PDA

View Full Version : Cheaters and Funzio problem

khung003
10-28-2011, 06:56 AM
Everyday I see more and more suspected cheaters and nothing done, so I decide to post this. This is all or nothing post, through this I want Funzio to do something or we will see more cheaters around.

As we all know that many suspected cheaters are named months ago and now we still see them and even see more suspected cheaters than before. Why Funzio don't do anything ? But I don't ask that question, I want to ask "Can Funzio do anything to them?"

The problem lies at the Apple's IAP (in app purchase) model - Funzio iOS main income. People don't pay directly into Funzio account, they pay directly to Apple account, and at the end of the month, Apple will report to Funzio the total amount of sales.

Because of this, when someone pay thousands bucks via Apple IAP or someone hack thousands gold bars, there are no difference to Funzio. They have no data about who pay or who not, and by that, they can't find out who is Arabian Prince and who is cheater. If they accidentally remove Arabian Princes, like throwing away their breads, it's worse than just let it be.

So in conclusion, cheaters or Arabian Princes, Funzio can't tell who is who, and because of that all cheaters are safe forever. Read this cheaters and to-be cheaters, you know why you're safe now, do whatever you want, cheat golds, cash, guns, with 200 mafias, equip them with 20,000 atk point and start f***ing people....

P/S: Funzio, there is one way you guys can detect cheaters/hackers without waiting detail data from Apple, which might take forever. You don't sell more than 1500 gold bar each time, right? Query your database (if you store that data), anyone add himself more than 1500 gold bar/time is surely cheater.
As to game cash, anyone add himself more than 3 mil / time surely cheater, especially when he does that at low level, that impossible.

silverbackspur
10-28-2011, 09:38 AM
You seem to be wasting your time! Have you even had a response from funzio from any of your threads complaining about cheating?

Leetfeet
10-28-2011, 10:42 AM
It's all about time and money. It's just buisness. I guarantee you that CC is now a tertiery priority to funzio. The number of downloads and 5 star ratings they got on CC is equivilent to the money they will make on the next game. Which is now their first priority. Funzio will maximize their profits by making a new game with the title "... from the team that made Crime City, most popular game on..."

At this point you got to either come to terms that people can cheat and do so. Or find another game to enjoy with less loop holes.

The gaming buisness model today realize that to the masses all games have a short life span, even the best ones. They will milk you for what they can within a few updates and then move on, regardless of how good the game idea is.
It's sad, but true. Income is more important than quality. And income is more important than you.

P.S The really good developers find a balance between income and satisfying customers. Angrybirds have to be the best example of this in the apple store. Cut the rope is also good.

Max Power
10-28-2011, 10:47 AM
It's all about time and money. It's just buisness. I guarantee you that CC is now a tertiery priority to funzio. The number of downloads and 5 star ratings they got on CC is equivilent to the money they will make on the next game. Which is now their first priority. Funzio will maximize their profits by making a new game with the title "... from the team that made Crime City, most popular game on..."

At this point you got to either come to terms that people can cheat and do so. Or find another game to enjoy with less loop holes.

The gaming buisness model today realize that to the masses all games have a short life span, even the best ones. They will milk you for what they can within a few updates and then move on, regardless of how good the game idea is.
It's sad, but true. Income is more important than quality. And income is more important than you.

P.S The really good developers find a balance between income and satisfying customers. Angrybirds have to be the best example of this in the apple store. Cut the rope is also good.

You are correct in many ways. That's why I laugh when I see multiple threads with people *****ing about decorations, or want Funzio to spend thousands on programming far a trader's courtyard or something. . They don't seem to be operating at the 30,000 foot level.

Leetfeet
10-28-2011, 11:01 AM
Aye but many people want companies to care, like the old days, even though they know it's not gonna happen. Like me :)

Wonderstar
10-28-2011, 11:47 AM

Leetfeet.
Haha...This is the most logical explanation I ever heard in this forum but sad thing seems like nobody wants to accept the truth.. You should start a thread in the suggestion section.. Advise them to think before they even post it. am always laughing whenever I read thro their so called suggestions. "Give us gold after each level!" Then who is going to buy gold from Funzio? C'mon..This is gonna reduce their paycheck

Erm.. I am expecting 2 more months of life span for CC. What do u think? Maybe I might be wrong.. as u know Xmas is coming. This is the best time to launch new game so that people will spent and spent and spent...

Leetfeet
10-28-2011, 12:17 PM
Leetfeet.
Haha...This is the most logical explanation I ever heard in this forum but sad thing seems like nobody wants to accept the truth.. You should start a thread in the suggestion section.. Advise them to think before they even post it. am always laughing whenever I read thro their so called suggestions. "Give us gold after each level!" Then who is going to buy gold from Funzio? C'mon..This is gonna reduce their paycheck

Erm.. I am expecting 2 more months of life span for CC. What do u think? Maybe I might be wrong.. as u know Xmas is coming. This is the best time to launch new game so that people will spent and spent and spent...

