PDA

View Full Version : Any merit in starting over?

Butch999
10-31-2011, 04:03 AM
Just wondering as im now in a bit of a vicious circle. I'm level 47, not strong enought to be competing with folks from my level, not making enough income as I spent all my money on silly weaponry/useless buildings and I can't seem to get out! I'm also now after weeks of playing only just starting to get the strategy clear in my head!

Worthwhile starting from scratch do you think?

therealmg
10-31-2011, 04:24 AM
You could start over if you think that it's worth doing everything again. If not just hold on and collect from your buildings as often as you can. Within a week you should be able to get into the game again.

whocareswhatmynameis
10-31-2011, 06:45 AM
a few weeks ago, i was in the same position as you are. i was weak (power + economy). so, i emailed funzio with a request to have them reboot the game. the response i got was that it was not possible to start all over again. i'm not sure if that has changed. only if i had a second apple device (iPhone, iPad, iPod)...

Butch999
10-31-2011, 06:55 AM
a few weeks ago, i was in the same position as you are. i was weak (power + economy). so, i emailed funzio with a request to have them reboot the game. the response i got was that it was not possible to start all over again. i'm not sure if that has changed. only if i had a second apple device (iPhone, iPad, iPod)...

Hmm I do but I wouldn't be able to Play just as much. That's a shame because I'm just not getting as much enjoyment out of it anymore.

Duke.0
10-31-2011, 06:58 AM
What is your mafia size?

TemplarX
10-31-2011, 07:15 AM
Butch, my experience may be relevant for you. I am lvl 55 (3300 att, 4000 def, only 165 mafia size with a $13200/h income). *I was playing like a zombie on my ipad up till lvl 30 before I knew what was going on. I start over on my iPhone with a new character and did very well (lvl 34, 1370/1665 only only 91 mafia, $7800 income...1405-78 fighting win-loss). Through the restart, I learnt several things that allowed me to turnaround my character on the iPad.

I suggest you wont need to restart...stick to your game and try to turn your player around.

To get out of your vicious cycle:
Step 1. *you may want to downsize your mafia gang. This will (I) place you in a lower rung of rival list where you could be more competitive. (ii) allow you to use your better weapons and drop the poorer ones. *The combination of these 2 factors should improve your competitiveness vs rivals. *How much you downsize depends on how many good weapons you have. (see step 5)

Step 2. *Play more regularly to obtain maximum economic output from your buildings without getting robbed

Step 3. *Upgrade your buildings diligently. *No buildings are useless, esp those you get in your early games. *The laundromats, pizza, ice cream stores, deli's are great once upgraded (experts in this forum may disagree, but this is my opinion)

Step 4. *Rob and attack weaker players...if you want to turnaround, no choice but to work hard on finding victims.

Step 5. Don't bank in your money and suffer the 10% cut. Since you are weak, you need to buy weapons anyway. *Spend the money you have immediately on buying good weapons. *If you have 102 mafia, make sure you have high-grade 102 guns, 102 melee, 102 armor, 102 cars. *If you are happy with your weapons, upgrade your buildings. *Or expand your hood and build more buildings.

Hard work, but still possible. *I am making a few assumptions about your situation, so not everything I said may be applicable to you. *Anyways, hope this helps.

whocareswhatmynameis
10-31-2011, 07:42 AM
Step 1. *you may want to downsize your mafia gang.

i couldn't agree more!!! this is the single most important factor that helped me stay afloat in the game. lower mafia size affords you more money to spend on income buildings.

Step 2. *Play more regularly to obtain maximum economic output from your buildings without getting robbed
Step 3. *Upgrade your buildings diligently.
Step 4. *Rob and attack weaker players...if you want to turnaround, no choice but to work hard on finding victims.

agree!

Step 5. Don't bank in your money and suffer the 10% cut. Since you are weak, you need to buy weapons anyway. *Spend the money you have immediately on buying good weapons. *If you have 102 mafia, make sure you have high-grade 102 guns, 102 melee, 102 armor, 102 cars. *If you are happy with your weapons, upgrade your buildings. *Or expand your hood and build more buildings.
this is where i have a differing opinion. personally, i think spending money on weapons is highly inefficient. as you know, weaponry power: gold > respect > cash. short of buying gold, you should invest all your respect points on weapons leaving cash generated from you income properties for upgrading buildings. it is easy to accumulate respect by either robbing or fighting other players. another thing: the bank exists for a reason... the fight dynamics is not fully understood and the only safe thing to do is stash your money in the bank! besides, if you are a tycoon, you are practically depositing in the bank for free.

TemplarX
10-31-2011, 08:01 AM
I agree the bank exists for a good reason. I too deposit regularly to store up reserves. But in butch case, if his/her priority is to catch up, then it's not a time to store up reserves. He needs to spend $$ to catch up economically and militarily :)

whocareswhatmynameis
10-31-2011, 08:17 AM
I agree the bank exists for a good reason. I too deposit regularly to store up reserves. But in butch case, if his/her priority is to catch up, then it's not a time to store up reserves. He needs to spend $$ to catch up economically and militarily :)

i see your point. for immediate purchases, it's reasonable to spend money collected from income properties on an item directly rather than depositing and incurring 10% bank fee.

Butch999
10-31-2011, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, I'm just gonna batten down the hatchs, build and collect untill I have enought to fund some decent weaponry for my mob. The problem with me is, I have no patience!i want to be better and stronger now!! 😄

Joeycool
10-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Downsize your mafia.

Do not rob anyone.

Make sure you just attack. The loot weapons are worth more than any cash you can win on robberies. Plus the win streaks give extra respect and bonus weapons.

Save your cash. Spend the money on Defence buildings initially to put off robbers. Expend when you can and buy money buildings. Basically concentrate on on your economy.

Do not do any of the missions... or you will level up even more.

Thats what I say!! :)

TemplarX
10-31-2011, 04:56 PM
Yeah Joey is right, don't do any missions at all cost for the time being or you'll level up too quickly. He is also right in saying you need to attack, to get respect and also collect drop items.

KronicK
10-31-2011, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, I'm just gonna batten down the hatchs, build and collect untill I have enought to fund some decent weaponry for my mob. The problem with me is, I have no patience!i want to be better and stronger now!! 😄
fine, pay $1000 bucks and you will be way stronger, otherwise, you gotta keep it slow and low like everyone else :)

Jerome Lachaud
11-01-2011, 03:29 AM
Step 3. [...] *The laundromats, pizza, ice cream stores, deli's are great once upgraded (experts in this forum may disagree, but this is my opinion)

Really!? A little off-topics but I am very curious to know their reason for that...

skunk
11-01-2011, 03:38 AM
Really!? A little off-topics but I am very curious to know their reason for that...

Small buildings are robbed less often - if you are online alot, you will collect lots from them without attracting attention.

EXPLOSIVES will help you out too.
$10,000 will buy you 100 attack points :)
Just be carefull who you attack or you will lose them, but in the most part they will pay dividends.
Always replace what you lose in a fight.

khung003
11-01-2011, 03:40 AM
Oops! wrong topic

TemplarX
11-01-2011, 06:37 AM
Butch, do update us on your progress. You should do fine with all these advice :)