PDA

View Full Version : Possible iOS 9 Lockout Problem Solution

Kokes58
09-17-2015, 06:02 PM
I finally did enough things that I came across something that allows me back in the game. I had tried this suggestion multiple times on both my iPhone 6 and my iPad Air 2 without any success.

1- Delete the MW App
2- Sign Out of the Game Center (Do this through Setting, Game Center and Click on your Apple ID and then select Sign Out)
3- Reboot your device
4- Install MW App

Here is what I finally did different. I was curious why the MW app seemed to install so quickly after I deleted it. After doing some research I found you can hide previously purchased items which I believe makes your device to a fresh download of the app. So here are the new recommend steps to take.

1- Delete the MW App and select Remove Data
2- Sign Out of the Game Center (Do this through Setting, Game Center and Click on your Apple ID and then select Sign Out)
3- Reboot your device
4- Open the App Store and select Purchased on the bottom.
5- In the Search Box type Modern War
6- In the Modern War box right slide and select Hide
7- Now install the MW App again

This worked for my iPad Air 2 but not my iPhone 6. I'm still working on the iPhone. Hopefully this works for others also. I am extremely interested in hearing if this does help others.

crazeejay
09-17-2015, 06:28 PM
There is no "purchased" option for me in the app store on my 6plus

Kokes58
09-17-2015, 06:34 PM
Sorry on the iPhone go to Update and there you will see the Purchased tab.

Here we go
09-17-2015, 06:42 PM
This worked for my iPad Air 2 but not iPad 3. Thanks.

Kokes58
09-17-2015, 06:48 PM
I'm glad it worked for at least one device.

This worked for my iPad Air 2 but not iPad 3. Thanks.

SteveJobs
09-17-2015, 07:07 PM
This did not help me. thanks for trying.

crazeejay
09-17-2015, 07:13 PM
This did not help me. thanks for trying.

Same with me. Thanks

Sirius
09-17-2015, 07:18 PM
Passing this to the team. Thanks for trying to help!

Danger Mouse
09-17-2015, 08:30 PM
Passing this to the team. Thanks for trying to help!

Well, someone's go to.

Big John
09-18-2015, 02:24 AM
Worked for me on my ipad mini, didnt even reboot.

Atego
09-18-2015, 07:06 AM
Worked on my iPad 2 without hiding. Thx Kokes

carl9764
09-18-2015, 07:35 AM
Thanks but no joy here

goblue21
09-18-2015, 08:18 AM
it will work for about an hour, but then i get locked out again

Sheldor Sir
09-18-2015, 08:33 AM
press and hold until little x appears, press x problem solved. enjoy time with girlfriend/wife &/or kids. then try again next week after a relaxed weekend

Vile Lynn
09-18-2015, 08:59 AM
First of all, do not update to iOS9 until it's compatible.

Seems like the lockout is affecting customers differently depending on the device and Game Center set-up.

One of these workarounds might work for you...
Good luck until GREE gets a permanent & viable fix!

Stoopid question: after one updates to iOS9, can they go back to their old iOS?

Kinda (or maybe)

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iosapps/how-downgrade-from-ios-9-to-8-7-reinstall-ios-8-3522302/

If you had a backup

Edit: This wont work for long.. Apple will shut the door soon..

I was locked out now it work fine this is what i did

1-delete the game
2- disconnected from game center
3-reboot phone
4-install the game

Had a data push needed to force close game to be able to trigger boss again
When the game center login screen pop up, click cancel

For now it still work i will update if im locked again

How exactly do you disconnect from Gamecenter?

What he means is when you delete the app it will also ask you to remove the game and all it's data from GameCenter. Click "Yes" to that question. I just tried it and it worked for me now too!

My workaround is to
1) connect device to computer using cable.
2) Open iTunes and make sure app is on computer and up-to-date if not update
3) Using iTunes remove app from device and sync
4) Using itunes install app onto device and sync again
5) Play game until it stops working again the repeat

This worked for me during last lockout as well

I finally did enough things that I came across something that allows me back in the game. I had tried this suggestion multiple times on both my iPhone 6 and my iPad Air 2 without any success.

1- Delete the MW App
3- Reboot your device
4- Install MW App

Here is what I finally did different. I was curious why the MW app seemed to install so quickly after I deleted it. After doing some research I found you can hide previously purchased items which I believe makes your device to a fresh download of the app. So here are the new recommend steps to take.

