PDA

View Full Version : MW History Game

HellRaizer
11-18-2015, 11:49 AM
So to have a bit of MW related fun, when I have time I will create some questions based on the past of MW.. It may be event, player faction ect. related

I'll not bother with numerous threads but will post the additional questions here in a larger than normal font..

This is just a bit of fun and continuing to go with the memory lane threads..

I invite the community mods to join in the fun and be part of the community.. Who will come top.. I have a feeling I know who will ;)

HellRaizer
11-18-2015, 11:49 AM
Question 1.. Answered ..

Question 2.. Answered ..

Question 3.. Answered ..

Question 4.. Answered ..

Question 5.. Answered ..

Question 6.. Answered ..

Question 7.. In progress ...

HellRaizer
11-18-2015, 11:50 AM
Question 1

An easy one to start..

Can anyone name an ex member of the forums who used the fly through LTQs and create in depth walkthroughs including gold cost, prestaging, bonus items, targets, xp and final prizes..

Told ta it would be easy ;)

HellRaizer
11-18-2015, 11:50 AM
Knowledgeable members :)
(name: (number of questions answered))

Ju100 (3)
Agent Orange (2)
Dew Nuttin (1)
Ulrich von Ben (1)
Loli-PoP (1)
J-manKometh96 (1)

Gave up updating :)

HellRaizer
11-18-2015, 11:51 AM
Leading Player Mod:

(name: (number of questions answered))

cafedecoy (0)
Rodimus (0)
Vile Lynn (0)
Lolsies (0)

Haven't taken part yet :(

Mr T Perfect
11-18-2015, 12:37 PM
Danimal.. the legend

WBS
11-18-2015, 12:51 PM
Beat me to it ��

ju100
11-18-2015, 12:54 PM
Question 1

An easy one to start..

Can anyone name an ex member of the forums who used the fly through LTQs and create in depth walkthroughs including gold cost, prestaging, bonus items, targets, xp and final prizes..

Devin?

10 char

Mr T Perfect
11-18-2015, 01:19 PM
Devin?

10 char

Nah - wont be DEVN - he be normal Dewin Nothin.....

Ulrich von Bek
11-18-2015, 01:22 PM
Maverick or the guy that made the app for ios that ran alongside MW

Just remembered, Maverick did the building upgrade list

Agent Orange
11-18-2015, 01:35 PM
It was Devin who got banned from the forum.

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-18-2015, 02:15 PM
I agree, Devin it was.........
THEGREE named a large unit after Devin for his fine work and his willingness to spend to help others.
As with good, soon comes bad, THEGREE then did the thing to Devin that must never be typed on THEGREE forums.

HellRaizer
11-18-2015, 03:01 PM
Yup.. Enough folks got it right.. Pity no player mods have joined in yet..

The answer I was looking for was Devin.. (although we cant forget Maverick, Danimal and Larry Jackson)

Here's one of Devin's final posts..
http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?56305-Future-of-LTQs-and-walkthroughs-by-Devin&p=788400#post788400

It was a shame that Devin had a terrible unit named after him, outted some hackers and was therefore banned.. But he was let back, but the mod actions had left its mark.. Wonder how much those actions cost Gree..... No Devin, no walkthroughs, less gold spending....

But be was truly a helpful player that aided many on the forums..

Question 2
I'm in the UK soon heading to bed soon.. So will pick this up tomorrow..
Can anyone give me a brief history of the "Transport Raider" .. This I think is harder.... No cheating now :)

ju100
11-18-2015, 09:25 PM
Yup.. Enough folks got it right.. Pity no player mods have joined in yet..

The answer I was looking for was Devin.. (although we cant forget Maverick, Danimal and Larry Jackson)

Here's one of Devin's final posts..
http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?56305-Future-of-LTQs-and-walkthroughs-by-Devin&p=788400#post788400

It was a shame that Devin had a terrible unit named after him, outted some hackers and was therefore banned.. But he was let back, but the mod actions had left its mark.. Wonder how much those actions cost Gree..... No Devin, no walkthroughs, less gold spending....

