PDA

View Full Version : Banned accounts - Questions from all Top 3-50 teams. Developer needed

evj
12-19-2015, 04:49 AM
This is not a glitch, a glitch is a fault in programming that allows unfair advantage. This is an error. Sale of goods act say if you agree to purchase at an advertised price and the transaction occurred then both parties are bound to honour it.

Gree did advertised it, made the bundles go live after quality check and accepted my purchase.

Then you say I used a glitch and you ban my accounts, also those who didnt buy the bundles?

1. What about the box event where I have used a lot of gold (bought before the error)? Its timing out and I cant do anything about it.

2. Im sitting as leader and DL. I cant change DL. The whole team is suffering because Gree is blaming the customers for their error.
When can someone change this until Im back online again?
2.1. No one can make walls as long as the leader is banned. This give opponents another unfair advantage. How will you fix this?

3. Those who didn't buy the bundle, have now figured out they can hit the banned accounts for good points, getting unfair wins and streaks. Low lvls with low stats can win against any banned player. Isn't this a glitch?
3.1. How do you gonna handle them? Ban them after you cleared up the original banned ones?

4. When will the banned accounts comes online again?
4.1. Very soon or after the war is finished?

5. How will you handle the violation of consumer laws from country to country?
I'm sitting in a country who gives consumer protection against scams and fraud. As well all players in EU, US, Canada and Asia/AU too

These are questions players from SAS and a bunch of other top 50 teams are asking right now. I'm in a chat room with most of the Top 50 teams and everyone wants some answers.

I strongly advise you to come online to the forum and answer questions asked as fast as you fixed the bundles.

Until further, you should also change your tread about the bundles. Calling your customers cheaters and glitchers when no one else other than yourself is to blame, will have consequences beyond your expectations.

Lastely, call of the war. Take the game offline, reset it to what it was like until Gree made the error live and put the game online and make the war go on with everyone start at zero points. Its better with a short, fair war than this.

I kindly ask everyone to ignore trolls in this tread as I will do.

Bad Fish
12-19-2015, 05:04 AM
Great thread mate. The SAS name drop will definitely get you the answers that you are searching for very quickly...

The only two issues I see in your post is the lack of threatening to boycott or informing GREE you'll get a refund.

Make those changes & I'd give it 5 stars.

evj
12-19-2015, 05:25 AM
Great thread mate. The SAS name drop will definitely get you the answers that you are searching for very quickly...

The only two issues I see in your post is the lack of threatening to boycott or informing GREE you'll get a refund.

Make those changes & I'd give it 5 stars.

I want to see Gree's answer first. They have a chance to show HOW much tcare about their players and customers here.

crime cow
12-19-2015, 05:31 AM
i didn't buy this bundle. Not because it felt like cheating, but because it still wasn't enough of a value for me to justify giving this company $40. The fact that they hide behind a locked thread in which they call their customers cheaters for buying gold that they put out there shows again, how little they care about their customers. To add insult to injury they are going to give everyone what Gree thinks is a fair amount of gold??? That's not how a reputable company does business. If you are going to take back gold then you have to take it all back and refund all of their money. You can't arbitrarily decide what someone should spend their money on. This is just giving people ammunition to seek other recourse. And before any pretend lawyers jump into this thread, people are completely justified for any action they take to rectify this poor decision by Gree. EVJ brings up some very valid points and they only fair way to rectify Gree's incompetence would be to reset the game to before the war and not use this as an excuse to scan people out of their money.

Nighteg
12-19-2015, 05:38 AM
You really expect a response from gree?

evj
12-19-2015, 05:43 AM
You really expect a response from gree?

Yes I do. This is a very serious incident and many sitting on the fence waiting for Gree's response, it would be a disaster if they don't.

HavingFun
12-19-2015, 05:46 AM
They won't answer until after battles are over, IF then.

Gungho
12-19-2015, 05:53 AM
I'm seeing a lot of players who had a blast using a lot of gold in a very few hours, that's probably the most fun the had in years playing Crime City, so not only bad things coming out of terrible mistakes.

However it will be interresting to see how GREE will possible roll back all actions made with the cheapest gold in history, completing scratcher events, LTQs, buying buildings, upgrading them, buying crates, open boxes, donating materials to syndicates who then upgrade the base.... Very interresting it will be, but my thoughts says the ones who spend gold competing the last many weeks, will be pretty disappointed they could have spend this little. If you think the accomplish disaster was bad, it has just been topped. Merry Xmas.

wythme
12-19-2015, 05:57 AM
I agree with op. Gree needs to answer and answer fast. This is a violation of so many consumer protection laws...by gree actually placing the golden the accounts of those that spend real money, they completed a sales transaction. Which is legal and binding with proof of receipt.

namedud
12-19-2015, 05:58 AM
Remember when they released crates and the prices were incorrect at first? The same thing happened then with people taking advantage. Almost everyone who didn't, wished they had, because Funzio allowed it and then corrected the prices. The result was the ultra strong accounts that took advantage also gained the additional advantage of other accounts having to pay 300% more real dollars to catch up.

Funzio obviously had no clue how to handle such a screw up. What Gree is doing now sucks for everyone affected but is clearly what is best for the game for everyone.

So quit your crying and read the sticky post. Your account will be back with everything you actually paid for after Gree fixes their mistake. This is the kind of service people have been begging for from Gree for years, don't yell at them for it now that they at least look like they're trying.

crime cow
12-19-2015, 06:10 AM
I read the sticky note. In fact, I referenced it in my post above. Reading comprehension is your friend. People paid for 2,000,000 bars of gold. They did not pay for an arbitrary number as determined by Gree. What about the other issues the OP raised? Just bury your head in the sand and pretend they don't exist? You should consider applying for a job with Gree. You'd fit right in.

Bad Fish
12-19-2015, 06:18 AM
How about the person using an IOS in my syn that did NOT purchase the "cheater bundle" but has been locked out since the ban hammer came down? He is a paying customer so what would be fair compensation for him?

sister morphine
12-19-2015, 06:21 AM
I read the sticky note. In fact, I referenced it in my post above. Reading comprehension is your friend. People paid for 2,000,000 bars of gold. They did not pay for an arbitrary number as determined by Gree. What about the other issues the OP raised? Just bury your head in the sand and pretend they don't exist? You should consider applying for a job with Gree. You'd fit right in.
The last time some players got a huge quantity of gold they weren't entitled to, Gree took it back very quick. Those players who'd used it up if I remember right were deemed to owe the company for what they'd used. As I wasn't one of them I don't know how that panned out, but would you prefer that solution to it being taken back?

Blocking the accounts was a wrong decision no doubt, but allowing those players to blast through 2,000,000 gold when they'd only paid for what, 800 bars or whatever that bundle would normally give you, would be a bad outcome against all other players who are vastly in the majority. I can only guess that blocking gold use by those accounts until the situation was rectified was not possible.

Spunk
12-19-2015, 06:29 AM
It's certainly not a correct practice to simply replace the erroneous bundles with the contents that the bundle should have contained. A full refund and take the gold away - fine. But to simply assume that people would have bought the packs anyway is obviously incorrect and a bait and switch at best. For all we know as customers it's simply a shady business practice and a deliberate error. Who knows.

sfun
12-19-2015, 06:34 AM
Amount was 1000 gold. The 2m was most likely cc cash and not gold. The right move was to shut down the game, cause now this war is a joke. And the threat of banning players that took advantage of the bundle pack is even a bigger joke. Doing that and most of your gold spenders are gone. And you dont want that Gree now do ya?

montecore
12-19-2015, 06:35 AM
The last time some players got a huge quantity of gold they weren't entitled to, Gree took it back very quick. Those players who'd used it up if I remember right were deemed to owe the company for what they'd used. As I wasn't one of them I don't know how that panned out, but would you prefer that solution to it being taken back?

Blocking the accounts was a wrong decision no doubt, but allowing those players to blast through 2,000,000 gold when they'd only paid for what, 800 bars or whatever that bundle would normally give you, would be a bad outcome against all other players who are vastly in the majority. I can only guess that blocking gold use by those accounts until the situation was rectified was not possible.

Big difference: that was when gree accidentally gave too much bonus gold to people. This was a legally binding purchase. Gree chose to sell that much gold for 39.99, and players chose to buy it.

Winnson
12-19-2015, 06:56 AM
It will be tough to top this blunder, but I'm sure Gree will find a way.

What a clown show.

Gungho
12-19-2015, 06:57 AM
Yes war should have been cancelled for everyone, servers stopped, so no one could log in. But for anyone to believe that getting 2mill gold for $50 would be perfectly all right and not an error, are out of their minds, it puts everyone to dust who spend big this year, so of course the ones buying were in bad faith. Had it been 5-10k it would be plausible that it wasn't a mistake, but 2mill... C'mon.

Evan1000
12-19-2015, 07:18 AM
Amount was 1000 gold. The 2m was most likely cc cash and not gold. The right move was to shut down the game, cause now this war is a joke. And the threat of banning players that took advantage of the bundle pack is even a bigger joke. Doing that and most of your gold spenders are gone. And you dont want that Gree now do ya?

