PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Gree and thank you, no seriously

Garland Greene
12-10-2015, 03:51 PM
I know I'm not a big contributor or regular on this forum, and when I have posted it's usually been to complain about something I was angry about. So I'm not expecting any fond farewells from the members here but that doesn't matter, this is for the Gree team. I would like to thank you for providing a game I have truly enjoyed playing for many many years. I first started playing 2 maybe 3 months before the creation of Syndicates and quickly became hooked, this game has dominated the free time in my life and even alot of my companys time while I hid in the bathroom to participate in a particular event, for one reason-it's fun!

As with any long term relationship there have been many ups and downs, but I've always appreciated that you've tried to keep the game fresh by bringing new things to the table. Some were huge hits like SA, others huge misses like accomplices. But that you try regardless of all the negativity here on the forum is what matters. Hell I can remember some years ago people here were complaining how stale the game had become, that building their IPH was the only thing that kept them coming back. So while not every change has been a grand slam, it's the effort that counts.

I started my CC Syn career in a top 1000 and am leaving while having been in a top 10. I've spent more money on gold than I'll ever admit to my wife lol, but never regretted a dollar of it; no one ever held a gun to my head. I've decided to quit/win because i have reached my own personal plateau, the events don't excite me anymore. There's no where else to "go" in the game, it's just run it's course for me after close to 6 years. I've spent way more time playing this game than I ever have playing any other game in my entire life and I wouldn't change any of it.

So thank you again Gree team. And to all the current CC players good luck in your game and have fun! I'll be enjoying my retirement Playing Fallout 4

Dipstik
12-10-2015, 04:26 PM
Posting "I quit" threads is against the rules, you know.

Evan1000
12-10-2015, 04:38 PM
Only posting positive quit threads is against the rules. Negative quit threads are warmly welcomed!

Gratz on beating the game

I love tacos
12-10-2015, 05:38 PM
I know I'm not a big contributor or regular on this forum, and when I have posted it's usually been to complain about something I was angry about. So I'm not expecting any fond farewells from the members here but that doesn't matter, this is for the Gree team. I would like to thank you for providing a game I have truly enjoyed playing for many many years. I first started playing 2 maybe 3 months before the creation of Syndicates and quickly became hooked, this game has dominated the free time in my life and even alot of my companys time while I hid in the bathroom to participate in a particular event, for one reason-it's fun!

As with any long term relationship there have been many ups and downs, but I've always appreciated that you've tried to keep the game fresh by bringing new things to the table. Some were huge hits like SA, others huge misses like accomplices. But that you try regardless of all the negativity here on the forum is what matters. Hell I can remember some years ago people here were complaining how stale the game had become, that building their IPH was the only thing that kept them coming back. So while not every change has been a grand slam, it's the effort that counts.

I started my CC Syn career in a top 1000 and am leaving while having been in a top 10. I've spent more money on gold than I'll ever admit to my wife lol, but never regretted a dollar of it; no one ever held a gun to my head. I've decided to quit/win because i have reached my own personal plateau, the events don't excite me anymore. There's no where else to "go" in the game, it's just run it's course for me after close to 6 years. I've spent way more time playing this game than I ever have playing any other game in my entire life and I wouldn't change any of it.

So thank you again Gree team. And to all the current CC players good luck in your game and have fun! I'll be enjoying my retirement Playing Fallout 4TL;DR

extras...

crime cow
12-10-2015, 06:25 PM
The rules are rarely followed here. Enjoy your retirement. I don't hold the Gree team in the same high regards as you do, but I'm sure somewhere in their offices someone must be trying to put out a quality product...

Idiosyncrasy
12-10-2015, 08:44 PM
Congrats man. Enjoy the other side. Things will look different now that you can look up and enjoy the world. Do what you can to not get sucked back in because the relapse is always harder. I had to quit twice, but I've been clean for over a year - ha! Anyway, congrats and enjoy!