PDA

View Full Version : Best money building to invest in!

whyask
10-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Hello everyone,

i started playing this game like 2 weeks ago. my current income is like 5000/hr. i was hoping i'd get some input to how to raise that! what are some good buildings that are worth their money (and what i should update them to)! i just bought two movie theaters and upgraded them to level 2! what else is good?? i see so many people here with very high incomes! i also dont want to be on the game 24/7, so i try to avoid buildings that pay out in short time, but if their are any good ones let me know! Thanks so much!

ps. i have that thread sheet with all the payouts, but i want your opinions because that excel is just too much!

xclusiv
10-26-2011, 04:41 PM
ive bought many buildings more of the shorter hour ones and id personally recommend the ice cream shops and italian resturants since the upgrade times and cost are pretty good, and the payout does get good when you upgrade them. but like i said thats if you were looking for shorter hour buildings,

and here are some buildings that i wouldnt recommend, since the upgrade cost isnt great along with the upgrade time and payout. buildings not to buy: aracde, pizza palour, gamming palour, sovineer store, carosel, sushi bar.

im sure others will be able to help you out on the longer hour buildings. the only longer hour buildings i have are the church and loft and i think they are great investment, althought the upgrade cost is alot they are still nice buildings to have

Duke.0
10-26-2011, 06:43 PM
When i first started, i didn't really pay attention to the payout/time/upgrdade payout of buildings.
As i'm learning more about the game, i too notice that some buildings just don't pay out like others do.
For example:

Level 4 Pizza pays out $330 in 3 hours. (Tycoon)
Level 4 Gun Shop pays out $3301 in 48 hours.

The potential for the pizza is 16 pickups in 48 hours (if you check it that often...) more realistically is 8 pickups.
Which translates into $2640. Far less then the gun shop. Thus making the pizza shop not worth the time/effort/real estate on your hood.

So i somewhat agree with xclusiv is saying.
Pizza Parlor
Gaming Parlor
Sovineer Store

All don't pay out like others, currently i'm selling mine and getting better things, i just don't find them worth the effort/money with the small payouts at level 4/5.

whocareswhatmynameis
10-26-2011, 07:38 PM
i feel choice of favorite money building depends on personal preference. if you are the type of person that logs in frequently (say every 3 hours), then buildings like pizza parlor and souvenir shop make sense. personally i think laundromats are useless. sure they prop up your income but you wouldn't be able to collect most of it unless you are online 24/7. most people agree that buildings that pay out at longer intervals (12 hr, 24 hr, 48 hr) are wise investments since you can continue playing the game while maintaining sanity. this is especially true after the novelty of the game wears off.

Duke.0
10-26-2011, 07:45 PM
i feel choice of favorite money building depends on personal preference. if you are the type of person that logs in frequently (say every 3 hours), then buildings like pizza parlor and souvenir shop make sense. personally i think laundromats are useless. sure they prop up your income but you wouldn't be able to collect most of it unless you are online 24/7. most people agree that buildings that pay out at longer intervals (12 hr, 24 hr, 48 hr) are wise investments since you can continue playing the game while maintaining sanity. this is especially true after the novelty of the game wears off.

Honestly, i agree....now that i have a little more knowledge, i'm going to be deleting my lanudromats shotly, and get some better buildings and also some more defense buildings....my income is going to suffer for a little bit, but it will be worth it in the long run to get the right buildings with the intervals 12hr/24hr/48hr

How do you feel about 3hr /6hr buildings?

whocareswhatmynameis
10-26-2011, 08:15 PM
How do you feel about 3hr /6hr buildings?

So far, my overall strategy has been to efficiently build and upgrade all income buildings while expanding my hood. I tend to log in to the game every 3-5 hours and my collection rate is roughly 60-75%. I don't know how long I can sustain this level of intensity. I am at a point where building & upgrading only 12/24/48 hr buildings makes most sense.

CheezyPoofs
10-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Movie Theatre is my favorite because the first two upgrades each double it's income and they're pretty quick upgrades. Also it's a 12 hour collection so you don't have to log in a ton to collect but if you miss one and get robbed it's not like a gun shop where you're out of luck for another 2 days.

Max Power
10-27-2011, 04:31 AM
Movie Theatre is my favorite because the first two upgrades each double it's income and they're pretty quick upgrades. Also it's a 12 hour collection so you don't have to log in a ton to collect but if you miss one and get robbed it's not like a gun shop where you're out of luck for another 2 days.

A lot if up-grades double the income. The Movie Theaters triple in the first upgrade.

BudMan
10-27-2011, 05:01 AM
Copy and paged answer I posted to another similar question....

"BudMan
Ya I definitely find with iPhone games that you get so caught up in beating the game that once you beat it you stop playing it cuz there's really not much of an ending ever haha.