^this. No one truly believes GREE meant to give people 2 million gold. Legally binding purchase or not the GREE TOS pretty much states "we can do whatever the hell we want with the virtual currency you buy from us."

Now GREE could've handled this situation much better than they did. Reverse the transaction of every single player who purchased the bundles, refund everyone, post an apology, and release a new mistake-free bundle. Instead, they ban *most* of the people who bought the bundle, and post a threat to those players not to abuse their mess ups again or it will result in a permanent ban. This is not the best way for a company to handle a situation like this.

I'm going to take a wild guess as to why they did what they did which would be to not have to refund everybody their $40, because for most people they just bought gold because of the 2 million gold and if they refunded them they wouldn't see that $40 again. And that doesn't say a lot of good things about a company.

Dipstik
12-19-2015, 07:34 AM
In case anyone's actually curious, I don't think there's any law that says a company has to honor a purchase when the price was genuinely listed in error. It's complicated, especially in situations (like this) where the purchase was actually allowed to go THROUGH, but no, they're not going to be required to utterly screw up their game to honor a listing error.

Personally, I'd just let everyone have their fun for a week, then declare the game broken and start over. Wipe everyone's stats, and try to actually have a plan for the second go-around.

Edit: US law. Europe is so messed up I have no idea what goes on over there.

LüK€¥
12-19-2015, 08:27 AM
Why does GREE not just close down? Makes the most sense, no?

kimberleyj
12-19-2015, 08:28 AM
In case anyone's actually curious, I don't think there's any law that says a company has to honor a purchase when the price was genuinely listed in error. It's complicated, especially in situations (like this) where the purchase was actually allowed to go THROUGH, but no, they're not going to be required to utterly screw up their game to honor a listing error.

Personally, I'd just let everyone have their fun for a week, then declare the game broken and start over. Wipe everyone's stats, and try to actually have a plan for the second go-around.

Edit: US law. Europe is so messed up I have no idea what goes on over there.
In the UK the is a buyers and sellers agreement. when a buyer buys somethink at a certain price they have entered a contract with the seller on that agreed price, doing what they are doing they have broken their side of the contract,For example if you go in to the shop and the is the wrong offer up next to the product saying half price £1 babybell cheese and they forgot to take it down and a customer goes to the til and it was a different price they have to sell you that product to you at the price they advertise unless it stats an end date on the offer label. It is classed as false adverising.

montecore
12-19-2015, 08:30 AM
Yes war should have been cancelled for everyone, servers stopped, so no one could log in. But for anyone to believe that getting 2mill gold for $50 would be perfectly all right and not an error, are out of their minds, it puts everyone to dust who spend big this year, so of course the ones buying were in bad faith. Had it been 5-10k it would be plausible that it wasn't a mistake, but 2mill... C'mon.

Right, because Gree doesn't have a history of making bad decisions that upset their top spenders. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Spunk
12-19-2015, 08:35 AM
In the UK the is a buyers and sellers agreement. when a buyer buys somethink at a certain price they have entered a contract with the seller on that agreed price, doing what they are doing they have broken their side of the contract,For example if you go in to the shop and the is the wrong offer up next to the product saying half price £1 babybell cheese and they forgot to take it down and a customer goes to the til and it was a different price they have to sell you that product to you at the price they advertise unless it stats an end date on the offer label. It is classed as false adverising.

That's actually not correct. It's a common misconception. Under UK contract law a price on an item of goods is simply "an invitation to treat". In strict legal terms it is you that makes the offer by offering to buy the product with your money. A shopkeeper who has mistakenly priced a product too cheaply is therefore not obliged to sell at that price (although for a cheese costing a quid most would no doubt honour it). However as has already been mentioned, the legal situation is maybe more complex here as the deal has already gone through.

kimberleyj
12-19-2015, 08:39 AM
That's actually not correct. It's a common misconception. Under UK contract law a price on an item of goods is simply "an invitation to treat". In strict legal terms it is you that makes the offer by offering to buy the product with your money. A shopkeeper who has mistakenly priced a product too cheaply is therefore not obliged to sell at that price (although for a cheese costing a quid most would no doubt honour it). However as has already been mentioned, the legal situation is maybe more complex here as the deal has already gone through.
I guess my book of law is wrong then ��. Also when ever i go to the shops i bring this infomation to light and the shops do honor the offer price. Anyways gree needs to get it's act together , telling customers they are in the wrong when it was their error, what a joke. I could understand if all these players had hacked the game but it wasn't it was due to an error on their part, maybe they need to get new staff seen as their seem to be alot of errors and bugs in this game.

Spunk
12-19-2015, 08:43 AM
I suspect most people working in shops are not too clued up on the finer points of law, plus they won't want the hassle for piddling amounts.

Spunk
12-19-2015, 08:46 AM
It would certainly be nice to get some news on when we will be un-banned

Dipstik
12-19-2015, 09:02 AM
Most people would just honor the price for those who came in and fix it as soon as the mistake came to light if we were talking about small item. Suck it up and lose the $20 to keep a customer happy. This is actually a very complicated question because the sale already went through and a product was delivered. The next question is whether an automatically processed purchase is the same as if there was a meeting of the minds with a real person who honored the mistakenly posted sale price. Then there's the ultimate question of whether a company is required to absolutely destroy its product to honor an obvious mistake, which is what would happen here if a few people were permitted to keep a game-warping amount of gold.

It's a mess.

POW!
12-19-2015, 09:07 AM
I saw it. I didnt buy it because I knew what would follow and didnt want to get mixed up in it. Retail law is different from online law, in a store you have physical mechanical transactions. Online there are automatic transactions. Meaning that there is no one to review the individual transaction prior to agreement. In e-commerce the contract is the terms of service agreement. You agree to the terms of service prior to account creation for transactions. Thats your legally binding contract. So the answers are in the terms of service that were agreed upon prior to account creation. Is there language in the TOS that allows the site to reserve the right to freeze, cancel, edit, refund, etc?

There is also unilateral mistake of fact. And this is whats most important. Was there an error, that one party involved in the transaction was not aware of? Was the error unconscionable? Meaning was it reasonable to assume it was a mistake?

Please respectfully understand I do not know the TOS. I agreed to them but never read them. Im not trying to takes sides or create an argument. Im simply stating some facts as I understand them. That way you can take them, and see how it applies to your situation. And properly focus your energy and efforts to combat this. You may find you have no legal grounds. But that does not limit your ability to protest.

sfun
12-19-2015, 09:10 AM
It's a mess.

It most certainly is.

More shocking how silent Gree is now. A massive screw up that has affected many players and syndicates. Only word by them it is our fault and not theirs. Also hearing Gree hasnt learned from their misstakes and scratcher prizes where short time available in store. Gree will never learn it is a neverending cycle.

Timala
12-19-2015, 09:20 AM
I would appreciate some answers from Gree. With the leader board showing the banned acts ip there is no point going for indy placement.

(I know there won't be any, so not holding my breath.)

crime cow
12-19-2015, 09:41 AM
I saw it. I didnt buy it because I knew what would follow and didnt want to get mixed up in it. Retail law is different from online law, in a store you have physical mechanical transactions. Online there are automatic transactions. Meaning that there is no one to review the individual transaction prior to agreement. In e-commerce the contract is the terms of service agreement. You agree to the terms of service prior to account creation for transactions. Thats your legally binding contract. So the answers are in the terms of service that were agreed upon prior to account creation. Is there language in the TOS that allows the site to reserve the right to freeze, cancel, edit, refund, etc?

There is also unilateral mistake of fact. And this is whats most important. Was there an error, that one party involved in the transaction was not aware of? Was the error unconscionable? Meaning was it reasonable to assume it was a mistake?

Please respectfully understand I do not know the TOS. I agreed to them but never read them. Im not trying to takes sides or create an argument. Im simply stating some facts as I understand them. That way you can take them, and see how it applies to your situation. And properly focus your energy and efforts to combat this. You may find you have no legal grounds. But that does not limit your ability to protest.

Do we actually have someone on the forum with some real legal training? Good to know. Question: how would this differ from airlines posting fares at a reduced price in error, which they then have to honor for everyone who buys tickets before they fix their error?

Winnson
12-19-2015, 09:42 AM
Not a thing from Gree except that locked thread that says 'shame on you players to have the audacity to buy a bundle from us when we offered too much gold! Your accounts have been locked (in the middle of a war) and you will be investigated!'

So Gree effectively alienated their gold purchasing userbase. All free players will be unaffected and are fine, and can beat the gold spenders now because their stats are worthless while their accounts are banned.

You could not write a sitcom this good. Just when you think Gree can't do anything more ridiculous, they blow you away.

I freaking love it, and look forward to what they have in store for us! Weeeeeeee!

For Dippy:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c6/b5/08/c6b508fcc19c9ac3bde3e326a515ebc2.gif

evj
12-19-2015, 10:44 AM
Yes I do. This is a very serious incident and many sitting on the fence waiting for Gree's response, it would be a disaster if they don't.

