PDA

View Full Version : Master Slayer boss counter not working correctly!?

belgario
10-20-2015, 06:05 PM
Does anyone else have this problem? The 3rd Master Slayer quest line item counts boss kills...with the goal being 100 kills. Once I reached 50 boss kills, it started malfunctioning...stopped registering my kills and reset kills to 51. It started working again around boss kill 55 but I had lost 4 boss kills on the counter. Now many bosses later,74 I believe, I look at the counter and it has reset to 55. Multiple tickets sent and no response so far.

Jnsolberg
10-20-2015, 07:30 PM
Does anyone else have this problem? The 3rd Master Slayer quest line item counts boss kills...with the goal being 100 kills. Once I reached 50 boss kills, it started malfunctioning...stopped registering my kills and reset kills to 51. It started working again around boss kill 55 but I had lost 4 boss kills on the counter. Now many bosses later,74 I believe, I look at the counter and it has reset to 55. Multiple tickets sent and no response so far.

I've killed 57 bosses, but the counter shows 51

Another one of Gree's Display errors.

belgario
10-21-2015, 05:32 AM
Let's hope it works correctly in the background...though absent any response I have to assume it doesn't ... Shocker! I will know in a few hours

truthteller
10-21-2015, 08:07 AM
i am in 9/10 legendary and counter keeps reseting to 50/100 kills
Also I have from 14x to 19x goals on yer when I finished 8/10 got prize for 14x

belgario
10-21-2015, 08:39 AM
I received the 15/x jack-o-lantern goal upon completion of Legendary this morning. A few hours later the counter reset again. I am now 9 bosses away from completing the 100 and the counter just reset again.

Amelio
10-21-2015, 11:45 AM
YES !!! I killed the regular 50 bosses... COMPLETED THE LEGENDARY 35 boss kills.. So that's 85.. And I've killed AT LEAST ANOTHER 30 since and yet I only show 81

Vile Lynn
10-21-2015, 11:48 AM
Send in a ticket.

Amelio
10-21-2015, 12:03 PM
Send in a ticket.

A few tickets have been sent in.. And the USUAL TIME OF RESPONSE IS USUALLY WHEN THE EVENT IS OVER... AND EVEN THEN ITS A GENERIC RESPONSE THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PROBLEM I AM COMPLAINING ABOUT.

This is par for the course... I'd be shocked if an event actually ran smoothly

belgario
10-21-2015, 12:48 PM
Has ANYONE been able to successfully get the prize (and received a green check) for killing 100 bosses?

Jnsolberg
10-21-2015, 04:32 PM
When I finished Legendary, I had 85 kills, but the counter showed 61. Out went up to 62 on the np next kill. Then went to 61 again in the next kill. Now it's back to 51.

Gree, this is VERY. Aggravating and some guidance would be appreciated. It seems like you're ignoring another major problem. The fact that there isn't even any comment on this is unforgivable.

truthteller
10-21-2015, 04:46 PM
I am on kill 91 (finish legendary and been marking each additional kill), yet the countes only shows now 61/100

GREE PLEASE FIX IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least have the decency to post a reply that the team is looking into it

belgario
10-21-2015, 06:21 PM
I finished 100 and did an extra 5 just in case, though I kept track of the times I killed the extra 15 so I know I got the counts right. Yet ANOTHER ticket sent...no response to either of my first 2 or the several follow-ups I did under those.

To say I am frustrated is terribly understated. I'm getting my apple ticket ready to go in case this doesn't get resolved quickly.

Gree has created a huge cluster-XXXX of this game. They don't spend the time to properly Test releases and so, no surprise...they have huge problems. THEN, these huge problems receive many tickets which take even more time to resolve.

Gree needs to invest and get their Test process in place or they need to shut down the game they can't adequately support. How many more big spenders can leave before the cost to support equals more than they receive in revenue??

62 kills was also the magic number for me when my counter reset. I killed boss number 103 when the counter said 62. Afterward, I was back to the counter showing 50.

truthteller
10-21-2015, 06:24 PM
CRAP !!!!!!!!!

just killed boss 95, my goals were reading 62/100..............after the kill, went back to 52/100

GREE PLEASE FIX THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

truthteller
10-21-2015, 06:26 PM
I finished 100 and did an extra 5 just in case, though I kept track of the times I killed the extra 15 so I know I got the counts right. Yet ANOTHER ticket sent...no response to either of my first 2 or the several follow-ups I did under those.

