PDA

View Full Version : Admin pls note: Decorations are Important!

TemplarX
10-27-2011, 04:11 AM
It's probably an understatement to say hoods in CC are boring, monotonous and lacks character. I am a Level 53 mafia and have been playing for over a month. Frankly I am considering moving on to another game unless the developer comes out with some refreshing AND affordable landscaping options. I know my friends have strong desires to decorate their hoods too, but the options are limited or too expensive. Who is going to spend hundreds of thousands $$$ just to buy a stupid bus stop, unless the person is quitting soon and just wants to exhaust his cash reserves!?

I think developer should make decorations a priority to keep the game sticky and attractive. I urge all forum players who share my viewz to contact funzio actively to make the point across.

silverbackspur
10-27-2011, 04:25 AM
I agree. It's a shame really.

xclusiv
10-27-2011, 04:36 AM
why not funzio make decorations free?

imagine the possibilitys there are many extremely creative people and it would be amazing to freely customise your hood, im sure there would be some amazing customized hoods if decorations were free.

i think it would just bring so much more life when u visit peoples hoods. and make your hood extremely more unique easily without spending a ton of cash which most people would rather spend on a building or weapons which is why, when you visit most peoples hoods u see a couple trees here and there maybe some stop signs etc.. but i mean with free decorations, i think people would come up with some really creative hoods, and it would make everyones hood truly unique to themselfs and make the game that much more interesting

silverbackspur
10-27-2011, 04:49 AM
why not funzio make decorations free?

imagine the possibilitys there are many extremely creative people and it would be amazing to freely customise your hood, im sure there would be some amazing customized hoods if decorations were free.

i think it would just bring so much more life when u visit peoples hoods. and make your hood extremely more unique easily without spending a ton of cash which most people would rather spend on a building or weapons which is why, when you visit most peoples hoods u see a couple trees here and there maybe some stop signs etc.. but i mean with free decorations, i think people would come up with some really creative hoods, and it would make everyones hood truly unique to themselfs and make the game that much more interesting

Agree, would make people a lot more interested in the game.

BudMan
10-27-2011, 04:52 AM
Ha I started a similar post myself and have seen countless others. My proposition was to have scenic money making structures like parks and pools etc... I think there should AT LEAST by more decorations at affordable prices. However I think the biggest improvement (AND MOST REQUESTED!!!) is to be able to put patches of grass down. I think that alone would be a huge improvement and should be very simple to make happen... Funzio!

I agree about making hoods less monotonous. Mine looks as such too. I personally am trying to build every building. I have about 14 left to go and am on about my 10th expansion (i think...$750,000 for next one). I plan on doing some really cool layouts once I have everything but it's gonna take a few more months. Make it happen Mark. The people want some variety! Endless hoods of ghetto defense buildings and towers are becoming an eyesore :)

Castun
10-27-2011, 05:15 AM
They should make it possible to also change the style of hoods, like the street & sidewalks. I think that would really bring some life to peoples hoods.

whocareswhatmynameis
10-27-2011, 06:21 AM
I agree with above posts. I believe more affordable decorations would add another dimension to the game where players show off their neighborhoods.

Cooz
10-27-2011, 06:25 AM
Agree, would make people a lot more interested in the game.

Personally, I thought the guy who leveled all his buildings and spelled out "**** YOU, I QUIT!" in boxes was being very creative...

Max Power
10-27-2011, 06:33 AM
I think they should have public squares with cafe's and coffee shops, and maybe an outdoor stage where we can have fashion shows, and maybe a farmer's market where we could get fresh veggies and build amazing salads and stir fry. That would be fabulous!

(The name of the gnme is Crime City, mah peeps)

silverbackspur
10-27-2011, 06:38 AM
(The name of the gnme is Crime City, mah peeps)[/QUOTE]

Which involves building your own city, which people want to look nice.(not just a load of buildings squashed together)

Surely it's part of the game as there wouldn't be decorations there in the first place, some being mission based.

Max Power
10-27-2011, 06:40 AM
The life of a gangster is hard.

Leetfeet
10-27-2011, 06:55 AM
Wouldn't it be awesome if they added a decorative income/defensive items? like a fountain dealer spot, a swing-set lookout providing defensive, a treecluster pickpocket spot etc etc.. :)

TemplarX
10-27-2011, 07:33 AM
The point to Mark the Administrator is that the game needs affordable decorations that encourages gamers to decorate and personalize their hoods. Like Budman, xclusiv and max pointed out, there's a lot of creativity out there, and little tweaks to the prices of the decor could add new dimensions to the game.

Duke.0
10-27-2011, 08:46 AM
Agree, i would like to decorate my hood, but i'm not going to spend 1000's on trees. Sorry....maybe if the trees cost $25 each. I mean, the cheapest thing is the metal trash can, $250, really??? I can go to home depot or lowes and get a trash can for 20 bucks or less. Fix this please :)

xclusiv
10-27-2011, 02:54 PM
lol valid point

TemplarX
10-28-2011, 12:49 AM
Duke, spending $1000 on trees is expensive... but we can afford that. But look at the other stuff... $250,000 for a bus stop? How about $8,000,000 just for a small statue figure?!! What a waste of potential to beautify our hoods!

