PDA

View Full Version : Banned Accounts for buying gold

Heapsofblue
12-18-2015, 05:54 PM
So gree offers 2m gold for $49.99 who wouldn't buy it. Then they ban all the accounts that took them up on their offer.
Hardly fair of them.

OMD73
12-18-2015, 06:21 PM
Seems ridiculous. Buy gold and get banned for it. If this is the end, at least I go out knowing how **** this game really is - even when using outrageous amounts of gold. I'll be sure to be getting a refund through ITunes.

General Dudus
12-18-2015, 06:29 PM
Got banned for buying the first bundle £59.99

Evan1000
12-18-2015, 06:31 PM
I'm glad I fell asleep until an hour after war started. I would've been tempted to buy 2 million gold, and I wouldn't be able to battle with my syn now.

This will certainly be an interesting war, with lots of players in top syns banned due to a GREE screw up.

GREE always thinks up great ways to discourage people to buy gold. Excellent work, GREE!

surfinguy369
12-18-2015, 06:55 PM
Who would be stupid enough to buy it thinking it wasn't a mistake on Gree's part? Stupid is as stupid does.... Forrest Gump

Bad Fish
12-18-2015, 08:18 PM
I bought my bundle & it appears I'm missing 1,999,000 bars of gold. I expect to be compensated because we'd be in the top 10 right now if it wasn't for this.

BusterGuts
12-18-2015, 08:29 PM
Is this a Pete Rose ban or is this like a foreign substance suspension?

Asymmetric
12-18-2015, 08:31 PM
Who would be stupid enough to buy it thinking it wasn't a mistake on Gree's part? Stupid is as stupid does.... Forrest Gump

You never can tell, everything they do is a stupid mistake.

cajunman
12-18-2015, 08:34 PM
So gree offers 2m gold for $49.99 who wouldn't buy it. Then they ban all the accounts that took them up on their offer.
Hardly fair of them.

The weird part is only iOS users are banned. All others are still working with the gold glitch. Look at the leader board. The point totals of the top tams show that the ban is not game wide.

What a joke this has become.

Heapsofblue
12-18-2015, 09:16 PM

So what if gree made mistake. The offer was there for about 10 minutes.
Also gree banned iOS and now 4 hours later has only just started to ban droid.

Gree made the offer, some of us purchased. Their problem not ours.

Kid T
12-18-2015, 09:30 PM
Of course it also happens during war weekend when gree employees aren't working so no official response or updates.

HavingFun
12-18-2015, 09:50 PM
Of course it also happens during war weekend when gree employees aren't working so no official response or updates.

Haha, this is funny.

Idiosyncrasy
12-18-2015, 09:55 PM
Banning players from using a product after they purchase said product while on a special offer, thus preventing them from receiving what they paid for (and what was advertised) during the time when player experience depends upon it the most? Now that's creative.

I recommend the devs tread lightly. They (the US government) have laws against that kind of shenanigans.

Heapsofblue
12-18-2015, 10:17 PM
Banning players from using a product after they purchase said product while on a special offer, thus preventing them from receiving what they paid for (and what was advertised) during the time when player experience depends upon it the most? Now that's creative.

I recommend the devs tread lightly. They (the US government) have laws against that kind of shenanigans.
It would be nice if a forum mod could find out what is happening and let us know.

sfun
12-18-2015, 10:39 PM
Gree going out with a bang. What a legendary fail. All current events are screwed right now.

***HELLO GREE ANYBODY HOME***

Gungho
12-18-2015, 11:34 PM
Everyone will be restored at the same time the rival list is working again :rolleyes: at least that's what we hope as half our syndicate is missing :o

jfgarzon
12-19-2015, 12:41 AM
Well this must be the first ever glitch in crime city. I remember the items for sale during eb. Final prizes opened in case event. Where thise accounts locked then.......nope....... just because your company doesnt check your work is not my fault. It serves you right for doing such a ****ty job and just pushing out content without checking anything......

Greeny1
12-19-2015, 12:50 AM
Well this must be the first ever glitch in crime city. I remember the items for sale during eb. Final prizes opened in case event. Where thise accounts locked then.......nope....... just because your company doesnt check your work is not my fault. It serves you right for doing such a ****ty job and just pushing out content without checking anything......

Too true.....

evj
12-19-2015, 12:51 AM
Attention Crime Lords!

Exciting update: Beginning with the Duel for the Deuces Battle for Empire City, Accomplices will no longer factor into battle calculations. Though all Accomplices you've recruited will still remain in your inventory, battle calculations will be calculated using only Mafia Stats. We hope you enjoy the classic Battle for Empire City and build the strongest Mafia to dominate and defeat your enemies! More details to come on how Accomplices will be used to enhance your Mafia.