So, they fixed the bundles in 10 minutes, banned many of their customers and went home for the weekend knowing it would creating a **** storm of angry players and customers.

It show their care.....

I only have one word for it: Arrogant

Gree, I take your silent point. Merry Christmas to you all

Winnson
12-19-2015, 10:53 AM
Oh yeah, Gree wipes their ass with us. They have not made that a secret in a long long time.

If you cared even the least little bit, it would be impossible to screw up this much.

But nope, not even close baby.

I can't wait to see what they have in store. At this point, I'm sure I will be blown away at least 5 more times before the game goes belly up.

Gree never ceases to amaze, and it's just fascinating!

Asymmetric
12-19-2015, 10:54 AM
Not a thing from Gree except that locked thread that says 'shame on you players to have the audacity to buy a bundle from us when we offered too much gold! Your accounts have been locked (in the middle of a war) and you will be investigated!'

So Gree effectively alienated their gold purchasing userbase. All free players will be unaffected and are fine, and can beat the gold spenders now because their stats are worthless while their accounts are banned.

You could not write a sitcom this good. Just when you think Gree can't do anything more ridiculous, they blow you away.

I freaking love it, and look forward to what they have in store for us! Weeeeeeee!

For Dippy:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c6/b5/08/c6b508fcc19c9ac3bde3e326a515ebc2.gif
Not only that, but they didn't own their mistake and actually accused you of cheating. Are you all just going to accept that?

Gungho
12-19-2015, 11:25 AM
Update:

We are continuing to work on this issue to resolve it as soon as possible. We do not have a precise estimate on the remaining time, however our current expectation is that we will be able to unlock these accounts today. We are not planning on waiting until the end of the event unless unexpected technical limitations prevent us from resolving it sooner.

Regarding points scored and leaderboard standings, we will ensure that no player or syndicate is unfairly disadvantaged by points scored using this glitch. For example if you finish in 100th place but would have finished in 50th place were it not for points other players scored using this glitch you will be awarded the prizes for 50th place after the event. This will be done after the end of the event, and may take place after the normal event of event rewarding.

Once again we thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this.

^^^above update from GREE. Not very clear, and doesn't seem like they are taking away points, so how do you know exactly where you end up? How do you know which players have used the cheap gold? I smell more trouble here.. OMG

PrHarry
12-19-2015, 11:32 AM
I always finish top 500 but haven't bothered this time as so many people got a jump on me. Maybe I would've pushed for 1st. How would gree even know?

evj
12-19-2015, 12:03 PM
Not only that, but they didn't own their mistake and actually accused you of cheating. Are you all just going to accept that?

Thats prolly the worst. They did a fault that shouldnt happen, the programmer made a mistake, the QA didnt checked it and it wasnt checked in game as soon as it was live.

Hey, its the customers fault! Cheaters! Glitchers! Liars! Why do we even care to make this game for you?

Many have called me out as cheater cuz they dont know how the game is played properly, some just like to spread rumors cuz their frustrated, some are just not better etc etc. I ignore them, winning a discussion with intelligent peeps are hard, winning discussions with stupids are impossible.

But this is different, they said I did cheat cuz I bought a couple of bundlepacks. I bought 2, 4m gold, had 44k on hand up front and had 4m and 43k when They banned me and said I cheat.

Im a honest, hard working man, against cheating in every perspective of my life. I raise my children to be honest and good citizens and now a compamy without morale and who refuse to take responsibility of their own action, try to cover them self by calling me a cheater?? Attacking my name, reputation, person and rolemodell as dad???

Gree, you have messed with the wrong guy this time.

Dipstik
12-19-2015, 12:08 PM
You've got to admit you knew it was a mistake when you bought it.

montecore
12-19-2015, 12:13 PM
You've got to admit you knew it was a mistake when you bought it.

what difference would it make?

wythme
12-19-2015, 12:22 PM
Gree needs to own their mistake and stop blaming the players!!! Blame the programmer that screwed up. I would have more respect for this company if they said, hey we made a mistake, we are removing the gold. Case closed!! They are still allowing others to benefit from their mistake. The war is still going on, people are spending gold to attack other players that they have no hope in beating if those accounts weren't banned. What are you going to do about that gree??? You have banned players because they had an unfair advantage. Because of those actions, you have given others an unfair advantage. How do you fix it?? Shut the war down, reset the game, and have a do over. That is the only way to settle this fairly.

Winnson
12-19-2015, 12:37 PM

And then locked the thread! You shut up you dirty person that spent real money on the game and glitched us because we threw up retarded stuff! Your account is locked buster!

This forum should have a direct link to The Onion, but it doesn't. This is really what's happening.

I don't see how Gree can beat this one, but somehow, some way, I'm sure they will.

They never cease to amaze, and that is awesome.

Winnson
12-19-2015, 12:42 PM
If this has taught anyone anything, I hope it teaches everyone that spending real money on this game can get you banned. You buy the wrong bundle with real money that's the best deal, you can kiss your account good bye.

Merry Christmas!

Dipstik
12-19-2015, 12:47 PM
what difference would it make?

Spoken like a true SAShole!

Winnson
12-19-2015, 12:52 PM
What does everyone want for Christmas?

How about we talk about that until the gold spenders get their accounts back?

LOL!

I want peace on Earth! Aim high!

Dipstik
12-19-2015, 01:55 PM
I already got it. Thank you, Santa!

crime cow
12-19-2015, 02:21 PM
Spoken like a true SAShole!

Trying to insult someone smarter than you doesn't make you look any better...

Captain Torgue
12-19-2015, 02:28 PM
Trying to insult someone smarter than you doesn't make you look any better...

Montecore is a used Hyundai salesman.

Dipstick is a lawyer.

I'll let you figure out for yourself which of the two is more intelligent.

crime cow
12-19-2015, 02:39 PM
What does everyone want for Christmas?

How about we talk about that until the gold spenders get their accounts back?

LOL!

I want peace on Earth! Aim high!

I just want all the presidential candidates to stay in the race, because the drama is getting good!

Greeny1
12-19-2015, 03:07 PM
On the lighter side of it all, was the best 2 hours of playing this game ever!!!!!
Yes we all cheated the game by buying something they offered for sale.....oh wait,no we didn't! I was hoping for a permanent ban as we all broke the rules, but that would then end the game banning those who bought gold! Simply reset it, only way to be fair to all. If they don't then everyone will have a good claim for refunds.

Keapa
12-19-2015, 03:43 PM
So people bought gold, admittedly it was an exceptionally good offer.
Gree has let other programming errors stand eg: running the wrong prize script for 12 hours in a box event, where some players doubled their stats during that time, and Gree allowed those players to keep playing.
So even though the gold sale was to good to be true, players would have been foolish to assume Gree would do anything, it would depend on how many bought that bundle. Plus if one bought others needed to also buy just to keep up
Sigh.... I wish I had, I would have had the best gold spending fun ever, and getting banned BONUS. Get to have a tap free weekend

Captain Torgue
12-19-2015, 04:31 PM
So people bought gold, admittedly it was an exceptionally good offer.
Gree has let other programming errors stand eg: running the wrong prize script for 12 hours in a box event, where some players doubled their stats during that time, and Gree allowed those players to keep playing.
So even though the gold sale was to good to be true, players would have been foolish to assume Gree would do anything, it would depend on how many bought that bundle. Plus if one bought others needed to also buy just to keep up
Sigh.... I wish I had, I would have had the best gold spending fun ever, and getting banned BONUS. Get to have a tap free weekend

Cheating is nothing to brag about!

Dctrbar
12-19-2015, 04:42 PM
I feel for those who hace gotten banned for this error. I completely agree with the points raised. My problem is quite differfent however; I paid for two $79.99 gold packs at start of the event. Paid for the first, received 2750 gold, immediately paid for the second, and had 2750 gold removed from my account and the packs disappeared. I have sent Gree 3 emails and have not had any response. Charges immediately posted to my credit card however, which i have now disputed with american express and reported Gree for fraud. I have had it with their **** and this may be the last straw.

riri112
12-19-2015, 05:16 PM
I feel for those who hace gotten banned for this error. I completely agree with the points raised. My problem is quite differfent however; I paid for two $79.99 gold packs at start of the event. Paid for the first, received 2750 gold, immediately paid for the second, and had 2750 gold removed from my account and the packs disappeared. I have sent Gree 3 emails and have not had any response. Charges immediately posted to my credit card however, which i have now disputed with american express and reported Gree for fraud. I have had it with their **** and this may be the last straw.

According to the two trolls, that would be cheating. You got too much gold for your purchase. You typically get 1500-1850 for that purchase price. That bundle was 2,750 so you should not have bought it because it was cheating in the eyes of Gree, Dip, and Grim.

There is no difference between an extra 1,000 in gold and extra 2m; IMHO. How can one differentiate?

riri112
12-19-2015, 05:18 PM

Trolls gonna troll!

Keapa
12-19-2015, 05:43 PM

Who is bragging ?

montecore
12-19-2015, 05:46 PM
Who is bragging ?

