PDA

View Full Version : iOS 9 trouble

STLGORILLA314
09-16-2015, 06:22 PM
Updated my iPhone 6 Plus this afternoon with iOS 9. The game worked just fine. A few hours later, Crime City had a manifest update. Now I can only open the game on my iPad. It crashes before opening. No other apps are affected. Just crime city.

STLGORILLA314
09-16-2015, 06:25 PM
Also worth noting: I've restarted my phone, erased and reinstalled the game, and have done a hard restart. No fixes.

TheJess
09-16-2015, 08:02 PM
Yet another reason to delay upgrading IOS until the bug update.

gadgetgirl88
09-16-2015, 08:31 PM
Yet another reason to delay upgrading IOS until the bug update.

I've been dealing with this for awhile and have sent ticket after ticket and received no support. I have to uninstall game. Wait. Reinstall game and then hope I waited long enough for it to work again. The manifest thing loads each time I reinstall so I don't think that's an issue. Gree just hasn't decided to make it iOS 9 compatible yet. Same thing on my iPad, also in beta. Game works for a few times then you will try to get in and either you get a plain CC splash screen that doesn't say anything such as loading or cannot load, just blank or you will get a black screen. Either will eventually kick you back to your home screen. Definitely do not update to iOS 9 if you still want to play and remain sane.

-Batman-
09-16-2015, 08:59 PM
had this issue running a beta version of IOS 9 and had to revert back to IOS 8.
think I will hold off updating

Badrleg
09-17-2015, 04:13 AM
Same here stays on home screen for about 15 seconds then returns to home page of apps

Demolisher VFF Rebels
09-17-2015, 04:42 AM
Hopefully they sort it out here working perfectly for 13-14hours now the same problem can't get Ingame now come on gree give us our fix

Demolisher VFF Rebels
09-17-2015, 06:03 AM
It appears to be an apple server that is down and not actually gree that is causing this current problem

-Batman-
09-17-2015, 06:41 AM
It appears to be an apple server that is down and not actually gree that is causing this current problem

How can it be an Apple issue if you can install IOS9 fine then after a few restarts CC starts failing to load and crashes to home screen

cookamoo
09-17-2015, 06:51 AM
I updated with no issues. iPhone 6, iOS 9

killbillbst
09-17-2015, 07:26 AM
I updated with no issues. iPhone 6, iOS 9

Just wait 10 hours then you'll be locked out.

Demolisher VFF Rebels
09-17-2015, 07:27 AM
I have no idea I just know it's affecting other games it was on the news here about it. I am locked out too so have no idea just heard one of apples servers crashed. I hope it's resolved soon

How can it be an Apple issue if you can install IOS9 fine then after a few restarts CC starts failing to load and crashes to home screen

Demolisher VFF Rebels
09-17-2015, 07:28 AM
Yea I lasted 12-13hours before getting locked out

Batie
09-17-2015, 07:59 AM
I was also locked out after around 12 hours.
I find it unbelievable that with CC being a nice earner for Gree(dy) that they weren't prepared for iOS 9 but then again nothing surprises me anymore with the bunch of incompetent clowns that couldn't give two sh!ts about the people that actually play the game and line their pockets paying extortionate prices for gold.
Will there be any recompense for iOS 9 players that are locked out? ..... Oooooh look up, see that flying pig ?

Vile Lynn
09-17-2015, 08:00 AM
Don't update to iOS9, yet!

MW is having the same problems of being locked out after updating to iOS9 & they started a 24hr Frontline (SA in CC) yesterday! Ugh, bad timing!

I asked in the MW forum if one could go back to their old iOS and this was the reply...

Kinda (or maybe)

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iosapps/how-downgrade-from-ios-9-to-8-7-reinstall-ios-8-3522302/

If you had a backup

Edit: This wont work for long.. Apple will shut the door soon..

IDK if that helps, but worth a try if you've already got iOS9.

(I never update anything until I read on the forums that an update is working. I'm too addicted!)

killbillbst
09-17-2015, 08:08 AM
It's not like people (myself included) haven't mentioned this a month or more ago.