I love estimations! Like the one on reddit a few days ago when a guy guessed the release date of GTA5 right after GTA4 was released. He was off by 6 days! Daym..

Problem with guessing on games like these is that the life span is largely dependant on the number of cheaters. Which is a variable almost impossible to guesstimate. Lots of cheaters means more awareness in the average player. When the number of cheaters reach a certain point it's gonna collapse like a deck of cards.

The whole irony of this game is that Funzio is bringing the problem on themselves by setting the gold prize so god dam high. It makes it VERY easy to spot a cheater for the players.

Anyways I think this game will be around for a long time. Probably gonna be all cheaters on high levels and a steady stream of new players spending real money at lower levels before they get wise.

Unless Funzio wants to be recognized for quality. You never know.

skunk
10-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Why dosn't someone just post a "how to have CC for iphone" thread and see if it even gets deleted?
That would be absolute proof that the developers are interested or not if their own website shows how to hack their game !!
Title it "DONT BUY GOLD JUST HACK THE GAME - FULL INSTRUCTIONS..."

khung003
10-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Look around and see where you are, it's Funzio forum. Want hack gold bars? search youtube, @xclusiv find the good instruction in less than 3 minutes with 14000 views, it's so popular now.

Leetfeet
10-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Why dosn't someone just post a "how to have CC for iphone" thread and see if it even gets deleted?
That would be absolute proof that the developers are interested or not if their own website shows how to hack their game !!
Title it "DONT BUY GOLD JUST HACK THE GAME - FULL INSTRUCTIONS..."

Hehe I hope Mark would delete that. But he's not a dev. Typically devs never go to forums like these. They only read mail from forum mods :)

khung003
10-28-2011, 01:26 PM
I believe Mark is a dev (maybe senior dev) and there is no true forum moderator instead. Anytime Funzio begin to release new update, he never visit this forum, just too busy to code, debug from morning to midnight, day by day...

Crime City Mark
10-28-2011, 05:43 PM
So, we can actually see who has purchased gold and who hasn't. We can see that in real time. If a player has gold that hasn't been purchased they get banned. If a player cheats in any way they get punished based on their actions; in most cases that means a ban.

Just because someone beats you in a fight and has a lot of gold items doesn't mean they're cheating. We get reports by players every day accusing legitimate players of cheating, and then follow-up e-mails accusing us of favoring cheats because we're not banning these legit players.

khung003
10-28-2011, 05:48 PM
good answer Mark, good answer, everyone knows Funzio answer already, everyone you see in CC game with superior power are all good guys.

They said they know everything happen in runtime, don't waste your time report cheater/hacker. Everyone who currently play CC are no cheaters, and no cheaters play CC game.

Certes
10-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Khung.

Enough whining already. Either take your own advice and get strong enough to beat the "cheaters", or find another game.

Your choice; none of us care. Just stop endlessly *****ing about people that kick your ass.

425 posts, and I bet 300 of them accuse people of cheating...

KronicK
10-28-2011, 07:06 PM
Khung.

Enough whining already. Either take your own advice and get strong enough to beat the "cheaters", or find another game.

Your choice; none of us care. Just stop endlessly *****ing about people that kick your ass.

425 posts, and I bet 300 of them accuse people of cheating...
guys, why do you think he cares so much about this game?? cuz he likes it and he wants it to be fairs and squares. I think Khung has his point, let be real, there are so many bugs and cheats out there, if Funzio says in 7 mil players and no cheaters, i will say that is bull****! for real guys, maybe Khung just over think it, but I do agree with him in some points. Like you said, "get strong enough to beat the cheater", if they are beatable, why the hell on earth they need to cheat??
@khung: chill out bro, just forget it and move on, if they are cheating with this simple game, they will find it alot harder to success in life :)

Melvin Tan
10-28-2011, 07:33 PM
So, we can actually see who has purchased gold and who hasn't. We can see that in real time. If a player has gold that hasn't been purchased they get banned. If a player cheats in any way they get punished based on their actions; in most cases that means a ban.

Just because someone beats you in a fight and has a lot of gold items doesn't mean they're cheating. We get reports by players every day accusing legitimate players of cheating, and then follow-up e-mails accusing us of favoring cheats because we're not banning these legit players.

Well said...in short just play your game and quit whining...

khung003
10-28-2011, 09:45 PM
@KronicK: thanks.

