PDA

View Full Version : Bugs in latest IOS and Android MW releases

Agent Orange
11-18-2015, 05:43 AM
This is mainly for us players as opposed to gree who seem to be aware of many longstanding issues but fail to resolve them.

With the latest release on IOS cash drops from completed missions do not immediately appear, instead you are forced to restart the app. Still suffering a high number of session disconnecs as well on iPads and iPhones.

On Android EB bosses would not trigger at first, needed 2-3 restarts. Though it now appears that they are not triggering again unless you restart the app! Once you run out of hits the event seems to go into a loop requiring an app resart.

App will suddenly crash then restart. Consistent on all Android tablets we test with. News feed is reset and remains blank even though news icon on main screen shows activity. This btw has always been an issue with Android in that icon shows no activity yet the actual log does. Now we appear to have the issue reversed where the icon indicating activity is 'working' but log is blank. V5.2.4.

I would suspect that some of these issues are the result of a change to the length of time the app stays connected to the server which appears to have been reduced to save server use. Problem is in order to thwart the airplane hack someone has failed to take into account how autonomous the game was when originally developed....

thescondo
11-18-2015, 06:36 AM
I would suspect that some of these issues are the result of a change to the length of time the app stays connected to the server which appears to have been reduced to save server use.

Very interesting - I would imagine this change in server connection time would result in a lower bill from AMAZON WEB SERVICES?

Agent Orange
11-18-2015, 06:38 AM
Very interesting - I would imagine this change in server connection time would result in a lower bill from AMAZON WEB SERVICES?

Would be the top of my list of reasons......

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-18-2015, 06:51 AM

Tangentially it might also convince SOME that its SECURITY related.

WBS
11-18-2015, 06:54 AM
I learn my game mechanics from AO. I'm not computer savvy as I'm a construction and labor oriented guy. Sometimes I feel a hammer or my work truck could make the game work better.

giz
11-18-2015, 07:45 AM
Dont forget players who are now locked.out of the game since the updates (at least 2 members of my faction at last count)

Agent Orange
11-18-2015, 08:37 AM
Dont forget players who are now locked.out of the game since the updates (at least 2 members of my faction at last count)

Are they IOS or Android, one other screw up from gree is not telling us when they drop support for older versions of IOS and it seems to me that MW 5.2.4 for IOS orphaned devices unable to upgrade to IOS 9.1. Yet they have still not changed the information on their app store description which states it requires IOS 5.1.1 or later, er no it orphaned that os about a year ago and I pointed out this issue back then.

Agent Orange
11-18-2015, 08:39 AM
I learn my game mechanics from AO. I'm not computer savvy as I'm a construction and labor oriented guy. Sometimes I feel a hammer or my work truck could make the game work better.

Thanks! I wouldn't be surprised if you could make the game work better, lord knows gree cannot.

Jannski
11-18-2015, 09:52 AM
On my android device I have to hit an npc or attack a player... At this point I used to open my rivals list and refresh to trigger. Now I have to exit and re launch the game for it to trigger.

danman_085
11-18-2015, 10:08 AM
Jannski, I'm Android also. I have noticed it is difficult to get the first boss to trigger. Once I exit & re-enter the game the boss is already triggered, & subsequent bosses can be triggered about 3 minutes after the previous boss was killed. But do not log out after that first boss is taken down or the process with start over.

Jannski
11-18-2015, 11:10 AM
Jannski, I'm Android also. I have noticed it is difficult to get the first boss to trigger. Once I exit & re-enter the game the boss is already triggered, & subsequent bosses can be triggered about 3 minutes after the previous boss was killed. But do not log out after that first boss is taken down or the process with start over.

Thank you! I'll try that.

killing fields
11-18-2015, 02:34 PM
Im android player and the game doesnt start i have already tried to reinstal the app but it still doesnt work ��

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-18-2015, 03:20 PM
Faction chat can now only be deleted if the faction officer is using an iOS device.

Sweet feature int it????

interox
11-19-2015, 02:42 AM
I am leader of my faction, since I installed the update I cannot get into the fortifications window to acquire and upgrade new fortifications. I am on Android devices. Anyone else having this problem?