-Batman-
09-17-2015, 08:16 AM
It's not like people (myself included) haven't mentioned this a month or more ago.

Same here think it started happening from either IOS 9 Beta B3 or B4 but had the option to revert back to IOS 8.

Vile Lynn
09-17-2015, 08:53 AM
Yeah... many had posted problems with iOS9 Beta.
Darn 20/20 hindsight!

Vile Lynn
09-17-2015, 09:25 AM
Another thing to try...

I was locked out now it work fine this is what i did

1-delete the game
2- disconnected from game center
3-reboot phone
4-install the game

Had a data push needed to force close game to be able to trigger boss again
When the game center login screen pop up, click cancel

For now it still work i will update if im locked again

Sirius
09-17-2015, 10:47 AM
Looking into this folks! Please send in a ticket with your info/device etc.

Vile Lynn
09-17-2015, 10:56 AM

Thanks Sirius!

If you cannot get into the app to contact CS, use this link [here] (https://games.gree-support.net/hc/en-us/requests/new).

bevsxrs
09-17-2015, 11:07 AM

MW is having the same problems of being locked out after updating to iOS9 & they started a 24hr Frontline (SA in CC) yesterday! Ugh, bad timing!

I asked in the MW forum if one could go back to their old iOS and this was the reply...

(I never update anything until I read on the forums that an update is working. I'm too addicted!)

I always hold off on updates till phone MAKES me update. Same reason.

TheJess
09-17-2015, 11:11 AM
I've been dealing with this for awhile and have sent ticket after ticket and received no support. I have to uninstall game. Wait. Reinstall game and then hope I waited long enough for it to work again. The manifest thing loads each time I reinstall so I don't think that's an issue. Gree just hasn't decided to make it iOS 9 compatible yet. Same thing on my iPad, also in beta. Game works for a few times then you will try to get in and either you get a plain CC splash screen that doesn't say anything such as loading or cannot load, just blank or you will get a black screen. Either will eventually kick you back to your home screen. Definitely do not update to iOS 9 if you still want to play and remain sane.

I try to avoid upgrading IOS, unless there is a compelling reason for the update. My iPhone 6 seems to work ok as is, and the last bug update made caused me glitches. Wish I hadn't done that. Are there features in IOS 9.0 that are compelling?

Sirius
09-17-2015, 11:20 AM
Quick update we think this is more or less possibly related to the iOS 9 beta versions. Could you guys let me know if this is not the case as well post your device type/version etc. Thanks!

killbillbst
09-17-2015, 11:32 AM
I'm on official iOS 9 and no good. Have been on betas previously

Demolisher VFF Rebels
09-17-2015, 11:34 AM
I'm running on iPhone 5 on IOS 9.0 , no beta used here ever and I am locked out worked fine for first 12hours or so now won't open

-Batman-
09-17-2015, 11:40 AM
I had the issue with betas on an ipad air first gen. reverted back to IOS 8
not updated yet to official version of 9 until sorted

!Radar
09-17-2015, 11:57 AM
Just going to throw this out there. I had a similar issue with another app, turned out that iCloud was messing with it. Had to turn off auto backup for that app and never had the issue ever again. I had the cc screen that won't load issue, uninstalled then reinstalled and it worked for a while, then it quit again. Not sure on the exact timing but it was real close to an iCloud backup when it wouldn't open again. I turned my iCloud off. I'm going to wait and see if it quits again.

Demolisher VFF Rebels
09-17-2015, 12:13 PM
I just logged out of my game centre there and it let me log into the game for the first time in 7-8hours as I don't play other games il be ok this isn't a resolution but might temporarily help but you can't switch between accounts either etc it's limited but better than nothing hope it helps someone

Demolisher VFF Rebels
09-17-2015, 03:01 PM
It worked for a little while now even with no game centre linked it won't work it seems it's getting worse and further from a fix not better

haKKaMeE
09-17-2015, 03:41 PM
Hi all

I had the same problem too after updating to iOS 9. Hope gree able to provide us with solutions a sap. Tq

!Radar
09-17-2015, 03:57 PM
Just going to throw this out there. I had a similar issue with another app, turned out that iCloud was messing with it. Had to turn off auto backup for that app and never had the issue ever again. I had the cc screen that won't load issue, uninstalled then reinstalled and it worked for a while, then it quit again. Not sure on the exact timing but it was real close to an iCloud backup when it wouldn't open again. I turned my iCloud off. I'm going to wait and see if it quits again.