To say I am frustrated is terribly understated. I'm getting my apple ticket ready to go in case this doesn't get resolved quickly.

Gree has created a huge cluster-XXXX of this game. They don't spend the time to properly Test releases and so, no surprise...they have huge problems. THEN, these huge problems receive many tickets which take even more time to resolve.

Gree needs to invest and get their Test process in place or they need to shut down the game they can't adequately support. How many moe big spenders can leave before the cost to support equals more than they receive in revenue??

Last I hear after the massive laidoff at SF offices, is that they were going to outsource the QA process.............I guess they are probably still looking for the "appropriate" company to give the job to..............in the mean time................events are being release without any testing at all

Vile Lynn
10-21-2015, 06:29 PM
Last I hear after the massive laidoff at SF offices, is that they were going to outsource the QA process.............I guess they are probably still looking for the "appropriate" company to give the job to..............in the mean time................events are being release without any testing at all

lol, where do you hear these things?

belgario
10-21-2015, 07:00 PM
lol, where do you hear these things?

Vile, can you tell us if Gree at least knows about this problem?

Vile Lynn
10-21-2015, 07:30 PM
Vile, can you tell us if Gree at least knows about this problem?

Yes, indeed they do know about it from tickets and this thread, and of course they are working on a fix... but you know, checking all of that code for errors must be a PITB. I would not expect a fix before the event ends, BUT if they do fix it, we can be super happy!

(Sorta the same thing happened in MW and they made it right for the majority.)

Please send in a ticket if you have not already.
Type "Boss Kills Not Counting: KA Issue" in the subject line, or something like that.
Explain what's going on with as many details as possible.
Be kind; they are people, too. (Bees, sugar, etc... kwim)

:)

B1RD
10-21-2015, 09:03 PM
Same here for me as well. Completed Legendary, killed some more Bosses and looked at my Boss Kill count, it was 64/100 😳 Went up to 76/100 watching each time and I was good, not happy but good. Next Boss Kill should have been able to see 77/100...nope it stayed 76/100. Then I went through the other quests (17x, 18x, 19x...) just to look at them. Went back to my counter and it was on 50/100.

Ticket Sent ✔️
Expectation of a fix ❌

truthteller
10-21-2015, 09:31 PM
103 kills so far, just in case I miss counted, but still gona make a few
More to make sure gree gives me the prize that I have rightfully won

Zepson
10-22-2015, 02:54 AM
And still not fixed. And also no surprise here.

There was hope for a first event bugfree in a long time. False hope... again.

Geiteke
10-22-2015, 10:26 AM
Same for me, did almost reach 90, counter went back to 50/100...

Shelob
10-22-2015, 12:51 PM
Has ANYONE been able to successfully get the prize (and received a green check) for killing 100 bosses?

Seems to be fixed. Got 50 kills from quest and 33 from legendary (don't play dumb, everybody knows it).
Killed another 17 and got the reward.

truthteller
10-22-2015, 01:01 PM
Seems to be fixed. Got 50 kills from quest and 33 from legendary (don't play dumb, everybody knows it).
Killed another 17 and got the reward.

Actually legendary is 35 kills
and to be clear, there has been a few lucky ones whom their goal did not kept resetting on them, thus were able to reach 100/100 and get the wrapper
the problem is that for a vaste number of players, the goal keeps reseting to 50/100 even though many of us has had killed over 100+ bosses already

B1RD
10-22-2015, 01:11 PM
33 from legendary (don't play dumb, everybody knows it).

No need to "play dumb" here, everyone within this thread has completed Legendary Epic Boss way too many times. Oh, and they all know it's 35 additional Epic Bosses as well vice 33 ;)

Shelob
10-22-2015, 01:48 PM
Oh, and they all know it's 35 additional Epic Bosses as well vice 33 ;)

Yeah, but everybody knows that you don't have to kill all 35 bosses to finish legendary (perhaps you're the only one that doesn't know this).
Only the killed bosses are considered for the 100. In my case it was 33.

B1RD
10-22-2015, 02:13 PM
Yeah, but everybody knows that you don't have to kill all 35 bosses to finish legendary (perhaps you're the only one that doesn't know this).

Sure, let's put it out there then, bothers me none...kill 20 for Legendary is all it takes. (nope, know nothing about it)

Jomama1
10-22-2015, 04:51 PM
I was one of the lucky ones and got the master slayer wrapper normally.

One of my players with counter reset issue did the required umber of kills but only received 2 refills as compensation - no prize.

