PDA

View Full Version : Sad news from DragonLance Heroes

Sgt Maj
09-23-2015, 02:34 PM
Dear Friends of Kingdom Age

It is with a very heavy heart that I am posting to let you know of the passing of one of the members of DragonLance Heroes, Apophis, or as many of us knew him, Bob.

I first met Bob when was a rookie in a guild I founded called The Golden Horde, and for the past few years we have fought side by side in the Horde, the Force, and finally DragonLance Heroes. I had the pleasure of not only being his guild mate, but I also his friend.

Throughout his time playing the game Bob managed to befriend people from many guilds from all over the world, and could often be found assisting weaker guilds in accomplishing quests once his guild was complete. His humour was infectious, and he brought it with him wherever he went. He leaves behind his wife, who a few short weeks ago was his bride.

The founder of DragonLance Heroes has set up a thread on groupme for people to say a final farewell to this amazing young man:

https://app.groupme.com/join_group/16594136/ENZS73

Before he passed, Bob had the opportunity to say goodbye, and I do not think I would be amiss if I shared Bob's farewell message to the guild, because what he wrote speaks clearly to the kind of man he was:

TO DLH MY FRIENDS & EXTENDED FAMILY
I have said many times that this is the best guild in KA. I meant that with all my heart. You may not realize that you helped me through some very difficult times. While I was here I felt robust & normal & fought beside my friends. Reality was put on the back burner & while I was with you there was nothing I could not do! You made me laugh when I didn't think it was possible
So my friends do me one last favour! Do not mourn me but have a party! Laugh & live life to the fullest. Tell the ppl you love how much you love them everyday! Hoist a few beers in my name! Fight the next war shouting A P O & watch your enemies laugh their ass off!

We have renamed our guild "Bob's DragonLance Heroes" in his honour.

He will be missed, but not forgotten.

Lolsies
09-23-2015, 03:19 PM
This is the kind of news that really makes your heart ache.

My condolences to his family and to your guildies.

Vile Lynn
09-24-2015, 11:30 AM
Beautiful post, Sgt Maj.
Thank you for posting.

Cheers in Bob's honor!
*holds up a beer*

My heartfelt condolences to Bob's family, friends, and guild mates.