But be was truly a helpful player that aided many on the forums..

Question 2
I'm in the UK soon heading to bed soon.. So will pick this up tomorrow..
Can anyone give me a brief history of the "Transport Raider" .. This I think is harder.... No cheating now :)

It was a nice loot to get, on droid at least, until the "loot fix". Many looked for it

Kerrey Allen
11-18-2015, 10:15 PM
There is a lot of banned peeps on that thread. Interesting content though

Ulrich von Bek
11-19-2015, 04:44 AM
Transport Raider, I think it was a good unit from a mission map and players used the android energy glitch to farm them. One guy got banned because he farmed 2.5k of them.

Agent Orange
11-19-2015, 06:29 AM
The Transport Raider was a loot unit that most of us farmed back in the day because it gave us a good boost. What made it notorious was that through the energy glitch you could amass hundreds of them.

I think I see a trend here, Alex what are 'things that can get you banned from Modern War'.... :p

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-19-2015, 07:35 AM
The Transport Raider was a loot unit that most of us farmed back in the day because it gave us a good boost. What made it notorious was that through the energy glitch you could amass hundreds of them.

I think I see a trend here, Alex what are 'things that can get you banned from Modern War'.... :p

it might be UNWISE to use the "B" word. LOL

HellRaizer
11-19-2015, 10:48 AM
YUP

Very quickly answered again. Some good memories .. It was a loot drop..

The transport raider:
http://s23.postimg.org/k1o2ksn2z/Modern_war_transport_raider_Flickr_Photo_S.jpg

Isn't it amazing. I had many of these units. When I first started modern war I was on android and for a long time it was a 100% drop rate. Some took it a bit far and loaded out their remaining army with these units. Now, here's the amazing thing for people newish to the game.. When you had a few 1000 of these you were STRONG.. so strong that some were banned for glitching.. nowadays
, even with an entire army of these, one loot drop of an Epic Boss will defeat them all.

Pity we haven't pulled the player mods into our little game yet, but the next question could be answered by one of them :)

Question 3
Very very few people will know this. About a year ago, during different administration, there was a slight blossoming of an idea.
Something that may have become something more... but it never did.
Our departed CMs had a vision..
It was a simple idea... How could the community have a better involvement...
The answer -- Per game, arrange for a group of trusted gamers.. A committee, lets say, who would represent a player majority.. Not Gree employees, not even Player MODs.. just regular Joe Public.. This committee would be able to have open communication with the DEVs at Gree... It would have allowed for a two way conversation..

However it, never came to fruition.. But it did get as far as confirming that 3 people would initially be asked.. I believe one even was asked and sadly declined due to work constraints..

My Question - Who do you think these three people were??

ju100
11-19-2015, 11:15 AM
I pass, I had no knowledge of that. Who was the CM then? Clementine?

HellRaizer
11-19-2015, 11:18 AM
I pass, I had no knowledge of that. Who was the CM then? Clementine?

Clem and Relic.
Have a guess thou.. Who would you have picked.....
(And as I was a mod at the time.. I'm not one of the three)

I'll give an answer tomorrow for this.. That give time for even a mod to try to answer

ju100
11-19-2015, 11:34 AM
Clem and Relic.
Have a guess thou.. Who would you have picked.....
(And as I was a mod at the time.. I'm not one of the three)

I'll try Thief, Danimal and LarryJackson. They were the most useful contributor at the time...

Paisthecoolest
11-19-2015, 12:54 PM
U

My guess: agent orange, Mcdoc, Theif

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-19-2015, 01:23 PM
It wouldn't be fair for me to answer, 'nuff said. LOL

Hi Dee Hi, Hi Dee Low

truthteller
11-19-2015, 04:52 PM
YUP

Maverick from REG, McDoc as he was with CM on SoCAL and I would say Stephen

Ranger89
11-19-2015, 05:45 PM
I'd say Ferr, Speed Ump and George W. Bush!

