PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Earth to Gree, anybody home?

Mrs Cash
11-10-2015, 03:25 PM
Gree needs to let us know what the heck is going on with the latest cluster eff, PERIOD!
Why is it so difficult to get an explanation of new (or altered) events?!?

Vile Lynn
11-10-2015, 03:40 PM
Hate to keep posting this, but here it goes...

GREE does not have to tell us anything. GREE hosts these forums as a courtesy for players to help players. Actually, they don't even have to host it, so be thankful they keep it going! And, lower your expectations. When they do post the occasional announcement, consider it a gift.

Bad Fish
11-10-2015, 03:45 PM
Gree can answer right now. They're all at counseling learning how to improve on their communicate skills & being more sensitive to everyone's needs.

SuzieCC
11-10-2015, 04:22 PM
If you look at Sirus' profile you'll notice his last log in was OCTOBER 30th.. Shy of two weeks - i think that says it all about how much he/they care about the players & getting us the info we ask for.

Vile Lynn
11-10-2015, 04:28 PM
If you look at Sirus' profile you'll notice his last log in was OCTOBER 30th.. Shy of two weeks - i think that says it all about how much he/they care about the players & getting us the info we ask for.

Maybe Sirius is on vacation or busy with a family or personal emergency. Don't be so quick to judge. They are human afterall & stuff happens.

Dipstik
11-10-2015, 05:02 PM
We need a complaints sub forum.

crime cow
11-10-2015, 05:05 PM
If Sirius is on vacation or has a family emergency then someone should be covering for him/her. Sorry, I hope everything is okay with Sirius, but there really isn't an excuse for this kind of incompetence. You're right, Gree doesn't owe us anything. Only companies that care about revenues, profits or long-term success would be concerned about their customers. Have you seen how Gree's revenues and profits are dropping? Did you hear about the latest round of layoffs a few months ago? If that's what agree considers success then I would say "keep up the great work!" Honestly, the way this forum has been run since A&F left they may as well shut it down...

Dipstik
11-10-2015, 05:20 PM
A&F was a joke compared to ccm. Thats why he got a better job.

Bad Fish
11-10-2015, 05:44 PM
keep up the great work!

Glad to see you are satisfied with your gaming experience. About time someone made a positive post.

Evan1000
11-10-2015, 06:36 PM

GREE does not have to tell us anything. GREE hosts these forums as a courtesy for players to help players. Actually, they don't even have to host it, so be thankful they keep it going! And, lower your expectations. When they do post the occasional announcement, consider it a gift.

*resists urge to make sarcastic remarks* hate that you actually believe that

namedud
11-10-2015, 06:39 PM

Your entitlement is showing.

Vile Lynn
11-10-2015, 06:51 PM
We need a complaints sub forum.
Every forum is a complaints subforum.

...the way this forum has been run since A&F left they may as well shut it down...
A&F never left. She still posts in the KA Forum every once in a while.

It's too bad more customers don't believe that, including free customers and real players.

crime cow
11-10-2015, 07:24 PM
A&F left as forum moderator, or manager, or whatever she was. I didn't come to the forum for the first six months or year or so I played the game, and then took longer to set up a forum account, so I don't remember CCM and wouldn't be able to tell if you are being serious or not, but I'm assuming you are. Makes sense though, since if you follow the timeline from CCM to A&F to now its been a steady slope downhill and Gree's results reflect the same trend. Gee, maybe there really is something to this whole 'customer service' idea...

Idiosyncrasy
11-10-2015, 07:49 PM
Crime City Mark (CCM) was one of the first community managers - actually, he was titled as Deceloper - when Funzio developed Crime City. Good stuff happened back then. Then bad stuff happened. They deleted his account and all of his posts with no explanation other than what was leaked by others. You can tell a lot about a company by how they treat their employees, especially their public relations folks.

CCM hosted an AMA every now and then, which commonly stands for Ask Me Anything, also which he cleverly coined as Ask Mark Anything. Interactive and direct feedback. Good stuff. I started an AMA thread later that actually got some developer/community managers involved and that was cool, but the interactive and direct feedback was never the same.

