PDA

View Full Version : Ios9 fix for app crashingb

m39killer
09-18-2015, 10:38 PM
I know there might be other posts about this but was wondering if anyone has any tips for me on how to make my game stop crashing . It work briefly but not it doesn't .lol
P

SteveJobs
09-19-2015, 04:47 AM
Here is what worked for me twice now. Similar to other suggestions, but none of them worked for me.
- Remove Game. (Settings, General, Storage & iCloud usage, Manage, Modern War, Delete App)
- Log out of Game Center. (Settings, game center, click you ID to log out)
- Log into game center with a different account. I used my wife's account, but if you don't have one, create another.
- Reinstall the game
- Close the game and log in to the game center with your account.

From there, read the pinned post on how to avoid locking yourself out in the future.

I hope this helps.

Agent Orange
09-19-2015, 06:36 AM
I know there might be other posts about this but was wondering if anyone has any tips for me on how to make my game stop crashing . It work briefly but not it doesn't .lol
P

Your crashing might not be a result of IOS9. Go into the system and check how much free memory you have, MW is still bloated when I removed and reinstalled it was over 1GB granted then the flip side is it sits there redownloading things it needs again so don't do this on a cell data plan unless you have a plan that has the capacity.

If it isn't MW you may wind up having to delete other items, MW seems to want 1GB or more free space in order to run.

I notice on Android MW is starting to get bloated it is regularly crashing or tablets.

blueturtle
09-19-2015, 07:06 AM
I have 48gb available and it still locks ups. Deleted and reload and it is still frozen. Another gree app doing the same thing. I am able to access other games without issue. I'm on Apple iPhone 5s.

Your crashing might not be a result of IOS9. Go into the system and check how much free memory you have, MW is still bloated when I removed and reinstalled it was over 1GB granted then the flip side is it sits there redownloading things it needs again so don't do this on a cell data plan unless you have a plan that has the capacity.

If it isn't MW you may wind up having to delete other items, MW seems to want 1GB or more free space in order to run.

I notice on Android MW is starting to get bloated it is regularly crashing or tablets.

mikebarth1955
09-19-2015, 09:02 AM
Here is what worked for me twice now. Similar to other suggestions, but none of them worked for me.
- Remove Game. (Settings, General, Storage & iCloud usage, Manage, Modern War, Delete App)
- Log out of Game Center. (Settings, game center, click you ID to log out)
- Log into game center with a different account. I used my wife's account, but if you don't have one, create another.
- Reinstall the game
- Close the game and log in to the game center with your account.

From there, read the pinned post on how to avoid locking yourself out in the future.

I hope this helps.

There are several variations of this and/or alternate methods being posted to work around this. Some seem to work and others don't, but this particular technique has worked consistently for me.
I have noted that sometimes when you delete the app and it says "Remove from GameCenter?" that it does not remove itself from the game center, so it is important to actually go into game center and make sure you are logged out.

J-manKometh96
09-19-2015, 09:24 AM

Just a little more data for you to ponder. On my iPhone 4s I currently have 7mb free space (yes mb) and other than not being able to load the latest dataset, I really have no problems with the game. It always loads and lags very little.

Agent Orange
09-19-2015, 09:42 AM
Just a little more data for you to ponder. On my iPhone 4s I currently have 7mb free space (yes mb) and other than not being able to load the latest dataset, I really have no problems with the game. It always loads and lags very little.

Heh heh, love how consistent gree is....

Agent Orange
09-19-2015, 09:46 AM
I have 48gb available and it still locks ups. Deleted and reload and it is still frozen. Another gree app doing the same thing. I am able to access other games without issue. I'm on Apple iPhone 5s.

Yup you have plenty of memory available. I read a memo about iPhone 5 issues and of course can't find it.

Wonder if the folks in this article are gree customers...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/18/us-apple-update-ios-idUSKCN0RI05P20150918