PDA

View Full Version : Epic Boss now as useless as raid boss.

Major_Death
09-07-2015, 07:06 PM
Well thanks so much Gree. You can add epic boss to the list of events you have ruined in modern war. I was able to get to around 80 with free hits befor, but could only get to 45 today. If you are going to increase the boss stats you could at least gives us better prizes to compensate.

If you spend money on this game you need your head examined.

psyconaz
09-07-2015, 07:53 PM
This event is only 2 days and you only need 100 kill total to get the big prize i think you should be able to finish him gold free

Pidgeot
09-07-2015, 08:24 PM
This event is only 2 days and you only need 100 kill total to get the big prize i think you should be able to finish him gold free

Boss 100 has 969 trillion health.

psyconaz
09-07-2015, 08:27 PM
Boss 100 has 969 trillion health.

Ouch lol didint know that part im on level 55 and still 1 free hit

Pidgeot
09-07-2015, 08:35 PM
Ouch lol didint know that part im on level 55 and still 1 free hit

I still around that as well. I'm looking at a boss health sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tdIKYkyHIFsQIsfrmTJmxTykQf4y2Q7_FBloCkaa1Oc/edit#gid=0

What?
09-07-2015, 08:43 PM
Gree needs to get rid of the boss cool down too. After killing a boss a new one should be able to be summoned IMMEDIATELY. Especially if we only have 2 days now. I could probably get to 100 or close, but I have better things to do than to wait a minimum 6 hours for 100 bosses to be summoned combined time. That is 1/6 of the entire 2 days just waiting for a boss to be able to be summoned, what a joke!

iamnasty
09-07-2015, 09:59 PM
The choice is yours ☠.........moo™������

Cuombajj
09-07-2015, 11:55 PM
I like the 100 levels instead of 150. You get faster to the action without all the dull grinding of 90-100 bosses before you even take a dent. As for the rewards I think they were increased? Seeing the spreadsheet 100 mil unit for lvl 60? Attack boost for lvl 45? I like.

Don't know what OP complains about. Maybe he just likes killing bosses every few minutes. Good change IMHO. Thanks!

rutty
09-08-2015, 01:46 AM
The rewards are not bad, but increasingly irrelevant for the folks that actually CAN finish the boss event.

I'll do what I can with this event but have given up expecting anything worthwhile to do months ago.

Cuombajj
09-08-2015, 02:45 AM
Yeah it's still unfinishable for most it was like that for a while now. But at least you can now achieve what you did before with less work now.

Also I don't agree that most people should be able to finish all event (being among the most myself). There would be no challenge otherwise. It's OK not to finish the event, accept the challenge to try to achieve as much as possible for your stats/wallet.

Pidgeot
09-08-2015, 03:11 AM
Yeah it's still unfinishable for most it was like that for a while now. But at least you can now achieve what you did before with less work now.

Also I don't agree that most people should be able to finish all event (being among the most myself). There would be no challenge otherwise. It's OK not to finish the event, accept the challenge to try to achieve as much as possible for your stats/wallet.

This isn't challenge at all. This is purely a paywall. I dont know what percent of the top players finish this. A game is supposed to be fun and accessible to everyone, not the super elite. Even if a newer player wanted to compete in this boss event, it would cost them so much money since they dont have the stats that older players have. Boost are another thing.

Why they should do is scrap epic boss and rebalanced it using the equipment, make it accessible and try again because this needs to change. I want all players to finish events within reason. GREE makes more money from the bulk of players rather the few.

J-manKometh96
09-08-2015, 03:56 AM
Says who? You? Not all things in life are for everybody.

Equipment wouldn't fix anything. It would still be the same problem you complain about now.

Pidgeot
09-08-2015, 04:09 AM
Says who? You? Not all things in life are for everybody.

Equipment wouldn't fix anything. It would still be the same problem you complain about now.

Yeah, you're right but games are. Equipment is in a more or less neutral stat while stats aren't.

J-manKometh96
09-08-2015, 04:42 AM
Really? Must have missed that piece of legislation. Mind telling me where I can find that proclamation?