Anyway, a little history on CCM.

namedud
11-10-2015, 11:36 PM
Serious question, if you can just re-skin the same game ad-infinitum, using the same style of stat building and gradual inflation, why would you need "customer service"?

Nighteg
11-11-2015, 03:38 AM

So basically, a company doesn't owe anything to it's paying costumers? Is that gree-logic breaking through?

nazgul
11-11-2015, 04:30 AM
So basically, a company doesn't owe anything to it's paying costumers? Is that gree-logic breaking through?

No, not really. Vile didn't say that this was a *good* policy, or that a company that largely ignores its customer base will find long term success. But I agree that they don't *owe* paying customers anything outside of what is stated in the T&C of the game.

That said, as I've stated many times before, I think it is a shame that they don't communicate more. We're just left guessing as to why they do some of the things they do.

Dipstik
11-11-2015, 06:42 AM
Aside from "oops, we screwed up, and here's when you can expect it to be fixed," I wish they'd give us LESS information. There's not much in this game that requires any thought whatsoever, but figuring out how to optimize your play in an event is one of the best ways to gain a leg up on inferior players. Making it easier just levels the playing field.

Mrs Cash
11-11-2015, 06:46 AM

Its something called common courtesy.
If any game rolls out something new, an explanation should be given as to how to acquire those goals.
Pissing in the wind is never a good thing.

Rickdee
11-11-2015, 07:31 AM

This statement is such BS... How hard is it to make a pop up with a tutorial on the app?( obviously really hard) I play many app games and Gree is the only one who flings crap against the wall and makes the players figure it out as they go. And they wonder why their player base is dwindling

muff jnr
11-11-2015, 08:09 AM

And that is why this game has went down the toilet, each new event or update I expect that there's gonna be a problem with it. Where's the fun in that?

Vile Lynn
11-11-2015, 08:27 AM
This statement is such BS... How hard is it to make a pop up with a tutorial on the app?( obviously really hard) I play many app games and Gree is the only one who flings crap against the wall and makes the players figure it out as they go. And they wonder why their player base is dwindling

Sucks when BS is the truth, eh? lol!

I guess you forgot about the tutorial when you first began playing, and the tutorial when we first log in to SA, and the FAQs in game (Menu>More...>Help>FAQ), and the little blue circles with "?" in the corners of each event with event info, etc... Yeah, must be really hard to miss those. :rolleyes:

This is not a hard game to figure out.

Evan1000
11-11-2015, 08:35 AM
Aside from "oops, we screwed up, and here's when you can expect it to be fixed," I wish they'd give us LESS information. There's not much in this game that requires any thought whatsoever, but figuring out how to optimize your play in an event is one of the best ways to gain a leg up on inferior players. Making it easier just levels the playing field.

I'd agree, but the "oops we screwed up" is all we're asking for. We're not asking for a detailed explanation of every game update that comes out, most of it really is self explanatory, and that's what the forums are for as well. Players helping other players with game tips, etc. But I would like to see a company that takes responsibility for when it messes up and at least does SOMETHING to try and fix it.. not avoid the forum at all possible costs and avoiding player issues that need addressing. That I certainly don't agree with.

Their customer service has also got progressingly worse. A year ago I could email them asking for a 25 gold refund on an accidental purchase and they would get back to me the next day with a refund. Now I email them asking if they can tell me the duration of the next battle for EC and they get back to me literally a week later with a "sorry, as a support team we don't have the exact update regarding battle for empire city time duration." What kind of support team doesn't get game updates exactly? Is that a joke? How are they supposed to help customers if they don't receive game updates?

Dipstik
11-11-2015, 08:37 AM
I wouldn't try speaking for anyone but yourself, Evan. That's exactly what many people are asking for.

xWolfSlayerx
11-11-2015, 08:43 AM
I wouldn't try speaking for anyone but yourself, Evan. That's exactly what many people are asking for.

I hate to say this but I'm going to agree with you, for once.