You're an idiot, this didn't fix it.

Red BD
09-17-2015, 04:48 PM

THIS^STUFF is why you are Moderator! I'm soooooo happy my political organization was able to put you in the position!
Just remember that, should it become necessary. (-;)

TxTireMan
09-17-2015, 06:21 PM
should've bought Droid

bevsxrs
09-18-2015, 05:50 AM

I didn't update my phone so I'm not having issues, however 1/2 of my team is. Any word on status for a fix?

Dipstik
09-18-2015, 05:56 AM
I still haven't done the LAST iOS update :)

Monty31
09-18-2015, 06:16 AM
I guess this is the end of crime city.

Dipstik
09-18-2015, 06:22 AM
The End of Crime City was when they nerfed the M4A1. It's a slow death :)

Winnson
09-18-2015, 09:18 AM
The end of CC was the Accomplice fiasco...To control stat inflation...because people were in the hundreds of millions ATT/DEF...

Gold IPH boosters on the heels of that was the nail in the coffin.

I figure we got at least a year left before they pull the plug.

Winnson
09-18-2015, 09:19 AM
Some people are saying they can play CC on ios 9, and some are saying they can't.

Can anyone on the forums play CC on ios 9?

Vile Lynn
09-18-2015, 09:29 AM
First of all, do not update to iOS9 until it's compatible.

Seems like the lockout is affecting customers differently depending on the device and Game Center set-up.

One of these workarounds might work for you...
Good luck until GREE gets a permanent & viable fix!

Stoopid question: after one updates to iOS9, can they go back to their old iOS?

Kinda (or maybe)

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iosapps/how-downgrade-from-ios-9-to-8-7-reinstall-ios-8-3522302/

If you had a backup

Edit: This wont work for long.. Apple will shut the door soon..

I was locked out now it work fine this is what i did

1-delete the game
2- disconnected from game center
3-reboot phone
4-install the game

Had a data push needed to force close game to be able to trigger boss again
When the game center login screen pop up, click cancel

For now it still work i will update if im locked again

How exactly do you disconnect from Gamecenter?

What he means is when you delete the app it will also ask you to remove the game and all it's data from GameCenter. Click "Yes" to that question. I just tried it and it worked for me now too!

My workaround is to
1) connect device to computer using cable.
2) Open iTunes and make sure app is on computer and up-to-date if not update
3) Using iTunes remove app from device and sync
4) Using itunes install app onto device and sync again
5) Play game until it stops working again the repeat

This worked for me during last lockout as well

I finally did enough things that I came across something that allows me back in the game. I had tried this suggestion multiple times on both my iPhone 6 and my iPad Air 2 without any success.

1- Delete the MW App
2- Sign Out of the Game Center (Do this through Setting, Game Center and Click on your Apple ID and then select Sign Out)
3- Reboot your device
4- Install MW App

Here is what I finally did different. I was curious why the MW app seemed to install so quickly after I deleted it. After doing some research I found you can hide previously purchased items which I believe makes your device to a fresh download of the app. So here are the new recommend steps to take.

1- Delete the MW App and select Remove Data
2- Sign Out of the Game Center (Do this through Setting, Game Center and Click on your Apple ID and then select Sign Out)
3- Reboot your device
4- Open the App Store and select Purchased on the bottom.
5- In the Search Box type Modern War
6- In the Modern War box right slide and select Hide
7- Now install the MW App again

This worked for my iPad Air 2 but not my iPhone 6. I'm still working on the iPhone. Hopefully this works for others also. I am extremely interested in hearing if this does help others.

There is no "purchased" option for me in the app store on my 6plus

Sorry on the iPhone go to Update and there you will see the Purchased tab.

