals pay out in respect points and sometimes extra mafia members or loot. Anything closer and you begin to pick up a chance to lose. Be certain to always press the rob button in your rivals screen so you can have the chance to check their profile stats before you start attacking. If a rival has any defensive buildings over level 1, their listed defense score will not be equal to their mafia defense score - it will be lower. If you want to see someone's mafia defense score, rob a building and what you will see there will be it. For winning streak goals, always target rivals with a mafia defense score lower than 2/3rds your attack score. Any closer than this and you will start to see losses accrue.

Finally, switch from robbing for cash to robbing for respect. Thankfully, due to the goals that ask folks to build clothing stores, meat factories, and level warehouses up to level 7, there shouldn't be a shortage of unrobbed buildings with decent respect payouts. Add lofts to this list and any time you have an attack score close to someone's defense score, you should try to rob the building. The heirarchy runs like so:
Loft
Clothing Store
Meat Factory
Warehouse
If you don't want to level up to quickly, just look for lofts and clothing stores (lofts have a 2 or 3 to 1 ratio of respect to xp, clothing stores are just slightly lower than 1 to 1). You should make certain that you're only trying to rob from folks with at least 100 mafia (you know, for the lofts).

2. Economy: Grow as you can
If you reached the point where you can clear $200k per day in collections, you don't really need to actively invest in your economy at this point. Make certain you're maintaining value cash equipment for all of your mafia members and invest any and all excess cash back into your economy. You shouldn't be rapidly expanding your mafia at this point, so that should be ok.

You should also think about maximizing the value of your space at this point. Unless you've gone bananas on your economic development, expansions will quickly become prohibitively expensive. Chances are you will have a few buildings with a large foot print (I dunno, clothing stores, chinese restaurants, collection agencies) that do not currently and never will have a very good payout for the space they occupy. These are all buildings you may put down to complete goals or for the return on investment at the time. You will want to consider selling off buildings with low space to return ratios to make way for the new buildings that become available during this time. This probably doesn't need to be said, but to avoid seller's remorse, always replace the old building with a new building that will start making more than the original without any upgrades.

Another choice to consider at this point (which is kind of in line with using space well) is to consider moving to an economy founded on buildings with longer collection timers. If you can have nothing but 12 hr, 24 hr, and 48 hr collection timers, you may be able to synchronize your collection times to when you wake up in the morning and after you get home from work. The reality is with this strategy if you leave cash out long enough, there is always going to be someone who can raid you and they will eventually find you. There won't be a lot of players, but it only takes one. By having long collection timers that only come to completion when you are going to check, it lessens the likelihood that someone who can raid you will see your cash sitting out and get it.

3. Equipment: ... ok this one is going to be debated
Ok, my take on equipment at this phase is you don't need to invest in any of the 1st or 2nd tier respect equipment. Yes, yes, Night Vision Binoculars are a phenomenal value at this point; however, my advice is to hold onto your respect points until chain whips are available. You can be very successful at this stage of the game with just cash equips and PvP loot drops. You might not be perfect, but you will be able to successfully rob and beat up a large enough % of your rival list to be able to make progress at a good clip. So, for equips we have:

Gun: M4 A1 (20/22 mission loot drop)
Round out your mafia with Assault Rifles or Sniper Rifles (Assault is a slighly better value and you'll need them for a goal, Sniper has higher stats)
Melee: Chain Whip (25/19 r750)
Since chain whips will not be immediately available at level 30, you will want to round these out with Steel Garrotes and Nail Bats (from pvp drops)
Armor: PvP drops (boxing trunks 6/8, police armor 5/11, wrestler mask 4/7)
Round these out with either Swat Helmets (4/8 for 18000) or Armored Gloves with Riot Shields (3/3 for 1900 and 1/12 for 32500)
Vehicles: 69 Camaro
If you're fortunate enough to get pimp's lowriders and Armored Police vans from PvP, you won't need as many camaros.

4. Mafia Size: how many M4 A1's do you have?
At this point, you should peg your overall mafia size to the number of M4 A1's you have collected. If you want to immediately drop your mafia down to bare bones as soon as you hit this level, that would be ok (drastic, but ok). Keep in mind though, that other players' ability to put up defensive buildings to augment weak mafias is much higher the fewer mafia you have. My advice would be to try to keep the 100 mafia and see if you can find folks you can beat up on. If over half of your rivals list is stronger than you, you may want to drop a few mafia and wait until you have more M4 A1's to expand back up again.