Who is cheating?

Dipstik
12-19-2015, 06:03 PM
No one now.

riri112
12-19-2015, 06:25 PM
Who is cheating?

Who is trolling?

riri112
12-19-2015, 06:26 PM
No one now.

Oh, there is our answer!

doctormojo
12-19-2015, 07:11 PM
Oh my God, Grim give it a rest, you're just not funny anymore, it's like you're not even trying.

This situation is too damn funny! I am very sorry I missed watching the fun all unfold live, because this is just too rich lol! Even if I had seen the erroneously priced bundle packs, I still wouldn't have bought them, though, not because of any moral issues but because I'm never giving this company another dime, even if they were offering unlimited gold. The fact that they have the audacity to turn this around on the players like they're at fault, and to punish them, and then threaten them with further punishment, I mean lmfao it's like something out of a satire. Also you've gotta love how quickly they respond to this, whereas issues that disadvantage their players take weeks to even get looked at. Just amazing.

Gree, you're terrible and I can't wait to watch you go under whenever that day finally comes. You're morally reprehensible and anyone who ever gives you another cent ought to have their head examined.

General Dudus
12-19-2015, 07:29 PM
Actually tier 1 bundle is 2750 gold same as the botched first advertised bundle people got banned from buying that first time around, also if that account was opened at time of being banned your are unable to access other accounts on same game centre.

sfun
12-20-2015, 04:34 AM
So in the second update from our Gree finest here is there statement

"These accounts have been restored to the state immediately before purchases of this bundle were made"

This is false and complete bull**** cause it hasnt. Could any of the development team comment on that? Thank you.

Winnson
12-20-2015, 05:50 AM
I look forward to that response from Gree. Let's all hold our breaths and wait for it.

doctormojo
12-20-2015, 09:22 AM
Lol so Rodimus has time to come in and edit "offensive language" out of my post but doesn't have time to comment.

Dipstik
12-20-2015, 09:28 AM
What would rodimus say? Aside from posting in a different color and being willing to prostitute himself for some greegeld, he's just like you.

montecore
12-20-2015, 11:40 AM
What would rodimus say? Aside from posting in a different color and being willing to prostitute himself for some greegeld, he's just like you.

Please don't name and shame Rodimus. it makes him very butthurt.

Dipstik
12-20-2015, 11:41 AM
Shaming? If he's ashamed of it, it's news to me.

F@st
12-20-2015, 02:02 PM
U miss a question : what about ' ip take with that gold ?
I dont spend one gold me on this war when i see they have remove gold and cash but not ip. There is a problem and maybe impossible to remove that to many work and a script screw all game. Standing out of war was the best way.

Dipstik
12-20-2015, 02:07 PM
I'm pretty sure f@st is mistaken about how they're dealing with cheaters' ip this war, but it's hard to tell...

F@st
12-20-2015, 02:14 PM
I'm pretty sure f@st is mistaken about how they're dealing with cheaters' ip this war, but it's hard to tell...

Excatly lol.

crime cow
12-20-2015, 03:05 PM
But, the way Gree handled this epic failure, have made me go to the think box. As I posted here earlier about calling everyone who bought an announced, legaly bought bundle pack for cheaters and glitchers, is below the line and morally unbelievable.

Also their missing precense here says a lot about their care for those who pays their bills and salaries.

SAS is back on top of the leaderboard. I'd say no one there is too upset.

Greeny1
12-20-2015, 03:47 PM
This has to be the end of this game..
Those who bought the gold are annoyed at not keeping it so will most likely stop buying after Gree labelled them cheats
Those who didn't buy gold get shafted by lower ranks in battle (Gree will not sort it out, clearly impossible otherwise they would have removed points already)
Those who bought other gold spent more to rank higher....
It's a balls up beyond the realms so far.
Game over

Idiosyncrasy
12-20-2015, 04:49 PM
This has to be the end of this game..
Those who bought the gold are annoyed at not keeping it so will most likely stop buying after Gree labelled them cheats
Those who didn't buy gold get shafted by lower ranks in battle (Gree will not sort it out, clearly impossible otherwise they would have removed points already)
Those who bought other gold spent more to rank higher....
It's a balls up beyond the realms so far.
Game over

If dignity is what keeps the top spenders spending, and gree ousting them as cheaters is enough to make them quit, then they would have stopped spending a long time ago once they realized how much they wasted on this game, which of course was designed with a life cycle in mind. By now, they're too "invested" to quit anyway. This game will never end.

Asymmetric
12-20-2015, 08:10 PM
There is absolutely no way that Gree can track how all of that gold was used in the game, so the "that's not fair" whiners will not ever let this rest, no matter what Gree does. The usual suspects have more than enough whine fuel for months/years to come. If you were tired of all the insipid "What about the accomplices" posts, just hang on. This will blow that out of the water.

Dipstik
12-20-2015, 08:41 PM
The whiners so far are the ones who bought it, not people saying GREE needs to undo it.

Heapsofblue
12-20-2015, 11:31 PM
The whiners so far are the ones who bought it, not people saying GREE needs to undo it.

I purchased in good faith and trust me I'm not moaning.

Rodimus
12-21-2015, 01:05 PM
There is absolutely no way that Gree can track how all of that gold was used in the game

I beg to differ, sir. Sure, GREE can track those who purchased the gold through their database server. Activity is saved in their database and can be queried when a player purchases anything even the "glitch gold".

Dipstik
12-21-2015, 01:22 PM
I purchased in good faith and trust me I'm not moaning.

Then I wasn't talking about you. I said the ones who are whining were the ones who bought it, not that everyone who bought it is whining.

Asymmetric
12-21-2015, 01:40 PM
I beg to differ, sir. Sure, GREE can track those who purchased the gold through their database server. Activity is saved in their database and can be queried when a player purchases anything even the "glitch gold".

We shall see, sir. You have vastly more confidence in Gree's abilities to make things right than others do. Their track record is not good.

Greeny1
12-21-2015, 02:24 PM

If this was the case then why do they keep telling players who didn't get the new bonus powers from boxes that they did? Not in inventory and not in syndicate donation tab. If they donated elsewhere then surely that can be tracked aswell? Instead they simply say 'you had the award and donated it'.

And on another point, why did Gree find it necessary to empty in game bank vaults of cash accumulated over a long period of time. Are they going to re-imburse those players for the cost at which they are selling it?

F@st
12-21-2015, 02:39 PM
New entrance in top ten : eastsiders and swaffle house

Never see these on top last 4 years lol...good job guys good jump.

Rodimus
12-21-2015, 08:08 PM
Shaming? If he's ashamed of it, it's news to me.

No, not ashamed in the least, Dips.

sfun
12-22-2015, 02:13 AM

Glitch gold???? I didnt glitch anything sir. I bought the bundle that you put up for sale. That you guys made a misstake in your coding thats not my problem now is it?

Trust me Gree can do nothing. They have randomly removed some items and mods, but im 100% confident they will not fix the infected LB.

Dipstik
12-22-2015, 05:09 AM
Glitch gold???? I didnt glitch anything sir. I bought the bundle that you put up for sale. That you guys made a misstake in your coding thats not my problem now is it?

You DO know what a glitch is, right?

TMI
12-22-2015, 05:27 AM

Trust me Gree can do nothing. They have randomly removed some items and mods, but im 100% confident they will not fix the infected LB.

Well thank goodness there's someone on the leaderboard that is pointing out that the ppl above him used the bundle gold.

That should help GREE out.

sfun
12-22-2015, 06:37 AM
You DO know what a glitch is, right?

Yeah i do. And im sure you know why Gree wants us to believe this is glitch

That should help GREE out.

They need it.

Chris Boa
12-22-2015, 08:06 AM

Maybe they changed their name from something else

crime cow
12-22-2015, 09:28 AM

So I guess it was a 'glitch' when Steve Harvey awarded the crown to someone else? At least Miss Universe did the right thing and stopped the show and corrected their mistake.

If Gree and the 'poor me' players of the forum are successful in redefining the word glitch to include examples such as buying gold from the store, than they can put the blame on the players and try to justify their actions. A reasonable person would know that this is not even remotely considered a glitch and Gree should own up to their mistakes and refund the money to everyone that was scammed by this bait and switch (I did not buy any gold). They should have stopped the game at the time to make a proper fix, but they didn't do that and there's no way they could now. Bottom line: We have to live with the fact that some players and syndicates got a boost from this mistake, but Gree should take back the items that were in this package and refund the full purchase price. I don't think they'll be able to fix all the other errors they created by not doing a clean fix right away...

Dipstik
12-22-2015, 10:34 AM

They need it.

You admitted its a glitch in the post I quoted.

sister morphine
12-22-2015, 03:20 PM
So I guess it was a 'glitch' when Steve Harvey awarded the crown to someone else? At least Miss Universe did the right thing and stopped the show and corrected their mistake.