Thanks to the above for their help!
These possible solutions are from MW but same workarounds apply to CC, too. Wherever it says MW, mentally change it to CC*.

If you have a different workaround, please post it.
If none of these work, try them again. Can't hurt and you might get lucky the second time! (ugh, or third time)

If nothing works after multiple reinstalls, please post your device type and any other info that might help, like if changing accts caused your lockout.

Lastly, thanks for your patience!
GREE knows this sucks for us. We want to be tapping, not reinstalling.

Josh Modz
09-18-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm also having this same problem, tried everything and the only thing that works is if you factory reset your device it works for about 1 hour then it stops again. I've sent in several tickets to Gree and they just ignore me.

Josh Modz
09-18-2015, 11:00 AM

Seems like the lockout is affecting customers differently depending on the device and Game Center set-up.

Thanks to the above for their help!
These possible solutions are from MW but same workarounds apply to CC, too. Wherever it says MW, mentally change it to CC*.

If you have a different workaround, please post it.
If none of these work, try them again. Can't hurt and you might get lucky the second time! (ugh, or third time)

If nothing works after multiple reinstalls, please post your device type and any other info that might help, like if changing accts caused your lockout.

Lastly, thanks for your patience!
GREE knows this sucks for us. We want to be tapping, not reinstalling.

Tried all and nothing works. ��

TaraToo
09-18-2015, 11:16 AM
i left mine alone, didnt upgrade anything and mine works great

-Batman-
09-18-2015, 11:25 AM
have Apple stopped signing IOS 8 yet if they haven't downgrade

Chowda
09-18-2015, 12:01 PM

Sorry mods, but that's an unacceptable answer. My iOS is much more important than just one app. Majority of my other app have updated either before or just after the iOS release to ensure compatible with the latest.

Goes to show how much the dev team has really put an effort into testing.

Batie
09-18-2015, 12:36 PM
Deleted CC. Reinstalled and now seems to work

Monty31
09-18-2015, 12:58 PM
[QUOTE=Vile Lynn;1535013]First of all, do not update to iOS9 until it's compatible.

Didn't work on my iPad air. Gree sent me the same details in reply to my ticket

kids
09-18-2015, 01:27 PM
Hey folks
It's not Gree's fault...

It's the damn home button !!

stupid apple haha

Big John
09-18-2015, 01:35 PM
They should pack up and go home.

Sirius
09-18-2015, 02:15 PM
Hey Guys like it was said we are working on this, and looking around at other mobile games, looks like they have an issue with the new iOS update as well. I would suggest holding off updating (I know that doesn't help those that have already did).

General Dudus
09-18-2015, 02:28 PM
As a game developer you have had access to the beta to iron out bugs plus how can it work for 10-12 hours then not load I got on about a few hours ago on the normal cc as hd will not do anything, got the cannot connect to server but after a while got on now cc just shows cc logo pic with no loading data

Demolisher VFF Rebels
09-18-2015, 03:28 PM
I got in declared battle went to check for any old Intel then couldn't get back in to do any hits . It seems to be random to me . But look forward to a resolution hopefully soon

Batie
09-19-2015, 03:46 AM
So I deleted and reinstalled the app which worked now 12 hours later all I get is the CC flash screen for 15 seconds then dumped back to the home screen.
Working ok but having to chug along on an iPad 3 with iOS 7.xx

Monty31
09-19-2015, 08:28 AM
Hey Guys like it was said we are working on this, and looking around at other mobile games, looks like they have an issue with the new iOS update as well. I would suggest holding off updating (I know that doesn't help those that have already did).

Sirius, I know it is not normal, but any chance you can explain how the home button is locking the game? I am intrigued, and am not pointing the finger at Gree or Apple. Thank you.

cookamoo
09-19-2015, 08:47 AM
Sirius is right, if I delete the apps I have that are effected and install them they work fine. If I hit the home button on the phone to exit one of the said apps, then I can't get back into them.

Vile Lynn
09-19-2015, 08:59 AM
Sirius is right, if I delete the apps I have that are effected and install them they work fine. If I hit the home button on the phone to exit one of the said apps, then I can't get back into them.