Once you hit the end of this phase, you should be able to support at least 200-300+ mafia. Basically you should end up with at least as many mafia members as you have M4 A1s in your inventory.

5. Stats: Energy and Stamina
Your first priority (if you haven't done this already) will be to get to your goal energy pool. Once that is squared away, start plugging points into stamina until you get your target pool there too.

Stamina recharges at 1 point every 3 minutes or 20 points per hour. A pool of 60 points will replenish in 3 hours. If you're a goodfella and want to check in once every day, you'll want a pool of ~535 stamina.

Phase 3 (HL+): More respect, finish your goals, do the maps, everything else
Ok, cards on the table, I started playing an exploratory account on my wife's iPad a few months ago (mostly during the weekends since she takes her iPad to work and I'm on the road a lot). I've only managed to get to level 83, basically through playing a parasitic pvp strategy augmented by looting the heck out of m4a1's. I have no idea what to do at the end of the game, but here are some thoughts:

1. Finish collecting M4A1's until you have over 450 of them (you may want to get to like 490, it depends on how many reward equips have better defense scores)
2. Go back and complete every mission map to level 5 for the extra stat points
3. Finish buying up to 500 chain whips
4. Buy excelero's
5. Buy full combat gears
6. Get an economy banging out over 80m per day (dunno if it's possible, but 800m per day would be better) and buy fighter jets
7. Who knows what to do with stat points? Personally, I'll probably end up ploughing them all into attack and hoping having the maximum number of every type of in game cash defense structure will fend off attackers
8. Build all the buildings and get them all to level 10
9. Do all the expansions
10. Complete all the goals

What am I missing?

__________________________________________________ _________________

Anyway, those are my thoughts on one way to play the game based mostly on my exploration character's experiences. To summarize, it's basically a slow-play/camp early on, followed by an aggressive pursuit of loot and respect. The idea is to get to a point early after which you are always strong enough that you don't have to waste opportunities on short term gains in order to continuing advancing at any point.

Since my exploratory character hasn't gotten to the HL threshold yet, I don't know for certain how this strategy will pan out go into the final phase of the game, so feedback would be appreciated. I can say he stumbled through the first phase of the game and was in sorry shape coming into the second (I thought he was going to level up doing missions - boy would that have been boring!). I am basically following the second phase strategy with him right now, and things have started turning around. Here are his stats:

Lvl 83
Mafia 115
Attack 5490
Defense 6465
$/hr 18701

Jobs 3246
Fight Wins 2604
Fight Losses 377
Rob Wins 3467
Rob Losses 304

Attack 1
Defense 1
Energy 1450
Stamina 61

He's got 108 M4 A1s, 60 chain whips, 21 nvb's, and 11 yamas. Just about everything else came from pvp or early mission equipment requirements, though I started buying hatchbacks and swat helmets to make certain I have a vehicle and not the lamest armor on every mafia member (...I am still bringing steel toeds to the battle field, oops?). I'm currently pursuing Championship Round 29 (do you know how hard it is to find rivals with 2/3rds your stats and twice your mafia?).

deuces
01-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Duder could you give a breakdown of the rivals you've seen through your progression? I dont think i want to drop mafia to my m4a1 level (102 at level 94) and think i will probably stay with the ~375 i have, but i'd like to know what type of people you're seeing.

Tramp Stamp
01-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Scattered notes:

I agree with the phases, but "high level" is a moving bar so there's no way to put it into a guide beyond a suggestion to ask around where it is at the moment.

I would add Laundromats to the robbery list as they are always worth robbing for high respect:exp. No need to bear down and target them exclusively, just that they're a) very commonly seen and b) high value.

I think $20k/hr is the top end to start phase 2, just before the point where most players will be camping necessarily. I think a crafty player can do well with around $10k/hr, but most will want a little more, like around $15k/hr. With a planned economy, this range is doable in about a month.

I think Armored Gloves are a poor value. Military Googles should get a stronger recommendation as not only are they the best defense item early on but they're cheap and used in quests.

I think most people base Energy around sleep. A lot of people seem to have 6-9 hours worth of it.

Dropping mafia members after reaching 100 to build the Loft is a viable strategy if competitive pressure is high. As a resource they're quite fungible so no real need to hold on if they become a liability.

I would mention Junkyard is still viable for farming after unlocking of Boardwalk due to more efficient exp usage though concede that most players will prefer Boardwalk.

