PDA

View Full Version : KA not starting with iOS9

[DW] maretzky
09-02-2015, 08:07 AM
I recently upgraded to iOS9 and the only app of all installed on my iPhone (5s) that seems to have problems is KA unfortunately. Any1 has same issues? Full reinstall not helped...

Vile Lynn
09-02-2015, 01:12 PM
maretzky;1532076']I recently upgraded to iOS9 and the only app of all installed on my iPhone (5s) that seems to have problems is KA unfortunately. Any1 has same issues? Full reinstall not helped...

GREE apps are not compatible... CC customers were having the same issue with iOS9.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?117696-iOS-9-beta

rutty
09-04-2015, 05:53 AM
Well, iOS 9 is still in Beta so it shouldn't be a great surprise that some apps don't work on that yet.

Time will tell if Gree can get their act together in time to update the games for the proper release.

Sim
09-10-2015, 12:32 AM
iOS9 is officially release next week on 16th September 2015. 5 days GREE....

Josmani
09-17-2015, 06:22 AM
Downloaded IOS9 yesterday and its safe to say KA doesnt work anymore.
Maybe its a hint that its time to move on.

Vile Lynn
09-17-2015, 09:01 AM
Oh so it's happening in KA, too? Err... not surprised. Same prob in MW & in CC, too.
GREE knows about it and working on a fix. Everybody who updated to iOS9 is getting locked out.

Stoopid question: after one updates to iOS9, can they go back to their old iOS?

Kinda (or maybe)

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iosapps/how-downgrade-from-ios-9-to-8-7-reinstall-ios-8-3522302/

If you had a backup

Edit: This wont work for long.. Apple will shut the door soon..

Thanks to HR! ...worth a try if you're locked out with iOS9.

Lots of convo about this issue in the MW Forum if you wanna check it out:
http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?118113-Modern-War-and-IOS9

Do not update to iOS9 until GREE has a fix.

Vile Lynn
09-17-2015, 09:26 AM
Another thing to try...

I was locked out now it work fine this is what i did

1-delete the game
2- disconnected from game center
3-reboot phone
4-install the game

Had a data push needed to force close game to be able to trigger boss again
When the game center login screen pop up, click cancel

For now it still work i will update if im locked again

Sirius
09-17-2015, 10:46 AM
On it guys!

Quick update we think this is more or less possibly related to the iOS 9 beta versions. Could you guys let me know if this is not the case as well post your version data (if possible) and your what type of iOS device/version you are on etc. Thanks!

MaverickMunkey
09-17-2015, 11:25 AM
On it guys!

Quick update we think this is more or less possibly related to the iOS 9 beta versions. Could you guys let me know if this is not the case as well post your version data etc. Thanks!

I have updated to the live version of ios9 and cannot even load the game even after deleting and reinstalling. I can't even get in game to see let alone post the version data other than I have downloaded the one on the AppStore.

Vile Lynn
09-17-2015, 12:15 PM
I have updated to the live version of ios9 and cannot even load the game even after deleting and reinstalling. I can't even get in game to see let alone post the version data other than I have downloaded the one on the AppStore.

iOS9 with Version 3.4.2 (latest KA phone version from Aug 4th) I think everybody should have this version since it was a forced update.

Did you try getting iOS8 back?

MaverickMunkey
09-17-2015, 01:19 PM
iOS9 with Version 3.4.2 (latest KA phone version from Aug 4th) I think everybody should have this version since it was a forced update.

Did you try getting iOS8 back?

Can't go back to ios8 unfortunately. Was able to use KA earlier up to about 14:00 BST and then it has been unable to open since then.

Reinnie1
09-17-2015, 05:09 PM
On it guys!

Quick update we think this is more or less possibly related to the iOS 9 beta versions. Could you guys let me know if this is not the case as well post your version data (if possible) and your what type of iOS device/version you are on etc. Thanks!

KA was working for me after I updated to the newest iOS 9 that was released yesterday, not a beta version.

It stopped working after Gree started the latest Raid Boss event. Please fix this issue.

iPhone 6+

Sirius
09-17-2015, 07:08 PM
Working on it guys! If you can contact support as well that would help! Thanks!

Scubdog
09-17-2015, 08:48 PM
Post version data? Send in support tickets? So nobody at Gree has an iPhone they can pull out, update their iOS and see KA doesn't work and then figure out how to fix it????? Why are we beta testers for you??????? I spend $$ on this game so you all can get it right. Must be my fault.

And while I'm venting. Can Gree please not roll out an event without checking to see if it works. This new and improved RB event is another broken joke. Is nobody in charge up there on the mother ship? I rather see no event than have a bunch of junk thrown at us and see more long time players throw up their hands and leave the game.

