PDA

View Full Version : Any update regarding the still banned accounts

Keapa
12-23-2015, 10:39 AM
Gree what news?

What is the problem with these accounts ?

Have you accidentally lost / deleted those accounts?

Those players would appreciate updates.

Nighteg
12-23-2015, 11:02 AM
And you're suppose to be their biggest customers. This is pathetic.

Keapa
12-23-2015, 11:17 AM
I didn't buy that gold so I am not banned

Idiosyncrasy
12-23-2015, 04:14 PM
"No Spamming: Repeatedly posting the same message or topic in one or multiple forums is considered spamming. Spam posts will be locked, edited, or removed. Intentional off-topic or nonsense posts are likely to be considered spam and will be treated the same. Continued off-topic posts after being asked to return to the thread topic will lead to infractions/bans. This applies to text, images, and videos. This also includes repeat posting of internet memes.

If there is something you would like to add to a post you’ve just added to the the thread discussion, please use the EDIT button instead of making multiple posts in a row."

By the way, Merry Christmas!

Keapa
12-23-2015, 04:55 PM
Asking for an update is a different topic

Dipstik
12-23-2015, 05:16 PM
Only because your other one was already tossed down the memory hole

TMI
12-23-2015, 07:50 PM
It's because those accounts upgraded their entire hood using gold to speed things up. And did other things like that, making it hard for GREE to make the necessary changes to account for all that gold they used.
The thousands of crates they opened, etc.

Most of the other accounts just used the gold for IP, so it didn't take too long to correct theirs. (probably under 4k gold to account for)

I guess you should let them know that if they're going to attempt to burn through as much of that gold that they could before they thought GREE would catch on, then they should expect GREE to take a while to correct the account.
Either that or GREE can ban them forever. Alternatively, GREE can honour their bundle sale, but have it cost 2 mil gold to get into their accounts the first time.

Bottom like is that it's not "their" accounts, it's GREEs accounts. It is GREE's private property. The servers are also their private property and there is no law that says they have to allow anyone on their private property (unless it's a protected class like sexual orientation, or race, etc).

Maybe tell your buddies to grovel to GREE with apologizes for going against the TOS, and beg to reinstate those particular GREE accounts that GREE had previously allowed them access to.

Sometimes I wonder if GREE should just be done with this and permanently ban those accounts and stop wasting their time (ie, my gold money) on this.
I wonder how many hours of their labour have been directed towards this clear violation of the TOS.
There are many other things they should be using their labour on, like fixing the rivals list for one.

Lesson learned? :confused:

I guess we'll find out if more threads are made.

crime cow
12-23-2015, 08:12 PM
I wonder how many hours of their labour have been directed towards this clear violation of the TOS.

If this is such a clear violation of the TOS would you please quote the applicable section? The closest I can find is this part of section 7, which seems to favor the player IMO: "You understand and agree that all sales of Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods are final and non-refundable, unless GREE (or the applicable third party platform provider) decides in its sole discretion to provide a refund."

My guess is you are going to cite this portion of section 8, but I would say it's clear that this doesn't apply here: "use or distribute cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third party software designed to modify any user’s experience with the Service."

sister morphine
12-23-2015, 11:03 PM
If this is such a clear violation of the TOS would you please quote the applicable section? The closest I can find is this part of section 7, which seems to favor the player IMO: "You understand and agree that all sales of Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods are final and non-refundable, unless GREE (or the applicable third party platform provider) decides in its sole discretion to provide a refund."

My guess is you are going to cite this portion of section 8, but I would say it's clear that this doesn't apply here: "use or distribute cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third party software designed to modify any user’s experience with the Service."
I would guess the "exploit" bit would cover it. Bad luck for those players concerned, but if it's true they took advantage by burning through as much gold as they could before Gree stopped it, that's good evidence they knew exactly what they were doing when they bought into such an obvious mess up.

Keapa
12-23-2015, 11:59 PM
I know players who bought gold, spent as much as they could in every event building upgrades etc yet have there accounts back.
Whereas others who only spent a little are still locked out

It's because those accounts upgraded their entire hood using gold to speed things up. And did other things like that, making it hard for GREE to make the necessary changes to account for all that gold they used.
The thousands of crates they opened, etc.