If Gree and the 'poor me' players of the forum are successful in redefining the word glitch to include examples such as buying gold from the store, than they can put the blame on the players and try to justify their actions. A reasonable person would know that this is not even remotely considered a glitch and Gree should own up to their mistakes and refund the money to everyone that was scammed by this bait and switch (I did not buy any gold). They should have stopped the game at the time to make a proper fix, but they didn't do that and there's no way they could now. Bottom line: We have to live with the fact that some players and syndicates got a boost from this mistake, but Gree should take back the items that were in this package and refund the full purchase price. I don't think they'll be able to fix all the other errors they created by not doing a clean fix right away...
So you're saying that because a handful of players (as a proportion of the whole) spent money on something they must have realised was a colossal snafu - I defy any reasonable person would think this was legit; in no way was it just "buying gold from the store"- then it should either have been allowed to stand (giving those players a massive, massive advantage) or the entire game should have been stopped so as not to upset the people whose actions would have been the cause of the game being shut down in that event. Lol.

Once more we see the sense of entitlement some have; how dare they stop me from getting my normal placing in indie rank. News flash: the game isn't run according to any individual player's desires. Time to move on.

crime cow
12-22-2015, 07:44 PM
So you're saying that because a handful of players (as a proportion of the whole) spent money on something they must have realised was a colossal snafu - I defy any reasonable person would think this was legit; in no way was it just "buying gold from the store"- then it should either have been allowed to stand (giving those players a massive, massive advantage) or the entire game should have been stopped so as not to upset the people whose actions would have been the cause of the game being shut down in that event. Lol.

Once more we see the sense of entitlement some have; how dare they stop me from getting my normal placing in indie rank. News flash: the game isn't run according to any individual player's desires. Time to move on.

You okay? Normally you make a lot more sense than this...

My approach: Since Gree knew about this error shortly after it was released, they should have taken the game down for maintenance, fixed the error and pulled back all the items from the package in question and refunded the player's money (or at least instruct customer service to take this approach for anyone who asked).

Your approach: you agree with the way Gree handled this, which was to ban some players right away, which then put their syndicates in a disadvantage during battles. Other players that bought the package in question were not banned until hours later and were allowed to keep their stat gains and the items they gained for their syndicates, which allowed them to buy more bonuses. In addition, Gree pulled back the gold in question (as well as all the cash in their banks and the current LTB's in some cases for whatever reason), and replace it with a quantity of gold they felt was fair without giving the players any option for a refund.

Since I didn't buy the gold and I'm not in a top syndicate (only a couple players in our syn bought this package as the rest of us play gold free) the impact on my game was minimal. However, I think it's crazy how Some people are trying to call these players cheaters when all they did was push the 'buy' button. Since you're okay with Gree's approach I guess you benefitted from this error either by buying the gold yourself or being in a syndicate that benefitted from these purchases. It's okay if you feel entitled to keep these items. It doesn't make you a bad person.

Keapa
12-22-2015, 07:55 PM
While we wait for Gree to post a message saying that they are working on unbanning players.
There must be a glitch in the system preventing the unfreezing of those accounts.
But, if it goes on for too long and the players say sod it. I am over it. Does that mean they are then exploiting a glitch in the system and according to the new rule are in danger of being permanently banned ?

bdub
12-22-2015, 08:02 PM
while we wait for gree to post a message saying that they are working on unbanning players.
There must be a glitch in the system preventing the unfreezing of those accounts.
But, if it goes on for too long and the players say sod it. I am over it. Does that mean they are then exploiting a glitch in the system and according to the new rule are in danger of being permanently banned ?

our team member doc is still not unsuspended - fix this crap

bdub
12-22-2015, 08:03 PM
our team member doc is still not unsuspended - fix this crap

absolutely ****ing ridiculous gree - comeon now

bdub
12-22-2015, 08:03 PM
absolutely ****ing ridiculous gree - comeon now

holy ****amoly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bdub
12-22-2015, 08:05 PM
holy ****amoly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Multiple teammates submitted tickets......nothing - get off your asses and fix this for your most loyal players....dumbasses

namedud
12-22-2015, 09:53 PM
Multiple teammates submitted tickets......nothing - get off your asses and fix this for your most loyal players....dumbasses

Loyalty has little, if any, association wih quantity of dollars spent. Gree's "most loyal" players are the players who have been around since the beginning without ever quitting, taking a break or complaining about anything, and they may or may not have spent real money.

But clearly you are one of the elite and amazing 1%ers and knew that already.

sister morphine
12-23-2015, 12:51 AM
You okay? Normally you make a lot more sense than this...

My approach: Since Gree knew about this error shortly after it was released, they should have taken the game down for maintenance, fixed the error and pulled back all the items from the package in question and refunded the player's money (or at least instruct customer service to take this approach for anyone who asked).

Your approach: you agree with the way Gree handled this, which was to ban some players right away, which then put their syndicates in a disadvantage during battles. Other players that bought the package in question were not banned until hours later and were allowed to keep their stat gains and the items they gained for their syndicates, which allowed them to buy more bonuses. In addition, Gree pulled back the gold in question (as well as all the cash in their banks and the current LTB's in some cases for whatever reason), and replace it with a quantity of gold they felt was fair without giving the players any option for a refund.

Since I didn't buy the gold and I'm not in a top syndicate (only a couple players in our syn bought this package as the rest of us play gold free) the impact on my game was minimal. However, I think it's crazy how Some people are trying to call these players cheaters when all they did was push the 'buy' button. Since you're okay with Gree's approach I guess you benefitted from this error either by buying the gold yourself or being in a syndicate that benefitted from these purchases. It's okay if you feel entitled to keep these items. It doesn't make you a bad person.
I don't think banning the players concerned was a good thing, and said so earlier in this thread. Blocking the use of gold until the issue had been fixed would have been a better approach, assuming that is technically possible without taking the game down completely. But given how long it took to unban the majority of players would either have meant a seriously curtailed war or messing up the entire timetable for a cycle or longer.

If temporary bans were the least worst option, then so be it. As for those players who were able to exploit this for longer, that needs to be corrected too. If Gree need to retrospectively charge the cost of the excess gold to those players' accounts, which they have done before remember, that's that. Hopefully though, they can remove items obtained from the glitch gold instead.

The only other way to sort this out would be to give every player who didn't buy the bundle 2,000,000 free gold so they aren't placed at a disadvantage by it.

FWIW, I'm not a gold buyer either

F@st
12-23-2015, 07:16 AM

any news about IP these two teams do with that 2m Gold ?

they get top 10 and some real top 10 was screwed and get top or 20.

they get prize for top 10 ? or get erward for the rank they always do ?

i'm interresting to know that .

bdub
12-23-2015, 04:01 PM
any news about IP these two teams do with that 2m Gold ?

they get top 10 and some real top 10 was screwed and get top or 20.

they get prize for top 10 ? or get erward for the rank they always do ?

i'm interresting to know that .

All glitcher IP should be removed from syn and indiv total or grew will have a lawsuit in their hands

bdub
12-23-2015, 04:02 PM
Gree, not the mispell

Dipstik
12-23-2015, 04:16 PM
Venue? Cause of action? Damages?

crime cow
12-23-2015, 05:21 PM
A good attorney should be able to answer those questions on their own...

POW!
12-24-2015, 09:44 AM
They said in one of their updates that they would review leader boards and award the prizes teams and individuals would have gotten had it not been for the "glitch". Said it would happen after the events. We have not seen this yet. Both the battle and crate event were set back. Some of us used honestly purchased gold and have been expecting to be compensated as was promised.

Idiosyncrasy
12-24-2015, 10:38 AM
They said in one of their updates that they would review leader boards and award the prizes teams and individuals would have gotten had it not been for the "glitch". Said it would happen after the events. We have not seen this yet. Both the battle and crate event were set back. Some of us used honestly purchased gold and have been expecting to be compensated as was promised.

Compensated how? You got what you paid for.

POW!
12-24-2015, 10:49 AM
Compensated how? You got what you paid for.

They explained it in their update that can be seen at the top of this forum. 2nd post.

montecore
12-24-2015, 07:44 PM
All glitcher IP should be removed from syn and indiv total or grew will have a lawsuit in their hands

But then HTC blue would lose second.

Keapa
12-25-2015, 12:41 AM
why, and who would then take 2nd

sister morphine
12-25-2015, 12:45 AM
I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that courtroom when you tell the judge someone scored too much points on a phone app. :)

montecore
12-25-2015, 07:48 AM
why, and who would then take 2nd

well, they would have to remove all of the IP scored with the 2m gold from both teams. what was the final score? how much was scored with the gold on each?

LüK€¥
12-25-2015, 12:33 PM
I think the Munchies will dominate everything!!

Keapa
12-25-2015, 02:52 PM
well, they would have to remove all of the IP scored with the 2m gold from both teams. what was the final score? how much was scored with the gold on each?

