PDA

View Full Version : Memory Lane of Modern War

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-17-2015, 04:11 PM
Just in case, the YOU know what happens sooner, rather than later; I thought we could share funny, sad, happy, good, or bad stories of the way it was - way back when...

So, I remember the very first WD.
No one knew what to expect, but after one battle, not one faction mate complained.
In fact, throughout that entire weekend, people couldn't get enough of WD.
Ahh, the good old days....

Agent Orange
11-17-2015, 04:18 PM
Yes those were the good old days when the game was fun and we became close team mates and good friends.

Big John
11-17-2015, 11:03 PM
The funniest thing I read was Poopenshire getting attacked by the chocolate sub.

WBS
11-18-2015, 06:52 AM
The game was fun then. WD added great game entertainment as well as factions. We didn't know what we were doing at first but it was fun donating and working together to be faster than many to climb the ranks and get faction bonuses.

I still play with friends from when factions were created. It's a cool experience making bonds with teammates over a game app but I burns if we were to meet in person we could greet each other with a hand shake and a how's it going brother. Those players are the only reason I still play.

HellRaizer
11-18-2015, 06:59 AM
Even before factions it was fun the watch the crate event battles...

I only took place heavily in one, and was for the fusion apc (+1 building upgrade).. Cant remember if that was just before factions or after..

thescondo
11-18-2015, 07:16 AM
I remember prizes given out inside my faction for top PVP player 100$ itune for first and $50 for second place

giz
11-18-2015, 07:43 AM
I remember hating fl when it first started off. Now me and another of our factions officers love it we've observed the intricacies of it and when we are running battles rarely loose a battle

Captain Steelman
11-18-2015, 12:12 PM
Even before factions it was fun the watch the crate event battles...

I only took place heavily in one, and was for the fusion apc (+1 building upgrade).. Cant remember if that was just before factions or after..

Before factions... I remember the dude that wan... What was his name..? PJ, Pirate Justice..?

WBS
11-18-2015, 12:53 PM
I remember the top 250 prize was ayian class destroyer with 800/800 stats

Mr T Perfect
11-18-2015, 01:23 PM
i used to love proper streaking in a small faction. 3 am phone calls to get in game to hit as it was a close one.

TriggerHappy crew went 276 v 0 as a streak team when WD started.

The legend that was Cosmic-Trigger as a strategic mastermind.

And everyone just wanted someone to beat PUN

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-18-2015, 02:21 PM
I remember the first time I communicated with Ferry.
We spoke because Ferry and JOKER aka PIRATE ENFORCER had become friends with Ferry.
I found Ferry to be a very likeable man, and a gentleman.
Overtime, he and I became friends.
Ferry had decided to relinquish control of the faction he founded, and he and I did three, maybe four WDS together.
The guy was all business once the clock began, and he tapped endlessly for the entire 60 minutes, unless we were way ahead.

I'd often wonder why he couldn't take out PUN.
I think he could have, and just chose not to do so.
Ferry and Joker, two gentlemen, and class acts.

carl9764
11-20-2015, 05:10 AM
Just in case, the YOU know what happens sooner, rather than later; I thought we could share funny, sad, happy, good, or bad stories of the way it was - way back when...

So, I remember the very first WD.
No one knew what to expect, but after one battle, not one faction mate complained.
In fact, throughout that entire weekend, people couldn't get enough of WD.
Ahh, the good old days....

That's when Funzio owned the game who put FUN in to the game

elangomatt
11-20-2015, 06:36 AM
Yeah, people couldn't get enough of that first WD but then the complaining started right after when we found out that they were only giving 2 weekends before the next WD event. IIRC Gree(d) has only deviated from that stupid 1 WD every 3 weeks rule once or maybe twice in all this time.

Jhenry02
11-21-2015, 05:52 PM
You tell em elangomatt

Jaebee
11-21-2015, 06:56 PM
Deleting from my iPad, that's a pretty fond memory!

Bloodlust_revenge
11-21-2015, 07:33 PM
PR1 beating SUP in battle then rank was pretty good. Was good to finally knock the smirk off Barneys face :)

Agent Orange
12-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Before factions... I remember the dude that wan... What was his name..? PJ, Pirate Justice..?

And how about General Insane? Perhaps the greatest MW player of all…..