I finnally thought Gree wanted to compensate for the Accomplices. Yes, it was strange they wanted me to pay for the cmpensation, but again, its Grees developers who arranged it. At the end it wasnt that strange and even a good deal.

But no, it was an error done by Gree (not a glitch). Well, back to sending tickets for my Accomplices.

Wait wait! I cant.... I cant even log into the game cuz my accounts are banned, also those without accomplices and gold.

Smart move, Gree, smart move. "Lets call it a glitch and tell its the players fault". Standard Gree procedure: If the error cost the players gold, "we will look into it and inform our developers. Thank you for contacting Gree, but we cannot refund gold you lost due to the error".
If the error cost Gree gold, "your banned. You exploit a glitch who occured because of our lack of competence. We might release your account before easter (they dont tell u witch year)".

Instead of taking the game offline, reset it like it was before the bundles went online, everyone would be treated equal and no one would get advantaed of Grees error, you chose to ban us who finnly thought we got a small compensation for the Accomplices. So, we are pissed, the ones who aint banned are pissed cuz they have to carry all the banned ones, the teams are pissed cuz many cant play.

Im impressed, never thought you could top the Accomplice scam.

Captain Torgue
12-19-2015, 01:06 AM
I finnally thought Gree wanted to compensate for the Accomplices. Yes, it was strange they wanted me to pay for the cmpensation, but again, its Grees developers who arranged it. At the end it wasnt that strange and even a good deal.

But no, it was an error done by Gree (not a glitch). Well, back to sending tickets for my Accomplices.

Wait wait! I cant.... I cant even log into the game cuz my accounts are banned, also those without accomplices and gold.

Smart move, Gree, smart move. "Lets call it a glitch and tell its the players fault". Standard Gree procedure: If the error cost the players gold, "we will look into it and inform our developers. Thank you for contacting Gree, but we cannot refund gold you lost due to the error".
If the error cost Gree gold, "your banned. You exploit a glitch who occured because of our lack of competence. We might release your account before easter (they dont tell u witch year)".

Instead of taking the game offline, reset it like it was before the bundles went online, everyone would be treated equal and no one would get advantaed of Grees error, you chose to ban us who finnly thought we got a small compensation for the Accomplices. So, we are pissed, the ones who aint banned are pissed cuz they have to carry all the banned ones, the teams are pissed cuz many cant play.

Im impressed, never thought you could top the Accomplice scam.

TLDR

You cheated, now deal with the consequences.

SAS = cheaters!

OMD73
12-19-2015, 01:21 AM
"Wasted Waterfront Bundle Issue

Due to an unexpected issue in our systems a bundle was briefly released today containing an erroneous amount of gold. Unfortunately some players may have attempted to take advantage of this glitch to gain unfair advantage. We have therefore locked those accounts temporarily. Players who purchased this bundle will have their accounts restored to the state they were in before the purchase and will have the correct contents of the bundle credited to their account. Once this is done the accounts will be unlocked. We will be reviewing the leaderboard standings at the close of the event to ensure that no one who played fairly was disadvantaged by this.

As a reminder, our terms of service explicitly prohibit intentionally taking advantage of glitches and exploits to the game code. While we will not be taking action in this case beyond restoring accounts to the pre-issue state, future violations of the terms of service may result in a permanent ban.

Thank you all for you understanding and cooperation as we work to correct this matter."

Interesting how an error on Gree's behalf has become a glitch and exploit.

Quite simple really - a bundle package was offered for sale, players purchased the package. No glitch, exploit nor was it cheating.

evj
12-19-2015, 01:33 AM
"Wasted Waterfront Bundle Issue

As a reminder, our terms of service explicitly prohibit intentionally taking advantage of glitches and exploits to the game code. While we will not be taking action in this case beyond restoring accounts to the pre-issue state, future violations of the terms of service may result in a permanent ban.

Thank you all for you understanding and cooperation as we work to correct this matter."

Interesting how an error on Gree's behalf has become a glitch and exploit.

Quite simple really - a bundle package was offered for sale, players purchased the package. No glitch, exploit nor was it cheating.

Rhetorically question: If you didnt buy the gold and your online and can hit and you can hit a banned account u normally cant hit. Is that taking advantages of a glitch?

Players pm me and sends me ss of them beating my account. They are low levels and have no chance what so ever to beat my normal defense. They got higher points and can be the drop who makes their team win.

This is so stupid dumb. Gree should ask the goverment in USA for protection, not cuz of finacially reasons, but lack of IQ.

Captain Torgue
12-19-2015, 01:45 AM
Rhetorically question: If you didnt buy the gold and your online and can hit and you can hit a banned account u normally cant hit. Is that taking advantages of a glitch?