Ozymandias
11-20-2015, 07:26 AM
YUP

The answer -- Per game, arrange for a group of trusted gamers.. A committee, lets say, who would represent a player majority.. Not Gree employees, not even Player MODs.. just regular Joe Public.. This committee would be able to have open communication with the DEVs at Gree... It would have allowed for a two way conversation..

Turned out to be completely unnecessary in the end, as the monthly "ask a Dev anything" and the weekly "Dev's diary", and "weekly feedback thread" gave full transparency and interaction.

HellRaizer
11-20-2015, 12:27 PM
Answer

Agent Orange, Danimal and Larry Jackson... I believe Danimal was the one who was approached... From what I remember Thiefs name was mentioned but I think at the time of the decision he wasn't being very vocal...

Question 4
P91-Pounder. What was this and how could it have been gained. Any other facts about it??

ju100
11-20-2015, 01:01 PM
Answer

Agent Orange, Danimal and Larry Jackson... I believe Danimal was the one who was approached... From what I remember Thiefs name was mentioned but I think at the time of the decision he wasn't being very vocal...

Question 4
P91-Pounder. What was this and how could it have been gained. Any other facts about it??

Hehe, the mighty health boost, 30%, (from Greenland WD? or was it Brazil?)
Many hacked this unit, some had hundreds, if not thousands, gave an unfair advantage for a while. I presume all the SUPs got it, it made a huge difference.

Agent Orange
11-20-2015, 01:18 PM
Answer

Question 4

Sounds right man you have a good memory!

No clue about the answer for Q4.

Loli-PoP
11-20-2015, 02:58 PM
Answer

Question 4

30% health regen unit for top 10 first WD Battle for Brazil [old old old factionmate told me, i think McGurt?] and most hacked unit when game was on device, some were managing to have hundreds of those and had 100% regen within seconds, some rumors tell some players managed to keep them, but under re-named unit, and disguise that way. Again - rumors :)

Paisthecoolest
11-21-2015, 04:37 AM
Answer

Question 4

Didn't people use the excuse that if you were on the high-level gold bonus program you got to choose a loot item? They kept choosing that loot item.

Annihilator2
11-21-2015, 08:39 AM
Question 1

An easy one to start..

TheDanimal and Larry

HellRaizer
11-21-2015, 10:53 AM
TheDanimal and Larry

That ones been and gone.. It was Devin :)

Jhenry02
11-21-2015, 05:48 PM
I helped!

-J

HellRaizer
11-22-2015, 12:18 AM
Answer

30% health regen unit for top 10 first WD Battle for Brazil [old old old factionmate told me, i think McGurt?] and most hacked unit when game was on device, some were managing to have hundreds of those and had 100% regen within seconds, some rumors tell some players managed to keep them, but under re-named unit, and disguise that way. Again - rumors :)

spot Although some people where found to have 2000+ of them.. However they were soon banned...

It became a sought after thing, so much so that it was a treasure item on the black market trade. One can only hope that the underlying account found in this link was identified.. http://modernwarforum.com/forum/index.php?styleid=64?topic=11724.0 .. I can't believe for a second that it was actually Durt ??

HellRaizer
11-22-2015, 12:20 AM
Question 5

One of the most annoying things that happened to me in the game was around the pumpkin pies. This event was a little different compared to the rest. Can anyone remember? It's burnt a hole in my head ...

As a bonus question.. which forum member nearly always began his posts with the word "Sir"

J-manKometh96
11-22-2015, 12:26 AM
Thanksgiving crate event from 2013 where you got a prize for collecting them, and then another for opening. Except it locked up after 20 or so.

HellRaizer
11-22-2015, 12:35 AM
Thanksgiving crate event from 2013 where you got a prize for collecting them, and then another for opening. Except it locked up after 20 or so.

Answer ^^

That was quick :)

yup.. collect 1000 of them for a special prize.. It was also a 25 open create event, but you got stuck at 8 ...