This is ridiculous - please compensate people appropriately.

Jomama1
10-23-2015, 03:28 AM
This really needs fixing gree - it's happening again on the new boss.

Jnsolberg
10-23-2015, 03:49 AM
This really needs fixing gree - it's happening again on the new boss.

Dang it, Gree what's so hard to fix this? I'm not going through any more frustration with this, you owe us the big Wrapper form the Black Feathed event plus all the lost Pumpkins:
Level (16/x). 35 pumpkins
Level (17/x). 43 pumpkins
Level (18/x). 53 pumpkins
Level (19/x). 76 pumpkins
Level (20/x). 113 pumpkins
Total 320 pumpkins
I don't think we'll be able to craft the nice unit without them

belgario
10-23-2015, 05:59 AM
Agree, Jo! Yes, I just finished 3/10 and my counter reset again back to 50. Please fix this ASAP!!!

Acadian
10-23-2015, 07:27 AM
7593 7594
This is proof that I beat all the 100 bosses with no reward, and no pumpkins for the higher levels, it looks like about 250 or so lanterns should have been rewarded also.
I hear that a fix was put in to replace the 750 units some of us got instead of 15m when opening crates (I quite opening them after getting 2 rewards under 2k) that it reset the timer back to 50. Mine did that. Not sure why my pic has 84/100, but one of them kept swinging on the last hit for 5 minutes, so I rebooted the phone and I think that one glitched. I was in the 90s when it reset back to 50. So my 65 was extra I kept hitting in case it was a visual glitch only. There are a lot of us with this issue, someone posted a reply on our guild apps that they were told it was not able to be fixed since the server already automatically issued units once the quest was over. If you guys can take back units from a mistake made giving 32m units (most of us did not pursue that extensively, though a lot of us had a few b/c taking out 30s was part of the quest. Also you have given units back that were accidentally bought due to an ad popup for a crate that was clicked on due to wanting to just get into the game and not being asked to confirm purchase. You also gave back items we bought that ended up not even being artifacts but just a temp bonus item that didn't even add to stats. Please do not leave use honest players hanging here. A lot of us bought the weapons needed with cash to beat this boss in the allotted time.

Jnsolberg
10-23-2015, 09:40 AM
*Customer "care" is replying to tickets offering 2 battle health refills while Gree is working on this issue.
This is pissing off many of our peeps. They are talking about leaving the game now. Two refills for how many hours of time wasted? Not acceptable.

PLEASE GET THIS FIXED NOW, before it's too late

Vile Lynn
10-23-2015, 10:08 AM

Sure, let's put it out there then, bothers me none...kill 20 for Legendary is all it takes. (nope, know nothing about it)

Maybe this is why the counter is "off"? IDK.

truthteller
10-23-2015, 10:39 AM

I killed all 35 bosses of legendary and is not that the counter is off, is that it kept reseting to 50/100, even after legendaries were done, it kept reseting

Jnsolberg
10-23-2015, 10:43 AM

When you've actually killed 111 bosses and the counter shows 52, something's seriously wrong in Greeland.

There is so much frustration out there that this event might be the straw that breaks KA's back

Jomama1
10-23-2015, 02:01 PM
Gree,

You need to say something.

People are really upset.

Here's the thing. It is clear that you are not properly testing your code. Maybe you don't have resources to do so. That sucks but if that is the situation then adjust to it. That means don't plan a multi part epic boss event with brand new code. Launch it as a single event and expand the following cycle.

This is not rocket science This is common sense that high schoolers should have.

So please tell us- are your development team employees morons or are they willfully malicious???? Really 0 this is no longer accidental. Everything is screwed up/

Jnsolberg
10-24-2015, 04:11 AM
Only 2 more kills to finish Legendary. That's 85 kills, but the counter shows 62, soon to drop back to 50 or 52.
Is there any reason for me to do the extra 15 kills? Will Gree credit the missing unit and the extre 320 pumpkins from the first and second and probably the third EB events?

Come on Sirius, give us a heads up please.

Jomama1
10-24-2015, 05:56 AM
Just got to 72 and had another reset after next kill - leveled up and did a kill before reopening game and back to 50 - so lost 24 this the and 14 last time.

This is absurd - fix this please,. I am potentially wasting time and xp for no reason.

We have several ready to quit.