If you're aggressively farming M4s you don't need to be concerned with robberies at all. I'd say less than 10% can successfully pull it off and they tend to be some random dudes with 50% more mafia and/or gold weapons. I don't even have a lot of cash equipment, mostly Military Googles, nor do I have much in the way of defense buildings (two low level Guard Towers).

I think specific suggestions are in order for 12/24/48 buildings as most of them are a waste. The good ones in this level range are: Beachside Inn (maybe), Church, Dominican Restaurant, Loft, Movie Theater, and Upscale Club.

Agree on 1st and 2nd tier respect equipment. If you grow mafia with M4s you hardly even need cash equipment, let alone respect stuff. Bank it for the end game.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-21-2012, 02:50 PM
@duder: as always, a very informative post. agree with TS re: laundromats. they should always be considered as source for respect points. one observation at higher level (i'm currently at 109): relying on robbery for respect farming may not be worthwhile since many players sell their meat factories, clothing stores and warehouses. instead, PvP fighting is more preferable. this is especially true after FUNZIO introduced new mission quests where it is easier to earn respect points.

deuces
01-21-2012, 03:02 PM
keep in mind for those trying to move through the middle levels extremely slowly that level 7 laundromats payout the best respect:xp ratio. They sometimes payout 3 respect, while always 1xp.

duder
01-23-2012, 09:35 PM
@ deuces
my alt is up to ~120 mafia. generally his rival list is populated by folks equal to or one level below with mafia's from 110 - 220. Not uncommonly the rival list will flex up to 410 mafia. Once in a while he'll get a rival list populated with folks with 50 - 80 mafia.

@ Tramp Stamp
I agree with lm's as second best building to rob if slow-playing for respect (second behind lofts). I'm just not certain if they deserve a call out in any other context. In the second and third phases of the strategy I'm thinking maximizing respect per point stamina will close the gap with folks who started earlier faster than respect per xp.

I agree that the military goggles are a good value defensively early on; however, the strategy is focused on being powerful offensively and maximizing potential robbery targets. I give the armored gloves a shout out because offense in armor pieces is a pain throughout the game. At 1900 for 3 attack, it's a good deal. The next upgrade offensively in the armor category is the swat helmet which really isn't going to come into play until phase 2. Really, the first point where defense may be any sort of an issue in this strategy will be at the high level threshold.

@whocareswhatmynameis
If folks start burning those buildings, I think it's even more worthwhile checking hoods to see if they have those buildings are available. I dunno if the ranges change, but right now I'm seeing 1 - 5 respect per fight. Certainly this is heavily augmented by the expanded win goals. However, those fight goals will continue to be available, while these high respect buildings get sold off. Generally, I'd say if you can get more than 8 respect per stamina from robbing a building, that is worth the stamina use.

In general I am very curious about sustainable respect farming practices. What happens after the goals run out and no one has clothing shops? Are there high level buildings that have good (greater than 5) respect payouts at level 1 other than lofts? Do respect payouts for fights change higher up?

deuces
01-24-2012, 01:35 AM
I think nightclubs are 17xp and 13 respect.

Tramp Stamp
01-24-2012, 09:00 AM
Are you aware that the Money Buildings sheet also has respect payouts? Only baseline (level 1), though.

jinqs
04-14-2012, 11:33 PM
I'm new to the game and have just played a character up to level 23 in about 3 days. I also picked agent. I'm about to restart as I've just discovered that everything I've done has been a huge mistake. I've read a bunch of stuff now including several guides. The one posted above by @duder is by far the most comprehensive guide I've seen for a new player still trying to figure out some of the basics.

So essentially, I think I have a fairly good idea of what I'm supposed to be doing now, but there is one thing that still confuses me and that is, what do I do with my energy in phase 1 (pre M4A1 farming)? The guide talks about maxing out your energy in the early phase, but what do I use it for? Do I work on maxing out the early stages to level 5? Do I farm specific low level missions for decent early-game items? Do I simply let it sit there and not use it? My concern is that doing missions in any capacity is going to level me up way too fast...

Thanks in advance for your help!

i need muney
04-14-2012, 11:37 PM
The thread is a year old. Game has changed significantly.

jinqs
04-14-2012, 11:40 PM
The thread is a year old. Game has changed significantly.
So is the information in the guide posted by @duder not at all accurate anymore? His post is only about 4 months old and it still seemed to fall in line with everything else I've read elsewhere and what I've experienced from my very brief time playing the game.