Most people won't care what I said, just because some just play a few days, some too weak to care so much (so called losers in game). However I don't care about them either :D , no worry, I target Funzio in this post only.

k0de
10-28-2011, 11:09 PM
I might be missing the point here but really, who cares if someone else is cheating? We're not playing the CC World Cup are we? And it's not as though you can "win" the game- it just keeps going, right? There's no cash prize or trophy or new car on the line- at worst you lose some fake money now and then or record a loss in your stats (boo-hoo:(- *a lone violinist appears and begins to play a mournful tune*)

So some dude with hax loots your hood. Who cares? If that guy didn't then someone else would have. Or is it the other way around? You spy a massive loot to be had but can't pull it off because of the opponents insanely high ill-gotten A/D? Well... too bad- you're gonna have to choose one of the 19 other opponents on the rivals list. If it's still tearing you up inside, just remember that all those L8, 9, 10 buildings you couldn't rob... they were probably upgraded with gold anyway. Thus, if not for the hax it probably wouldn't have been much of a loot anyway, so aside from the few seconds it takes you to travel there and check op. stats, the net effect is prett
So if the guy owns 200 Bloody Mayhem or 500 Cyber Bike... just don't fight them.
Seriously, is the problem really that bad? I could understand it if 3 out of every 4 opponents were hacking, but really, how many is it? One in a hundred? One in fifty?
But finally, as the saying goes- "If you can't beat em..." etc etc whatever it is they say. If cheating has become so rampant and everybody else is getting away with it, then why don't you just go ahead and cheat too? If what you say is true then it isn't immoral- you're just leveling the playing field. Does it defeat the purpose of playing? Yeah, probably... but if everyone is cheating and getting away with it, well, there's no purpose to playing it anyway because you still can't win.

There are literally thousands of games out there. Play the ones you enjoy and ignore the ones that cause rage. If you think you have a genuine issue and the developer refuses to act, vote with your feet. If everything else has failed, it may be the only other way to get their attention (short of turning up naked in their office chanting and waving a sign in support of your cause).

**** it... just play Sudoku- guaranteed no cheaters (except the ones who write the numbers between the squares... the bastards.)

Anyway... Mark, are you serious? How could anyone logically conclude that any business would favor, or even be indifferent to, any behavior which essentially amounts to stealing (by way of obtaining an income-generating commodity without payment. Maybe not quite the same as stealing a bike or shoplifting- probably closer to piracy I guess but the result to the business is the same).
There's one problem with your story though and I don't believe it for a second. Why?

We get reports by players every day accusing legitimate players of cheating, and then follow-up e-mails accusing us of favoring cheats because we're not banning these legit players.

Mark...

...no one that stupid would have the capacity to handle something as complex as composing, let alone sending an email.:rolleyes:

k0de
10-28-2011, 11:16 PM
I might be missing the point here but really, who cares if someone else is cheating? We're not playing the CC World Cup are we? And it's not as though you can "win" the game- it just keeps going, right? There's no cash prize or trophy or new car on the line- at worst you lose some fake money now and then or record a loss in your stats (boo-hoo:(- *a lone violinist appears and begins to play a mournful tune*)

So some dude with hax loots your hood. Who cares? If that guy didn't then someone else would have. Or is it the other way around? You spy a massive loot to be had but can't pull it off because of the opponents insanely high ill-gotten A/D? Well... too bad- you're gonna have to choose one of the 19 other opponents on the rivals list. If it's still tearing you up inside, just remember that all those L8, 9, 10 buildings you couldn't rob... they were probably upgraded with gold anyway. Thus, if not for the hax it probably wouldn't have been much of a loot anyway, so aside from the few seconds it takes you to travel there and check op. stats, the net effect is pretty much zero.
So if the guy owns 200 Bloody Mayhem or 500 Cyber Bike... just don't fight them.
Seriously, is the problem really that bad? I could understand it if 3 out of every 4 opponents were hacking, but really, how many is it? One in a hundred? One in fifty?

Or how about this: as the saying goes- "If you can't beat em..." etc etc whatever it is they say. If cheating has become so rampant and everybody else is getting away with it, then why don't you just go ahead and cheat too? If what you say is true then it isn't immoral- you're just leveling the playing field. Does it defeat the purpose of playing? Yeah, probably... but if everyone is cheating and getting away with it, well, there's no purpose to playing it anyway because you still can't win.

There are literally thousands of games out there. Play the ones you enjoy and ignore the ones that cause rage. If you think you have a genuine issue and the developer refuses to act, vote with your feet. If everything else has failed, it may be the only other way to get their attention (short of turning up naked in their office chanting and waving a sign in support of your cause- your own sort of "Occupy Funzio" protest).

**** it... just play Sudoku- guaranteed no cheaters (except the ones who write the numbers between the squares... the bastards.)

Anyway... Mark, are you serious? How could anyone logically conclude that any business would favor, or even be indifferent to, any behavior which essentially amounts to stealing (by way of obtaining an income-generating commodity without payment. Maybe not quite the same as stealing a bike or shoplifting- probably closer to piracy I guess but the result to the business is the same).
There's one problem with your story though and I don't believe it for a second. Why?

We get reports by players every day accusing legitimate players of cheating, and then follow-up e-mails accusing us of favoring cheats because we're not banning these legit players.

Mark...

