PDA

View Full Version : "Failed to connect"... but for 4 consecutive days?

Jimmymanfunfun
09-01-2015, 12:39 AM
"Cannot connect to server. You must have access to the internet to use this application."

But of course I have a fine connection to the internet.
I am beginning to get concerned. I've reset my router, tried to re-establish the connection.
Why this error message? Why now?
I've had a lot of errors with Gree lately. I've lost my Kingdom Age game completely it would appear.. and I am working on coming to terms with that.
However, I don't want to lose Crime City... not yet.. not like this.

Does anyone have insight into this error message? Keep in mind, I have a perfectly functional internet connection.

surfinguy369
09-01-2015, 12:46 AM
Operator error! In all honesty what kind of device are you using?

Jimmymanfunfun
09-01-2015, 12:55 AM
Operator error! In all honesty what kind of device are you using?

ipod touch

surfinguy369
09-01-2015, 12:58 AM
Is your device old or up to date?

Jimmymanfunfun
09-01-2015, 01:46 AM
older..but I haven't updated anything. It went from working- to saying I have no internet connection- out of nowhere.

surfinguy369
09-01-2015, 01:59 AM
You probably need a new device

navanodo
09-01-2015, 02:38 AM
My iPod stopped working also - looks like gree lost a few more customers

Jimmymanfunfun
09-01-2015, 02:47 AM
My iPod stopped working also - looks like gree lost a few more customers

really? wow. what a shame, to go out like this. 3 years of playing and just.... done.

sister morphine
09-01-2015, 02:52 AM
really? wow. what a shame, to go out like this. 3 years of playing and just.... done.
Which version of iOS are you guys using? Could be the game will no longer work with versions before 7 or was it 8.

Jimmymanfunfun
09-01-2015, 03:16 AM
Which version of iOS are you guys using? Could be the game will no longer work with versions before 7 or was it 8.

that happened to me with Modern War.. but it gave me the proper error message. Fortunately, I was able to transfer that one.
This one just insists that I have no internet connection. Makes NO sense whatsoever.

I am using iOS 5.1.1.
It was literally working up until a few days ago, I didn't opt for a game upgrade or anything.

sister morphine
09-01-2015, 03:26 AM
that happened to me with Modern War.. but it gave me the proper error message. Fortunately, I was able to transfer that one.
This one just insists that I have no internet connection. Makes NO sense whatsoever.

I am using iOS 5.1.1.
It was literally working up until a few days ago, I didn't opt for a game upgrade or anything.
There have been times in the past when I haven't been able to connect to my game because I hadn't updated it (the game, that is) and it wanted me to do so. My guess is you will need to upgrade your iOS now to get back on - probably the same for your KA game.

If your device won't go to the latest version, then you might need to bite the bullet for a new one, or lose your game. The good news is you're not limited to an Apple device now, but you'd likely have to do a manual transfer by Gree to get it over to an android device if you can't get on.

You say you could transfer your MW game; to another device? If you have your CC and KA games in Game Center you can do the same there. Just download the games and transfer the old accounts.

Max Power
09-01-2015, 12:03 PM
New game updates and old devices eventually no longer work together. Kinda that way with many games and software packages.

Winnson
09-01-2015, 01:21 PM
Did you try jibbling the handle?

Vile Lynn
09-01-2015, 01:43 PM
"Cannot connect to server. You must have access to the internet to use this application."

But of course I have a fine connection to the internet.
I am beginning to get concerned. I've reset my router, tried to re-establish the connection.
Why this error message? Why now?
I've had a lot of errors with Gree lately. I've lost my Kingdom Age game completely it would appear.. and I am working on coming to terms with that.
However, I don't want to lose Crime City... not yet.. not like this.

Does anyone have insight into this error message? Keep in mind, I have a perfectly functional internet connection.

This is the error message (in error) that everybody got with the forced update. After the forced update, no more error.

Jimmymanfunfun
09-01-2015, 03:28 PM
Did you try jibbling the handle?

Yea. I slapped the side of the device too. NOTHIN'!

Joe bananas
09-02-2015, 03:04 AM
Had this on my iPhone 4 running ios6. Deleted cc app and reinstalled. Fixed my problem.

navanodo
09-07-2015, 10:45 AM
At last and answer from Gree

https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=12172014b

Winnson
09-07-2015, 11:34 AM
Yea. I slapped the side of the device too. NOTHIN'!

Well that's me out of tricks. Hopefully you got it sorted.

(try jibbling the handle again if you haven't already)