If the guide is outdated, does anyone have any better sources for a new player to read up?

CounterSniper
04-15-2012, 12:17 AM
So is the information in the guide posted by @duder not at all accurate anymore? His post is only about 4 months old and it still seemed to fall in line with everything else I've read elsewhere and what I've experienced from my very brief time playing the game.

If the guide is outdated, does anyone have any better sources for a new player to read up?

Read the Best of the Best guides and then check the loot spreadsheet cuz a lot of items have different drop rates or have been nerfed. The primary example being the m4a1, it is gone and replaced by a rusty version with lower stats.

i need muney
04-15-2012, 12:22 AM
Economy side is still valid, hence this https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hwXWabpcJ5MArWjSy0-16Kbimbzjnq8xPAGcVD12BdI/mobilebasic?pli=1
Farming really depends on a lot of stuff. You might wanna start a new thread, provide all the deets and see what'll people tell you.

10-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Read the Best of the Best guides and then check the loot spreadsheet cuz a lot of items have different drop rates or have been nerfed. The primary example being the m4a1, it is gone and replaced by a rusty version with lower stats.

So trying to farm the m4a1 is a thing of the past now?
I just started the attacking the blue bin before I got to the last page.
What would you guys recommend the noobs do that would be on par with farming m4a1's?(junkyard)

sexkitteh
10-15-2012, 09:31 AM
So trying to farm the m4a1 is a thing of the past now?
I just started the attacking the blue bin before I got to the last page.
What would you guys recommend the noobs do that would be on par with farming m4a1's?(junkyard)

First off - don't necro threads :P

And yes this information you've found is ancient and doesn't work anymore...

What are you looking to do? What are your stats?

Jtstar7439
10-15-2012, 09:33 AM
Wow, someone went deep sea diving to find this thread lol

jobadass
10-15-2012, 04:04 PM
I do miss the blue bin:(
another M4A1 would be worthless at this point YAY!!!!! I beat the M4A1 nurf!!!!

The big one
11-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Nice guide

nopenopenope
11-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Nice guide

nice necro...

http://www.exisle.net/mb/uploads/monthly_07_2012/post-254-0-00371800-1342605236.gif

Hero of Time
11-28-2012, 06:24 PM
Nice guide

Don't necro threads.

Honey Boo Boo
11-28-2012, 07:33 PM
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag96/qwerty9702/9A5A4735-3FCA-4714-ABAB-3072475636BE-237-00000202485D3FAA_zps13461bfc.jpg

Dudebot121256
11-28-2012, 07:36 PM
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag96/qwerty9702/9A5A4735-3FCA-4714-ABAB-3072475636BE-237-00000202485D3FAA_zps13461bfc.jpgThis probably counts as breaking one of the rules.

Welcome to the forums! Please see the below guidelines to ensure a fun and constructive posting experience:

Please do not:

Advertise any product and / or service
Discuss locked threads or staff / moderator disciplinary actions
Discuss unreleased or Staging content that has not been posted or previewed
Engage in religious or political discussion
Flame, Troll, or otherwise be a nuisance
Go off topic
Hijack, Spam, or Necro a thread
Insult or deride any player or staff member
POST ALL IN CAPS
Post any content or engage in discussion about non-Funzio games
Post any form of nudity or sexual content
Post any form or racist or discriminatory content
Reveal your or anyone else's personal information
Swear or use any obscenities (Cutting out a single letter or replacing with symbols counts as swearing, we all know what you mean.)
Repeatedly bump a thread without adding new content.

Also, all discussions between players and staff that do not occur on the forums are considered confidential.

Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions please contact a moderator.

Hero of Time
11-29-2012, 07:17 PM
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag96/qwerty9702/9A5A4735-3FCA-4714-ABAB-3072475636BE-237-00000202485D3FAA_zps13461bfc.jpg

You stalker!

Honey Boo Boo
11-29-2012, 07:25 PM
This probably counts as breaking one of the rules.

Who am I deriding? It was a drawing I made of Santa, it IS the holiday season you know? I'm sorry my art is not up to snuff, but I try very hard. You should cut me some slack.

ponyman
03-16-2013, 12:41 PM
nice guide

montecore
04-10-2014, 11:26 PM
Great stuff.

sister morphine
04-11-2014, 04:28 AM
Can we expect this thread to rise from the dead again in a year's time? :)

CCC-syn
04-11-2014, 07:06 AM
I think the guide in my signature is much much more updated...