PDA

View Full Version : THEGREE annual report

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-08-2015, 11:24 AM
THEGREE released their annual report on 30 November.

Take a gander:

http://v4.eir-parts.net/v4Contents/View.aspx?template=ir_material_for_fiscal_ym&sid=20571&code=3632

It seems THEGREE wants to play in the home remodeling space, as well as the "fitness" space.

Well, well, well...

truthteller
12-08-2015, 12:41 PM
THEGREE released their annual report on 30 November.

Take a gander:

http://v4.eir-parts.net/v4Contents/View.aspx?template=ir_material_for_fiscal_ym&sid=20571&code=3632

It seems THEGREE wants to play in the home remodeling space, as well as the "fitness" space.

Well, well, well...

WOW..................a loss of 10.3 million versus a gain of 17.3 million on the previous period, that is a variance of (27.6) million Yen, which is "only" about USD$300k+
I am currious how much of the loss comes from the North America Subsidiary

HellRaizer
12-08-2015, 02:07 PM
Group me chatter is filled with refund talks. Seems like when people are ignored, they quit and also try to get all their money back..

Simple solution would have been to.. 1) answer CS tickets; 2) CMs to post more than just "buy gold" threads; 3) moderators to be educated in understanding when the community raise issues and, thus escalate rather than ignore/lock

truthteller
12-08-2015, 02:23 PM
Group me chatter is filled with refund talks. Seems like when people are ignored, they quit and also try to get all their money back..

Simple solution would have been to.. 1) answer CS tickets; 2) CMs to post more than just "buy gold" threads; 3) moderators to be educated in understanding when the community raise issues and, thus escalate rather than ignore/lock

Too late for that

I know of many players that just use their last itune/google receipt email, and are "reporting a problem" to them, and getting refunds ASAP

I know of a team mate that withing 15 minutes of sending his email got response from itunes stating his refund will be processed withing 48 hours..............now that is fast customer services
and that his complain was going to be added to basket along with other complains...........................so apparently itunes is looking onto Gree's "errors"................unless that part was BS on the itunes reply lol

either way, my team mate is happy on his refund

Brown Out
12-08-2015, 02:44 PM
I've been playing for 4 years and still haven't beat the game.
I've heard the final boss takes beaucoup gold to defeat.
Might try to defeat him again after the Holidays.

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-08-2015, 03:45 PM
I've been playing for 4 years and still haven't beat the game.I've heard the final boss takes beaucoup gold to defeat. Might try to defeat him again after the Holidays.No one, I repeat, no one will ever beat this game. A few might have been beguiled into believing they were able to beat a boss. The only beat down being administered regularly is to rectangular pieces of plastic, or the numbers which represent the little plastic rectangles. Those beat downs, however, appear subject to reversal by HIGHER authorities.

truthteller
12-08-2015, 03:50 PM
I've been playing for 4 years and still haven't beat the game.
I've heard the final boss takes beaucoup gold to defeat.
Might try to defeat him again after the Holidays.

you are doing it wrong

in order to beat the game you have to press and hold on the MW icon, when you see the little "x" (and you know "x" always marks the spot), PRESS IT, and upon the "tricky" questions it will ask, you reply YES...................and you my friend will have beaten the game, and the prize is lots of time for more fun things to do

WBS
12-08-2015, 05:17 PM
They must be gaining a lot of money from other sources because MW can't be that profitable anymore?

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-08-2015, 07:08 PM
They must be gaining a lot of money from other sources because MW can't be that profitable anymore?

Yes, their NEW streams of revenue are described in some detail within the report.
Its also explained in detail their diversification and new business ideas.

Vercingetorix
12-08-2015, 08:32 PM
DEW, thanks for the post. I made it to page 10 of the annual report and actually laughed when I read the first blue highlighted comment. The quote must have come from someone who does not work on this game.

WBS
12-08-2015, 09:14 PM
This game proved their intentions are far from what they say.

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-08-2015, 10:07 PM
This game proved their intentions are far from what they say.Yes, we know what THEY'VE said and done.

Plutorules
12-09-2015, 01:29 AM
These are old numbers and has nothing to do with refunds atm. It rather explained the lay off they had earlier this year. They had to reduce costs is my guess reading this report

J-manKometh96
12-09-2015, 02:06 AM
Correct. Fiscal 2015 ended 6 months ago. However reading some of that, it's pretty that answer to the question previously raised about kampu gacha is that these titles are not available in Japan, as they have a separate development base.

Agent Orange
12-12-2015, 04:35 PM
Have to admit that I felt bad about applying for a refund but if they aren't going to fix the game and continue to pump out defective code well I can't really feel that bad. And it does give me a nice war chest for some serious boxing week buying! So thanks gree and Merry Christmas to all. Hmmm my MacBook keeps wanting to autocorrect gree to free….. hmmmmm perhaps not a coincidence after all.

Cannot Connect To Server
12-13-2015, 06:22 AM
you shldnt feel bad. you didnt get what u paid for and its faulty product.

i found page 44 it just says "if only this wasnt a work of fiction and we knew what we was doing"

the vp has a twitter... he says gree creates games ppl lovearound the world...

thrs an old interview... http://www.adweek.com/socialtimes/grees-eiji-araki-on-monetization-japanese-vs-western-players-and-what-makes-a-successful-social-games/530332

Japanese vs Western Players... not read it yet... just stopped at that bit.

was think its about time players try contact the ppl at the top and see if they know how bad the game is or if the employees dont tell them what goes on here or everything else... or even if they even care..they prob only look at the $ and skip the reports.

who knows but if gree usa wont help then maybe gree jp or direct contact with the vp or other higher staff might get the game fixed but i doubt it... gree is a japanese company that does not seem to have or know honour.

so prob nothing will ne fixed this msg will prob get erased by staff in usa out of pure fear of ppl contacting gree japan but what else can we do?

if customer services dont reply and senior staff dont care then going higher up the chain is all thats left totry unless like many report it companies like apple outside of gree. idont think google care.

but thr maybe government offices that do. if anyone wants to go that far for a broken game.

get ur money back if u can its your right for faulty product.

The_Russkie
12-14-2015, 06:52 PM
It's always funny to see how some creative editing and a little polishing with graphics designer, can make it look like you have a healthy, vital, and thriving business. The guys in suits aren't players.

I think the earning charts show it all: They peaked, and now it's time for the slow painful death. It won't be lights out until they can squeeze out every last penny of profit.