Anyways, I've found a few tricks to snowball income and productivity. It takes a little while to get to but I'm steamrolling along now. I'm currently at Level 61 and making $26354 an hour. About $600,000 a day. I recommend of all the gold buidlings to at least buy 2 Ice Cream shops. They're serious early money makers. Anyways, save up as soon as you can to buy the Movie Theater. Taking extra time to save up for a big money maker will pay off in the long run. You'll save up much faster then instead of buying the next biggest building, backtrack and buy the smaller buildings and upgrade them a lot. What used to seem to be expensive upgrades will become much cheaper. Kind of a one step forward, two steps back technique that catches up to itself and eventually makes you a lot of money.

Next main goal should be to buy a second Movie Theater, the Loft then eventually after more small building purchases and upgrades, another Loft. Those small upgrades will make up for lost income from Theaters and Lofts while they take forever to build and upgrade.

Final recommendations... Buy every building you can. Always be building, upgrading and expand regularly. Space your expands out a little though so you can afford to upgrade though. And my ace in the hole is constantly robbing the movie theater in the Broadway map. Pays $40000-$72000 with an average $50000 payout +95xp a hit. Takes 2400 energy to complete but is like having a level 3 loft depending on how much energy u have.

P.S. Disclaimer... I focus on making money, not robbing people and winning fights so this tactic may not be for you. I just know I'll be making huge money and stocking up on weapons like no ones business when I'm making 5 mil a day next month hahaha"

silverbackspur
10-27-2011, 05:11 AM
I am level 70 and make about 25k an hour.I have one loft building at the moment and 500k in money. Would you recommend that i wait for enough to build a second loft or buy the two movie theaters first, then the second loft.

xclusiv
10-27-2011, 05:15 AM
I am level 70 and make about 25k an hour.I have one loft building at the moment and 500k in money. Would you recommend that i wait for enough to build a second loft or buy the two movie theaters first, then the second loft.
2nd loft!!!!

silverbackspur
10-27-2011, 05:17 AM
That's what i was thinking. Does anyone know the upgrade costs and times for the movie theater please.

Cooz
10-27-2011, 05:56 AM
Agree completely...So much of this depends on how frequently you play. Personally, I stacked up on 6-hour buildings and upgraded all of them to a high(er) level because I know I can get 100 percent of the money they're paying out (I get up at 4:30, then collect at 10:30, 4:30 and 10:30).

Also, they are really cheap to upgrade, and until level 6, really don't take too long to complete. As Whocares says (and I'd listen to him/her, his/her stats show s/he clearly knows what s/he is doing), the gun shop is a better investment overall, and I agree. It's also dirt cheap to upgrade to the level in his example.

In the end, though, I just buy them all, and try to upgrade all the cheaper ones (costing $16k or less to build) to at least level 4. The more expensive ones, I haven't even upgraded yet.

Max Power
10-27-2011, 06:37 AM
That's what i was thinking. Does anyone know the upgrade costs and times for the movie theater please.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AkPDmk8Lr8yadEZoX1RGd19pajJncVVzR282SEN3NX c&hl=en

silverbackspur
10-27-2011, 06:39 AM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AkPDmk8Lr8yadEZoX1RGd19pajJncVVzR282SEN3NX c&hl=en

Thanks, been looking for that.

Cooz
10-27-2011, 06:44 AM

This should probably be updated with the Tycoon numbers (+10 percent)

Leetfeet
10-27-2011, 06:46 AM
For pure efficiency. Why even build loft until you are done with the movie theatre lvl 6-7? I understand if you have 760k to spare while upgrading the movie theatre, tho I doubt people have that money lying around when trying to maximize income.

Someone explain please?

Leetfeet
10-27-2011, 06:48 AM
And btw totally agree on the 6 hour buildings. They pay for themselves very quickly. Too bad I found that out just recently hehe

Max Power
10-27-2011, 06:49 AM
I decided to build the loft to add income to upgrade the movie theaters. All of it will get done, it's just a personal preference what order you do it it.

silverbackspur
10-27-2011, 06:56 AM
For pure efficiency. Why even build loft until you are done with the movie theatre lvl 6-7? I understand if you have 760k to spare while upgrading the movie theatre, though I doubt people have that money lying around when trying to maximize income.

Someone explain please?

From a personal view. I started struggling to win any fights/robberies as my stats were low.
I decided to stop fighting and completing missions until i had enough income to actual buy decent weapons and defenses.

I ended up having enough for the loft after a few weeks. So i changed my mind and spent my money on that. I'm now thinking as i have got 500k, buy the second loft then the movie theater and then save up for weapons. By this time i will be much stronger as my income is high and all my money can go on weapons.