3- Reboot your device

This worked for my iPad Air 2 but not my iPhone 6. I'm still working on the iPhone. Hopefully this works for others also. I am extremely interested in hearing if this does help others.

Sorry on the iPhone go to Update and there you will see the Purchased tab.

Thanks to the above for their help!

If you have a different workaround, please post it.
If none of these work, try them again. Can't hurt and you might get lucky the second time! (ugh, or third time)

If nothing works after multiple reinstalls, please post your device type and any other info that might help, like if changing accts caused your lockout.

Lastly, thanks for your patience!
GREE knows this sucks for us. We want to be tapping, not reinstalling.

Gileas
09-18-2015, 11:15 AM
Kokes58 solution worked on my iPad 2 the wifi + 3G (CDMA model - A1397) for both MW and CC. Good solve!

Vile Lynn
09-18-2015, 12:25 PM
Kokes58 solution worked on my iPad 2 the wifi + 3G (CDMA model - A1397) for both MW and CC. Good solve!

Yay! I'm glad it worked for you! ;)

09-18-2015, 12:40 PM
The problem I have with Modern War app is that the intro picture loads, but there is no connecting to server or "hourglass" circle indicating something is happening. A minute later it pops back to home screen.

To fix it, I connect my device, an iPod touch, to iTunes, via cable. I backup everything to the computer and then restore. The process takes like 20 minutes.

I have had to do this maybe six to ten times since upgrading to ios 9. Modern War app is the only app for which I have trouble. The only other app I access as frequently is Groupme, Crime City, Safari ... No problems with those apps. My ability to game play lasts half a day's worth of accessing the app before I have to restore and backup again.

Big John
09-18-2015, 12:46 PM
Same thing happened during iOS 9 beta.

joey15261
09-18-2015, 02:00 PM
Worked just fine for me.
Thanks a lot.
Gonna try it on Crime City too.

cool:;)

1- Delete the MW App
3- Reboot your device
4- Install MW App

3- Reboot your device

ju100
09-18-2015, 02:03 PM
Same thing happened during iOS 9 beta.

Be serious for a minute here, it can't be the same problem. They must have fixed all the beta's problem before deploying the production version... Only amateurs would do otherwise...

Jg48
09-18-2015, 02:54 PM
Are you a betting man ju100. If I had bet it would be against gree

Sheldor Sir
09-18-2015, 03:01 PM
hang on sticky fm Dredd if ur on IOS9 an have issue DONT USE home button aka basically if u upgrade that's it u can't use ur iPhone period wtf

Atego
09-18-2015, 03:29 PM
Solution works fine, but after the WD Start the same BS again. This Company ist totally incompetent and clueless.

Danger Mouse
09-18-2015, 03:31 PM
Isn't it just great when you fire your QA team and outsource it to the cheapest bidder?

t12pm
09-18-2015, 03:49 PM
First of all, do not update to iOS9 until it's compatible

That's just golden lmfao it's not iOS 9, it's gree someone posted same thing happened in beta, mine upgraded overnight automatically don't have a single problem with any other app from games to hunting and everything in between. Uninstalled yesterday reinstalled worked fine all night woke up this morning it loads to modern war screen no loading symbol no nothing for about thirty seconds then exits app, exact same as yesterday before I uninstalled reinstalled, now that don't even work made worse over night

SI Jim
09-20-2015, 05:41 PM
Unfortunately I still have not been able to get in since I tried to switch accounts. Worked on 2 of 4 devices after upgrading to iOS 9, failed immediately on iPad2 & iPhone5, and worked on iPhone6 & iPad3 until I tried to switch accounts. Now won't open on any of them. I tried all the posted fixes and none seem to have any effect.

carl9764
09-21-2015, 10:36 AM
Can't even get a answer from green typical response

Annihilator2
09-21-2015, 07:57 PM
;)how much words about the game:D
Uninstall and forget! What can be simpler?

killbillbst
09-22-2015, 02:02 AM
Whatever 'fix' is put out it will only work temporarily, if at all. They need to update the app itself ASAP to sort this

Loki601
09-22-2015, 02:49 AM
Best temporary solution log in on android or bluestacks for PC.

Jadd72
09-22-2015, 05:02 AM
Tried all of it. No good for ipad4 or mini.

Vile Lynn
09-22-2015, 06:25 AM
Just in case anybody missed this post last night in the locked sticky...

Dredd;1536302']Hello,

We currently are in process of submitting a fix to Apple. We will update this thread with more information when we have it!

[PM] Dredd