TemplarX
10-28-2011, 11:35 PM
Dear Mark Admin, there are various elements in the mission maps that can be readily implemented. Eg in Seaside maps, we have lawns, cobbled walks, beach. These will greatly enhance the beauty and variety of our hoods. At affordable prices, please.

xclusiv
10-29-2011, 12:53 AM
free decorations would be better, why do we need to pay for decorations.

k0de
10-29-2011, 12:55 AM
Duke, spending $1000 on trees is expensive... but we can afford that. But look at the other stuff... $250,000 for a bus stop? How about $8,000,000 just for a small statue figure?!! What a waste of potential to beautify our hoods!

49 gold for a flag ffs. Who is gonna spend real money on something with no purpose whatsoever. Even if it just ran up the flagpole once an hour or something (although of no more use, at least it would do something other than take up 1x1 of valuable real estate). I did see one once though. I think it was either Canadian or Japanese.

xclusiv
10-29-2011, 02:37 AM
yeah even the gold prices for decorations are crazy, id still like to see some more different colour trees since there is a pink true im sure there could be a blue or white or purple tree or gold tree lol

Amber_
10-29-2011, 05:22 AM
I totally agree!
Of course this isn't The Sims, but it would definitely bring more life and a new perspective to the game if the customization weren't so limited. People just pack their hoods with ugly guard towers, it looks ridiculous.. The only decent looking defense buildings are the muay thai- and security center. There should be a lot more fresh looking def buildings, at least on higher levels. I mean the snipers den? Who would want their hood to look like a slum hood on lvl 80??

But, the most important thing imo is (like other ppl already've pointed out) to make decorations free. Not all of them though (like some statues etc.) cuz then everyone would have it in their hood. But trees and signs should definitely be free. And there should also be a lot more decorations! This will totally get people to spend time and effort on making their hoods look personal and creative.

AT LAST, PLEASE MAKE THE FLAGS FREE! Would be so much more fun if you were able to see which countries people were from. Another thing that might be considerable is to have the opportunity to write a little about yourself in the profile, like your age, gender, city u live in etc. Don't know what you other guys think about this, but I think it would make the game MUCH more fun, and you could also get to know people. This would of course be optional, and up to every person if they want to share that.

SO COME ON PEOPLE! THE MORE PLAYERS THAT POST IN THIS THREAD ABOUT MAKING THE DECORATIONS FREE, THE BIGGER THE CHANCES IS THAT THE DEVELOPERS WILL ACTUALLY LISTEN TO US! :)

CheezyPoofs
10-29-2011, 07:05 AM
Personally, I thought the guy who leveled all his buildings and spelled out "**** YOU, I QUIT!" in boxes was being very creative...

Anyone who didn't chuckle when they saw that doesn't have a sense of humor. Priceless.

xclusiv
10-30-2011, 02:29 AM
yeah ive seen a few people write things with boxes and bushes like there username etc...

TemplarX
10-30-2011, 07:20 PM
One guy stripped his hood of buildings, leaving only a signage that reads "game over". I am close to doing that too!

Dozer
10-31-2011, 02:30 AM
Agreed! Its getting pointless!

Dozer
11-03-2011, 02:19 AM
Honestly the only fun part about it anymore is moving buildings around, and attempting to make it look cool! There really isnt a fun mafia side to this game! I am just hanging on for a MAYBE!

TemplarX
11-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Mark, how about some Christmas lightings for the upcoming year-end upgrade??

Duke.0
11-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Maybe a Christmas Tree decoration?
Snowman?
Ice Rink?
Gingerbread House?

pooOnU
11-09-2011, 03:14 PM
I agree that there needs to be more decorations. All the hoods look the same. I don't mind spending money on my hood to make it look nice. I've probably spent around 50k for decorations. I think the problem with people not decorating their hood is because 1.) It costs money 2.) Buildings take so long to upgrade so you're forced to build more buildings in the little space that you have to generate income. This leaves no space for decorations.

In one month of playing this game, I haven't seen anything significantly new added. I hope they add more things to buy (with fake money) or this game is going to get boring really fast!

whocareswhatmynameis
11-09-2011, 04:49 PM
this thread refuses to die...

just shows how important decorations are!

((would be nice if CC developers took notice of some of the suggestions))

Dorian Gray
11-09-2011, 04:56 PM
I've never paid more than $2.99 for an iphone game (that usually includes ALL content in the game being unlocked and there to use)... I've spent $15.99 on this game (unlocking what.... 2% of what's available to use in the game).

Long story short... the $.99 - $2.99 games end up having a lot more new content added to them at a reasonable price, if not free.

Point being... When I think about it, it makes me sad. I don't want a game I really like to make me sad when I think about how greedy the people who made it are. And if you don't think getting you hooked on a free game only to have you then realize that to unlock eveything in the game it would cost you thousands of dollars is greedy, that's ok. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Just look at how they manipulated me. I spent $15.99 on an iphone game's in app purchases. If this game had cost $15.99 to buy I never would have even considered buying it.

And to anyone who is going to feel it necessary to flame me with, "No one forced you to spend $$ blah blah blah." That's not the point. I like the game... I want to continue playing the game... I like the strategy involved...I didn't even mind spending the $15.99... I don't, on the other hand, like the thought that it would cost thousands of dollars to unlock everything in the game. It's so ridiculous it's almost hard to fathom. Again, just one gamer's observation and opinion.

Dorian Gray
11-09-2011, 05:25 PM
If anyone is wondering what my previous post has to do with decorations. I like pimpn' my hood, but the only decorations left for me to get are very high priced or cost gold bars to build. :(