What if, they were banned before they could score, but, still banned after others had the ban lifted, so Blue made 2nd whilst playing under extended restrictions ( as did a couple of other syndicates)
So there are no points to remove, I forget what promises Gree made about "adjustments after the event finishes"

montecore
12-25-2015, 08:55 PM
What if, they were banned before they could score, but, still banned after others had the ban lifted, so Blue made 2nd whilst playing under extended restrictions ( as did a couple of other syndicates)
So there are no points to remove, I forget what promises Gree made about "adjustments after the event finishes"

it really depends what those " adjustments" are. we could start by subtracting any IP scored by a player using the 2m gold on all top ten teams. after reviewing those rankings, the question is what further adjustments would they make. some of the 2m players would have scored about the same. some would have scored far less. and in the case of doc durden who never bought the 2m gold but is still banned, its safe to assume he would have scored more than he had.

I am sure the brilliant minds at gree have a fair and comprehensive solution planned, and we are all awaiting it anxiously.

Keapa
12-25-2015, 09:21 PM
Facts and truth. As we chat about this
Doc did buy the gold. But didn't get the opportunity to fight.
But
As other banned players came online again and could hit for their teams, Doc was overlooked by Gree.
Thus he created a negative balance or prevented from getting points.

montecore
12-25-2015, 09:37 PM
Facts and truth. As we chat about this
Doc did buy the gold. But didn't get the opportunity to fight.
But
As other banned players came online again and could hit for their teams, Doc was overlooked by Gree.
Thus he created a negative balance or prevented from getting points.

OK, I thought he didn't buy it at all. in any case that is the nebulus variable gree must figure out. what did they score, what would they have scored without the gold, what would they have scored without the ban, and ultimately what should their reflected IP score be?

Winnson
12-26-2015, 12:35 AM
I am sure they are working on that, right after they sort out the accomplice thing.

LüK€¥
12-29-2015, 02:11 AM
Technically the gold thing was not our fault, so we didn't cheat...

Chris Boa
12-29-2015, 07:36 AM
Technically the gold thing was not our fault, so we didn't cheat...

Not wishing to get bogged down with definitions of words and such but you did, whose fault it was isn't really relevant even if as in this case they made it easy

LüK€¥
12-29-2015, 07:51 AM
Not wishing to get bogged down with definitions of words and such but you did, whose fault it was isn't really relevant even if as in this case they made it easy

My friend, I didn't cheat as I don't buy gold, and GREE released the bundle with 2M gold, so ya...

Chris Boa
12-29-2015, 09:29 PM
My friend, I didn't cheat as I don't buy gold, and GREE released the bundle with 2M gold, so ya...

I didn't cheat either but I probably would've done if I'd known and yes gree mistakenly released a bundle with 2M gold which gave people the opportunity to gain an unfair advantage ergo cheat. Anyway as said let's not get bogged down on definitions.

Some one in my new team bought three of the 2M bundle packs, I couldn't help but admire that

LüK€¥
12-30-2015, 02:32 AM
There's nothing unfair about it, you bought it as you have money(even though you would know its too good to be true) or you didn't..

name
12-30-2015, 04:29 PM
I studied Dutch law for a few years, not too long ago, but I never finished it, because I realized I didn't want to become a lawyer, judge or anything like that.

There are several questions;
- Which law is applicable? You can know everything about Dutch law, but nothing about American law.
- At which court should this civil action suit be presented.
- What is the damage done to players, how do you evaluate that?
- Was it players own fault? Was it reasonable?

In Dutch law there is the rule of "redelijkheid en billijkheid" in a contract, which translates loosely to "reasonability and righteousness" (where righteousness should be explained as parties having the intent to make this type of contract with each other). This is probably also the case for most other "western civilizations". When going to court this will result in a weight measurement by a judge (which is a per case evaluation). A judge will always look at parties in this form: "What would/could expect a reasonable man from the contract". If the supermarket forgot to remove a label from the bread-basket saying it's 30 percent off this would ofcourse result in; The supermarket made an error, a reasonable man may expect that that bread is indeed 30 percent off, the reasonable man will get his wish. However, if I try to sell my house for a million, but accidentally the broker sells it for 10k, a judge will decide that it is an unreasonable price for the house and will declare the contract as invalid/never existed.

This will not be different in CC; 2million gold for €/$50 is unreasonable, a reasonable man should have known that. A judge will simply declare the contract as invalid, with good right; it would unbalance the game totally. If you push for your money back Gree will probably do exactly that.

I'm specifically saying here that I don't agree on the banning of players (although Gree probably has the right to do so by their TOS), and my suggestion to Gree would definitely be something like: Give the players who bought the gold 150% of the sum they should have gotten and say you're sorry.

Legally, I definitely wouldn't want to be the lawyer defending the players, he is going to have a really bad time.

Dipstik
12-30-2015, 04:42 PM
All kidding aside, the banning was to put a stop to the orgy of gold spending while they fixed it, not an attempt to punish "cheaters."

doctormojo
12-30-2015, 06:56 PM
All kidding aside, the banning was to put a stop to the orgy of gold spending while they fixed it, not an attempt to punish "cheaters."

Which actually legitimately sounds perfectly reasonable. Except for the last part of Milburn Pennybags post where he implied that the fact that they were taking no further punitive action against those who bought the gold was somehow gree being merciful, and threatened players who dare to continue to "cheat" with permanent bans...

Dipstik
12-30-2015, 07:26 PM
Oh, did he "imply" that? Grow a pair already.

LüK€¥
12-31-2015, 08:04 AM
You're actually quite right man!

F@st
12-31-2015, 08:20 AM
it really depends what those " adjustments" are. we could start by subtracting any IP scored by a player using the 2m gold on all top ten teams. after reviewing those rankings, the question is what further adjustments would they make. some of the 2m players would have scored about the same. some would have scored far less. and in the case of doc durden who never bought the 2m gold but is still banned, its safe to assume he would have scored more than he had.

I am sure the brilliant minds at gree have a fair and comprehensive solution planned, and we are all awaiting it anxiously.

i show u what the score are after this war, i get screen of team before and now, that not the same.

there is a 3m diff IP, not a little thing.

LüK€¥
12-31-2015, 08:42 AM

GREES got their self's in a while mess...

F@st
12-31-2015, 11:11 AM
Swafles houses top 33 at the moment when they are top 10 last war, eastsiders top 11, need a good spend for enter in top 10. Another team come for top 10 soon. No chance

Maybe wait another bundle, only chance

LüK€¥
12-31-2015, 11:12 AM
Swafles houses top 33 at the moment when they are top 10 last war, eastsiders top 11, need a good spend for enter in top 10. Another team come for top 10 soon. No chance

Maybe wait another bundle, only chance
Maybe its a conspiracy theory?

Dipstik
12-31-2015, 11:30 AM
I have no idea what f@st is talking about...

LüK€¥
12-31-2015, 12:01 PM
I have no idea what f@st is talking about...
I know!! So confusing. Can't understand him, poor grammar. Hurts my brain.

Bad Fish
12-31-2015, 12:12 PM
He's providing play by play cometary for you so enjoy 😊

LüK€¥
12-31-2015, 12:27 PM
He's providing play by play cometary for you so enjoy ��

lol, but we can read though...

Dipstik
01-01-2016, 11:28 AM
Speaking of banned accounts, can we get Baroness, Upsman, and Weasel back up in here?

It's a new year, and I doubt anyone in the current slate of moderators even knows who they are anymore... how about an amnesty?

LüK€¥
01-01-2016, 11:54 AM
Speaking of banned accounts, can we get Baroness, Upsman, and Weasel back up in here?

It's a new year, and I doubt anyone in the current slate of moderators even knows who they are anymore... how about an amnesty?
It seems fair. Bring back the beasts....

F@st
01-01-2016, 12:13 PM
I know!! So confusing. Can't understand him, poor grammar. Hurts my brain.

That What ppl say when they are short for fight me with word.

That strange i dont have any problem with other, only with guys who dont like me or get owned.

1nyway no bundle that back to normal spot. Swafle house have disapared of top dont have see in 200 and eastsiders get there place. 20.30 No need to put screen that just 3/4 vaults ip bh players last time for free.

Plan by gree dont have remove ip that just What I see. I dont have anything about these teams and players

LüK€¥
01-01-2016, 12:27 PM

That strange i dont have any problem with other, only with guys who dont like me or get owned.

1nyway no bundle that back to normal spot. Swafle house have disapared of top dont have see in 200 and eastsiders get there place. 20.30 No need to put screen that just 3/4 vaults ip bh players last time for free.

Plan by gree dont have remove ip that just What I see. I dont have anything about these teams and players

I agree what you say, and am not fighting.

crime cow
01-01-2016, 05:56 PM
It seems fair. Bring back the beasts....

I don't remember baroness or upsman so I'd say bring them back. However, I would hope by now they've found other things to occupy their time...

Dipstik
01-01-2016, 06:01 PM
I talk with them every day. Haven't seen weasel though.

xWolfSlayerx
01-01-2016, 06:11 PM

I agree with you.

montecore
01-01-2016, 06:38 PM

I have never seen you own anyone.

I believe the rest of your post is essentially stating that you have yet to see gree take any action regarding rankings two wars ago, right?