Vile Lynn
11-11-2015, 08:48 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2pYBMH8GpBA/TWQse5KEPTI/AAAAAAAAAFE/4RAdUuIodgw/s1600/homer_eating_popcorn.jpg

xWolfSlayerx
11-11-2015, 08:58 AM
A&F never left. She still posts in the KA Forum every once in a while.
Last time she posted was 6 days ago about 1 week ago and she's the one that gets paid. I would actually have to blame Sirius for going on a vacation because we're the reason he even has a vacation, we are the ones providing him with the pay check and money. GREE does owe us as we are the ones that provide them with the money so they should do better.

Dipstik
11-11-2015, 09:14 AM
I hate to say this but I'm going to agree with you, for once.

Eventually, everyone does.

xWolfSlayerx
11-11-2015, 09:17 AM
Eventually, everyone does.

Evan won't, he's still that immature 12 year old.

Dipstik
11-11-2015, 09:28 AM
Pfft... you have no idea. Evan's pretty much a little puppy following me around begging for approval. Once he gets a sense of humor and some critical thinking skills, we'll probably be BFFs.

xWolfSlayerx
11-11-2015, 11:25 AM
Pfft... you have no idea. Evan's pretty much a little puppy following me around begging for approval. Once he gets a sense of humor and some critical thinking skills, we'll probably be BFFs.

I'd say give him another 10 years first when his brain is fully developed, maybe even 20 as his brain and him are sort of, special.

crime cow
11-11-2015, 11:42 AM

IF Evan acquired those two traits and then you two became BFF's, that would prove the theory that opposites attract.

I don't know why the concept of information sharing is so tough for some people to comprehend. Gree is in business to make money, the way they are operating now is not encouraging people to spend gold. If you think you are getting a leg up on someone because you figured out a trick in an event first you are wrong. A hundred other people already beat you to it and shared it on chat apps. The only people you outsmarted are those who don't take the game that seriously.

Launching an update that crashes people's phones and then posting a locked sticky saying 'oops,' does not cut it. If Gree shared a calendar of events, real information about bugs and other game mechanics and even answered an occasional question they would be in a much better situation. Of course, launching events bug-free would help a lot too. Explain to me how having a leader board in which no one understands the tie-breakers is helpful. Likewise, how is launching new donations to the syndicate without those items being live a good way to build revenue? Guess what, everyone that blew threw stamina and energy trying to get those items is not feeling like they are playing the game, they are annoyed that they spent time and effort looking for things that don't exist.

If you're going to host a forum, it's not unreasonable to expect that it would be used to proactively share info. Otherwise their are chat apps that work much better and the forum becomes a cesspool of complainers and basement-dwellers trying to build their post counts. And yes, I am in the cesspool with everyone else...

Evan1000
11-11-2015, 11:43 AM
I'd say give him another 10 years first when his brain is fully developed, maybe even 20 as his brain and him are sort of, special.

Well a post to that extent wouldn't come from just a dislike of my posts. If you have a problem with me, please pm me on line @Evan1000 and I will gladly respond, even with an apology if I did something to offend you. But considering I barely have any idea who you are, and you don't post here much, I doubt it.

Otherwise, your post is irrelevant, and I'll kindly ask you to stay on topic.

Nighteg
11-11-2015, 12:02 PM
If you're going to host a forum, it's not unreasonable to expect that it would be used to proactively share info. Otherwise their are chat apps that work much better and the forum becomes a cesspool of complainers and basement-dwellers trying to build their post counts. And yes, I am in the cesspool with everyone else...

Moreover, some of the support tickets advice to visit here.
Here's a response i got:
Please make sure to check out our forums regularly, as we try our hardest to get you guys updated on new events, game changes, contests and more. That's also a great place to voice your opinion and ideas on all things, as well.

https://i.imgur.com/iWKad22.jpg

Liam0429
11-11-2015, 12:10 PM
It would be really nice to know how a person can obtain the Legal power item. Or any of the other items that we need for the new feature!

Rodimus
11-11-2015, 12:17 PM
Awesome thread thus far. Confident GREE has seen the comments, complaints, concerns, gripes, and suggestions. Remember, keep it clean and civil to continue to voice your opinions.

11-11-2015, 12:38 PM

^^ This is the most preposterous statement I think I have ever read.

Gungho
11-11-2015, 12:43 PM
If we all put expectations to absolute zero, it can only go up from here.... I know I'm close... Think about that.

