PDA

View Full Version : Epic boss

Z-ro
11-30-2015, 07:02 PM
Anybody else hit level 34 and the energy for boss is ramped up to impossible?

Bonanza
11-30-2015, 07:15 PM
Both my minis got stopped out at 34. Time for a couple days of r&r

Z-ro
11-30-2015, 07:32 PM
Just checking to see if it wasn't just me lol

Sheldor Sir
12-01-2015, 12:13 AM
not hit 1 boss an don't intend even wasting my battery opening game more than twice aday

HellRaizer
12-01-2015, 01:04 AM
I used to flip accounts while the epic boss was on so as I never had to wait... but... now....

I uninstalled the game.. so many issues around logging on and lag that i just couldn't be bothered anymore.

J-manKometh96
12-01-2015, 01:21 AM
Can't get a single boss summoned here on Android. I guess it's just me?

sstuutss
12-01-2015, 04:31 AM
Can't get a single boss summoned here on Android. I guess it's just me?
Now dont be thinking you're specail, I can't either. Lucky us lol

Sierra Hotel
12-01-2015, 05:31 AM

Same. EPIC FAIL at level 34. Went from a free hit/kill on level 33 to barely putting a dent in the boss with 4 cash hits on level 34.

Jg48
12-01-2015, 05:34 AM
You have to be a monster to finish boss 150 or you have to use a ton. Of gold. But either way good luck. Event is working as intended thanks for playing

WBS
12-01-2015, 05:45 AM
I'm not there yet, I hate EB but ill see if 34 is same for me. By the way the Packers lost and Vikings won.

Area51z
12-01-2015, 06:26 AM
One account went from 1free hit on 33 to 2 money hits. Another went from 1 free hit to barely dented with money hit. Another went from 1 free hit to 1 money hit and a free hit. Cuh-Ray-zee. Not worth it. Going to the beach and dig my toes in the sand..

Jg48
12-01-2015, 06:57 AM
Someone likes the viqueens.

plavine
12-01-2015, 08:14 AM
Same here - thanks for the warning gree -
I should gave expected it considering they do it in KA also

Pidgeot
12-01-2015, 08:27 AM
Boss 33 has 11.9b health and boss 34 has 1.89t. Boss 100 is 26.3t(ish) health, boss 150 has 1.92q(ish) health. Happy killing...

Bubseg
12-01-2015, 08:57 AM
Thanks alot gree. I usually get to lvl 115 Not getting passed lvl 40. Thanks. Now i cN rest today without needing to pick phone up , maye ill uninstall game altogether

WBS
12-01-2015, 09:08 AM
Someone likes the viqueens.

I Live in Minnesota. I like when they win but am used to diassapointment, for me it's nice to see the cheese heads lose ;)

truthteller
12-01-2015, 10:24 AM

Boss 67 has around 54 Trillion health

Yeap, gree is working hard to kill the game as fast as possible, they are making sure the gold spenders use gold in order to finish, while telling the rest of players.......................FOOKU

Annihilator2
12-01-2015, 11:01 AM
Boss 67 has around 54 Trillion health

Yeap, gree is working hard to kill the game as fast as possible, they are making sure the gold spenders use gold in order to finish, while telling the rest of players.......................FOOKU

No needs to kill all 160 bosses. Enough to kill +5 bosses ahead to be stronger.

Edr9x23super
12-01-2015, 11:33 AM
Yep same here......

I guess GREE got tired of everybody building their armies with all of the goodies.

plavine
12-01-2015, 12:51 PM
Thanks alot gree. I usually get to lvl 115 Not getting passed lvl 40. Thanks. Now i cN rest today without needing to pick phone up , maye ill uninstall game altogether

I've been reaching 90-95 lately - but no more :
If DREDD and the other developers think I'm going to by 1/2 priced gold just to reach level 50 they are more out of touch than I thought they were . 2 days off from epic boss now

Area51z
12-01-2015, 01:21 PM
http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?119395-Maybe-Gree-are-trying-to-reset-the-game
Perfect explanation by HellRaizer......

