PDA

View Full Version : Why do the powers that be at Gree

Winnson
09-01-2015, 11:00 AM
Refuse to give us any meaningful information about anything anymore?

I honestly believe that not letting the players know anything about the next event is hurting rather than helping.

Case in point: you make a top stickied thread about how different this new Raid Boss is going to be, say nothing about how it is different, and then lock the thread.

Why bother when we just have to find out how it works for ourselves anyway?

Gree, you're not helping with all this super secret stuff. You are shooting yourself in the foot.

Why would someone spend money on something when they have no idea what they will get and what it will cost? Protip: They won't, for the most part. Stop it.

Thank you for listening.

Dipstik
09-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Hypothetically, I'd rather we be left to figure it out for ourselves. Let the smart players rise. Not like there's all that many areas of the game that require actual thought.

Ant venom
09-01-2015, 11:13 AM
Hypothetically, I'd rather we be left to figure it out for ourselves. Let the smart players rise. Not like there's all that many areas of the game that require actual thought.

Especially since it's just a phone game that's p2w and all you do is mindless tapping to win (not CoC where you actually need tactics to win instead of just splashing your cash to win). At least then when you try to figure it out you would be able to have a 'challenge' in the game.

crime cow
09-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Of course all of the free players are all about letting the players figure it out. I'm in that same boat. However, if I worked for Gree and my bonus depended on revenues or profits, you can bet I would operate this forum a whole different way. The forum should be a tool for players to come to in order to find out information about the game, have some fun (that's a big one) and build some camaraderie or rivalries. Obviously, all the strategies for every event don't need to be spelled out, but there should be some information published so that those players that will spend gold will feel comfortable enough to buy up front and start firing. It's almost like Gree wants to die a slow death. Maybe they received bad advice from their accounting staff?

Stubby1113
09-01-2015, 12:45 PM
Ask someone who did beta. It's that easy to get info

Ant venom
09-01-2015, 12:55 PM
Of course all of the free players are all about letting the players figure it out. I'm in that same boat. However, if I worked for Gree and my bonus depended on revenues or profits, you can bet I would operate this forum a whole different way. The forum should be a tool for players to come to in order to find out information about the game, have some fun (that's a big one) and build some camaraderie or rivalries. Obviously, all the strategies for every event don't need to be spelled out, but there should be some information published so that those players that will spend gold will feel comfortable enough to buy up front and start firing. It's almost like Gree wants to die a slow death. Maybe they received bad advice from their accounting staff?
Or maybe GREE's just incompetent and are lazy, too lazy to only be able to implement new stuff into the game, let the players figure out how to give them more money and sit back and let the profit and money come to them.

Winnson
09-01-2015, 01:13 PM
Remember Tadaah? She told us what was going on?

I believe Gree had record high profits right around that time.

Funny how that works.

Vile Lynn
09-01-2015, 01:35 PM
CYA... To avoid a flood of tickets when the RB event was late, it was easier to post a bit of info with the time change rather than re-code it to the regular start time. If there wasn't a start time change, I doubt we would have gotten any info for the new RB.

Ask someone who did beta. It's that easy to get info
Beta testers signed a NDA, so they shouldn't be blabbing info... not that there is much to blab about. Beta testers won't have an advantage after a few mins of it going live.

Remember Tadaah? She told us what was going on?

I believe Gree had record high profits right around that time.

Funny how that works.

Tadaaah was also wrong most of the time... had the wrong calendar, old info, etc...
She was smart to go to FB when Clementine took over the forums.
Relic and Bolt had the same probs that Tadaaah had.

Stubby1113
09-01-2015, 01:43 PM
Beta testers signed a NDA, so they shouldn't be blabbing info... not that there is much to blab about. Beta testers won't have an advantage after a few mins of it going live

You are correct but the "info" was already made public

Vile Lynn
09-01-2015, 01:45 PM
You are correct but the "info" was already made public

haha well then you don't need to ask a beta tester ;)