PDA

View Full Version : What is with ****ty prizes for last 2 ltqs?

Phillip99
09-08-2015, 11:41 AM
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dipstik
09-08-2015, 11:49 AM
You still do the LTQs? Don't.

Phillip99
09-08-2015, 12:18 PM
****ty prizes for synd goals for this battle also

namedud
09-08-2015, 12:18 PM
When you begin to perceive the prizes as no-good you've either won or you haven't spent enough.

Evan1000
09-08-2015, 12:36 PM
Last LTQ I did normal up to 10/10, hoping for a small mod, when I saw an item that would make it nowhere near my stats. So I'm not even touching this one

Phillip99
09-08-2015, 04:06 PM
It's got to be a mistake. There is no way they'd intentionally offer prizes like this, it's not good for business

namedud
09-08-2015, 04:40 PM
It's got to be a mistake. There is no way they'd intentionally offer prizes like this, it's not good for business

It is good for business but not in the way you think. It's just a purge cycle intended to do one of two things; get casual/slacker types to quit, which means they stop growing their accounts and requiring additional server space, or get those on the hook to buy (more) gold, which is the whole business.

If what the game is offering isn't satisfactory for you, or in other words, you start feeling like the prizes are crap, you pretty much have three options. Quit because this game sucks, keep playing because who cares, or keep playing and start buying gold because being the best for free is impossible (looking at Evan).

So like I said before, if prizes are crap, you either won and can quit any time, or you need to spend more gold to get to the good prizes.

Jcw9811
09-08-2015, 05:04 PM
It is good for business but not in the way you think. It's just a purge cycle intended to do one of two things; get casual/slacker types to quit, which means they stop growing their accounts and requiring additional server space, or get those on the hook to buy (more) gold, which is the whole business.

Too bad GREE never deletes accounts from their servers

Bad Fish
09-08-2015, 05:35 PM
Never is a long time.

namedud
09-08-2015, 06:18 PM
Too bad GREE never deletes accounts from their servers

That's not the point. The point is they only want paying customers growing large accounts that take up large chunks of server space. If all they had was freeloaders taking up all the server space eventually the cost of server upgrades and maintenance would surpass the revenue generated by the game. Long term, that means they would plan on going out of business at some point rather than focus on earning as much as possible for as long as possible.

sister morphine
09-08-2015, 11:31 PM
That's not the point. The point is they only want paying customers growing large accounts that take up large chunks of server space. If all they had was freeloaders taking up all the server space eventually the cost of server upgrades and maintenance would surpass the revenue generated by the game. Long term, that means they would plan on going out of business at some point rather than focus on earning as much as possible for as long as possible.
So, they should be asking themselves why so few do buy gold. Ignore the mega-spenders; they're just people to whom money means little or nothing if they can blow such amounts on a phone game (and no, spending thousands here does not equate in any way to a night at the movies as has been claimed before now). The regular players look at what they get for their money, and frankly it's very little when you need to spend a hundred or more to do just one event, and there's four, five or six major events each cycle.

What was it Abraham Lincoln said about fooling people? ;)

Phillip99
09-09-2015, 06:16 AM

If what the game is offering isn't satisfactory for you, or in other words, you start feeling like the prizes are crap, you pretty much have three options. Quit because this game sucks, keep playing because who cares, or keep playing and start buying gold because being the best for free is impossible (looking at Evan).

So like I said before, if prizes are crap, you either won and can quit any time, or you need to spend more gold to get to the good prizes.

You make good points, but there is a fourth option, which many will take: keep playing but not spend gold on this cycle. This is what I will do, I will hold my gold until better prizes come.

Dipstik
09-09-2015, 06:34 AM
You make good points, but there is a fourth option, which many will take: keep playing but not spend gold on this cycle. This is what I will do, I will hold my gold until better prizes come.

Gree doesn't care if you spend your gold. You already bought it.

crime cow
09-09-2015, 07:34 AM
Gree doesn't care if you spend your gold. You already bought it.

If that's there attitude no wonder they had to lay people off. You think they would understand that gold should be an 'expandable consumable,' meaning that the more people have on hand the more they will spend (if you give them a reason). People holding on to gold does not help their bottom line as they don't make repeat purchases. Too bad they don't understand business a little better.