MAKE A COMMENT GREE!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!

belgario
10-24-2015, 06:18 AM
I lost 8 kills between the first 2 resets and now 32 after a counter freeze and reset where the counter made it to 81. Still no word except they closed my ticket, which I promoptly reopened

belgario
10-24-2015, 06:30 AM
I am not sure about the company culture of GREE, but let me assume you, if you don't get on this forum quickly and give us a status, we will leave this game and finish the discussion for you. The way that GREE reps are being relatively silent about this issue, is not working. You need to give us a status at least daily!!!

Vile Lynn
10-24-2015, 09:01 AM
I lost 8 kills between the first 2 resets and now 32 after a counter freeze and reset where the counter made it to 81. Still no word except they closed my ticket, which I promoptly reopened

With widespread issues like this, I've noticed that my tickets get closed as well before I see a fix.

It is NOT that this issue is closed. CS closes tickets because there is nothing more they can do after they forward it to the team to investigate.
Unfortunately, when CS closes tickets for a current issue, this leads to a ton of confusion... and more tickets being sent instead of what belgario did: reopen the original ticket. It never hurts to reopen a ticket when you are not satisfied; but sending in multiple tickets for the same issue bogs down the system.

I doubt a fix will happen by the end of the event. Document your progress with SSs, and when it's over send in a ticket or reopen your original ticket with your final outcome. I know this is a PITB for us & GREE, but they'll make it right eventually. Please be kind and patient.

About testing code, I know they do not beta test but they do have staff members that play to test. I speculate the problem with staff members testing has to do with the player base using so many different types of devices and staff members test on the best, most current devices, which many of us don't use. All of these different devices with unique settings makes investigating issues more difficult, too. Sending in a ticket thru the game is best because they can use the footer info to investigate.

Not much more I can say, but they're working on it... fwiw.

Scubdog
10-24-2015, 09:43 AM
Aside from the counter not working and pumpkins not dropping I just killed 7/8 legendary and it reset to 0/8 and I can not trigger a new boss now. That must be the fix?

WTF????????

Jomama1
10-24-2015, 09:52 AM
SO if they have a staff that can not normally test things why not accept the reality and take less risk? In a two week cycle it looks like we now have 1-2 more of these broken and extremely frustrating broken events. This issue is effecting more than half of us from what I can tell.

That's the real problem here. Planning that does not take into account the reality of their situation and so makes things much worse. Where is the leadershio there???

And the cost to CS of these mistakes is likely greater than the cost of actually robustly testing things. But if you cant do that - TAKE LESS RISK- try new code on a smaller scale first. Not sure why I have to point this put to college graduates.

Vile Lynn
10-24-2015, 10:04 AM
Not that I could code one pixel if my life depended on it, but why they can't launch one event without bugs is beyond me.

Really, I don't get it either. I've loved this game since it began, and I want it to work!

truthteller
10-24-2015, 10:32 AM
Once again gladiator iing goals also keep reseting to 50/100
i am at 6/10 legendaryand went back to 50/100 kills
When I had 62

Jomama1
10-24-2015, 01:53 PM
I am on 3rd reset to 50 and ZERO WORD FROM GREE. Not even a reply to my tickets (one per reset). Pathetic!!

Do you have any idea how demoralizing this is??? So hard to keep people playing in this environment.

And watch - you will launch another one of these with this massive bug because stopping to fx things is just too hard.

Why do we give you money??????

Jnsolberg
10-24-2015, 02:00 PM
Well, I just made my 100th kill! So I went to see what the counter said. It was at 50.

Still no assurance from Gree that they will get the units and pumpkins credited.
And of course the pumpkins expire in 4 days, 21 hours

QuantumP 86
10-24-2015, 06:16 PM
Well, I just made my 100th kill! So I went to see what the counter said. It was at 50.

Still no assurance from Gree that they will get the units and pumpkins credited.
And of course the pumpkins expire in 4 days, 21 hours

They really are trying lol. I feel like this cycle had the potentially to really transform the game back to where it was, adding in lots of fun. I think that GREE went a little to bold and wasn't able to properly test these new events.

So I give them credit for their creativity and new idea, but the execution was just pretty poor and fairly typical for this era of KA.

QuantumP 86
10-24-2015, 06:18 PM
I am on 3rd reset to 50 and ZERO WORD FROM GREE. Not even a reply to my tickets (one per reset). Pathetic!!

Do you have any idea how demoralizing this is??? So hard to keep people playing in this environment.

And watch - you will launch another one of these with this massive bug because stopping to fx things is just too hard.

Why do we give you money??????

