PDA

View Full Version : Giving more utility to Double Strike and Triple Strike

Pidgeot
08-27-2015, 09:34 AM
Double and Triple strike are very unique boost but I feel they missed the mark by a long shot. The ability to hit 2 or 3 times without using more resources is a pretty cool idea but this boost is only usable during WD. Most players dont do PvP and some are at the max rank so they see no reason to PvP either. During WD, a lot of players cant find targets so if they can use the boost, they cant use it effectively.

I propose a way to make these boost more useful. The reason players want health regen and energy regen is because they have a lot of utility. Health is used for WD, Raid Boss and Epic Boss which are events a lot of players look forward to and while energy is not as useful, the sheer amount of energy based events demand a lot of energy so the boost is useful.

With Double and Triple Strike, we can make them useful in other events as well. Events that should use this boost are Epic Boss, Raid Boss, any LTQ and I would even argue crate opens as well, since these became very tedious and demanding.

What I want to know is what do you all think about this? What else do you this these boost can or should be used for?

DEWIN NUTTIN
08-27-2015, 09:42 AM
You're correct. Your analysis is spot on.

Greasy
08-27-2015, 02:30 PM
good idea. I'd love to get a double or triple hit on EB and/or RB from time to time.

fatbodychris
08-27-2015, 06:05 PM
Sounds like the people that can not utilize the double / triple strike need a lot more attack bonuses. Maybe gree could start giving out nothing but attack bonus for all prizes for the next few cycles.

good gawd noooo
08-27-2015, 09:01 PM
while I do like the premise of your idea.. for the most part this would just further widen the gap for average player to top 50 or the sup players who have much higher boost for double/triple strike.. they are already untouchable by most now you wan tto hand them the ability to do 2 or three times the damage in every event making it even easier for them.

Pidgeot
08-27-2015, 09:22 PM
while I do like the premise of your idea.. for the most part this would just further widen the gap for average player to top 50 or the sup players who have much higher boost for double/triple strike.. they are already untouchable by most now you wan tto hand them the ability to do 2 or three times the damage in every event making it even easier for them.

They already finish every event so they pretty much dont matter to this but all this does is let the smaller guys have that chance to use one less hit and move along further.

Really the only way yo make events "harder" for the top players is to give bosses 10e24 health which cuts out 98% of players. This way it makes the game a bit more balance for everyone since everyone has the boost. This benefits the many, rather the few. Also when Raid Boss comes around, many players would want someone on their team with 100% Double Strike.

good gawd noooo
08-27-2015, 09:40 PM
They already finish every event so they pretty much dont matter to this but all this does is let the smaller guys have that chance to use one less hit and move along further.

Really the only way yo make events "harder" for the top players is to give bosses 10e24 health which cuts out 98% of players. This way it makes the game a bit more balance for everyone since everyone has the boost. This benefits the many, rather the few. Also when Raid Boss comes around, many players would want someone on their team with 100% Double Strike.

my only problem with your reasoning is until recently triple strike bonus hasn't been a bonus anyone under top 50 would get hence the fact myself a top 100 team member only has 3% triple strike (and that is after these recent almost freebies). So if this truly were for the average player they would get no benefit what so ever from this idea. again I do like the premise but unless they made those bonuses reachable for lower levels it like most things only benefits the very top. which as you pointed out really don't need any help

Bndawgs
08-28-2015, 06:27 AM
the reason they won't make ds/ts apply towards eb and rb or anything else is because it won't make them any money.

Sirius
09-02-2015, 03:37 PM
Double and Triple strike are very unique boost but I feel they missed the mark by a long shot. The ability to hit 2 or 3 times without using more resources is a pretty cool idea but this boost is only usable during WD. Most players dont do PvP and some are at the max rank so they see no reason to PvP either. During WD, a lot of players cant find targets so if they can use the boost, they cant use it effectively.

I propose a way to make these boost more useful. The reason players want health regen and energy regen is because they have a lot of utility. Health is used for WD, Raid Boss and Epic Boss which are events a lot of players look forward to and while energy is not as useful, the sheer amount of energy based events demand a lot of energy so the boost is useful.

With Double and Triple Strike, we can make them useful in other events as well. Events that should use this boost are Epic Boss, Raid Boss, any LTQ and I would even argue crate opens as well, since these became very tedious and demanding.

What I want to know is what do you all think about this? What else do you this these boost can or should be used for?

Thanks for laying it out like that. Noted by far. It's a pretty good suggestion and will be shared.