On the other hand we are not forced to play the game or to buy gold.

crime cow
11-11-2015, 01:02 PM
I think nighteg's post above is the best one I've read in a long time.

xWolfSlayerx
11-11-2015, 02:00 PM

Well a post to that extent wouldn't come from just a dislike of my posts. If you have a problem with me, please pm me on line @Evan1000 and I will gladly respond, even with an apology if I did something to offend you. But considering I barely have any idea who you are, and you don't post here much, I doubt it.

Otherwise, your post is irrelevant, and I'll kindly ask you to stay on topic.

How would you not know who I am? My main account was 'Ant venom' until I decided to make a new one which is this one.

xWolfSlayerx
11-11-2015, 02:04 PM
Here's a response i got:

I'm pretty sure they tell us to go on the Forums in an attempt to ignore us and then have VL talk about them hosting this Forum being a gift from them to us and thus ignoring us completely and receiving the money they need.

Evan1000
11-11-2015, 02:16 PM
How would you not know who I am? My main account was 'Ant venom' until I decided to make a new one which is this one.

Oh you're that guy. Never understood why he (well you) didn't liked me either. So seriously, if there's something that I did please pm me and I will gladly try to fix it/work it out.

If not, lay off with the posts. Thanks.

PC77
11-11-2015, 02:19 PM
Awesome thread thus far. Confident GREE has seen the comments, complaints, concerns, gripes, and suggestions. Remember, keep it clean and civil to continue to voice your opinions.

I'm confident they haven't seen the comments etc... And if they have, they don't give 2 fiddlers. Kinda hard to "keep it clean" when I can't get do 5 attacks in a row without getting thrown out of the game every single time. Just as well I'm not leader of my syn, haven't been able to check syndicate page in over 24 hrs now either.
But hey, let's all hold hands, keep it clean and belt out a version of Kumbayah

namedud
11-11-2015, 03:02 PM
Here's a response i got:

They are trying their hardest, apparently. 'A' for effort, I guess, but trying hard is not synonymous with performing well.

That being said, if they're trying the best they can and the end result is still unsatisfactory, getting upset about it won't change anything. End of the day, the business is to earn profit, not provide fun.

Vile Lynn
11-11-2015, 03:27 PM
^^ This is the most preposterous statement I think I have ever read.

You don't read much, do you? :rolleyes:

Edited to qualify:

You don't read [many of my posts]*, do you?
I often make preposterous statements. :cool:

#smug

Rodimus
11-11-2015, 04:05 PM
I can't get do 5 attacks in a row without getting thrown out of the game every single time.

Question? Once that issue is resolved, would YOU exhibit customer satisfaction?

Just as well I'm not leader of my syn

Yeah, No, that's not an issue that GREE is concerned with.

haven't been able to check syndicate page in over 24 hrs now either.

Again, another issue that once is addressed and remedied should enhance your player experience.

But hey, let's all hold hands, keep it clean and belt out a version of Kumbayah

Just bring the s'mores and plenty of 'em

Bad Fish
11-11-2015, 06:16 PM
Just bring the s'mores and plenty of 'em

My favorite part of s'mores is throwing burning marshmallows at people.

xWolfSlayerx
11-11-2015, 07:40 PM
They are trying their hardest, apparently. 'A' for effort, I guess, but trying hard is not synonymous with performing well.

That being said, if they're trying the best they can and the end result is still unsatisfactory, getting upset about it won't change anything. End of the day, the business is to earn profit, not provide fun.
Exactly, that's like saying you tried on a test or something that you failed or lost.

Idiokus
11-12-2015, 03:25 AM
Hey all @ Rodimus ... Still issues with bundles / purchases tons of crashing . The fix coming soon ? Any update about this ?

surfcfc
11-12-2015, 04:42 AM
Could someone please tell me why I keep getting Syndicate errors? Just wanna join one so I can contribute my Uzi's and cash. Bit of a newbie so apologies. I have emailed Gree a number of times, no reply. Usually they're so on the ball. Cheers.

Portnoy
11-12-2015, 04:53 AM
Syndicates r locked.....RB in progress....they'll open when it ends for like and hour before getting locked again for war...