...no one that stupid would have the capacity to handle something as complex as composing, let alone sending an email.:rolleyes:

phantom123
10-29-2011, 04:48 AM
I have to agree with Khung because I have snap shots of this guy with all lvl 10 buildings and crazy income for his lvl. I reported him and nothing happened. "j" the developer told me he was not cheating. Few days later I caught him constructing 2 buildings at once took a snap shot of that and send it to "j" asking for a ban. I get a reply back saying "never ask for a ban for another Player". Still visit his hood from time to time and nothing has been done. Infact, one of these cheaters told me that he is allowed to do multiple upgrades and constuction because he is the owners Son.

k0de
10-29-2011, 05:01 AM
Okay then. So tell me what you think about this-
http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz338/malicious_kode/****/IMG_0549.jpg

Leetfeet
10-29-2011, 05:14 AM
The problem with cheaters is that if nothing is done, or if the repercussions are too small, they multiply and multiply. Like Mr. Smiths!

Lana Mano
10-29-2011, 05:20 AM
oh theres a new cheat ive stumbled upon when checking out another player... the respect coin cheat. dude has like over 1k of respect items in all categories... weapons, melee, armor n vehicle. u wonder how in gays hell they received ridic amount of respect points to buy thousands of each (night vision goggles, chain whip etc) with low # of fights n robs in their profile... or is it possible to buy respect points now? extremely suspect.

Melvin Tan
10-29-2011, 05:50 AM
"buy" is not the proper word..."edit" i might say :P

KronicK
10-29-2011, 06:11 AM
I have to agree with Khung because I have snap shots of this guy with all lvl 10 buildings and crazy income for his lvl. I reported him and nothing happened. "j" the developer told me he was not cheating. Few days later I caught him constructing 2 buildings at once took a snap shot of that and send it to "j" asking for a ban. I get a reply back saying "never ask for a ban for another Player". Still visit his hood from time to time and nothing has been done. Infact, one of these cheaters told me that he is allowed to do multiple upgrades and constuction because he is the owners Son.
thank you for your contribution on this topic, not like the other ****head " who cares" , " so what", blah blah blah...
back to the topic: not only this, i got plenty of the pictures like two building in one spot, guys with like 9k attack point and 40K of defense because all of his building are lvl 10( money and defense buildings)..etc
So if I in this case like Mark, i will listen carefully before I reply back to you- the players rather than say " nothing like your accuse is happen".

whocareswhatmynameis
10-29-2011, 06:18 AM
thank you for your contribution on this topic, not like the other ****head " who cares" , " so what", blah blah blah...

what did i do?

KronicK
10-29-2011, 06:26 AM
what did i do?
haha, not you man! I mean the one say it =))

xclusiv
10-29-2011, 06:31 AM

what the hell???

Amber_
10-29-2011, 06:47 AM
I totally agree with Khung and KronicK!
You ppl that write "stop *****in it's just a game" are so stupid. No one is *****in, and you're right, it IS just a game, no one has maintained anything else. But a game will loose it's purpose if some players have a huge advantage. Besides that, the developers loose money if people can get the gold for free instead of paying for it. That will, in the long run, result in no more updates and the game will eventually be discontinued.

I, among others, sees the gold as a good way to support the game and the developers.
I think that the people who writes stupid comments on how they don't care about cheaters are probably cheaters them selves. Cuz no one who puts effort, time and money into this game appreciates cheaters.

xclusiv
10-29-2011, 06:50 AM
i agree with some of what your saying, i dont like people gold cheating not cool, because its nice to get gold for nice items, but in terms of buy gold to support the developers, theyve already made over 20 million dollars. i dont really think they need much more support lol

KronicK
10-29-2011, 06:56 AM
I totally agree with Khung and KronicK!
You ppl that write "stop *****in it's just a game" are so stupid. No one is *****in, and you're right, it IS just a game, no one has maintained anything else. But a game will loose it's purpose if some players have a huge advantage. Besides that, the developers loose money if people can get the gold for free instead of paying for it. That will, in the long run, result in no more updates and the game will eventually be discontinued.

I, among others, sees the gold as a good way to support the game and the developers.
I think that the people who writes stupid comments on how they don't care about cheaters are probably cheaters them selves. Cuz no one who puts effort, time and money into this game appreciates cheaters.
well said, totally agreed with you!

KronicK
10-29-2011, 06:58 AM
i agree with some of what your saying, i dont like people gold cheating not cool, because its nice to get gold for nice items, but in terms of buy gold to support the developers, theyve already made over 20 million dollars. i dont really think they need much more support lol
lol, you are right but who doesnt need money man, if they keep this up, next year will be like 1 mil in profit. But if they change it, next year could be 40 mils, you never know right :)

khung003
10-29-2011, 08:27 AM
guys, about 3,4 buildings build at 1 time or having 3,4 buildings, it's not cheat, we can call it a trick. It's just a lag & late update problem. And I think you can do it if you want, all you need is a lag internet connection.

I did it once, I build a new building, because of the connection is not good, it say error. I re-build the building at the same place, and just continuously re-do that several times. When the connection is good again, you know what happened ? 4 buildings build at once at the same place.

I sold 2 buildings and get back the money I spent :D.

