PDA

View Full Version : Pointless boosts !!!

Hobbs
11-06-2015, 12:52 PM
I know it has been said many times before....
I know I'm probably wasting my time....
But HEY!
On the off chance someone from GREE may see this...
WHY DO WE CONTINUE TO GET THE SAME OLD BOOSTS EVENT AFTER EVENT?
Let's have some variety and let's see the boosts players actually want to win,it would create a long overdue buzz if we were to see:

Health Regen.
Energy Regen.
More Double/Triple Strike.

Instead we see pointless boosts such as:

Mission payout.
Casualty reduction.
Fight valour payout.
Raid valour payout.
Building output.

All the above are pointless!

Let's see these introduced throughout the prize tiers,they may not make much of a difference to the very top factions but they would really help the lower tiers and newer accounts out there.
I believe this will Benefit the game and maybe turn around this once great game.

HellRaizer
11-06-2015, 01:49 PM
Unfortunately the community team where sacked.. We now have peace keepers that only post locked sticky threads once every few weeks.

As result the forum is losing conversation/interest as fast as players are quitting the game.

Be thankful for each day you can play the game for free. There are a number of well developed/supported alternatives..

As an example, I sent a question to supercell regarding adding air attacks to boom beach.. I got a great email back explaining that they had researched into but wouldn't progress as it went against the concept and then listed the negatives that it would introduce.. It was an insightful window into their thinking.. The best you will from here (support) is, your information has been passed to dev.. Then an email a few days down the line asking to rate the service

Pidgeot
11-06-2015, 02:44 PM
Unfortunately the community team where sacked.. We now have peace keepers that only post locked sticky threads once every few weeks.

As result the forum is losing conversation/interest as fast as players are quitting the game.

Be thankful for each day you can play the game for free. There are a number of well developed/supported alternatives..

As an example, I sent a question to supercell regarding adding air attacks to boom beach.. I got a great email back explaining that they had researched into but wouldn't progress as it went against the concept and then listed the negatives that it would introduce.. It was an insightful window into their thinking.. The best you will from here (support) is, your information has been passed to dev.. Then an email a few days down the line asking to rate the service

Wow, you had that interaction? I never seen a dev that did something like that.

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-06-2015, 02:48 PM
The boostesses ain't the only pointless thing, jes sayin', yo!!!!

Brown Out
11-06-2015, 08:26 PM
:::::

tl;dr Jay

clown
11-07-2015, 12:52 PM
I know it has been said many times before....
I know I'm probably wasting my time....
But HEY!
On the off chance someone from GREE may see this...
WHY DO WE CONTINUE TO GET THE SAME OLD BOOSTS EVENT AFTER EVENT?
Let's have some variety and let's see the boosts players actually want to win,it would create a long overdue buzz if we were to see:

Health Regen.
Energy Regen.
More Double/Triple Strike.

Instead we see pointless boosts such as:

Mission payout.
Casualty reduction.
Fight valour payout.
Raid valour payout.
Building output.

All the above are pointless!

Let's see these introduced throughout the prize tiers,they may not make much of a difference to the very top factions but they would really help the lower tiers and newer accounts out there.
I believe this will Benefit the game and maybe turn around this once great game.

If you're trying to incentivize lower tiers and newer accounts the simplest answer is to begin releasing the the old boost units (bridge jumper, etc) in the normal goal chains and lower levels of prestige goal chains. DO NOT adjust their atk/def stats for inflation and set them as non-stackable. Most top players don't benefit from the prizes dropped at these stages anyhow so this would really be to the benefit of newer and lower tiered accounts.

Funktacular
11-07-2015, 02:12 PM
Speaking of energy regen, what are some of the biggest at?

Hobbs
11-08-2015, 01:16 AM
If you're trying to incentivize lower tiers and newer accounts the simplest answer is to begin releasing the the old boost units (bridge jumper, etc) in the normal goal chains and lower levels of prestige goal chains. DO NOT adjust their atk/def stats for inflation and set them as non-stackable. Most top players don't benefit from the prizes dropped at these stages anyhow so this would really be to the benefit of newer and lower tiered accounts.

I'm saying introduce more,don't think it's fair on those who got the bridge jumper etc... To have this as a prize that is useless to them.
Better to add new ones,if a new prize has 5% health Regen for example it would have little impact on those who have earlier unit's but a nice boost to newer account with low Health Regen.

clown
11-08-2015, 07:30 AM
I'm saying introduce more,don't think it's fair on those who got the bridge jumper etc... To have this as a prize that is useless to them.
Better to add new ones,if a new prize has 5% health Regen for example it would have little impact on those who have earlier unit's but a nice boost to newer account with low Health Regen.

The only problem with that is that you are overlooking the business model for the last 2+ yrs which has been more more more. Most event requirements are built around a set of assumptions (regen times, stats) that newer accounts can't even begin to accomplish and what can be accomplished the boosts provided are useless as you pointed out originally. I agree that they could put smaller boosts in at the higher levels that would benefit long time players but there also needs to be a pathway for younger accounts to become competitive especially if you want to award new regen boosts. New regen boosts will equal increased requirements and no doubt be placed out of reach for the vast majority of players and therefore making it even harder for newer accounts.

I'd like to see my lvl300+ account pick up an extra health or energy boost here and there but I would rather see the smaller accounts in my faction (lvl10-200ish) get excited and more engaged being able to accomplish more.