Equipment is far from neutral, and if reintroduced will only lead to the same current situation.

Agent Orange
09-08-2015, 05:59 AM
Gree needs to get rid of the boss cool down too. After killing a boss a new one should be able to be summoned IMMEDIATELY. Especially if we only have 2 days now. I could probably get to 100 or close, but I have better things to do than to wait a minimum 6 hours for 100 bosses to be summoned combined time. That is 1/6 of the entire 2 days just waiting for a boss to be able to be summoned, what a joke!

Yup this is the worst part of this event. I suppose I could go grab a snack or wizz but the reality is I go off and don't bother coming back so if the goal was to keep you prisoner it is an epic fail.

Cuombajj
09-08-2015, 06:01 AM
If I want to get and defeat everything, I go play single player games. In multiplayer I see how far above 50% I can get, knowing that I will never reach 100%. And it's alright by me.

It's a multiplayer game guys. Events are just tools to outplay other players. Doesn't matter how hard they are, they are hard for everyone. If all events could be completed by everyone we would have identical stats :)

The top guys need tools to outplay each other too. Lvl 100 boss or master raid boss is few of them. It's not a tool for you, it's a tool for them.

Too bad it's pay to win though, but that's just game design.

Brown Out
09-08-2015, 07:07 AM
If I want to get and defeat everything, I go play single player games. In multiplayer I see how far above 50% I can get, knowing that I will never reach 100%. And it's alright by me.

It's a multiplayer game guys. Events are just tools to outplay other players. Doesn't matter how hard they are, they are hard for everyone. If all events could be completed by everyone we would have identical stats :)

The top guys need tools to outplay each other too. Lvl 100 boss or master raid boss is few of them. It's not a tool for you, it's a tool for them.

Too bad it's pay to win though, but that's just game design.

There are some players who believe they have the "right" to easily complete all events and get all rewards.

They don't get the "free to play" concept.

levelhead
09-08-2015, 08:10 AM
To be honest I don't care what they do to this boss event. I was screwed over by the last one and even tho I put in a ticket with screenshots. I got a canned reply. "We are aware of this issue and have passed this on to our team" not, sorry for the inconvenience I'm aware of the problem and as you have supplied evidenced we will award the prize.
I think they should bring back some of the cs team. The ones we got now are failing. But I know I'm not alone. it seems like there going back to how it was a year back.

Rant over ;) back to gold free

HellRaizer
09-08-2015, 11:21 AM
There are some players who believe they have the "right" to easily complete all events and get all rewards.

They don't get the "free to play" concept.

And some players who will spend the money are fed up having to wait 2 minutes per summon thus meaning a min of 200 minutes (3-4 hours) in 2 days... Seems a bit OTT to expect a paying player to wait that long..

J-manKometh96
09-08-2015, 11:33 AM
Given their history, I'm surprised the lag time is ONLY two minutes.

Kefa
09-08-2015, 11:36 AM
And some players who will spend the money are fed up having to wait 2 minutes per summon thus meaning a min of 200 minutes (3-4 hours) in 2 days... Seems a bit OTT to expect a paying player to wait that long..

Don't all you long-time players remember when boss summoning was completely random as to whether one popped up or not? Sometimes it took half an energy or stamina bar and 30 minutes to get a boss to pop up. A good friend quit the game over an epic boss event when he was done with 99 with 30 min to go in the event and the last one refused to appear in time. Now, it's guaranteed after 2 minutes, one hit on anything = one boss.

HellRaizer
09-08-2015, 11:59 AM
Don't all you long-time players remember when boss summoning was completely random as to whether one popped up or not? Sometimes it took half an energy or stamina bar and 30 minutes to get a boss to pop up. A good friend quit the game over an epic boss event when he was done with 99 with 30 min to go in the event and the last one refused to appear in time. Now, it's guaranteed after 2 minutes, one hit on anything = one boss.

