PDA

View Full Version : Clocks go back UK

Big John
10-22-2015, 11:52 AM
Should we expect more fun and games?

HellRaizer
10-22-2015, 12:04 PM
That mean that events will begin at 23:00?

DEWIN NUTTIN
10-22-2015, 12:48 PM
Clocks will go back all over this planet!!!!!

Embrace the suck, emit the moan!!!!

Sheldor Sir
10-22-2015, 01:07 PM
Ok uk clock change means we get extra hour (in middle of night) to hit FL lol, of more concern to all u WD'ers is that next WD is 30 Oct to 02 Nov (aka next weekend) but PDT ends on the FIRST of November (110115 for the US) now this usually is beyond Gree programming skills an they **** down EVERYTHING overnight so expect 6-8 hrs while Europe & Asia can't fight but the US sleeps so they don't care.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?100929-Server-Downtime-Daylight-Savings-Time

Sheldor Sir
10-22-2015, 01:08 PM
didn't know S H U T was a banned word gosh I'm so out of touch

Captain Buck Slayer
10-23-2015, 09:01 AM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr gree

goblue21
10-23-2015, 10:46 AM
its a US (pacific time zone) based game.

HellRaizer
10-23-2015, 11:29 AM
its a US (pacific time zone) based game.

It's a global based game.

Sheldor Sir
10-24-2015, 03:47 PM
I notice the usual deafening response

Vile Lynn
10-25-2015, 04:12 PM
Soooooo... did anything happen?

tigerlion
10-25-2015, 09:01 PM
No. But wait next week-end when USA, Canada and other parts of the world move back to Standard Time.

Vile Lynn
10-26-2015, 08:11 AM
Well, good to hear!

One down, one to go.

I'll probably be too busy having fun on Halloween to care or notice. ;)

I hope everybody has a safe & awesome Halloween!
http://www.clker.com/cliparts/y/T/P/c/W/9/halloween-cat-with-pumpkin-md.png

Sheldor Sir
10-27-2015, 05:04 AM
Still nothing from our wonderful App provider as to whether anything is intended for the US clock fall back this weekend!!! perhaps they ain't noticed yet

Vile Lynn
10-27-2015, 07:47 AM
I'm pretty sure they have prepared for it. I don't expect them to post anything.

We'll let them know if there are issues, haha!

DEWIN NUTTIN
10-27-2015, 07:55 AM
I'm pretty sure they have prepared for it. I don't expect them to post anything.

We'll let them know if there are issues, haha!

I'm sure many tappers will notify THEGREE if problems arise as the clocks are adjusted.

The long time tappers KNOW not to expect a response until midday (US time) or later on Monday, maybe Tuesday!

Vile Lynn
10-27-2015, 08:01 AM
I'm sure many tappers will notify THEGREE if problems arise as the clocks are adjusted.

The long time tappers KNOW not to expect a response until midday (US time) or later on Monday, maybe Tuesday!

And long, looooonnnngg time tappers should know to not even expect a response. hehe! ;)

(JK, sorta)

DEWIN NUTTIN
10-27-2015, 10:31 AM
And long, looooonnnngg time tappers should know to not even expect a response. hehe! ;)

(JK, sorta)

True that.

I didn't want to upset the TRUE believers. LMFAO

i mean, it hurts a kid to learn the real deal about Santa Claus, leprechauns, the tooth fairy, the Easter Bunny, and THEGREE!!!!!! ROTFLMFAO

Agent Orange
10-27-2015, 11:01 AM

(JK, sorta)

True that.

I do seem to recall a WD falling on a DST weekend. Started off normally but the server automatically readjusted it's time to match the shift. Now gree's server is not on site. Don't recall where it is but wonder if things will go haywire if it iis inan affected time zone....

Last time it happened which was a while ago I thought the game crashed granted with all the non time zone induced screw ups I might just be remembering this wrong.

truthteller
10-27-2015, 11:22 AM
True that.

I do seem to recall a WD falling on a DST weekend. Started off normally but the server automatically readjusted it's time to match the shift. Now gree's server is not on site. Don't recall where it is but wonder if things will go haywire if it iis inan affected time zone....

Last time it happened which was a while ago I thought the game crashed granted with all the non time zone induced screw ups I might just be remembering this wrong.

They "fix" that, remember that now twice per year (every time change) they shutdown ALL games from 11pm PST until 2am PST

DEWIN NUTTIN
10-27-2015, 12:44 PM
They "fix" that, remember that now twice per year (every time change) they shutdown ALL games from 11pm PST until 2am PST

Silly, stupid, ignorant ME.

You are so right.

THEGREE fixed it in their special way.

Vile Lynn
10-27-2015, 02:56 PM

Yes! I was just going to ask about that. I think they did "maintenance" last time, and it was uneventful except for the shutdown. Thanks for posting, truthteller.

If you plan on playing, you might want to plan for a shutdown during that time just in case no announcement is made.

Flash0810
10-27-2015, 04:49 PM
Guys don't worry. I'm sure that if there is anything that goes wrong with the clock change, everyone will be compensated with a vault of gold from GREE. Thought I saw that in one of the Memo's.

:D

J-manKometh96
10-27-2015, 08:59 PM
Yes! I was just going to ask about that. I think they did "maintenance" last time, and it was uneventful except for the shutdown. Thanks for posting, truthteller.

If you plan on playing, you might want to plan for a shutdown during that time just in case no announcement is made.
You are right and wrong. Yes they shut down for maintenance, however it was not eneventful. They jumped the gun and shut down early, and then spent about 4 hours trying to get things running after the three hour maintenance period. The one thing I may not be correct on is whether it was the last time, or if it was the time before that.