PDA

View Full Version : Defense Buildings Discussion

Duke.0
10-27-2011, 12:34 PM
First, i did do a search of the forums and there doesn't seem to be any consensus as to what i'm about to talk about.

What is top 5 overall defensive buildings the game has to offer?

When choosing, i'm looking for

1. Cost effective - get your money's worth of defense
2. high defense
3. real estate space on your hood - Small? or big?
4. Cost to upgrade and time (is it reasonable?)

Whats your top 5 and why?

pastis
10-27-2011, 12:38 PM
I think this page could help you :
http://crimecityiphone.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Buildings

The column "Extra Def./Cost (k$)" shows you how many defense points you get for 1000$.

fruitlessbeast
10-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Thanks for that very helpful link 'pastis'!
Here's another question:
When performing and upgrade to a defense building is it still active? I mean does it's defense score still add to your protection while the upgrade is taking place and then added to on completion?
As soon as I hit post I'll come up with a better way to word the question. :)

pastis
10-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Yes I believe it is..
I also think that the new defense of a current upgrade is added to your stats immediately when you pay for it, not when it's completed (I read that somewhere).

Duke.0
10-27-2011, 01:10 PM
Hm...Cool link to that wiki

So it seems like the Guard Tower and the Safe House give the most defense per thousand dollars does this mean they are top 2 in the game?

I'm kind of confused because the list on that wiki was very incomplete....

Max Power
10-27-2011, 01:21 PM
Yes I believe it is..
I also think that the new defense of a current upgrade is added to your stats immediately when you pay for it, not when it's completed (I read that somewhere).

I don't believe that is the case. I hae upgraded many defense buildings and didn't get credit for the upgrade until it was done.

Max Power
10-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Hm...Cool link to that wiki

So it seems like the Guard Tower and the Safe House give the most defense per thousand dollars does this mean they are top 2 in the game?

I'm kind of confused because the list on that wiki was very incomplete....

Problem with them is that they cap out at a number that will be too low for the real estate used later in the game.

I am a fan of the bodyguard agency. Smaller footprint than many of the other buildings, and they go pretty high in total defense. Level 7 is 341, level 8 is 463. That's a pretty good jump.

Duke.0
10-27-2011, 01:26 PM
I don't believe that is the case. I hae upgraded many defense buildings and didn't get credit for the upgrade until it was done.

Should be easy to tell....
Look at your defense before clicking "upgrade" then see what it is during the upgrade. Did it increase or not change?

pastis
10-27-2011, 01:35 PM

I might be wrong, but I'll see tonight

Max Power
10-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Should be easy to tell....
Look at your defense before clicking "upgrade" then see what it is during the upgrade. Did it increase or not change?

As stated previously, I did not get the defense credit update until the building was done.

Captain Torgue
01-05-2015, 11:41 PM
As stated previously, I did not get the defense credit update until the building was done.

That's because you are impatient.

Max Power
01-06-2015, 06:37 AM
Ah, the halcyon days when we thought defense buildings mattered.

t12pm
01-06-2015, 06:40 AM

Yeah sold all of them, what are there now 2 decent ones. I feel bad for the new people around level 8 buying ones for gold.

Max Power
01-06-2015, 06:47 AM
Yeah sold all of them, what are there now 2 decent ones. I feel bad for the new people around level 8 buying ones for gold.

I believe I had 50 of the Bodyguard Agencies at one time, made no difference at all. I did not get my money back.

Morgz
01-06-2015, 08:49 AM

I've had the same experience. I have watched it with this new clock tower defense building. None of the defense stats for each level are applied to my profile until each level upgrade is complete.

To the contrary, when I upgrade a cash building, the IPH is applied immediately when I pay for it. But when I build a cash building (from the ground up to level 1), IPH isn't applied until it reaches level 1. From there forward, the new IPH is applied immediately as you pay for each upgrade. This kind of hurts you in a syndicate with weekly donations that are required on a certain day. Better to not start an upgrade until after your donation day. Otherwise you get zapped with the higher IPH calculation, but the upgrade isn't done for you to benefit from it.

Max Power
01-06-2015, 09:15 AM
I've had the same experience. I have watched it with this new clock tower defense building. None of the defense stats for each level are applied to my profile until each level upgrade is complete.

To the contrary, when I upgrade a cash building, the IPH is applied immediately when I pay for it. But when I build a cash building (from the ground up to level 1), IPH isn't applied until it reaches level 1. From there forward, the new IPH is applied immediately as you pay for each upgrade. This kind of hurts you in a syndicate with weekly donations that are required on a certain day. Better to not start an upgrade until after your donation day. Otherwise you get zapped with the higher IPH calculation, but the upgrade isn't done for you to benefit from it.

I suppose they do that with cash buildings because you can't actually collect the upgrade until hours after the upgrade is completed. I would hope your syndicate understands.

Bala82
01-06-2015, 01:05 PM
how many clock tower can u build ?

smokey77
01-06-2015, 01:16 PM
how many clock tower can u build ?

Only two Clock Towers

Morgz
01-06-2015, 01:21 PM
I suppose they do that with cash buildings because you can't actually collect the upgrade until hours after the upgrade is completed. I would hope your syndicate understands.

LOL yeah...I'm nitpicking about the syn donations, but I make it work.

cooch
01-06-2015, 05:58 PM

Whatever happened to duke? Major contributor if I remember correctly then disappeared

Max Power
01-06-2015, 06:07 PM
*have*

I am required to have at least 10 characters in my post.

*ten*

Characters.

Max Power
01-06-2015, 07:13 PM
The number being written out is for numbers under 10. From 10 and up, it is acceptable to have it written numerically. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, and nine need to be written out.

That depends on your style guide. Both are correct. One is more common.

HavingFun
01-14-2015, 07:10 PM
Problem with them is that they cap out at a number that will be too low for the real estate used later in the game.

I am a fan of the bodyguard agency. Smaller footprint than many of the other buildings, and they go pretty high in total defense. Level 7 is 341, level 8 is 463. That's a pretty good jump.

Thank you. I will upgrade the bodyguard agency.

DragCro
01-15-2015, 02:17 AM
Necro thread.
Closing it..
Please open new threads don't post on old ones