PDA

View Full Version : Wd awards

Hobbs
08-27-2015, 02:21 AM
Are we gonna get a revamp of WD Awards?
Was a Welcome addition in the current Cycle to see introduction of bonuses in Frontline and Raid/Epic bosses of Double/Triple Strike,and was also good they were spread out in different tiers to make them more attainable to various ranking factions,this Created some long needed excitement within faction and seemed to breath new life into These events!
Very disappointing to see this has not been introduced to WD,same old Attack/Defence bonuses for this upcoming event.
Let's see more of the desirable bonuses like:
Double/Triple Strike.
Energy Regen.
Health Regen.
Also I'm yet to hear from anyone who wants Valour Payout and Mission Payout bonuses,they are the most pointless bonuses in the game yet we still see them in most events.

HellRaizer
08-27-2015, 02:46 AM
Was a Welcome addition in the current Cycle to see introduction of bonuses in Frontline and Raid/Epic bosses of Double/Triple Strike,and was also good they were spread out in different tiers to make them more attainable to various ranking factions,this Created some long needed excitement within faction and seemed to breath new life into These events!
Very disappointing to see this has not been introduced to WD,same old Attack/Defence bonuses for this upcoming event.
Double/Triple Strike.
Energy Regen.
Health Regen.
Also I'm yet to hear from anyone who wants Valour Payout and Mission Payout bonuses,they are the most pointless bonuses in the game yet we still see them in most events.

+1

Danger Mouse
08-27-2015, 03:02 AM
Every event should have a spread of different bonus types.

I think what's killed the game and caused the rampant stat inflation is having winner takes all. Instead of bonuses being cumulative in WD (getting every bonus for all the tiers below the one you finish in) just have the award being the one unit in your tier. Stop ridiculous stat inflation with cumulative bonuses. But, it's probably too little too late now.

Speed ump
08-27-2015, 03:58 AM
Not sure most people would like the idea of just the one tier, then you might see some teams sandbagging ( and spending less) to drop to lower tiers for prizes they think are better. I know even sup1 did that once for a defense prize back when defense ones were rare.

Danger Mouse
08-27-2015, 04:25 AM
Not sure most people would like the idea of just the one tier, then you might see some teams sandbagging ( and spending less) to drop to lower tiers for prizes they think are better. I know even sup1 did that once for a defense prize back when defense ones were rare.

Well, sandbagging is strategy speedie. That alone adds another level of interest and intrigue, rather than just tapping ad nauseum. Makes people choose what they really want out of an event. Also, for every team sandbagging, there'll be others trying for that tier from below, so swings and roundabouts. Imagine the tussles to secure Top 50 or Top 250 if that's the prize you want. Has to be a good thing in the long run I reckon.

GSF Wingman GRI
08-27-2015, 04:32 AM
Instead of 2% alliance attack for top 25, make it 2% double strike or one of the other prizes mentioned above. Same for top 50.

WBS
08-27-2015, 07:16 PM
Well, sandbagging is strategy speedie. That alone adds another level of interest and intrigue, rather than just tapping ad nauseum. Makes people choose what they really want out of an event. Also, for every team sandbagging, there'll be others trying for that tier from below, so swings and roundabouts. Imagine the tussles to secure Top 50 or Top 250 if that's the prize you want. Has to be a good thing in the long run I reckon.

I agree that this would add a new element to the game. I remember the event that Speed is talking about. We ended up dropping one tier also to get the bonus we wanted.

pgexp
08-27-2015, 07:48 PM
why not just reverse the rewards say for the top 700 or 1000. that would get a more balance stats. have no idea on how to do this. its just an idea

Willem70
08-29-2015, 01:09 AM
Double/Triple Strike.
Energy Regen.
Health Regen.

You are right! I aGREE on your comment. Keep the game atractive to all players so we all benefit!

The Pharoah
08-31-2015, 03:38 PM
Instead of bonuses being cumulative in WD (getting every bonus for all the tiers below the one you finish in) just have the award being the one unit in your tier.

Absolutely agree with this. Number one priority to save the game.