For 2 buildings upgrade at the same time, you can do the same. Actually people won't see any buildings that are upgrading, so if you do that, no one will see. I did that once and safe.

Another good thing I did and keep for a long time without being discovered is I let 2 buildings overlap each other. save place and safe. But it's hard to upgrade both, because I can select one only.

Anyway, I'm not a cheater. so I just transfer CC to a better device and never repeat those tricks again.

Max Power
10-29-2011, 08:30 AM
guys, about 3,4 buildings build at 1 time or having 3,4 buildings, it's not cheat, we can call it a trick. It's just a lag & late update problem. And I think you can do it if you want, all you need is a lag internet connection.

I did it once, I build a new building, because of the connection is not good, it say error. I re-build the building at the same place, and just continuously re-do that several times. When the connection is good again, you know what happened ? 4 buildings build at once at the same place.

I sold 2 buildings and get back the money I spent :D.

For 2 buildings upgrade at the same time, you can do the same. Actually people won't see any buildings that are upgrading, so if you do that, no one will see. I did that once and safe.

Another good thing I did and keep for a long time without being discovered is I let 2 buildings overlap each other. save place and safe. But it's hard to upgrade both, because I can select one only.

Anyway, I'm not a cheater. so I just transfer CC to a better device and never repeat those tricks again.

So, you're not a cheater but you cheated?

Is this what they call speaking in Khungs?

khung003
10-29-2011, 08:40 AM
lol, you make me laugh. If you call it cheat, that what you called. It's just no more than a trick. I don't access to game data, edit it as the sole purpose is getting advantages from that.

If I do cheat, guy, keep it in mind that if I do cheat, I will be one of the strongest in this game.

Amber_
10-29-2011, 08:45 AM

Of course people don't buy gold ONLY to support the developers, but it's a plus. And yeah, they've probably made a lot of money on this game, but a big game like this costs to run too. This is not the case right now, but as I said, if everyone started cheating and no one actually bought gold, in the long run there would be no more updates. Gold is the only income for the developers, since there's no ads (thank god for that).
But as I said, this will probably never happen. The most important thing anyway is that the game would loose it's purpose if not everyone had the same outset.

k0de
10-29-2011, 09:00 AM

what did i do?

No don't worry- he was talking to me.

Put simply, I failed to realize that CC=SRS BIZNS. Worse still, now there are people on the internet who think that I'm a ****head. FML.

Well, at least it can't get any worse.

You ppl that write "stop *****in it's just a game" are so stupid.

Oh ffs!! Not only am I a ****head, I'm also stupid as well. Now I'm a stupid ****head!

Besides that, the developers loose money if people can get the gold for free instead of paying for it. That will, in the long run, result in no more updates and the game will eventually be discontinued.

That would suck. There would be nothing to complain about.

Look, maybe it's because I'm a stupid cheating ****head (yes, not caring about cheats means I probably am one) but I still don't understand what they have done that could have sapped so much enjoyment out of what is clearly a much beloved game. Do they loot your money? Do they beat you at fights? Do they upgrade all their buildings and use the money to buy more weapons so you can't beat them? How many are there? Half your rivals? 3/4? One a day? Explain it to me. I can empathize with you if I understand the situation... maybe...

Castun
10-29-2011, 09:08 AM
lol, you make me laugh. If you call it cheat, that what you called. It's just no more than a trick. I don't access to game data, edit it as the sole purpose is getting advantages from that.

If I do cheat, guy, keep it in mind that if I do cheat, I will be one of the strongest in this game.

Exploiting bugs or glitches that give you an advantage is still considered cheating in almost any game I can think of, FYI.

khung003
10-29-2011, 09:09 AM
@k0de: the way you talked I feel like you always think everything you do is right. So if you're a pick pocket, I believe you will tell everyone that it's a good job.

How can I teach person like that what is right and what is wrong?

khung003
10-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Exploiting bugs or glitches that give you an advantage is still considered cheating in almost any game I can think of, FYI.

You may be right as in your theory. 2 things you're not right in practice:
- That's is a bug that accidentally happen to me, and never been fixed by Funzio.
- I don't abuse the bug to get advantages.

More exercise for you theory man:
1 - If you happen to do an action 4 times in order to build 1, and the game return you 4 buildings. What do you do?
a) keep 4
b) sell 2
c) Take snapshot and report Funzio a bug and you're a cheater (as defined in your theory)

2 - If you happen to do upgrade 2 times and the game upgrade 2 buildings. What do you do?
a) "OMG - WTF - WTH"
b) Take snapshot and report Funzio a bug and you're a cheater (as defined in your theory)
c) Leave it.

3 - You found a bug and what next
a) Abuse it
b) Ignore it, you know why Funzio can't fix it.
c) Report Funzio a bug even you know why Funzio can't fix it.

Do the homework to find out the difference between theory and practice.