Agent Orange
11-19-2015, 04:57 AM
Yes the new setup is screwed up, I had to hit the Donate button which brought up a really convoluted subscreen containing each of the 6 items that can be donated. Then had to click on the item I wished to donate and click on the blank box to type in a number which btw is hidden due to the size of my iPhones screen! Also cannot read the type if I use the slide switch instead.

Whoever tested this was an idiot because they obviously didn't think to include those using devices with small screens like phones.

Agent Orange
11-19-2015, 06:35 AM
Latest Android push with HQ has erased the news feed so you have no idea who attacked you and what they did. Also means you cannot retaliate because nothing is showing up. The data is still there because non 'upgrade' versions of the app properly display this information.

Also on IOS completed mission cash drops do not show up unless you restart the app though it feels like on a couple of occaisions they just outright disappeared.

Agent Orange
11-19-2015, 06:36 AM
Faction chat can now only be deleted if the faction officer is using an iOS device.

Sweet feature int it????

I'm sitting at the table doing a facepalm right now....

Agent Orange
11-19-2015, 06:39 AM
Im android player and the game doesnt start i have already tried to reinstal the app but it still doesnt work ��

App may not have fully loaded check and see if you have enough free space as gree has been known to fire off server pushes on Android that exceed devices with 512mb of system memory on older devices. In other words on a few Android phones we had to nuke everything else on the phone in order to free up enough space for the push to load.

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-19-2015, 07:33 AM
Your faction leader must be using an iOS device in order to BUILD WALLS or DELETE faction chat messages.

Android devices are unable to accomplish either of the aforementioned tasks!!!!

Tee
11-19-2015, 08:56 AM
LOL, this game!

killing fields
11-19-2015, 09:12 AM
Im on a tablet samsung tab3 with 2.0g free space

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-19-2015, 09:55 AM
I'm sitting at the table doing a facepalm right now....

What I love about this game, is what I hate about this game!!!!!

This game is so ___ing awful, it's become camp.

This game is akin to a horrible movie upon its release, its now attained CULT or CAMP status.

WTF am I saying???

Think "The Rocky, Horror Picture Show"

http://youtu.be/ZbpJb7hjb7M

Or this

http://youtu.be/TdUsyXQ8Wrs

As much as I try, with so many reasons, I just can't hate this game.

Its just too darn camp to hate!!! LMFAO

randconn
11-19-2015, 02:25 PM
I've been locked out for 24hrs this game is getting to be more trouble than entertainment

randconn
11-19-2015, 02:26 PM
Same for me here

elangomatt
11-20-2015, 12:35 AM
You should add the old bugs that still exist too. The two most annoying ones to me are that Atk/Def stats are still wrong in the profile on Android and in iOS you have to play russian roulette when attacking down your rivals list since you can't see 99.9% of the rank icons.

beerandbones22
11-20-2015, 09:31 AM
Droid here I have a couple issues with update. Can't build walls for my faction and when I switch accounts the game hangs on the start up screen and never opens. Only way to get game to load is downgrade to 5.2.2 and update again. Please fix very tired of it already.

killing fields
11-20-2015, 09:34 AM
Still cant open mw its 3 days now ��And Gree doesnt answer my mails . Im playing this game for 3years now and realy thinking to stop with it . That isnt difficult i cant start the game anyway

Flash0810
11-20-2015, 09:47 AM
This part is stupid. I'm sitting here with a new LG G4 phone with 32gb and the game refuses to load. Been one this for almost a week now. The phone is almost completely empty so there shouldn't be an issue with space as I'm always cleaning this up.

Thanks GREE.........

Mrs Cash
11-20-2015, 11:39 AM
AMAZING! They release a new feature, that doesn't work, don't fix bugs, and create new bugs.
There are no printable words...

ROEBWAN
11-24-2015, 09:11 AM
I'm on an old tab2 and can't get gold. Uninstall and reinstall and still no gold. Watching vids but no gold. This sucks.

Tee
11-24-2015, 09:21 AM
No more bugs and glitches for me. I deleted the game. I win. :)

Agent Orange
11-24-2015, 09:48 AM
Yup you and many others last weekend......