PDA

View Full Version : How does money from fights work?

procsyzarc
10-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Trying to work out how money earned or lost from fights is worked out since I seem to lose almost all my money when i lose and get nothing or less than $50 when i win.

I am L35 and spent the last 3 days building up money from winning over 200 fights and quests got to $35,000 (needed 36,000 for the gun for my quest) then i get attacked by some guy 5 times.

fight one: I lost and lost $14,500
fight two: I won and got $5
fight three: I lost and lost $7000
fight four: I won and got $2
fight five: I lost and lost $5500

A bit pissed off I attack him 6 times won all 6 and won back a whooping $9. So how is money worked out from fights I never seem to get more than a few dollars for wins and lose thousands when i lose which is making it near impossible to build up any money. Is there something I can do to make more from wins or lose less from losses?

nvbealone
10-30-2011, 05:08 PM
you are carrying too much money with you thats why when you lose, you lose a heap. the person you attacked did not carry so much money thus your loot is low. remember you only get 10% of whats on hand of the party you attacked and this 10% also applies to you when you lose a fight.

procsyzarc
10-30-2011, 05:17 PM
I lose a lot more than 10% though, and do carry as little as possible in this case was just trying to get enough to get the item for the quest. In this case even if he was carring nothing to start with after fight four he would have been at $21,500 while i was down to $13,500 yet he lost $2 while I lost $5500 for the next fights. I did initally think that it went by money carried but it can't be since at Least 70% of the time i get nothing and the rest is less than $50 and find it very hard to beleive 70% of people don't carry a single dollar on them while the rest stay under $100 considering even if I have $1000 i still lose $400

khung003
10-30-2011, 05:40 PM
it's 10% lost with max 30k for the loser.

However the game apply "late update" for money, meaning the money show to you will be updated for real after a while. That's why he got 14k from you (not updated to his account yet, just show to both you and him) and when you attacked him back, his current money is still not updated yet, and you get back a few bucks.

procsyzarc
10-30-2011, 05:48 PM
How am i losing 14.5k from a single fight though the most money i have ever had is 35k so if it is 10% the most possible to lose should be 3.5k. Also find it hard to beleive that 70% of people carry no money at all (but is possible i guess) since i don't even get $1 most of the time

khung003
10-30-2011, 05:57 PM
that's another issue.

but for late update, that money may be subtracted from your account one day, who knows ?

Aksh0le
10-30-2011, 06:18 PM
The moral of this story is. Put your money in what we call "the bank" before you fight someone like the rest of us do.

Duke.0
10-31-2011, 07:02 AM
Now that i have "free" banking, i do it all the time. Being a tycoon has its benefits :)

Don't get all excited i still have to deduct 10% however, i get 10% more out of buildings so its like i'm banking for free...:)

Castun
10-31-2011, 08:16 AM
If you are attacked and lose more than 1 attack in a row, the news feed combines all the losses into 1 news feed item, so it may appear you're actually losing more than 10% cash. Same with robberies. The only time it's actually split up is if they go back and forth between winning and losing.

If you keep track of your losses in your profile it will reflect the correct amount of lost fights.