Rodimus
11-12-2015, 04:53 AM
Hey all @ Rodimus ... Still issues with bundles / purchases tons of crashing . The fix coming soon ? Any update about this ?

The CC dev teams are aware of the frustrations that the community experiencing and are working diligently behind the scenes on the numerous issues that are affecting Crime City. Once those issues have been resolved they will let the community know, I assure you.

rotmang
11-12-2015, 04:56 AM
Could someone please tell me why I keep getting Syndicate errors? Just wanna join one so I can contribute my Uzi's and cash. Bit of a newbie so apologies. I have emailed Gree a number of times, no reply. Usually they're so on the ball. Cheers.

Syndicates are lockt during this event (and many more btw). After event ends you got a real short window of time to join one before next event starts and syns are lockt again.

surfcfc
11-12-2015, 05:03 AM
Ok thanks for the replies guys. I'm completely confused by the whole thing tbh but like I said, just wanna join a decent syn so that I can contribute, that's all. If anyone has got one I can join that would be awesome, just let me know the code.

HavingFun
11-12-2015, 05:10 AM
The CC dev teams are aware of the frustrations that the community experiencing and are working diligently behind the scenes on the numerous issues that are affecting Crime City. Once those issues have been resolved they will let the community know, I assure you.

Lol
Extra..

Idiokus
11-12-2015, 05:57 AM
Thank you Rodimus ... Good day to you and all here .

Nighteg
11-12-2015, 07:15 AM
the cc dev teams are aware of the frustrations that the community experiencing and are working diligently behind the scenes on the numerous issues that are affecting crime city. Once those issues have been resolved they will let the community know, i assure you.

LOL
Extra LOL

lurcher
11-12-2015, 10:13 AM

Is that before or after HELL freezes over...LOL

Nighteg
11-12-2015, 10:13 AM
End of the day, the business is to earn profit, not provide fun.

Imagine a world where those 2 are interconnected.

crime cow
11-12-2015, 10:28 AM

That's crazy talk! Imagine how much more money Disney could return to their shareholders if they stopped giving a dang about their customers..."I'm sorry all the rides were closed kids and the characters weren't here and they were only serving day old hot dogs, but they're trying their best and complaining about it won't change anything. After all, our ticket only assures us we'll get through the gate. Maybe we'll have better luck at Epcot tomorrow. Hang on, let me go put some money in their donation box before we leave..."

Vile Lynn
11-12-2015, 10:38 AM
End of the day, the business is to earn profit, not provide fun.

http://d22zlbw5ff7yk5.cloudfront.net/images/stash-1-244250d58073b0ed1.jpeg

:confused: Should we take the red or blue pill?

PrHarry
11-12-2015, 10:38 AM
I think it would be a smart move by 'Gree' to join different games and forums to see how others do it. I play a couple of other games and the info before, during and after an event is great. If the dev team make a mistake they acknowledge it and either compensate the players or alter the next event to allow everyone to not loose out.
It's not that difficult but you can't change a tigers strips, or whatever the saying is

Vile Lynn
11-12-2015, 10:44 AM
That's crazy talk! Imagine how much more money Disney could return to their shareholders if they stopped giving a dang about their customers..."I'm sorry all the rides were closed kids and the characters weren't here and they were only serving day old hot dogs, but they're trying their best and complaining about it won't change anything. After all, our ticket only assures us we'll get through the gate. Maybe we'll have better luck at Epcot tomorrow. Hang on, let me go put some money in their donation box before we leave..."

lol!

"Congrats! You've just won Crime City! What are you going to do now?"

"I'm going to Disneyland!" ;) ;) ;)

F@st
11-12-2015, 11:01 AM
that Work now'for'buy gold ? Or not.....

Dat Guy
11-12-2015, 04:09 PM

And what if, once inside the park you could only spend "Gree" bucks. You can change your real money for "Gree" bucks at the gate. You see a huge sign for a new attraction called, "Mr Paul Ringo Wei's Wild Ride". That sounds pretty cool. So you buy some "Gree" bucks and head over to the ride. You hand some of your "Gree" bucks to the attendant and get in line. After an hour of waiting an announcement comes over the P.A. system.
"Sorry folks, but we are discontinuing this attraction for the time being and will update you on its future as soon as we possible".
"But don't worry"
"We have lots of new attractions for you to spend your "Gree" bucks on, like syndicate powers and pumpkins"
"Where are these attractions and what do they do"?
"Keep spending your "Gree" bucks and you will find out".