Most of the other accounts just used the gold for IP, so it didn't take too long to correct theirs. (probably under 4k gold to account for)

I guess you should let them know that if they're going to attempt to burn through as much of that gold that they could before they thought GREE would catch on, then they should expect GREE to take a while to correct the account.
Either that or GREE can ban them forever. Alternatively, GREE can honour their bundle sale, but have it cost 2 mil gold to get into their accounts the first time.

Bottom like is that it's not "their" accounts, it's GREEs accounts. It is GREE's private property. The servers are also their private property and there is no law that says they have to allow anyone on their private property (unless it's a protected class like sexual orientation, or race, etc).

Maybe tell your buddies to grovel to GREE with apologizes for going against the TOS, and beg to reinstate those particular GREE accounts that GREE had previously allowed them access to.

Sometimes I wonder if GREE should just be done with this and permanently ban those accounts and stop wasting their time (ie, my gold money) on this.
There are many other things they should be using their labour on, like fixing the rivals list for one.

Lesson learned? :confused:

I guess we'll find out if more threads are made.

Keapa
12-24-2015, 12:00 AM
But putting all that to one side, how hard is it for Gree to post an update?

Captain Torgue
12-24-2015, 01:50 AM

They cheated, they are banned.

What is there to update?

Winnson
12-24-2015, 02:46 AM
Merry Christmas all.

Rodimus
12-24-2015, 03:47 AM

Ostomachion has posted update regarding issue

Update 2:

The issue that affected the Wasted Waterfront Bundle has now been resolved.

We have lifted the temporary lock on all affected accounts. These accounts have been restored to the state immediately before purchases of this bundle were made, and the correct items and gold from this bundle have been credited. We will continue to monitor the leaderboard standings and will make appropriate adjustments after the end of the event.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation!

Dipstik
12-24-2015, 05:20 AM
See tam? The problem is resolved!

crime cow
12-24-2015, 06:46 AM
I would guess the "exploit" bit would cover it. Bad luck for those players concerned, but if it's true they took advantage by burning through as much gold as they could before Gree stopped it, that's good evidence they knew exactly what they were doing when they bought into such an obvious mess up.

It's a gray area with exploit in this sense, since the context of the paragraph in the terms of service is 'using exploits to modify any users experience...' I would say that's not what happened here. That doesn't mean that it wasn't wrong and everyone should have known it was an error, but Gree made things far worse with the way the handled it. And to call those who purchased the gold cheaters and then arbitrarily replace the gold with an amount the did not agree to rather than issuing refunds, is not only ridiculous, but I would say they are violating their own terms of service and they are engaging in a 'bait and switch.'

crime cow
12-24-2015, 06:46 AM
Ostomachion has posted update regarding issue

Are you even reading these posts?

Rodimus
12-24-2015, 09:35 AM
Are you even reading these posts?

I post that for the OP.

LüK€¥
12-24-2015, 11:00 AM
It's a gray area with exploit in this sense, since the context of the paragraph in the terms of service is 'using exploits to modify any users experience...' I would say that's not what happened here. That doesn't mean that it wasn't wrong and everyone should have known it was an error, but Gree made things far worse with the way the handled it. And to call those who purchased the gold cheaters and then arbitrarily replace the gold with an amount the did not agree to rather than issuing refunds, is not only ridiculous, but I would say they are violating their own terms of service and they are engaging in a 'bait and switch.'

I agree man, its their fault

LüK€¥
12-24-2015, 11:02 AM
I post that for the OP.

Thank you good sir! I appreciate it that at least one darn person on this forum actually responds to us. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Keapa
12-24-2015, 11:37 AM
Any update available for those players who are still banned?

I post that for the OP.

namedud
12-24-2015, 11:43 AM
Any update available for those players who are still banned?

There is an update queue. This comes somewhere after the accomplices update so just hold tight. They'll get to you.

Keapa
12-24-2015, 11:47 AM
Laughing...good reply.

There is an update queue. This comes somewhere after the accomplices update so just hold tight. They'll get to you.

crime cow
12-24-2015, 11:52 AM
I post that for the OP.

I realize that, and normally I'll have your back, but OP said that accounts are banned still while the update says everyone is unbanned. Obviously there is a disconnect somewhere.

Milburn Pennybags
12-24-2015, 01:14 PM
We don't have any tickets about still banned accounts and we have been able to observe these accounts logging in. Please submit a ticket to support if you or your teammates are having an issue.