Sheldor Sir
12-01-2015, 02:15 PM
going to be close 7624

Mrs Cash
12-01-2015, 02:53 PM
Just sent this to the Greejects;

Despite having issues triggering epic bosses, restarting the game after hitting a few rivals became part of the norm. But seriously, what the hell is up with the bosses health at level 34? You really know how to ruin the game, little by little, day by day. You should just end the insanity now instead of prolonging our misery.

Pidgeot
12-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Just an update, Boss 70 was well over 50t health.

Agent Orange
12-01-2015, 06:38 PM
It makes no sense to me to make events totally impossible except for maybe the top 1-2% of all players. It always makes more sense to try and find money across the entire player base even if it is a small amount vs trying to squeeze it out of a handful of players. But then I pointed this out years ago and surprisingly they got away with it this long which is rather astounding.

Z-ro
12-01-2015, 07:05 PM
Boss 33 has 11.9b health and boss 34 has 1.89t. Boss 100 is 26.3t(ish) health, boss 150 has 1.92q(ish) health. Happy killing...

Didn't even get dinner and a movie before getting screwed

pgexp
12-02-2015, 12:26 PM
haven't got a single boss on any of my android accounts either. and I have 10

WBS
12-02-2015, 06:45 PM
Yup hit the 35 boss and went from taking one free hit to 4 paid hits. Way to chase players away gree👍

Brown Out
12-03-2015, 12:25 AM
Happened at boss 67 for me.

Bosses 1 - 66 : 1 free hit
Boss 67: 1 free hit + 3 cash hits

Helios Von Elisar
12-03-2015, 03:27 AM
Happened at boss 67 for me.

Bosses 1 - 66 : 1 free hit
Boss 67: 1 free hit + 3 cash hits

At 67 I went from 2 cash hits to 10 cash hits. So I went to Game of War. Boss health is supposed to gradually get stronger. Instead Gree puts mountainous jumps in boss health so gold has to be used to advance.

This used to be a fun game. Now it's a lesson in futility. The level of frustration has passed the level of enjoyment. It's just about time to stop tapping.

robmurphy
12-03-2015, 07:18 AM
I'm struggling to see the issue here.

Surely it's correct that only the top few percent of players should be able to complete Epic Boss.

Why should weaker players be able to accomplish what the stronger players can do?

Work harder. Grow stronger. Spend more (it ain't a free to play game)

Only my opinion of course.....

Jg48
12-03-2015, 07:30 AM
Most don't have deep pockets like the top maybe 10% of the players

robmurphy
12-03-2015, 07:34 AM
Most don't have deep pockets like the top maybe 10% of the players

Then please don't complain when you can't achieve what those people can.

As I say, and as you know, this is a pay-to-play game.

carl9764
12-03-2015, 07:38 AM
Then please don't complain when you can't achieve what those people can.

As I say, and as you know, this is a pay-to-play game.

What a stupid comment

robmurphy
12-03-2015, 07:43 AM
What a stupid comment

Why?

Am I incorrect?

carl9764
12-03-2015, 07:48 AM
So why is it then last time my main done level150 without using gold now can only get too level 80?????????????????????????????????

Why because gree want players to spend money when they want you too, if that's the case then don't change the sodding rules

robmurphy
12-03-2015, 07:59 AM
So why is it then last time my main done level150 without using gold now can only get too level 80?????????????????????????????????

Why because gree want players to spend money when they want you too, if that's the case then don't change the sodding rules

I believe you're agreeing with me.

You pay to succeed

Pay or don't

If you don't pay, you'll fall further behind and EB will be even harder next time.

It's not GREE being 'evil', their reason for existence is to make profit.

I've never got these threads. If events are too hard, spend more or don't do them?

Jg48
12-03-2015, 09:18 AM
Yes I can finish EB. But that is not my point

Pidgeot
12-03-2015, 09:40 AM
I believe you're agreeing with me.

You pay to succeed

Pay or don't

If you don't pay, you'll fall further behind and EB will be even harder next time.

It's not GREE being 'evil', their reason for existence is to make profit.

I've never got these threads. If events are too hard, spend more or don't do them?