Best business model ever!

Rodimus
11-12-2015, 04:54 PM
The dev team is working on an updated version pending approval from apple to address game functionality upon startup. The lag and crashing that most are experiencing (myself included) will indeed be resolved with update of 6.71

Dipstik
11-12-2015, 05:07 PM
Will our accomplices do something?

HavingFun
11-12-2015, 05:32 PM
Will our accomplices do something?

Hahahahaha

Vile Lynn
11-12-2015, 06:28 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6jIIG09Gcg0/U1_rDdSLozI/AAAAAAAAAag/0e1bZMrNbxo/s1600/magic-8-ball.jpg

namedud
11-12-2015, 06:49 PM

Any sense of those two being interconnected with this style of game is an illusion, be it with gree, super cell, or any other company making these addictive time killer apps.

These games are all basically glossed up scratch n sniff lotto tickets, only you'll never win anything real. Put lipstick on the pig all you like, but if you spent your time hunched over tapping your phone or hunched over scratching lotto tickets, it's all the same in the end. Unless you're playing for free 24/7 like Evan to "have an edge" (or something) then you're just rubbing coins on used loser tickets.

Red BD
11-12-2015, 10:07 PM
Last time she (A&F posted) was 6 days ago about 1 week ago and she's the one that gets paid. I would actually have to blame Sirius for going on a vacation because we're the reason he even has a vacation, we are the ones providing him with the pay check and money. GREE does owe us as we are the ones that provide them with the money so they should do better.

@xWolfslayerx- have you ever even HAD a job? Does A&F's job description require or even suggest she deal with the Forum? How about Sirius? Are you serious Sirius seriously should forego an earned vacation from the company which employs him because you are having a hissy fit?

Care to give me advice on how I should do my job? I realize you have no clue what I do, but that doesn't seem to have stopped you with respect to Gree employees. Expand your horizons!

Winnson
11-13-2015, 05:04 AM
I wonder how long Gree will continue to function as a company.

I got the under on 2 years.

Dipstik
11-13-2015, 05:43 AM
I'll take the over.

Vile Lynn
11-13-2015, 06:31 AM
I'll take the over.

+1 way extra over

ghetto69143
11-13-2015, 06:47 AM
I wonder how long Gree will continue to function as a company.

I got the under on 2 years.

I will give -1

PC77
11-13-2015, 07:30 AM
I'm with Winnison on the under

Dipstik
11-13-2015, 07:43 AM
If we were actually betting I'd just sit back and take your money, but since we're not, I'll just point out that we currently live in a world where incompetence is allowed to linger for quite some time. Gree will lose market share, they will lay off employees, and they might stop making new games, but they can survive minimally by running a few servers for a LONG time. There's no way they'll be closing shop in two years.

Rodimus
11-13-2015, 12:22 PM
This game isn't going anywhere no time soon. I mean who can resist an Au sale to get a leg up on stats? (lookin' at you Black Friday)

Evan1000
11-13-2015, 12:58 PM
They need one of those 2x tapjoy gold on black Friday, haven't seen one of those in a while. Used to love those

kimberleyj
11-17-2015, 03:24 PM

Same could be said about gold players they are doing gree the courtesy of buying gold which they don't have to and gree should be thankful that people spend their hard earned money on this game.
At the end of the day no gold spenders means no game which means no pay check for the works at gree (I am not talking about you Lynn as i know you do this for free).
If the was no forum it wouldn't be much of a loss to be honest as the company gives little to no info about this game . But if game players stopped spending gold then that would be a big deal.
Gree is such an arrogant company .

xWolfSlayerx
11-17-2015, 06:20 PM
Same could be said about gold players they are doing gree the courtesy of buying gold which they don't have to and gree should be thankful that people spend their hard earned money on this game.
At the end of the day no gold spenders means no game which means no pay check for the works at gree (I am not talking about you Lynn as i know you do this for free).
If the was no forum it wouldn't be much of a loss to be honest as the company gives little to no info about this game . But if game players stopped spending gold then that would be a big deal.
Gree is such an arrogant company .