BigCheese
10-29-2011, 10:40 AM
oh... such a long long long argument. yea if it is the owner son what can u do? take it or leave it. there will always be a favoritism everywhere. cheers this is just a game. we dont like cheater but what can u do? create u own CC ? 2cents comment

Castun
10-29-2011, 12:20 PM
b) Ignore it, you know why Funzio can't fix it.
c) Report Funzio a bug even you know why Funzio can't fix it.

Do the homework to find out the difference between theory and practice.

I didn't realize you were a CC dev. /sarcasm

How do you know that Funzio can't fix it? It's something that's caused by the game getting out of sync with the server due to lag or a bad connection, but rather than their server just correcting the issue on your iDevice by making sure what's on your device is the same as the server, they just let it be.

If you'd report it to them they'd at least fix the error on your end, but since you'd rather just sell off the extra buildings and keep the difference, it's clear you're of the mindset that 'Well, the game's glitched, so I'm going to continue to exploit the glitch whenever it happens just because Funzio won't do anything about it anyway, i.e. the definition of cheating. Just because you're not intentionally doing it, you're more than happy to keep whatever advantage you gain without trying to have them correct it.

It's amazing the morals that people teach their kids these days.

Kirbnite
10-29-2011, 12:38 PM
The reason I feel this not been reported would be that if I'm understanding what is happening correctly. Then multiple building are built for the price of 1 as the bank account is not charged until funzio construction begins. Therefore, build four, sell 2. Get 4 for the price of 1. Sell 2 and get 50% of build cost per extra 2. Now has 2 new buildings, built at the same time and the end cost would be free.

Max Power
10-29-2011, 01:09 PM

Yes, you will be mighty and strong. The most macho guy on your phone. Bravo.

I wouldn't even mind that you "took advantage of a trick" (cheating in the real world), but the fact that you whine about it here non-stop makes it especially ironic.

Just log out please. Adults are playing.

Duke.0
10-29-2011, 01:35 PM
I can see the arguments here about why cheating is bad and hurts the game and the company (funzio).

However, all one can do is report a suspected cheater and let Funzio do their jobs. They are not obligated to report to the universe that they banned a cheater.

Just play the game and have fun !

If you spot a odd situation report it and i'm sure Funzio will take care of it.

khung003
10-29-2011, 02:20 PM
Yes, you will be mighty and strong. The most macho guy on your phone. Bravo.

I wouldn't even mind that you "took advantage of a trick" (cheating in the real world), but the fact that you whine about it here non-stop makes it especially ironic.

2 things would be right about you and your post:
- Most of your post oppose me, no matter whatever I write.
- You are still noob no matter how long you're playing. (The first time I told you noob is 2 month ago, I presume, and now after 2 months of playing what difference ? level 50, afraid going up level, still noob - I was right and I'm still right about you haha)

You can edit your last word as Noob is playing, it's more correct.

Kirbnite
10-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Deleted as my phone re-posted the same post as above

Certes
10-29-2011, 03:31 PM
And so once again, Khung's rebuttal post only reinforces what the original poster said about him.

Well said. I fully agree with your assessment of Khung's hypocrisy.

whocareswhatmynameis
10-29-2011, 03:44 PM
haha, not you man! I mean the one say it =))

cool. a case of mistaken identity. :D

Max Power
10-29-2011, 04:29 PM
And so once again, Khung's rebuttal post only reinforces what the original poster said about him.

Yup, not much else to say here.

pastis
10-29-2011, 04:45 PM
Hi

I've reported about a month ago (and I probably wasn't the only one) this player lvl 200 who was obviously cheating.
Weeks after that I thought the devs had done nothing 'cause the guy was still playing....
except tonight I finally saw him in my rivals list, I went to his hood and almost everything is gone.
Well, he still has a few buildings but with an hourly income of 288$ I'd say he lost everything.

Anyway, they may not ban them right away but obviously they're not doing anything about it.

k0de
10-29-2011, 05:08 PM
@k0de: the way you talked I feel like you always think everything you do is right. So if you're a pick pocket, I believe you will tell everyone that it's a good job.

How can I teach person like that what is right and what is wrong?

Well, I'm not a pickpocket. I can pick my nose (and the occasional ass-crumb) and yeah, I suppose I do a pretty good job of it, though how any of that is at all relevant here is beyond me but anyway...

I'm not trying to say that any one thing is right or wrong. This has nothing to do with ethics. Really I'm just trying to do the right thing, although it may not seem that way but let me explain-

Now, you have a problem with people cheating and it has caused you a great deal of distress for whatever reason. So you've been trying to have something done to prevent cheating. You've posted stuff on here and you've sent emails to the company asking them to address what you believe to be the cause of the problem, yet you've had no joy from any of these actions. It would appear that you're up against a wall and the chance of a successful resolution appears highly unlikely. This is where I come in. Now, I have no special status here- I don't represent the developer or any other interested party. I have no more control over anything than you. But I want to try and help. However, without any means to directly address what you believe the issue to be, all I can offer are a handful of less conventional options- that is, to suggest a course of action for you to take which is practical and is within your means to achieve. That is what I did (albeit in somewhat of a roundabout manner) but I'll repeat it here in a more to-the-point fashion:

You can continue your effort to have the developer fix the problem. It hasn't worked for you up to now, and nothing would suggest that any future effort will be any more successful. But you can keep trying.
You can try to make yourself heard on a stage in front of the whole world, using the internet to get yourself heard by as many people as possible and bringing their attention to your cause. Where you go after that, I don't know. I can't see the next move but keep doing what you're doing and hope it works.
You can accept the position you're in and try to make the best of it. Although this would be most unsatisfactory for you, it is a hypothetical outcome with a dearth of alternatives.
Try to find a game with similar mechanics (if that is what so appeals to you) or which you enjoy playing just as much. Perhaps such a thing does not exist, but if it does and you can find it it should negate the problem, even though it does so in a way other than how you imagined it would. Only the result is important, not the method.
Concede defeat. Accept that no matter what you do it just is never gonna turn out the way you want. Yes- you will have to stop playing, and you will have to find some way of coping with that. But remember it's for the best. By walking away, you leave behind all the things that have become so troubling. It all becomes irrelevant to a point where it might as well not exist at all. So, whatever the fate of the game may be, it shall never again be of any concern to you.

So to briefly recap:

Keep bashing your head against the wall. Something's gotta give- which will it be, head or wall?
***** on the internet. Then do it again, only louder. Repeat ad infinitum.
Get over it. -
U
--
it
Do something else.
GTFO.

Well, those are your options as I see them. If you can think of any more, consider them alongside those above. Choose any one you like... or choose none. Although nothing has been achieved, I have now done what little I can to help. If you can think of anything else I can do to contribute, feel free to ask, but as far as I can tell my influence has reached its shallow limits and there is nothing more I can do. You can ignore everything I said if you like, but don't say I didn't try my best to help.

...WAIT! One more thing. How about this: You get all the cheaters, correct? Now me, I've never seen anyone I suspected of cheating (though I do not deny for a second that it happens). So... we swap accounts. You can have my cheat-proof one, and you can leave the hackers to me. Let me know.

khung003
10-29-2011, 05:14 PM
@k0de: you talk too much. like I said, some people never feel guilty for whatever they do, even that thing is bad like pick pocket. It's really hard to make you understand what is bad and what is good. Waste my time.

k0de
10-29-2011, 05:19 PM
*Moderator's note: watch the language.*

Max Power
10-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Fine. **** off.

LOL....considering what we are dealing with, you coulda cut to the chase and gone with this first....LOL!

k0de
10-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Well, at least I'll know for next time then.

Certes
10-29-2011, 05:58 PM
I think our mistake has been to try and apply reason and logic in a discussion with an individual that is incapable of understanding reason and logic.

Fine. **** off.

That about sums it up!

khung003
10-29-2011, 06:02 PM
let me introduce you, @k0de, 2 more losers :D. You guys can form a band and start singing about me ..ha..ha..

Kirbnite
10-29-2011, 07:27 PM
I do feel that some glitches or exploits are done and so be it (no stealing was done). I Also see plenty of people who either spent thousands upon thousands of real hard earned or trust funded money or they hacked the game in a way that allowed them to steal. Do I feel they should be able to continue playing? No, I feel that if CC truely wanted too, they could take a stand point and see how much gold was awarded to a specific account vs what was spent and freeze these. If they wont, then that's out of all our hands. Time to move on and play a game that truely you do not have to spend a penny on and not have any advertisments. Now if it directly effected the time I have devoted / wasted playing this game (I'm addicted and spent countless hours on this game), that would be a diffent story. But they do not have a direct affect on me, so again I say screw it. If FUNZIO chooses to not freeze them, start them over then it's not my loss, it is funzio's.

Maybe it does directly affect me as gold is so outrageously priced and the items gained are virtually crap in return. Maybe the reason Cost is so high is due to the amount of gold the game shows as used at the current cost rate. I spent $9.99 for a few cheap money buildings, and kinda regret it, knowing that if it was cheaper and items did not cost so many damn gold, I would have spent more. If no one spent real money they would have updated the rates and they have not. So again, maybe some people truely do spend an arm and a leg for very little in return. Oh. They could be benefiting from an unresponsible child with a parents credit card tied to the app store account. Man I need to go back into programming as a game like this would truely be pretty easy to create with the programming knowledge.

Wow, thinking of ripping irresponsible parents off, is either brilliant or could be considered cheating in itself. LOL

Melvin Tan
10-29-2011, 07:51 PM
guys... all this are never ending don't ya guys get it?
not only in CC, in other games too...
people who uses real money does hack or cheat too...
the money thing sometimes is just a cover up...
i had played online games and lodge complains to game master about hackers and cheaters...
the reply they given to me was... even if they cheat... they did purchase with real money...
and money keeps the things going....its like a WTF answers from the GM...no point to pursue further....

noodles
10-29-2011, 08:01 PM
@k0de that was the best response I have ever read that actually makes sense..well said..