Captain Torgue
01-02-2016, 03:52 AM
I have never seen you own anyone.

I believe the rest of your post is essentially stating that you have yet to see gree take any action regarding rankings two wars ago, right?

Fast has pwned you on numerous occasions.

LüK€¥
01-02-2016, 08:06 AM

Dah dah dahhhhhh..... The Cap returns...

crime cow
01-02-2016, 09:14 AM

Screen shots or it didn't happen.

Red BD
01-02-2016, 03:17 PM
As someone said many, many posts ago, this is a mess. It's a combination Dynamite Bar Exam Question/Business Ethics Thing. (BTW Crime Cow, I am an actual lawyer and strongly suspect Dippy is as well based on many of his posts- not that it matters, but you asked).

Anyway, the way I look at this (if anyone cares) is that some low level code boy (or whatever they are called) screwed up. The "erroneous offer" went out. The vast majority of those seeing the bundle offer at issue would know it was a mistake. If they mistakenly did not understand it was a mistake, I guess it was what's known as a "mutual mistake of fact."
As I recall from Law School, the manner in which such is USUALLY rectified judicially is to essentially "call off the deal", and if there are damages that can't justly be erased by that, award them.

Of course I went to law school way before Al Bundy invented the Internet, so wtf do I know?

Now I must also admit that had I come across the offer I may have taken it- several times- but then as Mom once told me, "(I'm)horrible person." It would have been wrong to do so and I would have known that unless I was some relatively new player. Some SAS guy?? Give me a break.

So Gree did not handle a mistake which should never have been made in a perfect world. It was a major league screw up- but was their solution really unreasonable given the relative few who actually mistakenly benefited from the mistake? Even if they were SASers and other golden players?

Easiest solution would have been to give all players 2,000,000 gold (assuming one could only purchase the bundle once).

What would you be saying about that???????

montecore
01-02-2016, 06:51 PM
As someone said many, many posts ago, this is a mess. It's a combination Dynamite Bar Exam Question/Business Ethics Thing. (BTW Crime Cow, I am an actual lawyer and strongly suspect Dippy is as well based on many of his posts- not that it matters, but you asked).

Anyway, the way I look at this (if anyone cares) is that some low level code boy (or whatever they are called) screwed up. The "erroneous offer" went out. The vast majority of those seeing the bundle offer at issue would know it was a mistake. If they mistakenly did not understand it was a mistake, I guess it was what's known as a "mutual mistake of fact."
As I recall from Law School, the manner in which such is USUALLY rectified judicially is to essentially "call off the deal", and if there are damages that can't justly be erased by that, award them.

Of course I went to law school way before Al Bundy invented the Internet, so wtf do I know?

Now I must also admit that had I come across the offer I may have taken it- several times- but then as Mom once told me, "(I'm)horrible person." It would have been wrong to do so and I would have known that unless I was some relatively new player. Some SAS guy?? Give me a break.

So Gree did not handle a mistake which should never have been made in a perfect world. It was a major league screw up- but was their solution really unreasonable given the relative few who actually mistakenly benefited from the mistake? Even if they were SASers and other golden players?

Easiest solution would have been to give all players 2,000,000 gold (assuming one could only purchase the bundle once).

What would you be saying about that???????

The problem is that would severely aggravate their biggest spenders, which Gree does quite a bit, but I think the aggravation would be so severe that the game couldn't survive. There are people who spend five figures a month on this game to get far less than 2mm gold, and they do it every month or every other month.

Situations like this do happen from time to time in the physical world - and usually, once the sale has gone through and the product has shipped the buyer simply got a great deal. Taking your legal approach a step further, let's say you own a jewelry store and have a watch that costs 500,000 for sale. But due to a price mistake, you have it listed as for sale at 500 dollars.

I go in and buy it for 500 dollars (sold by an employee who wasn't aware of the actual value of the watch), put it on my wrist, and walk out of the store. What is your recourse, legally?

I believe (not being a lawyer) that if you had seen the error before the transaction went through you could have refused the sale. But once the sale is complete, you have my 500 dollars and I have the watch, what are you going to do? Sue me for making a purchase?

Dipstik
01-02-2016, 07:04 PM
I did a little research, poorly since it's completely outside my area of expertise, and I didn't see an answer to that question. I assume if the product were valuable enough, someone would try. I also think the fact that there was no living person to authenticate the sale would be relevant.

crime cow
01-02-2016, 09:08 PM
Red, since you are an actual lawyer (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but based on the vacuous posts of the other 'attorney' on this forum I'd say you're the only one), how is this instance different than the airlines inadvertently selling $500 tickets for $10 and having to honor the price? This scenario has happened many times in the past, although I'm making up amounts for this hypothesis. I'm assuming they have to honor the price since they could buy off their customers with a gift card and a little negative press, but I don't know if this has ever been legally tested. Your thoughts?

namedud
01-03-2016, 03:41 AM
People are still upset about this? ToS clearly states Gree is allowed to do stuff like this any time they want and you agree to that just by having the game installed on your device. There is a simple fix if you don't like it but it doesn't involve Gree at all.

lordsagacity
01-04-2016, 07:06 AM
The problem is that would severely aggravate their biggest spenders, which Gree does quite a bit, but I think the aggravation would be so severe that the game couldn't survive. There are people who spend five figures a month on this game to get far less than 2mm gold, and they do it every month or every other month.

Situations like this do happen from time to time in the physical world - and usually, once the sale has gone through and the product has shipped the buyer simply got a great deal. Taking your legal approach a step further, let's say you own a jewelry store and have a watch that costs 500,000 for sale. But due to a price mistake, you have it listed as for sale at 500 dollars.

I go in and buy it for 500 dollars (sold by an employee who wasn't aware of the actual value of the watch), put it on my wrist, and walk out of the store. What is your recourse, legally?

I believe (not being a lawyer) that if you had seen the error before the transaction went through you could have refused the sale. But once the sale is complete, you have my 500 dollars and I have the watch, what are you going to do? Sue me for making a purchase?

There is something wrong with this example. After you buy the watch, you can resell it or you can use it all day without worrying about the seller might discontinue its function one day. But in CC, you cannot do either of them, as stated in ToS.
So in essence, money players are not buying assets, they are buying the service of playing CC with advantages, which can be modified or cancelled anytime by Gree. If you call it unfair, simply don't pay.

Red BD
01-04-2016, 02:15 PM
Hmmmmm... good points some, IMO, which is probably why, as Dippy hinted, there may be no hard and fast rule, and why Gree can probably rely on the TOS.

Equitably the thing that jumps out at me in all the cases (except the airline ticket being sold to unwitting passengers)is there seems to be a strong possibility that the allegedly aggrieved knew or reasonably should have known of the mistake.
In the present situation the mistaken offer was apparently tucked away in a $40 Bundle. The Bundles surrounding it were nothing out of the ordinary. The offer pretty much screamed "stupid mistake."

Should people be allowed to benefit from another's stupid mistake? Maybe if it's Gree's mistake and 10,000 gold at issue, but 2,000,000? That amount would tend to negatively impact the game not for Gree, but for poor schmuck players like me who only look at a $40 bundle when I only have $40 to spend, and whose friends are not going to tip me off to its existence either because I have no friends or because I'm not part of a Top Syndicate where word spread to glom onto the glitch (or whatever).

Crime Cow, you have a good point about the airline tickets, albeit not a proportionate one. I doubt you think equity would be served if a court provided the same remedy to Grandma Crime Cow who skimped to buy even the cheap ticket and ended up in 1st Class and to Dippy's Universal Wholesale Ticket Bazaar.Com which purchased 10,000 for resale.
I wouldn't.
Now, I think the title of this thread has real importance. Whose complaining and why did they really buy a $40 bundle?

crime cow
01-04-2016, 02:47 PM
Hmmmmm...there may be no hard and fast rule, and why Gree can probably rely on the TOS.

Equitably the thing that jumps out at me in all the cases (except the airline ticket being sold to unwitting passengers)is there seems to be a strong possibility that the allegedly aggrieved knew or reasonably should have known of the mistake.
In the present situation the mistaken offer was apparently tucked away in a $40 Bundle. The Bundles surrounding it were nothing out of the ordinary. The offer pretty much screamed "stupid mistake."

Should people be allowed to benefit from another's stupid mistake? Maybe if it's Gree's mistake and 10,000 gold at issue, but 2,000,000? That amount would tend to negatively impact the game not for Gree, but for poor schmuck players like me who only look at a $40 bundle when I only have $40 to spend, and whose friends are not going to tip me off to its existence either because I have no friends or because I'm not part of a Top Syndicate where word spread to glom onto the glitch (or whatever).

Crime Cow, you have a good point about the airline tickets, albeit not a proportionate one. I doubt you think equity would be served if a court provided the same remedy to Grandma Crime Cow who skimped to buy even the cheap ticket and ended up in 1st Class and to Dippy's Universal Wholesale Ticket Bazaar.Com which purchased 10,000 for resale.
I wouldn't.
Now, I think the title of this thread has real importance. Whose complaining and why did they really buy a $40 bundle?