HellRaizer
11-22-2015, 12:35 AM
Question 6
I'll leave this one open for longer..

Can you name every event that has been run which has required faction participation since the birth of factions ...

This is a really simple one, but hopefully one, the mods can join in with.

WBS
11-22-2015, 05:17 AM
Question 6
I'll leave this one open for longer..

Can you name every event that has been run which has required faction participation since the birth of factions ...

This is a really simple one, but hopefully one, the mods can join in with.

WD
FLTQ
PVP for battle points ( I forgot name)
FL
The FL style where we used units
Epic Boss
Raid Boss
Does 24hr WD count as separate?
I can't remember anymore.

ju100
11-22-2015, 06:09 AM
HellRaizer would be a great GM. Was so-so as gamer/moderator though :p

manbeast
11-22-2015, 07:02 AM
WD
BP / PVP Wars
FLTQ
Raid Boss
Epic Boss
Full Assault
Frontline

Brown Out
11-22-2015, 07:09 AM
Most fun I ever had was playing with ACE (Advanced Combat Experts).
A lil turd named Dylan killed the faction. AJ was the best leader ever.

superman007
11-22-2015, 05:42 PM
Question 5

One of the most annoying things that happened to me in the game was around the pumpkin pies. This event was a little different compared to the rest. Can anyone remember? It's burnt a hole in my head ...

As a bonus question.. which forum member nearly always began his posts with the word "Sir"

I believe it was Ferr

HellRaizer
11-23-2015, 06:39 AM
Answers

WD
BP / PVP Wars
FLTQ
Raid Boss
Epic Boss
Full Assault
Frontline

I believe it was Ferr

Strangely looking back, my favourite was PvP wars ...

Will try to think of some more history questions later

Brown Out
11-23-2015, 08:15 AM
Remember when Funzio ran the game and it was completely glitch free?

Yeah, me neither.

Annihilator2
11-23-2015, 08:35 AM
Funzio had good business strategy and they won: game was sold. Gree had money to by the game but they don't have business strategy and game goes down in all aspects...

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-23-2015, 08:51 AM
I don't know the answer to these questions.

But, I bet someone will know.

Who has the distinction of creating the first faction?

What was the name of that faction?

Is the first faction still operating?

HellRaizer
11-23-2015, 10:52 AM

Well now that could be difficult to answer. I'm guessing it would require a dev to write a simple select... Perhaps Micky could have answered that in the past

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-23-2015, 11:31 AM
Well now that could be difficult to answer. I'm guessing it would require a dev to write a simple select... Perhaps Micky could have answered that in the past

Yes sir, Micky The Magic Magician could answer ALL questions. LOL

Funny how he'd ALWAYS get the SUPER TRINKETS from those crates, too.

HellRaizer
11-23-2015, 11:47 AM
Question 7

What is the "Fountain of Youth"?

truthteller
11-23-2015, 12:03 PM
Question 7

What is the "Fountain of Youth"?

From October 2014 "players appreciation month"
it was the "winner" among other of the "design an item" for the Game and gree was suppose to make it..............ETA is estimated to be.........the day before gree shuts down the game

Item/Unit Name: Fountain Of Youth

-Fountain of Youth- Health Regeneration. "A man sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices his money to recuperate his health." Probably the most enticing potential new building in the game. A true gem and challenge that all can aspire to obtain. As such as the Red Light District This building will work in 2% increments for quicker for health Regen. (lvl 10 is 20%)

Purchase Price 750 Million (1 Available)

PS: we have better chances at finding the real fountain of youth before gree makes this one

Captain Steelman
11-24-2015, 12:21 PM
Very nice thread... Feels like the old days when the forum was great place to visit....

A small edit regarding Q4 and the P91... During the early days of WD the top3 rewards were pure boosts and not units... Hence, the rewardlist for WD Brazil looked like this :

Top1 +2 building upgrade
Top2 +20% building output
Top3 +15% building output
Top10 P91 +30% Health regen

My inventory doesnt lie.... ;-)

HellRaizer
11-24-2015, 12:32 PM
Very nice thread... Feels like the old days when the forum was great place to visit....