Players pm me and sends me ss of them beating my account. They are low levels and have no chance what so ever to beat my normal defense. They got higher points and can be the drop who makes their team win.

This is so stupid dumb. Gree should ask the goverment in USA for protection, not cuz of finacially reasons, but lack of IQ.

Is perfectly acceptable.

You cheated and these are the consequences.

Cheater!

HavingFun
12-19-2015, 01:49 AM
Where is Rodimus when we need him? I would really enjoy one of his integrity and Gree's working hard speeches right about now lol

Mystruss
12-19-2015, 01:55 AM
So many great responses. Dammit, where's my LIKE button gone!

E.g.E
12-19-2015, 03:31 AM
What makes a legally binding contract?
3 important components of it. Invitation to offer, offer and acceptance.
Advertising something is not legally binding, it is just an invitation to offer so can be revoked anytime before final acceptance.
In this case Gree advertised 2m gold for whatever it was costing which is invitation to offer.
Then players made an offer by acting on that invitation and trying to buying the advertised amount of gold for the advertised cost. This is an offer.
As soon as the transaction go through and players credited with 2m gold for the advertised cost this is acceptance of the offer which automatically created a legally binding contract between Gree and the players who purchased the gold.
One more thing, once offer is accepted there is no going back. Contract is complete and parties to contract must comply. There are lots of examples of this in the past.
Simple Contract Law.
There is a legally binding contract. Gree cannot "legally" ban players and get 2m gold back.
Well question is who would take them to court over this.
Ohh well fudge it... Gree is being typical Gree...

TheWarthog
12-19-2015, 03:33 AM
This has to be the designers biggest screw up yet. They make a mistake and punish the players, most likely paying customers disproportionately? I'm pretty sure that if I was a gold player this would be my final "up yours" from gree.

Nighteg
12-19-2015, 03:50 AM
Is this another new low? How many of those we had?

Winnson
12-19-2015, 03:59 AM
Don't buy gold.

Lesson learned.

Ah Gree, you never cease to amaze.

sfun
12-19-2015, 03:59 AM
I lost count. Curious how they will fix their major **** up.

Winnson
12-19-2015, 04:04 AM
You can't fix this. This is lawsuit worthy.

TheWarthog
12-19-2015, 04:06 AM
Well when you use a commercial excavator, there seems to be no limit to how low you can go.

BusterGuts
12-19-2015, 04:10 AM
At least we got a statement from GREE. I can accept an account reset, but will they accept that I prefer a refund?

jfgarzon
12-19-2015, 05:26 AM
I lost count. Curious how they will fix their major **** up.

They give you 5 energy refills and a we will advance your issues to the development team........

namedud
12-19-2015, 06:08 AM
If this surprises or upsets you, you have not lowered your expectations low enough. What you need to expect is nothing, and know that no matter how much you pay, that's exactly what you're going to get. Every. Single. Time.

crime cow
12-19-2015, 06:15 AM
If this surprises or upsets you, you have not lowered your expectations low enough. What you need to expect is nothing, and know that no matter how much you pay, that's exactly what you're going to get. Every. Single. Time.

Spot on. Kind of like voting to reelect your congressmen/political leaders every year and then complaining because nothing changes.

montecore
12-19-2015, 06:23 AM
To be clear, this was not a glitch and no one who bought the bundle violated the ToS. Gree has always varied the amount of gold in these bundles, unlike vaults which are always 1500 gold. A glitch involves manipulating the game to take advantage of a bug that isn't supposed to be there. Gree chose the amount of gold to sell in this bundle, players chose to spend their money to buy it.

montecore
12-19-2015, 06:30 AM
What makes a legally binding contract?
3 important components of it. Invitation to offer, offer and acceptance.
Advertising something is not legally binding, it is just an invitation to offer so can be revoked anytime before final acceptance.
In this case Gree advertised 2m gold for whatever it was costing which is invitation to offer.
Then players made an offer by acting on that invitation and trying to buying the advertised amount of gold for the advertised cost. This is an offer.
As soon as the transaction go through and players credited with 2m gold for the advertised cost this is acceptance of the offer which automatically created a legally binding contract between Gree and the players who purchased the gold.
One more thing, once offer is accepted there is no going back. Contract is complete and parties to contract must comply. There are lots of examples of this in the past.
Simple Contract Law.
There is a legally binding contract. Gree cannot "legally" ban players and get 2m gold back.
Well question is who would take them to court over this.
Ohh well fudge it... Gree is being typical Gree...

Here is a similar legal concept: a Hyundai dealership accidentally shows a bunch of sticker prices at one dollar for a brand new car. I go and buy two dozen cars for 24 dollars. Hyundai figures it out and corrects the price. If they took me to court, would a judge say they have any right to expect me to return the cars and get my 24 dollars back?