So how are you supposed to exit the game?
If you get a pop-up from a call or another game, can you exit by tapping the pop-up link AND still be able to log back in?

Do you guys have to reinstall after you leave the game every time?

surfinguy369
09-19-2015, 09:16 AM
You can still exit the game by hitting the home button. Just don't hit the home button while the game is loading. I have no issues and have updated to iOS 9 a few days ago.

Vile Lynn
09-19-2015, 09:30 AM
Oh ok, thanks surfinguy.

You're lucky! What device(s) are you using, if you don't mind me asking?

Monty31
09-19-2015, 09:49 AM
My game still locks me out, have to delete, restart ipad air and reinstall, I never press home button while loading, why would you? Just doing another install again niw.

Demolisher VFF Rebels
09-19-2015, 09:50 AM
I was in this morning again and got thrown out deleted the game and reinstalled 15times plus today alone and no luck. Very hard to demand ppl meet mins if me as leader can't get in to meet mins as well as being very frustrating .

Monty31
09-19-2015, 09:58 AM
Yes, I have given up on battle this weekend.

gcooldude
09-19-2015, 11:10 AM
My game just keeps crashing now when I try to load CC. Very frustrating! Gree please fix this ASAP!

Institution
09-19-2015, 12:15 PM
I hope GREE is planning on compensating iOS players for this bs.

Monty31
09-19-2015, 12:28 PM
If they do I will have to send tickets for my other two ios accounts.

bevsxrs
09-19-2015, 12:33 PM
how many forum members checked this forum prior to update iOS? I did! Didn't update. No issues here!

rotmang
09-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Then gree needs to compensate android players too. We need to do 2x more now our ios members are lockt out.��

Jonathan Hartlebury
09-19-2015, 02:11 PM
Well I have an iPhone 6 now with iOS 9 on it, and like may others the game became bugged and would not open (home button hell)

But I managed to fix mine ����, but it was a bit long winded and just hopes that after all of it the game will continue to work.

What I did.
1. Remove game from device (delete from game centre)
2. Do a fresh back up to iCloud
3. Wiped my device to (erase contence and settings)
4. Resort me from back up and all phone to set up and redownload all your apps
5. Go in to your App Store and go to the purchase tap and download CC
6. Open and play ���� ( do not touch the home button during the loading process, otherwise your back to square 1)

When in the game you can close the game with your home button ok and the game still works.

Hope this helps you all, and hope Gree fix the background issue soon

Atlanta
09-19-2015, 04:03 PM
Gree knew this update was coming months ago... Why should I not update my PHONE so the a crappy APP will work?? Just a pathetic company... Honestly if you still money on this game you are a fool... I don't care how much "fun" you get out of it... What a joke... Btw clash of clans worked with no problems... Just saying

psyconaz
09-19-2015, 04:49 PM
For the people who are locked because of IOS 9

1-delete the game
2-wait 1h
3-install the game

You will be able to connect about 10 times then it will lock again you will need to do step 1-2-3 again

I got a iphone 5 and it work 100%

Vile Lynn
09-19-2015, 06:49 PM
how many forum members checked this forum prior to update iOS? I did! Didn't update. No issues here!

http://areusad.com/wp-content/uploads/bulkimages-1408785925/Like-a-boss.jpg

bevsxrs
09-19-2015, 08:24 PM
http://areusad.com/wp-content/uploads/bulkimages-1408785925/Like-a-boss.jpg

Learned from the best! :)

JaiZo
09-19-2015, 10:00 PM
For the people who are locked because of IOS 9

1-delete the game
2-wait 1h
3-install the game

You will be able to connect about 10 times then it will lock again you will need to do step 1-2-3 again

I got a iphone 5 and it work 100%

*******************************THIS WORKED FOR ME*********************************************
I'm on iphone 6, and after being locked out since I updated, this actually worked.
I uninstalled and waited about 1.5-2 hours. Installed and was able to get in.
This worked for Modern War as well.

Thank you psyconaz. Good workaround. Your post should be pinned somewhere.
I'll copy and paste this and make a new thread.