A small edit regarding Q4 and the P91... During the early days of WD the top3 rewards were pure boosts and not units... Hence, the rewardlist for WD Brazil looked like this :

Top1 +2 building upgrade
Top2 +20% building output
Top3 +15% building output
Top10 P91 +30% Health regen

My inventory doesnt lie.... ;-)

You're quite right my apologies.. Wonder if I can blame it on old age :)

Boss Roger
11-24-2015, 12:42 PM

LMAO That is a trickier question than you know. For all you old timers
that can remember PUN...we had a chatroom, shared intel and co-ordinated attacks
8 months before factions existed. One of the reasons factions were
invented was to put a stop to the reign of terror we rained down on solo
players;) Eventually PUN and Super Faction merged to form SUP...the rest is pretty well known.

truthteller
11-24-2015, 01:30 PM
that can remember PUN...we had a chatroom, shared intel and co-ordinated attacks
players;) Eventually PUN and Super Faction merged to form SUP...the rest is pretty well known.

You made a small mistake in your post
as per Stephen................PUN have never merge with anyone:rolleyes:

Mahan
11-24-2015, 02:41 PM
Wich reward unit Sprang the first big outrage by mw community, demanding money/gold back ?

WBS
11-24-2015, 06:06 PM

Another player using the merge word... Lol

Captain Steelman
11-25-2015, 10:02 AM
You made a small mistake in your post
as per Stephen................PUN have never merge with anyone:rolleyes:

Do I have time for this....? Ok, just to edit your false info...

Top 3 during some of the first WDīs :

1. PUN = Pirate United Nation
2. FE = Ferrīs Emperors
3. SF = SuperFaction

After the merger :

1. SUP1 = Super United Pirates 1
2. FE = Ferrīs Emperors
3. SUP2 = Super United Pirates 2

BTW, does anyone have any clue what happend to SUPERGIRL....? Name change...? Retired...?

truthteller
11-25-2015, 10:52 AM
Do I have time for this....? Ok, just to edit your false info...

Top 3 during some of the first WDīs :

2. FE = Ferrīs Emperors
3. SF = SuperFaction

After the merger :

1. SUP1 = Super United Pirates 1
2. FE = Ferrīs Emperors
3. SUP2 = Super United Pirates 2

BTW, does anyone have any clue what happend to SUPERGIRL....? Name change...? Retired...?

Not my words Steelman, I am just repeating that Stephen maintains that PUN have had never had a merger, lol
I do believe like the rest of the MW community that PUN merged to become SUP.................you just have to convince Stephen about it, lol

Captain Steelman
11-25-2015, 11:02 AM
Question 8

What was the name of the unit that Gree released for free to all factionmembers of all factions in honor of the top 3 teams and their goldspending during the Ireland WD event.....?

Stats of the unit gives bonus points...

A screenshot of the unit gives even more bonus points... ;-)

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-25-2015, 11:05 AM
Supergirl was one of the best MW players, ever.
She created a faction of people opposed to PUN.
She got people of varying views to unite against PUN.
SUPER FACTION would have eventually defeated PUN.
SUPER FACTION had a very strict code for their players.

She was the bane of many PUN tappers.

She was above all else smart, clever, honest, fair, and became a true friend.
She, much like Ferry, was unceremoniously removed from the leadership position due to the stupidity and greed of those she once thought we're her friends.

DEW U know who led the insurgency to depose SUPERGIRL? LOL
HINT: He was opposed vehemently to those of a certain belief. LOL
The little weasel. LMFAO

I wish you much continued success and happiness, Supergirl, wherever you might be these days!!!!

Agent Orange
11-25-2015, 11:39 AM
Supergirl was one of the best MW players, ever.
She created a faction of people opposed to PUN.
She got people of varying views to unite against PUN.
SUPER FACTION would have eventually defeated PUN.
SUPER FACTION had a very strict code for their players.

