PDA

View Full Version : [Goal] Energize and Reload!

Vile Lynn
10-07-2015, 09:21 AM
Energize and Reload!

Goal states, "We have corrected an issue which should allow for a better experience while dominating the streets!"

Have some energy on us! [BUY] 0/1
Reward: Energy X5

It was a 24hr goal; ends in less than 6hrs.

Has anybody done this?

Winnson
10-07-2015, 09:27 AM
I did it. I got 5 free energy refills I think. I didn't actually check if I really got them or not.

Flyingsquad23
10-07-2015, 09:27 AM
Yes, buy one item for a dollar and get 5 weapons and 5 refills.

namedud
10-07-2015, 09:43 AM
Yes, buy one item for a dollar and get ------- and 5 refills.

Did you know this is a bug that works in the players' favor?

Might want to edit that post.

Jcw9811
10-07-2015, 09:53 AM
Did you know this is a bug that works in the players' favor?

Might want to edit that post.

Some people I guess just don't understand when GREE messes up and feels the need to let them know about it.

Portnoy
10-07-2015, 10:28 AM
Facepalm......

Red BD
10-07-2015, 11:37 AM
Guess it ended.

Flyingsquad23
10-07-2015, 12:07 PM
You guys are right, after getting splash screens of the items they were awarding with the text saying here's a gift for our mistakes I should have known it was a huge mess up in our favor. Sure hope they don't take anyone's massive stat gains away. Who would've known the only way for GREE to find such an error would be a post to this forum.

My sincerest apologies..

Vile Lynn
10-07-2015, 12:17 PM
You guys are right, after getting splash screens of the items they were awarding with the text saying here's a gift for our mistakes I should have known it was a huge mess up in our favor. Sure hope they don't take anyone's massive stat gains away. Who would've known the only way for GREE to find such an error would be a post to this forum.

My sincerest apologies..

Was this a droid thing?
(I only have iOS devices.)

I still have no idea what you meant in your last post, #3 above.

Dipstik
10-07-2015, 12:43 PM
No, it's not a droid thing, and I don't think it was a mistake. You complete the goal, you get a bunch of free stuff. It's not just energy refills. I don't understand why this is confusing.

Vile Lynn
10-07-2015, 12:56 PM
No, it's not a droid thing, and I don't think it was a mistake. You complete the goal, you get a bunch of free stuff. It's not just energy refills. I don't understand why this is confusing.

The goal I posted about in the OP does not say anything in game about "a bunch of free stuff," only 5 energy refills.

Then customers started acting like there is a glitch or something... I don't see anything unusual on iOS, that's why I asked.

namedud
10-07-2015, 01:30 PM
The glitch was if you completed that goal to get 5 energy refills you also got the (48) and (72) speed run goals for finishing elite 20/20 of the ltq.

There is a very good chance people didn't realize that's what happened, I didn't on my main account. It was easy to figure out what happened when I loaded my mini and wanted to know where those items came from.

But yeah, to anyone experienced with Gree, it's pretty suspiciously generous to get 5x energy refill AND 5x item + modifier for completing a goal for $1 CC dollar. Reeks of "too good to be intentional and may eventually be corrected." Even if the original goal was meant to correct for whatever unspecified issue they fixed.

Red BD
10-07-2015, 01:56 PM
So what happened to it? Was it that they messed up and gave a bunch of stuff for free so they ended it early? I started looking for it like a crackhead on a carpet 2 hours after VL said it had "less than 6 hours" left and nada. I'd still like a shot at the free refills....

This raises that old ethical bugaboo: what does a player who feels (rather strongly) that it is horribly unethical to exploit a "glitch" do with the "ill-gotten" gain he ill-got from (innocently?) doing just that. Off to the Philosophy Library I suppose.

namedud
10-07-2015, 02:11 PM
It was a 24 hour limited time goal. I can't tell you when it started or was supposed to end because I don't know either.

And there's nothing philosophical to discuss here. This couldn't be exploited as it was not repeatable and occurred while doing regular game actions. The only ways to avoid benefitting from this glitch were either to not log in, or to be one of those people that completely ignores the goals list.

I doubt anything will be taken away, although it could be, but still.... This is the type of thing that gets around quick among syndicates, there's no reason to post about it here. And if your syndicate never gets any such intel, get in a better one.

Evan1000
10-07-2015, 02:17 PM

Agreed. Lmao

I got a ticket like an hour before saying there would be something given in the game as compensation for the crappy SA and LTQ (not in those exact words). But yeah. 10% armor attack and 5 energy refills, thanks GREE!

Guess you had to log on that day to get them though

Dipstik
10-07-2015, 02:19 PM
Oh yeah... I see that the speed run goals are gone now. Guess it is a glitch.

To answer your philosophical question: Without intent, there can be no cheating. If the goal could be completed over and over again and someone did it 500 times, I wouldn't buy the excuse of "Well GREE must have meant us to do it infinite times, right??" In that hypothetical case the right thing to do is stop and send a ticket.

Red BD
10-07-2015, 02:30 PM
Oddly, on my other Account, there it was- just now- bought it for a buck and got the 5 refills. Didn't say I got any other stuff, but given that it seems folks got different stuff for buying (what was it, a camera?), I'm thinking now it wasn't a mistake- I don't know, and really don't care.

Vile Lynn
10-07-2015, 02:58 PM
lol! I'm probably the only one who didn't do it. :p

Dat Guy
10-07-2015, 04:15 PM
I just couldn't understand why they gave out free energy refills for another screw up on Street Assault.
Demons would have been more appropriate.

It is an improvement over the usual crickets sounds that we have gotten over the last few dozen boners from Gree.

Evan1000
10-07-2015, 04:21 PM
I just couldn't understand why they gave out free energy refills for another screw up on Street Assault.
Demons would have been more appropriate.

It is an improvement over the usual crickets sounds that we have gotten over the last few dozen boners from Gree.

The LTQ didn't work

kids
10-07-2015, 06:39 PM
A 'sorry we messesd it all - take that vault as compensation' for all players might have worked and attract lots of new players

5 energy refills ?

I'm not doing map jobs !

Red BD
10-07-2015, 10:58 PM
A 'sorry we messesd it all - take that vault as compensation' for all players might have worked and attract lots of new players

5 energy refills ?

I'm not doing map jobs !
Save them.... No one says ya got to use them or lose them.

sister morphine
10-07-2015, 11:26 PM

5 energy refills ?

I'm not doing map jobs !
In the context of epic boss, 5 (or better 10) health refills would have been nicer. But if you choose not to do the LTQ ultimate, so be it. ;)

Dat Guy
10-08-2015, 04:25 AM
The LTQ didn't work

I think only Android was locked out of the LTQ for at least the first 24 hours.

Vile Lynn
10-08-2015, 08:46 AM
Sooooo.... we had to spend 20 gold on a refill to get an "apology gift" of 5 energy refills from GREE?

What?

Seriously?

Come on.

(Please tell me I'm confused.)

Rudd
10-08-2015, 08:49 AM
Sooooo.... we had to spend 20 gold on a refill to get an "apology gift" of 5 energy refills from GREE?

What?

Seriously?

Come on.

(Please tell me I'm confused.)

You're confused.

Vile Lynn
10-08-2015, 08:54 AM
You're confused.

Thanks! I was hoping so. ;)