At least back in the day the boss was only 50 levels and normally spanned a weekend. back then I always finished them with a little gold but never had to wait 30 mins.. I think for me 15 mins might have been the worst

DEWIN NUTTIN
09-08-2015, 12:01 PM
If a boss appeared ever 10 seconds, but you had to spend 120 minutes trying to beat it, why bother?
I only speak for me, but this boss is already dead in my eyes, as I'm taking a pass on pursuing its demise.
Besides, what's the point in kicking a dead boss? LOL

Pidgeot
09-08-2015, 01:40 PM
Really? Must have missed that piece of legislation. Mind telling me where I can find that proclamation?

Equipment is far from neutral, and if reintroduced will only lead to the same current situation.

Because every other game works like that. Competitive games don't force their players to spend large amounts of money to play. All players have access to the exact same things. What sets them apart is how they use it. In my Tekken game, I have the same characters as everyone else. What matters is how much time you spend in the lab learning matchups. In Call of Duty, I have the same guns as everyone else and what matters is play style and how well you use it. In the Pokemon TCG, I have the same access to cards as every other player. In all of these games, you dont spend to own things others dont. We all have the same access, spend the same amount of money yet the only thing that matters is skill, not how much you spend.

J-manKometh96
09-08-2015, 02:21 PM
Do you know why it's like that in those games? Because that's the BUSINESS model the developers chose to use. That is not the BUSINESS model the developers chose here. You seem to have a hard time accepting that, as well as accepting that the way things actually ARE is not the same as how you think they should be.

DEWIN NUTTIN
09-08-2015, 02:23 PM
Because every other game works like that. Competitive games don't force their players to spend large amounts of money to play. All players have access to the exact same things. What sets them apart is how they use it. In my Tekken game, I have the same characters as everyone else. What matters is how much time you spend in the lab learning matchups. In Call of Duty, I have the same guns as everyone else and what matters is play style and how well you use it. In the Pokemon TCG, I have the same access to cards as every other player. In all of these games, you dont spend to own things others dont. We all have the same access, spend the same amount of money yet the only thing that matters is skill, not how much you spend.

Much wisdom has been dispensed in your response, with examples to support your thoughts.

People would be wise to take heed and proceed with great caution.

sstuutss
09-08-2015, 02:38 PM

Why make them tap at all? One button 'instant finish' say 5 vaults?

J-manKometh96
09-08-2015, 02:38 PM
Much wisdom has been dispensed in your response, with examples to support your thoughts.

People would be wise to take heed and proceed with great caution.

It's what GREE should have done long ago, but they chose not to. So this is where we are. No going back now.

WBS
09-08-2015, 02:44 PM
That's why grees business model only supports whales. There is absolutely no strategy involved or brains whatsoever. Whereas other games the best team or best strategy has the best chance of winning, here it's who has the deepest pockets.

Pidgeot
09-08-2015, 03:06 PM
Do you know why it's like that in those games? Because that's the BUSINESS model the developers chose to use. That is not the BUSINESS model the developers chose here. You seem to have a hard time accepting that, as well as accepting that the way things actually ARE is not the same as how you think they should be.

Its not a matter of accepting anything. My examples shown that all games ever operate this way. A winning Basket Ball team doesn't win because they bought magic shoes and balls, they win because of skill. In chest, the queen doesn't have a gold limit to buy extra moves. All games work because all players have access to the same resource pool. GREE can make more money if they stop doing what they are doing, rebalanced all the events and make it accessible to everyone.

J-manKometh96
09-08-2015, 03:44 PM
Lol, yeah because pro teams don't buy championships lol. And you still can't accept that it's not grees business model to do any of what you say. Just to make it uber simple:

1. Buy a successful up and coming company.

2. Milk every last penny for as long as possible.

3. Discard the company.

4. Repeat steps 1-4.

DEWIN NUTTIN
09-08-2015, 05:28 PM
Why make them tap at all? One button 'instant finish' say 5 vaults?Great wisdom here, too, unfortunately it'll be ignored!!!!