You clearly don't understand what the point of a game is. All games make money, but all players are on a equal playing field. All players should be able to complete events, even with the littlest of effort and those who are active should always finish them. The problem with GREE, and you it seems is they think all aspects of the game should make all the monies all the time. Not every event needs to make millions of dollars.

robmurphy
12-03-2015, 10:01 AM
You clearly don't understand what the point of a game is. All games make money, but all players are on a equal playing field. All players should be able to complete events, even with the littlest of effort and those who are active should always finish them. The problem with GREE, and you it seems is they think all aspects of the game should make all the monies all the time. Not every event needs to make millions of dollars.

I am genuinely not trying to be confrontational, but that's one of the most naive things I've ever heard.

"All players should be able to complete events". Utterly ludicrous. Why on earth should a gold-free player be able to complete events that other players have to use gold to complete?

I've read many of your posts in here, and have tried hard not to challenge you on them. But this one is insane.

Every event should make GREE money. Just like every item in Walmart should make them money.

If you want to finish events, then spend.

If you want to be gold free, then be happy with 'Normal' or perhaps 'Prestige' level.

"All players on an equal playing field", nonsense again with respect to MW. People spend money to be bigger and better than those who don't. Why on earth do you think we should all be on the same level?

I stand no chance of changing your mind, that's fine, you are free to have your own opinion. I'll just point out that we are in a consumer-driven, free market economy; not 1950's communism. GREE will drop there prices and/or can this game when the money stops coming in. I play at a fairly high level and I see a HUGE amount of money still being spent.

So as I always say when I get frustrated enough to post/reply here - spend or don't, your call. Just stop whinging about the game. I love MW (yes, I'm probably addicted) and I spend what I want when I want. When I get bored, or the game implodes, I'll stop. But until then, I will get the "stuff" that non gold spenders don't.

I don't whinge and whine when I see the giants in the game getting much better "stuff" than I do, I know most of them and I know they spend a shed load more then me; therefore they're entitled to what I'm not.

Posting here = bad for blood pressure.....

Pidgeot
12-03-2015, 10:37 AM
I am genuinely not trying to be confrontational, but that's one of the most naive things I've ever heard.

Why is that? Your comment was one of the most entitled post I read in a long time.

"All players should be able to complete events". Utterly ludicrous. Why on earth should a gold-free player be able to complete events that other players have to use gold to complete?

The goal of a game is to have as many players as possible so it can make as much money as possible. A lot of us aren't gold free players and still can't compete. The way gold should be used is IF a player wants to speed up something or buy exclusive content that doesn't put someone that far ahead while the free player pays with time. Maybe they don't get something but they don't ever fall behind.

I've read many of your posts in here, and have tried hard not to challenge you on them. But this one is insane.

Don't you seem cheeky and I'm wrong for wanting a game, designed to be played by many to be more accessible.

Every event should make GREE money. Just like every item in Walmart should make them money.

No game has ever worked like that. You're comparing apples to oranges. This is the equivalent to of paying for each bullet you shoot in a first person shooter after your first 'free' reload. Walmart is a store, where you go to spend money, Modern War isn't. I don't understand how this is hard to understand.

If you want to finish events, then spend.

No everyone has deep pockets. Where do you work at? I'd love a job there since they pay enough to play this game.

If you want to be gold free, then be happy with 'Normal' or perhaps 'Prestige' level.

You can't finish either for free. Normal doesn't award boost or units that make my army.

"All players on an equal playing field", nonsense again with respect to MW. People spend money to be bigger and better than those who don't. Why on earth do you think we should all be on the same level?

Because in a real game, each person buy/download the same game and have the same content and play the game. What sets people apart is how well they use said content. You'll hate to play me in a real game...

I stand no chance of changing your mind, that's fine, you are free to have your own opinion. I'll just point out that we are in a consumer-driven, free market economy; not 1950's communism. GREE will drop there prices and/or can this game when the money stops coming in. I play at a fairly high level and I see a HUGE amount of money still being spent.

Of course you can't. I'm not a selfish person like you. Yes money keeps a game going but what you refuse to see is keeping a game for the top 2% is no way to keep a game going when its more accessible and makes more money. If they the money stops coming, it could kill the game, which at this point should happen. They dont want anyone playing it anyway.

So as I always say when I get frustrated enough to post/reply here - spend or don't, your call. Just stop whinging about the game. I love MW (yes, I'm probably addicted) and I spend what I want when I want. When I get bored, or the game implodes, I'll stop. But until then, I will get the "stuff" that non gold spenders don't.