Hopefully then i can complete the winning streak missions etc

Leetfeet
10-27-2011, 07:09 AM
From a personal view. I started struggling to win any fights/robberies as my stats were low.
I decided to stop fighting and completing missions until i had enough income to actual buy decent weapons and defenses.

I ended up having enough for the loft after a few weeks. So i changed my mind and spent my money on that. I'm now thinking as i have got 500k, buy the second loft then the movie theater and then save up for weapons. By this time i will be much stronger as my income is high and all my money can go on weapons.

You and me both hehe

I just don't see the advantage in building the loft over movie theatres since it takes a dam long while to get loft to level 2 if you already streatch for level 1. But hey im still learning. I've spent stupid amounts of time looking at the spreadsheet and by simple math it just seems like Movie theatre wins over loft until it's 3 mill to upgrade..

The only thing the spreadsheet doesnt mention is the bling factor ;) which also is VERY important hehe

Max Power
10-27-2011, 07:09 AM
This should probably be updated with the Tycoon numbers (+10 percent)

Or consider these numbers valid for money that is banked.

xclusiv
10-27-2011, 07:13 AM

thanks for this looks like the house is a good investment going to be my next purchase

Cooz
10-27-2011, 07:16 AM

You're in a vicious circle. You'll never have the money and time to build both your economy and your weaponry, you really just have to choose one and go with it. That's the key thing, though. You have to stay with your plan. Nothing wrong with buying another loft, but you have to remember how long it's going to take you to get that $760k back.

Not that it's bad for you to save to build the loft then the movie theater, but it takes forever to recoup your investment on properties. All I would say is just to keep that in mind.

I made a master plan that when I created it, would span 4-6 weeks. I set benchmarks I wanted to achieve in guns, then melee, then armor. I didn't upgrade or expand in that time, I just wanted to get stronger so I could advance on winning streaks. I didn't do missions so my level would stay in place. I got to the point I was a lot stronger than those on my fight list, and I won a few hundred fights in a row. That in turn gave me more respect, which I spent on Tommys, so I got even stronger.

I met all the benchmarks for weaponry, then moved into economy. I want to have in place at least two of the three: building, upgrading and expanding. As long as two of those three things are moving 24 hours a day, I'm hitting my benchmark.

It takes a very long time, though, and a lot of cash, but my philosophy is upgrade the small, and rotate cash priority on building expensive buildings (fancy restaurant right now) and expanding (saving for the $260k level). The restaurant will be finished in a few hours, and in that time, I'll build another lower-priced building while still saving for the next expansion, and upgrading whichever building costs the least (gun shops are still less than $2k at level 3). The idea is to keep all those things moving, and reap the benefits after a few weeks.

Sorry for the rant, just spelling out a strategy that's similar to what you seem to be doing.

Max Power
10-27-2011, 07:16 AM
Houses are a great investment and the ROI on the upgrades is really really good. They are also good to rob...LOL!

Leetfeet
10-27-2011, 07:22 AM
Don't think im going off-topic here:

Can you all give us your insight on whether you leave a building at level 8-9, or 30 hours+ upgrade time, or suffer upgrade time and take em to level 10? When money isn't a factor. This question has me stumped atm.

For topic relevancy maybe include your comments on efficiency.

Personally I tend to deprioritize even favorite buildings when they hit 30hours plus. Can't help it!

whocareswhatmynameis
10-27-2011, 07:32 AM
the most expensive property i've built so far is the internet company(lvl 1 costs 225K). but my favorite building is the movie theater. i have 2 level 3s. i'm saving up to go to lvl 4. my inclination is to upgrade to lvl 5 before getting lofts. besides, i need to build up my weaponry so that i can add mafia to 100 (requirement for loft).

Cooz
10-27-2011, 07:36 AM
Or consider these numbers valid for money that is banked.

Ah, good call.

whocareswhatmynameis
10-27-2011, 07:37 AM
You'll never have the money and time to build both your economy and your weaponry, you really just have to choose one and go with it.

My strategy is to use only respect points to buy weapons. That way, I can spend all my income on building upgrades.

Cooz
10-27-2011, 07:38 AM
Houses are a great investment and the ROI on the upgrades is really really good. They are also good to rob...LOL!

Totally agree. I think any property in which you will collect 100 percent of the time is a great investment, and should be a focus of upgrading. Love robbing houses...mine never get robbed because I know the exact time each day they'll pay out, so I know to check at that time.

Cooz
10-27-2011, 07:39 AM
My strategy is to use only respect points to buy weapons. That way, I can spend all my income on building upgrades.

Fair point. More credibility toward the low mafia number strategy. Too late for me! lol

J.J.
10-27-2011, 08:59 AM
It costs 175 gold, and you can't get it until Level 103, but the Rock Cafe is a great money maker, $110,000 every 12 hours. It's worth getting.

