PDA

View Full Version : [SA] Match-up Battle SS

Vile Lynn
10-23-2015, 10:48 AM
This is the 3rd or 4th SA where the match-up battle SS shows 3 different syndicates, none in the actual battle. (They know about it, btw, and supposedly working on a fix still.)

Is this random battle SS a good, bad or no big deal thing?

justjon
10-23-2015, 12:45 PM
Annoying? Yes, very.

A big deal? Not really.

Red BD
10-23-2015, 02:12 PM
For me it's just annoying, but I can see how it could seem disaster ours to some.

kids
10-24-2015, 04:06 AM
More than annoying if you don't know what teams you're fighting

..and is it really that difficult to trigger a result splash on every battle ?

Vile Lynn
10-24-2015, 09:22 AM
More than annoying if you don't know what teams you're fighting

..and is it really that difficult to trigger a result splash on every battle ?

Yeah, strategy is much different if you're matched with a Top10 or Top100 or Top250.
I have been getting some SSs that show one right match, but the other two are wrong. Usually all three are wrong and we have to guess from the call letters.

It would be nice to have the result SS work, too!

Dat Guy
10-24-2015, 04:32 PM
The only time I know the results of an SA battle is when we complete a goal.
I very rarely get a splash screen with results.

Nighteg
10-24-2015, 04:33 PM
Is Sirius still around? Or was he fired too?

Dat Guy
10-24-2015, 05:27 PM
Is Sirius still around? Or was he fired too?

He's gathering all of the aforementioned updates and info.

How's that breath holding thing going for you Nighteg?

Nighteg
10-24-2015, 05:55 PM
How's that breath holding thing going for you Nighteg?

I dieded.
@@@@@

xWolfSlayerx
10-24-2015, 05:59 PM
Yeah, it can get annoying not knowing who you're fighting. I hope Sirius gets us info about this soon.

Mrs Cash
10-25-2015, 06:51 AM
The only time I know the results of an SA battle is when we complete a goal.
I very rarely get a splash screen with results.

I dont get any result splashes anymore.
I send a ticket each and every time asking them to fix it. I wish everyone should do the same. Maybe, just maybe, they'll fix it.

Vile Lynn
10-26-2015, 07:58 AM
Yeah, it can get annoying not knowing who you're fighting. I hope Sirius gets us info about this soon.

I doubt Sirius will have any info because....

I've noticed syndicates are changing their names and call-letters from one battle to the next, so it really doesn't matter anymore: can't tell who you are matched with anyway.

With this new name-switching strategy, I plan each battle as it goes along and pretend we're up against the Top5, heh!

kids
10-26-2015, 04:39 PM
Hey don't blame syndicate's name changing for that glitch

It's just a joke if match up ss sayin we're fighting 2 top 10 teams and for real it are teams I've never noticed before
That messed every team strategy

Vile Lynn
10-26-2015, 06:14 PM
umm... I was not blaming the battle match-up screen mix-ups on the name-switchers.

I said it didn't... well, re-read it, kids.

Red BD
10-26-2015, 09:53 PM
I've noticed syndicates are changing their names and call-letters from one battle to the next, so it really doesn't matter anymore: can't tell who you are matched with anyway.

With this new name-switching strategy, I plan each battle as it goes along and pretend we're up against the Top5, heh!

That's an interesting strategy and a bit bizarre IMHO, but I guess if you got the gold it doesn't matter.
This problem is really only a concern for the tippy-top teams, so if they are changing names and call letters between matches as a form of strategy the mid-identified opponent problem really doesn't effect them anyway, and if all are mis-IDed, it kind of averages out.

As for the vast majority it really is just an annoying annoyance of a pain in the neck to varying degrees.
I mean in MY gang's case I wish the members simply knew (or cared) that we were engaged IN A BATTLE! We never honestly had enough invested to figure out who the actual opponents might be in real life... Always figured they were just bums like us. Oh well.....

kids
10-27-2015, 07:11 AM

Sorry - but it reads to me like 'since teams are changing their names on every battle match up ss's doesn't matter anymore..no reason to fix it'

Might be the wrong signal if any gree ever reads that

Vile Lynn
10-27-2015, 08:18 AM
Sorry - but it reads to me like 'since teams are changing their names on every battle match up ss's doesn't matter anymore..no reason to fix it'

Might be the wrong signal if any gree ever reads that

Ah ok, yeah, I see your point.

I meant more like it's not really a big deal (to me) now that Syn's are name-switching between every battle, so we shouldn't worry too much about the SS being wrong. After 3 or 4 SAs, I have the feeling it won't be fixed anytime soon... Or ever. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does get fixed. :)

It is certainly annoying but ignorable, IMHO.