Yet entitled people like you come here to 'whine/complain'. What makes it different is you have money right? I have money too. What do you suggest I spend? 400 bucks each LTQ, 4000 bucks for leaderboard crate, 20k WD and Frontline. Can I have 100K each cycle so I can play this game "the right way?" I love MW as well, which is why I "whine" and wanting change so this game can do well == money.

I don't whinge and whine when I see the giants in the game getting much better "stuff" than I do, I know most of them and I know they spend a shed load more then me; therefore they're entitled to what I'm not.

Most of us here got over the fact we can't complete events. Im sorry you don't see or understand how that ruins balance but I guess America should go back to the time where rich white Christians had slaves and **** all over the little people. I'm sure you'll like that!

Posting here = bad for blood pressure.....

Well, your post don't do anything thing to help people who are actually having a hard time with this game. There is a reason why the big cats don't visit the real world. Its makes them look less like an ******* when they say something.

robmurphy
12-03-2015, 10:47 AM
Vilfredo Federico Damaso Pareto

Annihilator2
12-03-2015, 10:50 AM
Time is to increase price for gold in 1,000 times. Then gree will get desired amount of money:)

truthteller
12-03-2015, 10:53 AM
Time is to increase price for gold in 1,000 times. Then gree will get desired amount of money:)

Agree, they should double or triple the cost of the vaults and they will for sure make more money as the addicts in the top will just keep on speding:rolleyes:

J-manKometh96
12-03-2015, 11:27 AM
I can't believe this. I agree with Rob. Unfrigginbelievable.

Agent Orange
12-03-2015, 04:50 PM
I can't believe this. I agree with Rob. Unfrigginbelievable.

Well that makes two of us, it is totally absurd to expect every player to complete every event because of such a huge difference in player strength. Granted sadly I find most of the posts of who Rob is responding to absurd.

levelhead
12-03-2015, 05:06 PM
I agree that a player should not expect to complete any event without using gold. It cost time and money to produce it. But my main problem is... That I don't spend gold as not 1 event is without problems. Every event gree bring out just gets worse. So why spend my hard earned cash to give to people that provide a rubbish service. I expect a 2nd/3rd class service/game now as I sure don't pay for it ;)

Napgar
12-03-2015, 05:22 PM
Thanks for speaking out, robmurphy !!! Finally somebody with common sense (which is becoming rare on this Forum).
I fully agree and the concept GREE applies is applied by almost all gaming providers. The only difference is that GREE is very poor in quality control and customer relation/communication and that's why they are falling behind in this segment of the gaming market.

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-03-2015, 05:33 PM
You KNOW by now what THEGREE requires.

Wedbetter
12-03-2015, 07:15 PM
I'm not strongly on either side of this discussion however I'm confused as to what the games point is. Pay to play or pay to win? Rob mentioned walmart in his post. Having worked there while in high school I can tell u they take a loss on many things they sell. Other things have a 300% markup. They figured out balance. I would like to c this game do the same. Make 90% of the goals reachable. The top will buy up the extras like boost buildings and special items in the store.

Agent Orange
12-03-2015, 07:41 PM
I'm not strongly on either side of this discussion however I'm confused as to what the games point is. Pay to play or pay to win? Rob mentioned walmart in his post. Having worked there while in high school I can tell u they take a loss on many things they sell. Other things have a 300% markup. They figured out balance. I would like to c this game do the same. Make 90% of the goals reachable. The top will buy up the extras like boost buildings and special items in the store.

Pretty much from day one this game was about paying to win. The problem began with no real forward vision from the developers just keep creating more powerful units thus raising the bar and the need to spend. While the game is technically 'free' those that don't spend have no hope of ever being in the higher echilon of the game.

Granted that doesn't mean you can't have fun playing gold free, just means you have to be more strategic in how you play which for me keeps the game interesting since spending to win requires little to no strategy just deep pockets.

But because there was no appearent long range plan the game is falling apart. If there had been a long range plan we would not have all the old useless buildings and units cluttering up the place let alone mission targets and missions. If there had been even the tiniest bit of thought put into how all the elements fit together and not this panic last ditch money grab the game could have still been great.