Flush135
09-17-2015, 09:42 PM
Above fix is only temporary of logging deleting rebooting and logging out. It eventually slows kicks you out and can't be reapeated

candii
09-17-2015, 10:10 PM
the workaround above worked for me one time. now it doesn't work anymore and I can't open the game. If this isn't resolved soon I guess there is no other choice but to delete and NOT reinstall. sad

JamieF
09-17-2015, 11:56 PM
Post version data? Send in support tickets? So nobody at Gree has an iPhone they can pull out, update their iOS and see KA doesn't work and then figure out how to fix it????? Why are we beta testers for you??????? I spend $$ on this game so you all can get it right. Must be my fault.

+1000 for that. I wouldnt be surprised no one at Gree has an iDevice, for personal or business use. That must explain why all the events they bring are so shhhhitty developed haha

rutty
09-18-2015, 03:27 AM
Only on to page 2? I guess this shows how few people are still going. This kind of FUBAR should have generated at least 9 pages by now.

I updated to iOS9 is full knowledge that it might break the game. It broke the game - though I did manage to get in initially. Stopped working this morning - just get a black screen and it crashes.

I've got a busy weekend that prevents me playing anyway. Please fix it by Monday.

Ta :)

mariusdb
09-18-2015, 08:13 AM
Ok, so after an iOS 9 update on my iPhone all my apps work perfectly and some even better and faster than before. Guess what does not work at all? Kingdom Age. Kind of expected that given Gree's track record. So yes, perhaps time to finally give it up and use the money I spent on KA in Game of War by MZ, coincidentally one of the apps that works better and faster without a single glitch after the iOS 9 update.

Jnsolberg
09-18-2015, 09:05 AM
Here's a guaranteed fix for the iOS problem:

This fix will also improve your eating and sleeping habits, improve your bowel movements, lower your blood pressure and improve your mood!

1). Hold down the KA icon until all the icons dance
2). Tap the x in the corner of the KA app
3). Enjoy RL

Hmmm....come to think of it, this fix will cure all of your KA issues!

Reinnie1
09-18-2015, 12:05 PM
Here's a guaranteed fix for the iOS problem:

This fix will also improve your eating and sleeping habits, improve your bowel movements, lower your blood pressure and improve your mood!

1). Hold down the KA icon until all the icons dance
2). Tap the x in the corner of the KA app
3). Enjoy RL

Hmmm....come to think of it, this fix will cure all of your KA issues!

Great idea! After playing this game for over 3yrs maybe it's time to call it quit! Obviously they can't fix the issue, when the new RB started working then people with iOS 9 can't no longer log in! When RB wasn't working, I was able to log in! Sounds like their server is not up to date with iOS 9.

Sirius
09-18-2015, 12:38 PM
We should have an update about this shortly guys. It's a bit hard to even reproduce and as I've said not everyone is being affected by this.

Assault and Flattery
09-18-2015, 01:14 PM
Please see update here!

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?118251-iOS-9-0

Kat Throop
09-18-2015, 02:03 PM
Mine won't open either... I'm scared to delete and reload...

Bav
09-18-2015, 03:45 PM
I haven't even downloaded IOS9. Connected earlier today, but now it just boots out after a few seconds on the splash screen for KA.

Mystique Balson
09-18-2015, 08:51 PM
I updated to ios9 this morning and the game was working fine until after 8-9 pm est and then I got a black screen when loading now it won't load on my iPhone 6 but I can load all my games on my iPad fine please fix this as it was working fine all day with the iOS 9 on my iPhone 6

mariusdb
09-19-2015, 09:57 AM
So how is that "diligent" work progressing Gree? Perhaps next time be diligent before an iOS update rolls out. Been more than a day now and just had my manors pillaged. Great, excellent, a round of applause and a standing ovation to Gree ���������������� take some high fives while we're at it as well ������.

Undertoker
09-19-2015, 11:12 AM
I updated to ios9 this morning and the game was working fine until after 8-9 pm est and then I got a black screen when loading now it won't load on my iPhone 6 but I can load all my games on my iPad fine please fix this as it was working fine all day with the iOS 9 on my iPhone 6

Worked initially with ios9 now it won't.
I've tried hard reset, uninstalling and reinstalling and shutting down and a restart.

This is really Bloody annoying as I'm falling behind on my goblin prison questing with the next one ready to be built and cannot get on

The summon boss quest line wasnt working either, come on Gree, get your finger back on the pulse please, your the ONLY APP not working with iOS 9
This might be the kick up the ass to delete it tbh

b4davis
09-19-2015, 11:45 AM
iPad version of iOS 9 - production not beta.

Krissy
09-19-2015, 10:34 PM
How do we contact you if your locked out and can't do a ticket

[DW] maretzky
09-19-2015, 10:49 PM
How do we contact you if your locked out and can't do a ticket

As usual - ticket is an email. Don't need to be logged in game to send it.

en-support@gree.net

CrawFishEater
09-20-2015, 04:50 AM
Many of us can't log in and we didn't update to IOS9. Keep getting can't connect to server error.