It's obvious that Gree will never weigh in on this issue, or they will do so right after they fix the accomplish issue. I don't know that too many people are angry anymore, as those that were angry have probably already taken steps to correct the situation, as namedud alluded to above. Keep in mind that the airline example has happened many times in the past, but I haven't heard any recent examples. This has cost airlines tens of thousands of dollars in some of the extreme examples. Unfortunately, I've never come across any of these pricing errors as I would have pulled the trigger, unlike the gold which I still feel was way overpriced.

It sounds like this is outside your area of expertise, but you mentioned the TOS as Gree's fallback, so please review the section below and provide your thoughts. I went to the same imaginary law school as some others on the forum, so my expertise should not be relied upon, but I think the two highlighted sentences are the focus, with the second one being the key. I would say the first sentence does not apply in this situation as Gree made a modification that only affected a few users and a specific package, which appears to be covered more by the second sentence, in that all sales are final. However, it would be interesting to hear a breakdown of how you view this from a legal standpoint. I could take one of our corporate attorneys out to lunch and I'm sure they could break it down for me, but I really don't want to spend that much time with them as it will bring up a whole host of other topics they want me to address and I don't want to spend any real money to investigate this, so your opinion is appreciated.

7. Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods

The Service may include Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods. You have no right, title or interest in or to any such Virtual Goods or Virtual Currency appearing or originating in the Service except for the following: You will have a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to use, solely within the Service, Virtual Goods and Virtual Currency that you have earned, purchased or otherwise obtained in a manner authorized by GREE. GREE may manage, regulate, control, modify or eliminate Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods at any time, with or without notice. GREE shall have no liability to you or any third party in the event that GREE exercises any such rights.

The transfer of Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods is prohibited except where expressly authorized in the Service. Other than as expressly authorized in the Service, you shall not sell, redeem or otherwise transfer Virtual Currency or Virtual Goods to any person or entity, including but not limited to GREE, another User or any third party.

You understand and agree that all sales of Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods are final and non-refundable, unless GREE (or the applicable third party platform provider) decides in its sole discretion to provide a refund. You agree that in the event that these Terms of Service, your Account, the Service as a whole or the applicable portion of the Service is terminated or discontinued for any reason, you will forfeit all Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods. GREE will have no liability to you in connection with that forfeiture.

Red BD
01-09-2016, 11:59 AM
The "problem" I have with all such "agreements", and not just in this field, but insurance, leases, etc, is that no one besides the idiot who wrote them ever reads them when entering into the "agreement." Hence that "I have read..." Thing at the end of the TOS. Doesn't really make for much of a meeting of the minds. Of course, most people, including me, would be so bored by the second paragraph they couldn't focus enough to understand the thing anyway.

But hey, what are ya gonna do? It's one reason lawyers are paid such a ridiculous hourly rate. It's also one of the reasons many lawyers stop practicing and turn to pottery. It's also one of the reasons why, in such contracts of adhesion, courts are supposed to interpret anything vague or ambiguous against the party which came up with it.

It's also why while I started to read the quoted thing, I quickly realized I really don't care and decided to take a nap.
Sorry Crime Cow (-;)

TMI
01-09-2016, 01:00 PM
It's obvious that Gree will never weigh in on this issue, or they will do so right after they fix the accomplish issue. I don't know that too many people are angry anymore, as those that were angry have probably already taken steps to correct the situation, as namedud alluded to above. Keep in mind that the airline example has happened many times in the past, but I haven't heard any recent examples. This has cost airlines tens of thousands of dollars in some of the extreme examples. Unfortunately, I've never come across any of these pricing errors as I would have pulled the trigger, unlike the gold which I still feel was way overpriced.

It sounds like this is outside your area of expertise, but you mentioned the TOS as Gree's fallback, so please review the section below and provide your thoughts. I went to the same imaginary law school as some others on the forum, so my expertise should not be relied upon, but I think the two highlighted sentences are the focus, with the second one being the key. I would say the first sentence does not apply in this situation as Gree made a modification that only affected a few users and a specific package, which appears to be covered more by the second sentence, in that all sales are final. However, it would be interesting to hear a breakdown of how you view this from a legal standpoint. I could take one of our corporate attorneys out to lunch and I'm sure they could break it down for me, but I really don't want to spend that much time with them as it will bring up a whole host of other topics they want me to address and I don't want to spend any real money to investigate this, so your opinion is appreciated.

7. Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods

The Service may include Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods. You have no right, title or interest in or to any such Virtual Goods or Virtual Currency appearing or originating in the Service except for the following: You will have a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to use, solely within the Service, Virtual Goods and Virtual Currency that you have earned, purchased or otherwise obtained in a manner authorized by GREE. GREE may manage, regulate, control, modify or eliminate Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods at any time, with or without notice. GREE shall have no liability to you or any third party in the event that GREE exercises any such rights.

The transfer of Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods is prohibited except where expressly authorized in the Service. Other than as expressly authorized in the Service, you shall not sell, redeem or otherwise transfer Virtual Currency or Virtual Goods to any person or entity, including but not limited to GREE, another User or any third party.

You understand and agree that all sales of Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods are final and non-refundable, unless GREE (or the applicable third party platform provider) decides in its sole discretion to provide a refund. You agree that in the event that these Terms of Service, your Account, the Service as a whole or the applicable portion of the Service is terminated or discontinued for any reason, you will forfeit all Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods. GREE will have no liability to you in connection with that forfeiture.

Seems like an open and shut case based on your bolded quotes.

You understand and agree that all sales of Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods are final and non-refundable, unless GREE (or the applicable third party platform provider) decides in its sole discretion to provide a refund.

So in other words, you can't get your money back. That transaction of buying the bundle is final.
You pay the money, they gave you the gold.

GREE may manage, regulate, control, modify or eliminate Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods at any time, with or without notice.

Now that the transaction is finished, that is, they have the money, and you have the 2 million gold, GREE can eliminate the virtual currency and/or virtual goods.
And so now GREE removes the 2 million gold.

Seems open and shut. Am I missing something?

namedud
01-09-2016, 01:19 PM
Seems like an open and shut case based on your bolded quotes.

You understand and agree that all sales of Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods are final and non-refundable, unless GREE (or the applicable third party platform provider) decides in its sole discretion to provide a refund.

So in other words, you can't get your money back. That transaction of buying the bundle is final.
You pay the money, they gave you the gold.

GREE may manage, regulate, control, modify or eliminate Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods at any time, with or without notice.

Now that the transaction is finished, that is, they have the money, and you have the 2 million gold, GREE can eliminate the virtual currency and/or virtual goods.
And so now GREE removes the 2 million gold.

Seems open and shut. Am I missing something?

Exactly. `

crime cow
01-09-2016, 02:57 PM
Red is obviously very skilled at what he does...

Buti agree with both of you that this is open and shut. For anyone that's ever dealt with contract disputes Gree doesn't really have a leg to stand on.

Red BD
01-09-2016, 03:14 PM
As I said, in cases of ambiguity (eg fas between the two highlighted phrases written by Gree), a court is supposed to interpret that against Gree. That is, if all sales are final, they are also final for Gree. Now Gree claims the right (vaguely) to just veto everything, but here they are picking and choosing.

But it's not open and shut in light of what I consider to be the big pile of circumstantial evidence of conduct worthy of a laches (eg unclean hands) defense. You aren't supposed to take advantage of someone you reasonably know is making a mistake or you can be said to have unclean hands and get booted out on equitable principles.

But if anyone wants to try and sue them, I can refer you to a great lawyer (not me, I quit 10 years ago), but I doubt there's that much interest or $$$$$ in it, so IMHO it's really snooze worthy.

crime cow
01-10-2016, 09:39 AM
That was a good explanation and I'd say we're thinking the same. Obviously there isn't a legal action here, even if it's a pretty clear case. The only way a lawyer would make any money on this is to bill by the hour, which means it would cost a plaintiff potentially a couple grand (on the low side) to get restitution, which would be about twenty-five bucks (or whatever the bundle cost).

IMO Gree is on the wrong side of this one legally, but anyone who bought the gold was crazy if they believed they would be able to keep it. The precedent is set and everyone should know what to expect next time it happens. Including a bunch of threads complaining about the enforcement after the fact...

Bad Fish
01-18-2016, 07:05 PM
OP, did you get answers to all your questions?

evj
01-19-2016, 05:03 AM
IMO Gree is on the wrong side of this one legally, but anyone who bought the gold was crazy if they believed they would be able to keep it.

I bought it to get a nice screenshot and never used any of the gold :)
My tread was started cuz of the way they handled it.

I look forward to that response from Gree. Let's all hold our breaths and wait for it.

Anyone still alive?

Thanks a lot for all the posts here. I can see there are a lot of eminent brains around in CC. I wish more of them had a job in Gree and could contribute to improve the environment and infrastructure for this game.
Both the game and its customers would deserve this.

Yeah, whatever!
01-19-2016, 06:56 AM
Sorry evj but No eminent brains play cc or post on forum.