Then throw in horrendous quality control and nonexistant customer service and you have the mess we have now. I said a long time ago the project manager should have been fired, now it's too late.

Annihilator2
12-03-2015, 11:33 PM
Thanks for speaking out, robmurphy !!! Finally somebody with common sense (which is becoming rare on this Forum).
I fully agree and the concept GREE applies is applied by almost all gaming providers. The only difference is that GREE is very poor in quality control and customer relation/communication and that's why they are falling behind in this segment of the gaming market.

Disagree. Gree is unique. Only gree gives undistructable units and boosts. All other game providers force to buy and buy the same units/boosts to be stronger.

robmurphy, it is fun: play-to-play. Maybe, you mean 'pay-to-win'...:)

elangomatt
12-04-2015, 10:00 AM
Here is my take on things. I have played two different freemium mobile games and they have very different ways of spending real money.

In MW, you buy gold and use it to make it possible to complete events. Without the gold you fall behind the front of the pack and really can't progress very much in the game. This problem is made even worse by the fact that Gree(d) refuses to give the bonuses that most people need like energy and health regen. Given how Gree(d) (and Funzio before them) has always run this game I don't think that all events should be able to be completed for free and that can't be expected. At the same time you need to give players some incentive to play the game and allow players that want to put in some effort to get some benefit without having to spend gobs of gold. Sure, most people should be able to finish Normal mode on LTQs without gold but what do they get for that? Virtually nothing. The stats on the units are fairly low and I can't remember the last time there was a bonus on a Normal event unit. My last point about Modern War and gold is that you get shockingly little benefit from even a vault of gold that costs $100 at regular price.

The other freemium mobile game that I've played is Clash of Clans. In CoC you can buy gems with real money. Those gems can be spent to buy a couple extra builders huts, boost the speed of barracks/spell factories, buy resources to upgrade buildings/units, or finish the upgrade of a building/troop early. (There are a few other things too, but those are the biggest.) If you have the patience and time, you can pretty much do anything in CoC without gems though. You don't need gems to help your clan win a war but you can spend gems to help your war troops train faster. You don't need gems to upgrade your giants/golems/etc. to the next level, you just need to raid for the resources and then wait the necessary time for the upgrade to complete. You don't need to spend gems boosting your barracks so you can go raiding for resources, you just have to wait longer for your troops to finish training. You also cannot buy extra attacks in clan wars thus giving you an advantage over your opponent, you get 2 attacks per war and that is all. Finally, in CoC if you are careful with spending you can make gems last a pretty darned long time. I use gems pretty much only for boosting my barracks so I can use my time more efficiently in raiding. I can easily make $50 worth of gems last for 2 or 3 months or longer if I'm not feeling like boosting much. I feel like the gems I do spend give a pretty big advantage to me though for relatively little real money spent.

I've kind of lost my point in all of this but I think what I'm trying to say is that a game where you don't have to spend money to stay ahead can work and work very well. Clash of Clans has been a VERY profitable game for a very long time time now. The key to being and staying profitable is to have a balance between being able to play the game well for free but also allowing players to spend small (or not so small) amounts of real money to progress in the game faster and easier. Supercell still has this balance for the time being in CoC, but Gree lost this balance a long long time ago (assuming they ever had it, which I'm not sure they did).

Pidgeot
12-04-2015, 01:47 PM
^ This is the way I play. I use my gold to finish evens I'm close to finishing and thats normally between 2 levels left. I use my gold as a means to finish upgrades and such, just like what you said with CoC. The gold I bought a months ago I still have. Sure the game can have some things that need money to buy but these things should always be able to buy, this way there is at least a common ground with the players. They all have the same content but depends on how they use it. Players dont ever feel like they are behind, and even if they are, they can still catch up. Its what makes games healthy. At this point, there isn't any reason for new players to play or current players to spend if they aren't going to ever catch up.

Agent Orange
12-05-2015, 06:26 AM
Here is my take on things. I have played two different freemium mobile games and they have very different ways of spending real money.

