PDA

View Full Version : Shutdown the forums?

HellRaizer
11-16-2015, 10:19 AM
I know it may seem ridiculous, but I honestly think the forums no longer live up to their purpose.

Gree don't use them to communicate.
User issues aren't answered
Trolls can keep trolling

I could go on...

But the forums just don't seem to have a purpose other than some banter

So why not shut them down and save that little $$ it takes to keep them running..

thescondo
11-16-2015, 10:21 AM
Agree - seems like there are only 5 posts a day - No one's even trolling anymore

Big John
11-16-2015, 11:17 AM
Are you sure you haven't got this the wrong way round?

Annihilator2
11-16-2015, 12:15 PM
Communication in the forum shows general interest to the game. People lost patience to wait bug fixes and when gree will take their opinion into account.

WBS
11-16-2015, 02:16 PM
I think the lack of interest in forums is parallel to the lack of interest in the game. When the games mechanics such as stats and income per hour mean nothing the game is useless to play. Add the never ending glitches and we have a poor run game by a company who only knows how to gouge whales. I don't think many play because the game is fun but to continue to play with old time faction friends. We have become a strictly streak WD team and a perfect node FL team. We don't care about rank at all anymore as it is basically useless.

HellRaizer
11-16-2015, 02:23 PM
The majority of my faction have now moved onto the game"Tiny Troopers: Alliance" .. It's like CoC but your alliance enters an battle every Fri-Sun and you face about 4 other groups.. Then a bit like CoC you try to get a 3 star (bullet) kills .. Difference being unlimited battles and enemies chosen randomly..

Not a perfect game.. A few crashing glitches on older devices, but cash gets a lot more, and support seem to be much more active (even on the forum)

good gawd noooo
11-16-2015, 02:54 PM
Thanks razor will check out that game shut down my faction a while back and left ids in one faction to help them finish off bonuses. But the team had no activity but can't blame them.. So now looking for something else to do

Captain Buck Slayer
11-16-2015, 09:45 PM
I think the forums should stay.. It's kinda our only way to voice our opinions to GREE other than support.. Plus recruiting.. People still come here when they need a faction believe it or not..

J-manKometh96
11-17-2015, 01:07 AM
I thought the forum was the game now. I mean it has less bugs and is generally more fun....

Kefa
11-17-2015, 10:17 AM
I have a better idea. Bring back "community managers" and company reps to liaison with the customers, but this time actually respect the customers and show some appreciation for those from where the income originates. Do they really think the equipment experiment a year ago failed due to too much interaction with the customers, and that this new HQ thing will succeed by not telling anyone about it or how it works?

HellRaizer
11-17-2015, 11:09 AM
I have a better idea. Bring back "community managers" and company reps to liaison with the customers, but this time actually respect the customers and show some appreciation for those from where the income originates. Do they really think the equipment experiment a year ago failed due to too much interaction with the customers, and that this new HQ thing will succeed by not telling anyone about it or how it works?

I would agree with that.. Asked the same the last month.. Can only hope

J-manKometh96
11-17-2015, 12:23 PM
Adding two community managers would require expanding their current workforce by nearly 40%. GREE can't afford such expenditures!

Agent Orange
11-17-2015, 04:22 PM
Adding two community managers would require expanding their current workforce by nearly 40%. GREE can't afford such expenditures!

Which is why they are destined to fail. Happy customers spend, unhappy customers do not.

I think the main problem is that it is difficult to find people who actually understand the game(s) and can actually pry answers out of the developers. So really this looks to me like a company that is disfunctional which is usually the kiss of death.

HellRaizer
11-18-2015, 12:28 AM
Which is why they are destined to fail. Happy customers spend, unhappy customers do not.

I think the main problem is that it is difficult to find people who actually understand the game(s) and can actually pry answers out of the developers. So really this looks to me like a company that is disfunctional which is usually the kiss of death.

Well it seems like my friendly advise was met with the censor hammer .. History of the game or even these forums is no longer remembered by either devs or volunteers

J-manKometh96
11-18-2015, 12:57 AM
Amazingly, the less moderation we have, the better everyone behaves. Maybe some should take a cue from that?

HellRaizer
11-18-2015, 01:59 AM
Wise words..

On a side note.. I made a terrible mistake and now I cant correct it.. I said folders needed for epic boss rather than raid boss and now its set in stone :(

Agent Orange
11-18-2015, 05:13 AM
Amazingly, the less moderation we have, the better everyone behaves. Maybe some should take a cue from that?

And that is the problem isn't it. When you take someone who is clueless about the subject they have to police or just on a power trip you get the mess we wind up with in terms of heavy handed censorship.

About the only thing we can do about it is to report these issues and hope that someone within the company puts a stop to it by using the triangle at the bottom left of the rogue moderators post(s).

Agent Orange
11-18-2015, 05:17 AM
Wise words..

On a side note.. I made a terrible mistake and now I cant correct it.. I said folders needed for epic boss rather than raid boss and now its set in stone :(

Personally I chalk that up to that English accent of yours. :rolleyes:

HellRaizer
11-18-2015, 06:02 AM
Personally I chalk that up to that English accent of yours. :rolleyes:

If you want to read out any of my posts you'll have to add an (nothern) Irish accent to it .. Sounding a bit like Liam Neeson

Agent Orange
11-18-2015, 08:47 AM
If you want to read out any of my posts you'll have to add an (nothern) Irish accent to it .. Sounding a bit like Liam Neeson

Even better! Perhaps do a youtube video extrolling the virtues er epic failures of the gree using that accent and local slang.... :p

HellRaizer
11-18-2015, 10:25 AM
Even better! Perhaps do a youtube video extrolling the virtues er epic failures of the gree using that accent and local slang.... :p

Unfortunately that might be the final nail in my coffin with my past peers. I have already be castrated and reminded of my social ranking privately and that my past position does not entitle me to offer helpful tidbits.. So a youtube, Irish accented video may be construed as slanderous:) .. I'll take my medicine now