Institution
09-21-2015, 04:32 AM

So should we not update our phones to something better and postpone the update for maybe several weeks because of a silly game company that we play for doesn't really care to help out their players that support them so much? If I had the option to go back without waiting for my iOS downgrade, I would definitely stay on iOS 9. GREE is a joke.

Loulou
09-21-2015, 05:07 AM
Come on GREE, we need an update ASAP !!!!!!

General Dudus
09-21-2015, 05:34 AM
Gree employees have been assigned to catch the escaped accomplices that are running amok causing all the problems

sister morphine
09-21-2015, 06:02 AM
So should we not update our phones to something better and postpone the update for maybe several weeks because of a silly game company that we play for doesn't really care to help out their players that support them so much? If I had the option to go back without waiting for my iOS downgrade, I would definitely stay on iOS 9. GREE is a joke.
Early adopters = unpaid bug test. :)

Max Power
09-21-2015, 06:14 AM

It is a element of danger most people need in their lives. I waited a few days before upgrading the phone because I was on a business trip and would struggle without the phone should something weird happen, but I will never delay an upgrade on any other kind of software to accommodate any sort of cell phone game.

It's just pixels. Unbind your chains, peeps.

-Batman-
09-21-2015, 10:34 AM

considering this bug was from beta 3 or 4 makes it even worse. number of players myself included reported months ago now
about IOS 9 crashing and unable to access the game. Gree have ignored it and sat on there backsides has normal

<3 Hz
09-21-2015, 06:19 PM
Wow, I guess anyone that upgraded to iOS 9 is pretty much being forced to retire from the game as there is no fix in sight.

I'm also tired of the preferential treatment for android users. Ever hear of an android user having issues with CC? iOS users are like second class citizens around here.

Mystruss
09-22-2015, 01:30 AM
It is not just a CC problem with the update. I have a number of friends who have upgraded and their phones have become useless house bricks. None if these people even play CC. Yesssss, I do have a life outside of CC :cool:

Max Power
09-22-2015, 07:03 AM
I have had zero issues with the update.

navanodo
09-22-2015, 09:47 AM
New CC update in App Store - would have been nice of Gree to tell us it was coming

Vile Lynn
09-22-2015, 10:04 AM
New CC update in App Store - would have been nice of Gree to tell us it was coming

You did not know it was coming? lol, Sirius just posted the update in the locked sticky.

navanodo
09-22-2015, 10:08 AM
Bit stupid updating a locked thread - once I've read it I never go back

Vile Lynn
09-22-2015, 11:19 AM
Bit stupid updating a locked thread - once I've read it I never go back

I know and I agree... I would have missed it, too, if it wasn't for somebody posting about it in MW forum that a fix was given to Apple last night. We knew (or hoped!) they were working on a fix.

No offense to Sirius or Dredd, thanks for posting! But, we really don't think to check locked threads after we've read them... old habit.

(Sometimes new posts don't show as new or threads look like I haven't read them after I have: some forum glitch, I guess.)

bevsxrs
09-24-2015, 07:37 AM
When checking syndicate info such as ranking I get circle loading indication and app freezes. Ugh. :( just did iOS update today. "Facepalm"

Bad Fish
09-24-2015, 07:56 AM
When checking syndicate info such as ranking I get circle loading indication and app freezes. Ugh. :( just did iOS update today. "Facepalm"

It tells me "updating syndicate data" & then freezes. I'm on droid so that issue is on both platforms.

bevsxrs
09-24-2015, 08:02 AM
It tells me "updating syndicate data" & then freezes. I'm on droid so that issue is on both platforms.

Ahhh, don't feel alone now. Thanks! :)

Vile Lynn
09-24-2015, 08:20 AM

Ahhh, don't feel alone now. Thanks! :)

Wow, I thought this was just me. Hi Bevsxrs & Big Fish! ;)

I have not updated to iOS9 or updated CC, and I get the forever swirling circle-thingy, too. I was trying to look at syndicate rankings as well. I ended up closing the app and went back to playing.

:confused:

I'll send in a ticket to let them know.