She was the bane of many PUN tappers.

She was above all else smart, clever, honest, fair, and became a true friend.
She, much like Ferry, was unceremoniously removed from the leadership position due to the stupidity and greed of those she once thought we're her friends.

DEW U know who led the insurgency to depose SUPERGIRL? LOL
HINT: He was opposed vehemently to those of a certain belief. LOL
The little weasel. LMFAO

I wish you much continued success and happiness, Supergirl, wherever you might be these days!!!!

Seems like back then there were some weasels in country. The faction I was in had it's two who tried to stab the faction leader in the back every chance they got. Of course when I outed them they slithered off but it created a split that the faction never really recovered from. In many ways the game was a lot more interesting back then.

Did we every get an answer to who the top 3 factions were in the very first WD. The #1 faction is easy....

Captain Steelman
11-25-2015, 12:29 PM
Did we every get an answer to who the top 3 factions were in the very first WD. The #1 faction is easy....

Well, its an easy found info in this forum...

2. FE = Ferrīs Emperors
3. SF = SuperFaction

HellRaizer
11-25-2015, 01:05 PM

2. FE = Ferrīs Emperors
3. SF = SuperFaction

Yup :)

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?44897-World-Domination-Complete-Winners-List

HellRaizer
11-25-2015, 01:11 PM
Question 8

What was the name of the unit that Gree released for free to all factionmembers of all factions in honor of the top 3 teams and their goldspending during the Ireland WD event.....?

Stats of the unit gives bonus points...

A screenshot of the unit gives even more bonus points... ;-)

Think it was this::

http://s1.postimg.org/ksf41h2un/image.jpg

Captain Steelman
11-25-2015, 02:04 PM
Well done. Thats the unit.... Congrats....! I guess I have to figure out some even harder questions...:rolleyes:

Agent Orange
11-25-2015, 03:16 PM

2. FE = Ferrīs Emperors
3. SF = SuperFaction

Yes PUN was number one. However unless I've just lost my mind which is entirely possible these days SF cannot possibly have been #3 because I've never been a part of SF and I was a member of the third place faction in WD #1. As a matter of fact I also don't recall Ferr being in MW back then unless he was playing as someone else and FE is the newer name for the #2 faction.

Maverick should hopefully remember this, as well as Dew since the good General was a principal of PUN.

Actually the reason I brought this up is because I've been wracking my brain for the past couple of days trying to remember what the name of the faction was that I was in back then, the name changed to Maverick's Rangers but what the heck was it originally called…. :confused:

Agent Orange
11-25-2015, 03:23 PM
Yup :)

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?44897-World-Domination-Complete-Winners-List

Hmm I'm loosing it or not, keep in mind that Funzio wiped the forums way way back so we actually do not have everything that was ever posted. That list of winners is a lot more recent listing factions I know did not exist for the very very first WD.

HellRaizer
11-25-2015, 03:37 PM
Hmm I'm loosing it or not, keep in mind that Funzio wiped the forums way way back so we actually do not have everything that was ever posted. That list of winners is a lot more recent listing factions I know did not exist for the very very first WD.

I may be wrong but i found that link via this link

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?73019-HISTORY-of-WD-BATTLE-WINNERS-(link-page)

As I remembered that someone created a master index thread

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-25-2015, 04:49 PM
Seems like back then there were some weasels in country. The faction I was in had it's two who tried to stab the faction leader in the back every chance they got. Of course when I outed them they slithered off but it created a split that the faction never really recovered from. In many ways the game was a lot more interesting back then.

LOL, treachery and foul deeds were indeed part of the early days of MW.

Maverick, another fine man, a true gentleman in EVERY respect.

He was also a very astute student of this game, and very accomplished strategist.

There was also MINER, a very classy gentleman, and very warm, big hearted man.

He, too, was another knowledgeable game player!!!