Hobbs
11-08-2015, 09:41 AM
The only problem with that is that you are overlooking the business model for the last 2+ yrs which has been more more more. Most event requirements are built around a set of assumptions (regen times, stats) that newer accounts can't even begin to accomplish and what can be accomplished the boosts provided are useless as you pointed out originally. I agree that they could put smaller boosts in at the higher levels that would benefit long time players but there also needs to be a pathway for younger accounts to become competitive especially if you want to award new regen boosts. New regen boosts will equal increased requirements and no doubt be placed out of reach for the vast majority of players and therefore making it even harder for newer accounts.

I'd like to see my lvl300+ account pick up an extra health or energy boost here and there but I would rather see the smaller accounts in my faction (lvl10-200ish) get excited and more engaged being able to accomplish more.

The younger accounts would benefit much more by new boosts as we know the more you have the less impact they have,and I agree they need to be spread through tiers and not exclusive to say top1-25.
As for GREE business model I've always thought its excessive when comparing to other games out there like Clash Of Clans Etc... But think that's for a different Thread.
Maybe have an event or two which is LEVEL RELATED!
Maybe an event for Levels up to 200 with boosts that can help establish those players in the game.
Could also run a event exclusive to lv201+ with different boosts... Just not Mission Payout etc.. As they are useless to all ;)

clown
11-08-2015, 12:13 PM
the business model is the parent problem so it does belong in this discussion. Using energy regen for example that would benefit and be obtainable for everyone would provide zero gain for younger accounts because energy required to complete something would just be increased the following cycle. The high value trinkets have been purposefully dangled for top100, then 50, and 25 then removed which has led to this gigantic imbalance. The only reasonable way I can see to correct this is to temporarily cater to the younger accounts (and no doubt a handful of long timers will benefit also) by redistributing old rewards while leaving the requirements at the ridiculous levels they're currently at. The top teams will continue to duke it out over the current prizing tier without adding health and energy at the top.

Gree has already proven on a couple of occasions that they are willing and able to retroactively apply rewards based on completing past goals. They did it when they changed ranking rewards and when they revamped the map completion goals. This leaves a couple of avenues for inserting old items.

1. Change the rank rewards again to old units providing permanent gains that aren't subject to being outdated by stat inflation and continue to unlock the current units in store

2. Create a goal chain that rewards leveling up using the same premise as the above mentioned rank rewards

Regardless of how anything is done, if anything is done at all, it is going to have to be heavily geared towards younger accounts in order to revitalize the game. I have no doubt that there's some long time players that may hate the idea of newbes getting these items that at one time they had to work hard for but without some major incentive for new and younger accounts theres not going to be a game.

Annihilator2
11-08-2015, 01:52 PM
Business model ;)
You smile!

Gree does not have business model. Indestructible bonuses cannot be part of any long term business model. Moreover, bonus shall not work if unit with the bonus is not in army.

But we only listen that stats inflation will be stopped... And we see mass rewarding with 20m units...

Hobbs
01-19-2016, 12:49 PM
Still waiting for some input from a Dev/Mod!!

The monotony of prizes still continues,always the same Event after Event,it's killing interest in the game.
It's long overdue to see the return of worthwhile boasts like:
Health Regen
Energy Regen

What's to lose?
It's would create much needed interest in these events and maybe make the game more fun competing for decent prizes,it's getting more boring with every event that passes and no surprise players are quitting on a regular basis..

WBS
01-19-2016, 05:32 PM
There is no boost worth anything right now. All I get is raid valor and mission payout boosts. How do those help anyone out? They don't, not even new players. I think Gree is on auto pilot raking in whatever cash flow they have left.

Rolinz
01-19-2016, 08:42 PM
Still waiting for some input from a Dev/Mod!!

The monotony of prizes still continues,always the same Event after Event,it's killing interest in the game.
It's long overdue to see the return of worthwhile boasts like:
Health Regen
Energy Regen

What's to lose?
It's would create much needed interest in these events and maybe make the game more fun competing for decent prizes,it's getting more boring with every event that passes and no surprise players are quitting on a regular basis..

The mon.keys are busy debating if they should go with 40% or 50% gold sale to keep the revenue flowing.

They can't fix anything and they are probably running out of ideas to suck more gold from the players.

They might be too worried to change the boosts since they might screw something up.

Either way, just give up asking for anything new or for them to fix anything.

It is easier to accept that there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

WBS
01-20-2016, 03:23 PM
The mon.keys are busy debating if they should go with 40% or 50% gold sale to keep the revenue flowing.

They can't fix anything and they are probably running out of ideas to suck more gold from the players.

They might be too worried to change the boosts since they might screw something up.

Either way, just give up asking for anything new or for them to fix anything.

It is easier to accept that there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

There may not be light at the end of the tunnel but there will be light illuminating from the modern war pixels on our phones.

fatbodychris
01-24-2016, 02:29 PM
You guys know, right now you can basically buy a +2 energy regen and a +20% health regen boost if you don't already have them.

Ajk
01-24-2016, 03:58 PM
I wouldn't take a chance buying a damn thing in this game for fear something would go wrong. You would never get in touch with anybody on Gree's end to try and ge tit taken care of.

Pidgeot
01-24-2016, 05:09 PM
You guys know, right now you can basically buy a +2 energy regen and a +20% health regen boost if you don't already have them.

Where do you see that at?

fatbodychris
01-24-2016, 05:53 PM
Where do you see that at?

It was one of those "buy this unit" "buy two of these units" deals that ended 4 hours ago.

Pidgeot
01-24-2016, 06:58 PM
I never saw that. I sure I would have picked it up had I known about it.