Actually Lynn doesn't do this for free. You get paid as a 'Volunteer' Forum Moderator with gold every month.

crime cow
11-17-2015, 07:12 PM
Moderators get $250 worth of gold every six months. I'd say that's pretty much working for free...

Evan1000
11-17-2015, 08:30 PM
Not anymore, they changed it up. You get I think 4k gold for every 6 months as a mod

TZora
11-18-2015, 07:49 AM
including free customers and real players.

ok let me hand over my next pay check to gree so that i too can be called a real player :D

crime cow
11-18-2015, 09:58 AM
Not anymore, they changed it up. You get I think 4k gold for every 6 months as a mod

That's what I get for thinking the thread that's so important they kept it stickied for three months would be up to date...

Winnson
11-18-2015, 10:21 AM
I'll take the over.

Maybe Gree will todder on and on for a long time to come, but Crime City is dead within two years of this post, unless you volunteer to host it Dippy.

I got the under on two years from this post, the game of Crime City by Gree is finished, unless you personally take it over.

Or some other company recognizes the value of the game and buys it out from Gree.

Dippy or some other company takes over Crime City servers, or the game is dead within two years.

Ship it.

Dipstik
11-18-2015, 10:41 AM
Maybe Gree will todder on and on for a long time to come, but Crime City is dead within two years of this post, unless you volunteer to host it Dippy.

I got the under on two years from this post, the game of Crime City by Gree is finished, unless you personally take it over.

Or some other company recognizes the value of the game and buys it out from Gree.

Dippy or some other company takes over Crime City servers, or the game is dead within two years.

Ship it.

I find it amusing that a person posting about how bad a mobile tap-tap game is argues that it will be dead within TWO YEARS. What percentage of mobile app games even survive that long from start to finish? I understand that this is in the context of a game that's already been running four years, but people have been saying it was doomed since year 1. Crime city has had a good long life.

Winnson
11-19-2015, 06:13 AM
Sure, but I think we're entering old age now.

Bad Fish
11-19-2015, 09:26 AM
I'll pass CC down to my children's children so they get the enjoyment of playing too.

Vile Lynn
11-20-2015, 09:54 AM
I'll pass CC down to my children's children so they get the enjoyment of playing too.

lol, that's a ToS violation. Busted! ;)

Btw, I've been offline: busy with RL. (I know, shocking!)

I did get paid with game-gold when I started posting in green, not every month: 1 lump sum for the 6 months, and the Mod Recruitment Sticky Thread up there ^^ is current, up-to-date & correct. Anybody else want in? :cool: They're still taking applicants! Somebody will have to replace me in March 2016!
I'd probably do this for free since I'm (usually) here anyway, but the gold is nice tbh. It's a lot more fun battling in war with gold, for sure! I'm milking every bar!

I really wish GREE would use this forum more... like for winner's lists, developer notes on game updates, winner's lists, post event info/rewards, winner's lists, etc... And, people in Hell want ice water, but it isn't gonna happen, apparently.

...just enjoy the game & forum while we can ;)

Idiosyncrasy
11-20-2015, 10:21 AM
I find it amusing that a person posting about how bad a mobile tap-tap game is argues that it will be dead within TWO YEARS. What percentage of mobile app games even survive that long from start to finish? I understand that this is in the context of a game that's already been running four years, but people have been saying it was doomed since year 1. Crime city has had a good long life.

This. Crime City has been "dead within 6 months" for over 4 years.

I'm not sure how the game has evolved in recent time, but they figured out the formula. Certain levels of uncertainty of results (aka gambling) with varying levels of tiered incentive-based risk adversity mixed with certain levels of payout/relief. Find a theme with a niche that can stay fresh and you're in business. Gotta make sure the micro-transactions and alternative currency are incorporated, of course, to keep the bills paid and to stay out of legal trouble, respectively.

Here's to another four years of watching the tears.