Agent Orange
11-25-2015, 05:35 PM
I may be wrong but i found that link via this link

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?73019-HISTORY-of-WD-BATTLE-WINNERS-(link-page)

As I remembered that someone created a master index thread

The date of that first entry seems much newer then I recall. First WDs should have occurred in 2012 and I'm pretty sure CCM would have predated CJ and the problem was Funzio nuked the old forum around the time they sold to gree so a lot of history was lost.

Agent Orange
11-25-2015, 05:40 PM
LOL, treachery and foul deeds were indeed part of the early days of MW.

Maverick, another fine man, a true gentleman in EVERY respect.

He was also a very astute student of this game, and very accomplished strategist.

There was also MINER, a very classy gentleman, and very warm, big hearted man.

He, too, was another knowledgeable game player!!!

Yes Miner was another of the great players back then, Tate, and Tanner were also faction mates. Dug up my old gropeme chats and the faction I'm thinking of might have been REG.

Xela
11-25-2015, 08:05 PM
Yes AO it was REG as I was there for that first WD. Then after "some discussion" some of us left to form ACE.

Napgar
11-25-2015, 09:43 PM
Hi Agent Orange, I have the records of (almost) all wars from day 1 in my archives and I'm afraid Captain Steelman is correct with his top 3...

J-manKometh96
11-25-2015, 10:12 PM
The date of that first entry seems much newer then I recall. First WDs should have occurred in 2012 and I'm pretty sure CCM would have predated CJ and the problem was Funzio nuked the old forum around the time they sold to gree so a lot of history was lost.

Any forum nukage occurred before the last quarter of 2012, and before factions began, which was also at the close of 2012. The first WD was in very early 2013. You are right in that the list was started well after the first WD, by about 9 months.

HellRaizer
11-25-2015, 11:22 PM
I do know where AO is coming from thou (I think)... I was surprised to see Superfaction is the original list..

I know factions were around for many a month before the first wd.. And before that, crate events were are way of competing.

But what confuses my memory, was i remember have a discussion after the second WD with a few members in my faction and in=BRAVO= and they were talking about forming a collected faction to try to get to the top.. That faction was Superfaction.. I almost seem to remember to maybe a 1/3 of Bravo helped form it... But how could that be it is already existed... Or was the first "Merge" of the game?

As far as winners go thou, I wasn't that interested in the leaderboard at the start.. Even then I was a little bit cautious about what was happening to the game, so I can only go by the forums (but I do think the forums were nuked before WDs started)

Captain Steelman
11-26-2015, 04:02 AM
One way to know for sure if AO was in the #3 faction during WD in Brazil is for him to look in his "bonus list" and find the "Brazil Prime Minister Production" bonus... (+15% building output)

Anyway, I know for sure Superfaction ranked #3 in Brazil and all other WDīs there after up to the "merger" with PUN... During this time every attack in the WD also showed up in the news feed so I could visit the base of everyone that attacked me and "chat" with them on their walls... This was a rare opportunity for me to chat with topplayers since most of them were close to lv200 and I was only lv70+. Therefore I could never find them in the rivalslist...

DocBot was not around so scouting was the way to find targets... Ferr always scouted the entire teams and we saved the intel in our chatapp ( Teamspeak)... Hence, it was fun to visit players of both PUN and SF after the WD, by searching in the newsfeed, and congrats them to their 1īst and 3īrd rank... What happend below top3 was never something I paid attention to since the game was all about to keep SF behind us and chase PUN...

Well, thats my 2 cents...

Captain Steelman
11-26-2015, 05:04 AM
Question 9

Nowadays we recive boost units with +2% Sea Attack, +5% building output and so on... My question is, what is the name and what kind of bonus is it of the unit with the highest procent of boost ever released in the game...?