631killa
10-29-2011, 09:19 PM
You have to understand there is millions of people playing this game u need to send funzio valid proof "screenshots" of cheaters. Also remember they might be spending real money to get the things they want. I've sent emails to funzio about 15 times and never got a response once. So good luck with that lol

k0de
10-29-2011, 10:05 PM
Why, thankyou. See now, here's what you do, right? You think about what you're gonna say, then you say it. But the trick is that you gotta not say something retarded. That's where people go wrong, y'see, coz they go and they **** that part up. But if you use conscious thought to form ideas and structure a presentation then it will generally go well for you. The simplest method is to execute the aforementioned tasks using ones brain (where equipped). After that everything else will run automatically.

Oh, and Captain Asshat thinks I'm a loser. Saddened as I am, I will accept that judgement without question, it having come from one who is no doubt universally viewed as the leading authority on the subject.

Khung, in spite of you being a epic douche, I think you're awesome. I lol'd at that... whatever it was about being in a band (or something?) Anyway, I must ask- do you not get along with Max Power and Certes? It's just that it's kinda difficult to believe such a thing. But forget that for now. I have something really important to ask you. Look... would you... I... is there any chance that you could teach me how to be as good as you at CC? I mean, maybe not quite as good, but I wanna be really good at it like you are. So, whaddya say? Can you teach me a few things? I'll do everything you say and work really hard if you give me a chance. Plz dude!!:cool:

k0de
10-29-2011, 10:07 PM
btw inb4 warn/b8

KronicK
10-29-2011, 10:10 PM
personally, i spent over $500 bucks on this game, at first I feel great but later on, I really regret it. Its not about the money I spent cuz I do have money and honestly, $500 is like nothing but just a night going out with friends. However, the reason I regret because I could have cheated like the others without spending any real money OR they did not spent any money and they are stronger and their hood is way better than mine. I just feel ******* unfair and upset with those cheaters.
To hell with my felling and ****, but whoever said who cares and debate in this topic,we should just stop because it is not very right to lose our brain cells on the topic that will never end.

whocareswhatmynameis
10-30-2011, 10:59 AM
personally, i spent over $500 bucks on this game, at first I feel great but later on, I really regret it.

your hood looks really great. you should be proud of that. i don't think the level of cheating is as widespread as some fear. besides, most players are honest. personally, i think the chance of being affected directly by a cheater, either by being robbed or attacked, is pretty low. i could be wrong. at any rate, cheer up and hope for the best!

Ram
10-30-2011, 11:02 AM
personally, i spent over $500 bucks on this game, at first I feel great but later on, I really regret it. Its not about the money I spent cuz I do have money and honestly, $500 is like nothing but just a night going out with friends. However, the reason I regret because I could have cheated like the others without spending any real money OR they did not spent any money and they are stronger and their hood is way better than mine. I just feel ******* unfair and upset with those cheaters.
To hell with my felling and ****, but whoever said who cares and debate in this topic,we should just stop because it is not very right to lose our brain cells on the topic that will never end.

How old are you and what you do in life?

KronicK
10-30-2011, 08:10 PM
How old are you and what you do in life?
lol, just know that im 26 and I have a job which paying me good =))

Mugzye
12-24-2011, 10:30 AM
I've got a few ppl I took screenshots of ppl with three houses. How do ppl get them? And how do I post the pics? Also I've seen a few ppl with houses literally inside the meat factory, doubled up. How does that work?!?!

rustbinlid
12-24-2011, 04:56 PM

I must have a strange version of the game because I cannot see the upgrade sign above anyone else buildings, and I have never been able to.

Another thing to Khung, there is a Christmas sale on. And I will have more than 1500 gold bars as a result. I'm telling you in advance in case I end up with 1000 of some weapon or other.

Mike123456
12-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Firstly,thank you for khung! And let me know there are Many high level players are cheating in the game!

In fact I am in still in a low level about 90somthing , and also poor in english , but I really don't understand why someone can write down cheating will not affect the player ? It is my english problem then misunderstanding??! If someone only cheat in the game and become strong and unbeatable i think it has already created unfair situation to all other player! no matter they played the game by buying gold or spending a lot of time to pay!

During this Christmas , I start to buy the gold as I thought the game is fun and playable " now I will reconsidered whether I should keep invest on it or not. Because if there are many cheater on the game, I only waste my money and my time.

Finally,I recommend that the developer open a thread to keep update who has ban ? Then all player can realize the game setting is fair and equity . Moreover ifI open the game , it show which cheater was ban or published , it will even more attractive than only seen Christmas discount for 20%off!

Fig Oni
12-25-2011, 12:11 AM
I really believe funzio dont care about taking any action on cheater and cover there crime because the biggest cheats are funzio!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You may ask why I call them cheats
1. the defense buildings how they give phantoms defense points(only came to light because gamers themself question it)
2. Gold weapons (ive stop buying any gold weapon if you dont see the con then i suggest carry on buy gold weapon you'll find out sooner or later and I will lol at the people)
3. To be continued (there are more)