Undertoker
09-20-2015, 05:00 AM
Please see update here!

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?118251-iOS-9-0

Too little too late, I would have definitely pressed the home button at some point as the game had locked up.
If they don't fix it shortly or if I'm now locked out I'll simply cease playing the game and delete it
It's their loss of revenue and my gain
The clock really is ticking for you Gree on this, if you don't fix it shortly I'm off

Undertoker
09-20-2015, 05:13 AM
I'm the same, iOS 9 the "production" released version.
As a lot of people will have changed to ios9 they will not know how to throw a ticket in from outside the game.
I have emailed in but as usual had no response
You would expect a bit better action on this frankly, gree are very slow to react and the support is as usual non existent.
I know at least 8 other players all with the same ios9 issue.
That's strange gree are slow on this considering how greedy they are because this will be costing them dearly in lost revenue and lost players who simply delete or go on to another game

Jnsolberg
09-20-2015, 05:16 AM
Now I can't even log in with the old version of iOS

War player
09-20-2015, 05:22 AM
Same here. I can't get into game and I've not updated iOS. Nobody in our guild can login. How can a software company be so screwed up? This is unreal.

Tigertiger55
09-20-2015, 05:26 AM
I've been locked out with iOS8 all morning too. Just snuck into the game now but first server call lost the connection again. This feels more like a Gree server issue

Shaianz
09-20-2015, 05:27 AM
Look at new posts to all forums, it's going on with CC and MW too. There's a post over there saying it's a AWS prob.

Lord Vyper
09-20-2015, 05:34 AM
https://downdetector.com/status/aws-amazon-web-services

amazon web services is having problems since 6.50am EDT - not only a gree problem

Frothypython
09-20-2015, 05:43 AM
Thank you Lord Vyper

b4davis
09-20-2015, 08:28 AM
KA was running on iPhone with iOS 9 - production version, but not on iPad with iOS 9. Deleted and reinstalled on iPad. Ran for a while, but once again will not start. Now, iPhone version will not start either.

Undertoker
09-21-2015, 03:45 AM
Still down here, still no update or info posted
Come on gree, at least keep people updated please.

mariusdb
09-21-2015, 08:07 AM
So how is that "diligent" work progressing Gree? Perhaps next time be diligent before an iOS update rolls out. Been more than a day now and just had my manors pillaged. Great, excellent, a round of applause and a standing ovation to Gree take some high fives while we're at it as well.

So I ask again, so how is that diligent work you speak of in the iOS9 sticky thread progressing Gree? Not a single update on this issue to be seen anywhere. Can we have an update!!!!!

Vile Lynn
09-21-2015, 09:51 AM
No update means they're still working on it.

This seems to be the best work-around for now...

...need to do these steps everytime im locked

1-delete the game
2-wait 1 hour
3-install game

You can get in 10 times then you will be locked again and need to do step 1-2-3 again

To those afraid of deleting: all info & progress is kept server-side so you will not lose anything.

Good luck until a fix is announced!

b4davis
09-21-2015, 12:47 PM
Still having issues starting KA with iOS 9 device.

genghois
09-21-2015, 05:15 PM
Expanding a little on this post:

Try this...
1-delete the game
2-log out of Game Centre
3-wait 1 hour
4-two button reboot
5-install game
6-start game

Worked for me on both iPad and iPod.

No update means they're still working on it.

This seems to be the best work-around for now...

To those afraid of deleting: all info & progress is kept server-side so you will not lose anything.

Good luck until a fix is announced!

b4davis
09-21-2015, 08:03 PM
I'm about ready to move on. Gree has ruined this game.

Lord Vyper
09-21-2015, 11:58 PM
I hope there will be an update before battle starts this weekend... About 20% of my guild are already locked out.

Please help! (Reinstalling every few starts is not a real help... We need something better soon or we will lose player again)

rutty
09-22-2015, 02:32 AM
I'm just going to wait and enjoy the time off. Maybe I'll start getting the feeling back in my forefinger

Undertoker
09-22-2015, 03:37 AM
Any news yet
I'm getting kinda annoyed not being told anything, I've still got an open ticket I at least expect to be updated every few days

Vile Lynn
09-22-2015, 07:24 AM
There is an update going into Apple... It was only posted in the MW closed sticky, which many missed seeing last night. I'm not sure if only MW has a fix going in or if all games have a fix pending.

Baby steps, but I'll find out if the fix applies to KA, too.

*fingers crossed*

Vile Lynn
09-22-2015, 10:11 AM
Greetings Folks!

A new update should be up live in the store now! Please update your game and this should resolve the connection issues with iOS9!

^^in case you miss it in the closed sticky, the fix is in! ;)

now to the other issues...
• RB goals sticking
• Orb gifts not received
• Quest start date info

Anything else?

Mathew
09-22-2015, 10:32 AM
Works fine, thx gree