Dipstik
12-19-2015, 06:37 AM
*munches popcorn*

Smoothie
12-19-2015, 08:08 AM
Here is a similar legal concept: a Hyundai dealership accidentally shows a bunch of sticker prices at one dollar for a brand new car. I go and buy two dozen cars for 24 dollars. Hyundai figures it out and corrects the price. If they took me to court, would a judge say they have any right to expect me to return the cars and get my 24 dollars back?

Really.. A Hyundai?

LüK€¥
12-19-2015, 08:11 AM
Am the lawyer, judge, jury and executioner for GREE. And I say GREE is GUILTY.

But as am a nice bloke, I will buy the Dev team a Christmas present, I'll buy them a ****

Bad Fish
12-19-2015, 08:14 AM
Really.. A Hyundai?

Well in all fairness they were ranked #7 in affordable midsize cars by U. S. News & World Report so it's a close comparison.

montecore
12-19-2015, 08:33 AM
Well in all fairness they were ranked #7 in affordable midsize cars by U. S. News & World Report so it's a close comparison.

They are the best value on the road today, and that's at sticker price. One issue with my analogy is that a Hyundai at any price is a tremendous value, Gree gold is not.

Bad Fish
12-19-2015, 09:08 AM
If you own one of the recall Sonata that when put in park it might not fully engage & roll off you probably want get that taken care of.

But really your comparing GREE to Hyundai was an insult to Hyundai.

Idiosyncrasy
12-19-2015, 09:55 AM
Once I bought a welcome mat from a large retailer. On the shelf, the sign said $9.99. I matched the UPC to the product to make sure that's what I was purchasing, and it even had a picture of the product on the sign so there was no discrepancy. When I went to pay, it rung up at $19.99. I called them on it and the cashier didn't really believe me. I took a picture of the sign and matched everything up, and they had to honor it. It was advertised and I accepted their offer. No harm no foul, they just had to honor their mistake.

Another time at a restaurant, they had several signs on the door and throughout the restaurant advertising a promotion to get a free appetizer if you got an entree or something like that. So I ordered one. When the check came, it had the appetizer on it. Simple mistake and I asked for it to be taken off since they were running that promotion. Managers came out to tell me that the promotion didn't start for two days and they just put out the sign early, which they shouldn't have. They didn't want to honor their mistaken advertisement. Well, I showed them the sign and how it didn't have any effective dates on it, which made it effective immediately. They tried to argue, but I said I wouldn't have ordered it if their sign didn't indicate the promotion. I told them it was false advertisement and they can't do that. They ended up honoring it and then took down the signs.

Point is, Gree needs to honor it, even if it was a mistake. I don't care if it created an unfair advantage. It wasn't a glitch; they just have untrained staff who don't check their work. The sign was up. Honor it.

Winnson
12-19-2015, 10:01 AM
This bone up is 100% on Gree. Their locked sticky thread is hilarious.

I can't wait to see how this one all shakes out.

Winnson
12-19-2015, 10:09 AM
We have therefore locked those accounts temporarily. Players who purchased this bundle will have their accounts restored to the state they were in before the purchase and will have the correct contents of the bundle credited to their account.
-Milburn Pennybags from the locked sticky

Does anyone know the correct contents of the bundle exactly? It's not what was shown at the time obviously.

You know what would be awesome? A brick.

So you thought you were getting 2M gold plus some other cool stuff because that's what you were told, but it turns out that was all an accident and now you get a brick for each bundle you bought, because that's what they meant really.

You will be unbanned when you get a brick or few. Eff you.
-Gree

Winnson
12-19-2015, 10:15 AM
You don't even get a refund.

You got banned for paying real money and they're still keeping that money, but you're banned and your stats are worthless until they decide what to give you for the money they have already taken and are not giving back.

That is seriously next level customer service.

For those of us that would never dream of spending real money on this neverending trainwreck of a game ever again, no problem! Go ahead and crush the last people that spend money on this game! They're in a time out!

I am laughing so hard, I'm crying. You can't make this stuff up.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/228/264/train-theres-your-problem.jpg

TheWarthog
12-19-2015, 12:56 PM
The gold thing by itself isn't really the issue. It is but it isn't. It was a mistake on Gree's part and everybody makes mistakes. The issue is punishing players for their mistake. That's singularly the most ludicrous customer service move I have ever heard. No hyperbole. That is the one.

In the Hyundai analogy above, not only did they not honor the "deal", but the dealership came to your house, took your other cars, grated up the road, burned the bridge that would allow you to leave, and demoed your garage.

Winnson
12-19-2015, 01:00 PM
Let them eat cake -famous last words