DEWIN NUTTIN
09-08-2015, 05:33 PM
It's what GREE should have done long ago, but they chose not to. So this is where we are. No going back now.Oh, my friend, ALL of us have many options. The fact that many of us, myself included, are discussing a game is an example of a FIRST WORLD PROBLEM. Compare that with foraging for food, hiding to avoid bombs dropping on your hut, lack of clean water, working for 3¢ a week, keeping lions from eating your livestock, or a dingo from stealing your baby; NONE of this is as important as we think it to be, is it?

DEWIN NUTTIN
09-08-2015, 05:35 PM
That's why grees business model only supports whales. There is absolutely no strategy involved or brains whatsoever. Whereas other games the best team or best strategy has the best chance of winning, here it's who has the deepest pockets.I agree, except I'd call it the illusion of winning. Only one entity consistently wins in any THE GREE game. On the other hand, there are losers out the yin yang or the wazoo.

East Coast Bias
09-08-2015, 05:49 PM

Fully agree with you. I hate this aspect of the game too. But to those who think that every event should be within reach to complete by everyone needs to have their heads checked. As others have said, before it was 150 and a grind (or a waste of time) to get the first 100 done, but oh well. So now that it is 100, I'm fine with only being able to get to 60 or 70 when I did 100 before. Seems like simple math (sorry have not bothered to see if the heath is comparable), but given the prizes each 5 bosses have been drastically improved, I'm quite happy that my sub lv100 account that I only created 8 months ago got to boss 63, which is what i expected since I did 105 bosses last time.

WBS
09-08-2015, 06:08 PM
I don't think that everything should be available to everyone. If you choose to spend more you should have more, that's a given. It's gree's model of pandering to get whale blubber that makes had drowned this game. Clash of Clans has a much better system and business model. One where you can spend alit and compete or spend very little and still compete. You can leave the game for weeks and still be competitive. In modern war not do much.

East Coast Bias
09-08-2015, 07:24 PM
I don't think that everything should be available to everyone. If you choose to spend more you should have more, that's a given. It's gree's model of pandering to get whale blubber that makes had drowned this game. Clash of Clans has a much better system and business model. One where you can spend alit and compete or spend very little and still compete. You can leave the game for weeks and still be competitive. In modern war not do much.

I don't play COC but do play BB. What you say applies to BB too, but I'd add that there is no upside or better trinkets for doing good other than leveling up faster. So the business model is different and so are the reward structures.

Pidgeot
09-08-2015, 07:34 PM
I don't play COC but do play BB. What you say applies to BB too, but I'd add that there is no upside or better trinkets for doing good other than leveling up faster. So the business model is different and so are the reward structures.

This is the way it should be.

HGF69
09-09-2015, 03:05 AM
Oh the loot rewards are sh@t even rares are under 3 million

J-manKometh96
09-09-2015, 03:07 AM
This is the way it should be.

But it's not the way it is, nor will it ever be. So the choice is yours to accept it and stay, or not accept it and move on.

Cuombajj
09-09-2015, 04:39 AM
Oh the loot rewards are sh@t even rares are under 3 million

Yup that slipped past QAs :) don't think this was intentional.

Brown Out
09-09-2015, 10:25 AM
I liked this Epic Boss. I didn't finish the last few (150) EB, but was able to finish this one gold free three hours ago.

BTW if you're able to reach EB 91 it's an Infantry unit...
119.6m atk
114.9m def

That's the last big prize before the final 100 unit.

Edited to change RB to EB. I need to sleep.

Greasy
09-09-2015, 10:46 AM
I like this new EB format.
1. Takes less time to hit your limit.
2. Essentially removing the first 50 boss, save everyone grinding time.

Brown Out
09-09-2015, 11:22 AM
I like this new EB format.
1. Takes less time to hit your limit.
2. Essentially removing the first 50 boss, save everyone grinding time.

Less XP too. I know some players don't worry about XP, but I like to keep my level low.

Ranger89
09-09-2015, 07:24 PM
GREE:

If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it.

Starage
09-10-2015, 06:56 AM
Is the game your life or has it become your life?
Has the game become a full time job, lol a job you get paid to do.
Long as players keep coining, gree will keep the game.
Free players are not wanted.