Agent Orange
11-26-2015, 05:04 AM
One way to know for sure if AO was in the #3 faction during WD in Brazil is for him to look in his "bonus list" and find the "Brazil Prime Minister Production" bonus... (+15% building output)

Anyway, I know for sure Superfaction ranked #3 in Brazil and all other WDīs there after up to the "merger" with PUN... During this time every attack in the WD also showed up in the news feed so I could visit the base of everyone that attacked me and "chat" with them on their walls... This was a rare opportunity for me to chat with topplayers since most of them were close to lv200 and I was only lv70+. Therefore I could never find them in the rivalslist...

DocBot was not around so scouting was the way to find targets... Ferr always scouted the entire teams and we saved the intel in our chatapp ( Teamspeak)... Hence, it was fun to visit players of both PUN and SF after the WD, by searching in the newsfeed, and congrats them to their 1īst and 3īrd rank... What happend below top3 was never something I paid attention to since the game was all about to keep SF behind us and chase PUN...

Well, thats my 2 cents...

Well this is certainly confusing, I know I was never in SF yet I am positive REG placed third in one of the very early WDs. I did not find that unit in my inventory however.

I also see a Capt Steelman in a 2013 REG/CAI gropeme chat group I was in.

Also recall that Brazil was recycled but that must have been much later on so if that unit dropped on the second though that doesn't seem to fit.

Did gree really start WD? That also doesn't sound right either, doesn't really matter I suppose mainly just curious but it does bring back a lot of good memories of some great players when the game was in it's prime and was fun.

Speed ump
11-26-2015, 05:53 AM
Hell, maybe there were a couple of times that the question of a player group was brought up, as I was asked to join that, but well over a year ago. I turned that down as I felt many would feel I was biased. I do not remeber if super faction was third in first wd, but they were for sure third most of the early Wds before they became sup. Sorry dew, but as usual, much of what you have said just is not true. Super faction did not exist until Wds came out, and it's predecssor Royal Navy, who we warred with and she was a memebers of, was never a serious threat, they just never had the firepower to do so. Also super girl gave up leadership due to time avaible to run things, not because anyone took it from her. The next leader dissapeared, no one ever heard from him again, then the leadership was shared by several just before they joined up with the sup relationship. Steelman, sg is defintly still around, and you will find her at or near the top of most fl leaderboards.

HellRaizer
11-26-2015, 09:45 AM
Question 9

Nowadays we recive boost units with +2% Sea Attack, +5% building output and so on... My question is, what is the name and what kind of bonus is it of the unit with the highest procent of boost ever released in the game...?

Afraid I don't know that one :(

J-manKometh96
11-26-2015, 12:01 PM
Yeah, they definitely were. I started playing late October or early November of 2012, and reading the forum soon after. The forums were the same then as now. Some time in December is when factions were announced, and maybe even started forming before New Years. Then WD started soon after. When I started playing, GREES name was on things, though I don't think they were fully running the show then.

Captain Steelman
11-26-2015, 01:15 PM
Afraid I don't know that one :(

Damn... Then I have to figure out how to post a screenshot in here.... Was a long time ago since I did that.... Well, I get to it in the weekend.... If Im lucky someone already has done it by then.... :)

Agent Orange
11-27-2015, 06:15 AM
Hi Agent Orange, I have the records of (almost) all wars from day 1 in my archives and I'm afraid Captain Steelman is correct with his top 3...

Hi, do you have a WD listing showing REG as a third place finisher?

Agent Orange
11-27-2015, 06:45 AM
Yeah, they definitely were. I started playing late October or early November of 2012, and reading the forum soon after. The forums were the same then as now. Some time in December is when factions were announced, and maybe even started forming before New Years. Then WD started soon after. When I started playing, GREES name was on things, though I don't think they were fully running the show then.

Ok the forum wipe might have been back further than that as I was on the forums since Nov 2011 and I know that a particular line of questioning I was pursuing was suddenly wiped along with the entire forum.

J-manKometh96
11-27-2015, 07:41 AM
Hope it's giving you some timeline perspective.

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-27-2015, 08:21 AM
One can prospect with this great tool, and find that golden thread:

http://www.cachedpages.com/