Nighteg
09-09-2015, 09:54 AM

I find it ironic that you think there's a pattern behind this idiocy. My guess would be - they have no idea the prizes suck for CC (maybe they're relevant for KA?). Once they see a decline in gold spend, then maybe they'll put 2 and 2 together. On the other hand it's gree we're talking about, they'll probably get 3.

namedud
09-09-2015, 12:03 PM
I find it ironic that you think there's a pattern behind this idiocy. My guess would be - they have no idea the prizes suck for CC (maybe they're relevant for KA?). Once they see a decline in gold spend, then maybe they'll put 2 and 2 together. On the other hand it's gree we're talking about, they'll probably get 3.

If you play for long enough you pick up on the repeating cycle. It's not a finite cycle, it changes as necessary. Soon there will be another stat inflation cycle. The whales will eat it up and the moderate spenders will resume a moderate spend until the cycle repeats with some dead weight falling off with each repetition.

<3 Hz
09-09-2015, 01:04 PM
Sadly, you have to spend $100,000 a month in gold to even stay relevant in the game lol.

sister morphine
09-09-2015, 01:42 PM
Sadly, you have to spend $100,000 a month in gold to even stay relevant in the game lol.
Only if you're fixated on being top of the pile. You can play at whatever level is most fun for you. That's always been true.

Dipstik
09-09-2015, 01:44 PM

You have a warped sense of "relevance." Just in case you weren't aware, the people spending thousands of dollars are just as irrelevant to me as a glitcher.

Brendan
09-09-2015, 02:37 PM
I'm pretty much done with this game. The ltq's are not worth it, a one day war where I just had enough time to get two battles in and I see a game in serious decline.

I hardly bother to collect my buildings or bank my cash as I don't even get attacked or robbed enough. It's just tedious logging in now.

Red BD
09-09-2015, 03:50 PM
I'm pretty much done with this game. The ltq's are not worth it, a one day war where I just had enough time to get two battles in and I see a game in serious decline.

I hardly bother to collect my buildings or bank my cash as I don't even get attacked or robbed enough. It's just tedious logging in now.

Now, now, let us not ruffle our panties old boy! I'll rob you if I can but I just don't know your... oh whatever they call it that I need with which to rob you. I use my real name here, so please, find and rob me.
[Red BD making another pro-Gree post in light of Gree sending him a PM to acknowledge one of his 44 Applications for Forum Moderator]

plavine
09-09-2015, 05:43 PM
Yes - the LTQs are virtually useless unless you can finish master

Brendan
09-10-2015, 03:59 PM
Now, now, let us not ruffle our panties old boy! I'll rob you if I can but I just don't know your... oh whatever they call it that I need with which to rob you. I use my real name here, so please, find and rob me.
[Red BD making another pro-Gree post in light of Gree sending him a PM to acknowledge one of his 44 Applications for Forum Moderator]

I know you use your real name, my one man, 4 profiles smashed your team in the last 3 day war. You have some real whipping boys on your crap team, scored a ton of points off them.

Seeing as I can't be bothered fighting or robbing, as stated before, I don't see your point. Drink less, think more.

Joe bananas
09-10-2015, 10:36 PM
I know you use your real name, my one man, 4 profiles smashed your team in the last 3 day war. You have some real whipping boys on your crap team, scored a ton of points off them.

Seeing as I can't be bothered fighting or robbing, as stated before, I don't see your point. Drink less, think more.

That's the spirit! Seems there still a little fire in ya belly!

Brendan
09-13-2015, 11:40 AM

Keep crying yourself to sleep about how your crap team lost to one person. And a Brit at that!

Red BD
09-13-2015, 02:52 PM
Keep crying yourself to sleep about how your crap team lost to one person. And a Brit at that!

Didn't cry. Did get rid of three whipping boys, which given the size of the crew was a big move. I know, I know, but it's like the old w....er dog I love. If I can figure out how to copy and paste your remarks I might be able to inspire them. So keep the insults coming- grandchildren visiting later in the week.