In MW, you buy gold and use it to make it possible to complete events. Without the gold you fall behind the front of the pack and really can't progress very much in the game. This problem is made even worse by the fact that Gree(d) refuses to give the bonuses that most people need like energy and health regen. Given how Gree(d) (and Funzio before them) has always run this game I don't think that all events should be able to be completed for free and that can't be expected. At the same time you need to give players some incentive to play the game and allow players that want to put in some effort to get some benefit without having to spend gobs of gold. Sure, most people should be able to finish Normal mode on LTQs without gold but what do they get for that? Virtually nothing. The stats on the units are fairly low and I can't remember the last time there was a bonus on a Normal event unit. My last point about Modern War and gold is that you get shockingly little benefit from even a vault of gold that costs $100 at regular price.

The other freemium mobile game that I've played is Clash of Clans. In CoC you can buy gems with real money. Those gems can be spent to buy a couple extra builders huts, boost the speed of barracks/spell factories, buy resources to upgrade buildings/units, or finish the upgrade of a building/troop early. (There are a few other things too, but those are the biggest.) If you have the patience and time, you can pretty much do anything in CoC without gems though. You don't need gems to help your clan win a war but you can spend gems to help your war troops train faster. You don't need gems to upgrade your giants/golems/etc. to the next level, you just need to raid for the resources and then wait the necessary time for the upgrade to complete. You don't need to spend gems boosting your barracks so you can go raiding for resources, you just have to wait longer for your troops to finish training. You also cannot buy extra attacks in clan wars thus giving you an advantage over your opponent, you get 2 attacks per war and that is all. Finally, in CoC if you are careful with spending you can make gems last a pretty darned long time. I use gems pretty much only for boosting my barracks so I can use my time more efficiently in raiding. I can easily make $50 worth of gems last for 2 or 3 months or longer if I'm not feeling like boosting much. I feel like the gems I do spend give a pretty big advantage to me though for relatively little real money spent.

I've kind of lost my point in all of this but I think what I'm trying to say is that a game where you don't have to spend money to stay ahead can work and work very well. Clash of Clans has been a VERY profitable game for a very long time time now. The key to being and staying profitable is to have a balance between being able to play the game well for free but also allowing players to spend small (or not so small) amounts of real money to progress in the game faster and easier. Supercell still has this balance for the time being in CoC, but Gree lost this balance a long long time ago (assuming they ever had it, which I'm not sure they did).

In the case of funzio/gree, they lost that balance pretty much when folks realized they could dominate by spending big. That created a snowball effect and since funzio was swimming in revenue they didn't really try and keep it under control.

Once gree arrived on the scene they went from a milking stool and bucket to high speed milking machine sucking 24/7 and since some players kept spending insane amounts they kept increasing the suction. But the big mistake was greed ruled over game design and even though folks on here were raising the alarm it was ignored until we have what we have now. A pretty much empty shell that has had the juice sucked out of it.

So sadly there never was a balance making a fast buck by fleecing their sucke.....er I mean customers was the mantra of management and sadly because some still spent even with all the problems they chose not to do anything and continue to do so.

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-05-2015, 06:42 AM
Please, you're FREE to be as delusional as you please.
However, some of us know that this thing masquerading as a game can't ever be won, no way, no how, no matter how deceived you might be by your fake stats.
The precise reasons disclosing why this thing can't be won have been revealed over and over.
Sorry if you've messed them.
That said, if you don't know, better ask somebody.
That said, friend and foe, the spending lamp is always lit in all THEGREE, well you oughta know by now.

Bye Felicia.

Agent Orange
12-05-2015, 06:47 AM
I
Please, you're FREE to be as delusional as you please.
However, some of us know that this thing masquerading as a game can't ever be won, no way, no how, no matter how deceived you might be by your fake stats.
The precise reasons disclosing why this thing can't be won have been revealed over and over.
Sorry if you've messed them.
That said, if you don't know, better ask somebody.
That said, friend and foe, the spending lamp is always lit in all THEGREE, well you oughta know by now.

Bye Felicia.

It occurs to me that there is a way to 'win' and that is to make the game revenue negative resulting in gree shutting it down. Playing for free is one way, getting all your money refunded even more so.

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-05-2015, 09:28 AM
I

It occurs to me that there is a way to 'win' and that is to make the game revenue negative resulting in gree shutting it down. Playing for free is one way, getting all your money refunded even more so.

Yes, everyone or everything eventually be destroyed.

In some cases, your target will assist in its destruction.