It is very demoralizing. I only had to do 22 extra bosses to finish 100 (sitting at 63 after finishing Legendary). I feel super blessed that this was the case for me. I hope that it works out for you!

syKosis
10-24-2015, 11:12 PM
I just got reset to 50 after 99 kills. I'm not even kidding. One away from completion and this? WTF. Frustrated and furious.

Jomama1
10-25-2015, 08:33 AM
Still no word Gree? Cant you at least tell peeps they will be made whole?

Amelio
10-25-2015, 10:56 AM
Well I submitted several tickets with pics for proof I've done well over 100 bosses.. And no responses... NOW it shows 51/100.. I killed 7 bosses in the last 1/2hr.. The counter never changed.. Stayed AT 51/100 through all 7 kills.. PLUS I AM GETTING NO PUMKINS.. I still show 14x, 15x, 16x 17x, 18x, 21x, 23x, and even 30's x... I've had no luck at all.. GREE WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING !??? I'm wondering now if some of this is and has been intentional

Samskill
10-25-2015, 01:15 PM
Gree, am planning to get 10,000 gems for the next war any way to mass purchase it? .....kidding, Just Trying to get your attention to this problem :p

Jnsolberg
10-25-2015, 01:58 PM
6 days of EB He.l and now we have another one starting in a few minutes.

This series of events would be a grind even if everything worked as it should. With the counter broken and even the pumpkins not being awarded, what is the point to this event?

Many of my guild mates are just stopping at 50 kills. If Gree does nothing, they are the smart ones.

If Gree does fix this, then the peeps who stopped will get left behind and become disgruntled.

If Gree does not fix this, the ones who tried to finish will become even more disgruntled than we already are.

This event might be a KA extinction event due to piss poor coding and no communication.

truthteller
10-25-2015, 02:02 PM
Well the highest my counter went was 71/100 and after 110+ kosses killed I ended the event with a goal counter of 56/100 lol
GREE GIVE US THE PRIZES WE HAVE RIGHTFULLY WON!!!!!!

Geiteke
10-25-2015, 02:03 PM
Easiest solution is simply to grant the players who finished legendary of the two boss events the wrapper prizes. The prizes for finishing legendary were way under par anyway, 10,9m/9,6m units with NO boost. Finishing legendary was hard enough, but I am sure players were not interested in the legendary prize, but only in the wrapper prize, that needed 100 kills. After finishing legendary this wrapper prize was fairly easy to obtain, but out of reach because of the timer reset. Gree, just grant us the wrapper prize if we have the other two units in our inventory, that we should have obtained for the wrapper prize (50 bosses + 2x/3x guild goal prize and legendary prize) and simply forget about the 100 kills...

Jnsolberg
10-25-2015, 05:00 PM
Easiest solution is simply to grant the players who finished legendary of the two boss events the wrapper prizes. The prizes for finishing legendary were way under par anyway, 10,9m/9,6m units with NO boost. Finishing legendary was hard enough, but I am sure players were not interested in the legendary prize, but only in the wrapper prize, that needed 100 kills. After finishing legendary this wrapper prize was fairly easy to obtain, but out of reach because of the timer reset. Gree, just grant us the wrapper prize if we have the other two units in our inventory, that we should have obtained for the wrapper prize (50 bosses + 2x/3x guild goal prize and legendary prize) and simply forget about the 100 kills...

An elegant, easy to implement idea!
I'm sure Gree will try to screw over at least half the peeps by claiming they only killed 97 bosses, like they did to a friend of mine.

Jomama1
10-26-2015, 07:11 AM
Good idea on legendary - would solve the problem immediately and show a little goodwill.

Zepson
10-27-2015, 06:30 AM
It's still weekend in greeland...

belgario
10-28-2015, 05:26 PM
I just finished the 100th boss for Master Slayer: Soul Sucker. No resets for me on this boss, though I've still not been awarded the first 2 master slayer prizes and I'm still short over 1000 pumpkins and the last day to craft using them is tomorrow.

Is anyone still experiencing resets?

Jnsolberg
10-28-2015, 07:33 PM
I've heard from 2 peeps that they got reset.

MiniBud
10-29-2015, 07:08 AM
I've heard from 2 peeps that they got reset.

I got to 90/100 then reset back to 50/100. I was told I only had 99 kills for the first wrapper so no reward. If the counter worked I would have had 100. I didn't realize the counter reset until too late, then I had no idea how many kills I had. I got the second and almost done with third.