Duke.0
10-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Fair point. More credibility toward the low mafia number strategy. Too late for me! lol

Its never too late.
I just sold a vast majority of my buildings, i was making $6000/hour
Why?
Because, most of the buildings were 1/3/6/8 hour buildings. The only ones i felt like i was really getting benefits from were the 8 hour buildings. I just didn't collect frequently enough on the others and they kept getting robbed (attempted robberies, i got good defense so usually i didn't loose robberies)
So...

I just started making/upgrading all of the 12/24/48 hour buildings. My income dropped to about $1800/hour but thats ok for now. It will get better once my upgrades / new buildings are made.

I know it sucks for income per hour, but this way i can actually collect the FULL amount on my buildings, not just part of it (laundromats)

Castun
10-27-2011, 01:30 PM
The lower level buildings offer the best payout to cost ratio IMHO, especially after upgrading them. The higher level buildings get more cost-inefficient the higher the level it seems.

Dorian Gray
10-27-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm not sure I should be admitting to this, I should be concentrating on work, but...

I have my laundomats at lvls 9/10. I just keep my phone out on my desk at work zoomed in on my laundromats. Then I just glance over periodically and nonchalantly give my screen a few touches. It's surprising how much that can add up to when your not really paying attention.

Cooz
10-27-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm not sure I should be admitting to this, I should be concentrating on work, but...

I have my laundomats at lvls 9/10. I just keep my phone out on my desk at work zoomed in on my laundromats. Then I just glance over periodically and nonchalantly give my screen a few touches. It's surprising how much that can add up to when your not really paying attention.

That's actually not a bad idea. wish I could just plug it into a monitor next to the work CPU. I hate having to constantly unlock the phone, open the ap if I closed it, wait a minute, then click on the laundromats for the $500 I get. But I bet if it was just always on and all I had to do was click it quick, I'd pull in $20k over the course of the work day.

Leetfeet
10-27-2011, 04:37 PM

haha you are not alone. I write code like that. Just turn off the screensaver, tilt the device under my screen aaaaand multitask! :) Trick is not to let it distract a brainstorm session..

KronicK
10-27-2011, 05:35 PM

what are you doing?? im not paying you to play CC, get in my office now and you are fired =))

Max Power
10-27-2011, 06:00 PM
LOL...I do exactly the same thing. $500 every 5 minutes......

BudMan
10-28-2011, 12:56 AM
Hmmm I'd say since the movie theater is only $140,000 (vs. $790,000) buy a theater first. By the time it's done building you should be back up close enough to buy a loft. The loft takes what... like 3-4 days to build? So while the loft is building you can upgrade the theater to equal a level 1 loft and you'll have 2 big money makers going at right about the same time. The income per hour you particularly have should allow you to get that all done relatively fast.

BudMan
10-28-2011, 03:01 AM
It takes a very long time, though, and a lot of cash, but my philosophy is upgrade the small, and rotate cash priority on building expensive buildings (fancy restaurant right now) and expanding (saving for the $260k level). The restaurant will be finished in a few hours, and in that time, I'll build another lower-priced building while still saving for the next expansion, and upgrading whichever building costs the least (gun shops are still less than $2k at level 3). The idea is to keep all those things moving, and reap the benefits after a few weeks.

This! I follow a very similar method. Well worded. Especially because when after you aquire buildings with bigger payouts and longer upgrade times, you can backtrack and build cheaper buildings that take less time to build and upgrade yet collectively add up quick to make up for the initial investments on more expensive buildings.

Max Power
10-28-2011, 04:50 AM
Loft takes 96 freakin hours to build. It's like they are importing rare marble from Greece for the countertops or something.

whocareswhatmynameis
10-28-2011, 06:05 AM

it's a no brainer... movie theater.

compare a lvl 3 movie theater with lvl 1 loft...

movie theater lvl 3: $ needed 763K (140K+233K+390K), time needed 19 hours (8+4+7), income 18600 every 12 hrs
loft lvl 1: $ needed 760K, time needed 96 hours, income 11000 every 12 hrs

as you can see, not only can you build a lvl 3 movie theater much faster, but you also get to earn a higher income!

Max Power
10-28-2011, 07:07 AM

movie theater lvl 3: $ needed 763K (140K+233K+390K), time needed 19 hours (8+4+7), income 18600 every 12 hrs

as you can see, not only can you build a lvl 3 movie theater much faster, but you also get to earn a higher income!

This is true with many building in this game. The ones that are a better value at lower-mid levels and up topping out much lower at higher levels. While the theater is a great building and upgrade, at some point will people want to sell them for higher value buildings? When condos and churches become available, are they better use of the space?

I am in the same mode with defense buildings. I really like the bodyguard agencies, but they top out at about 900 defense. At some point, will this number seem too low for the space they take up?

CC did a good job of building these puzzlements into the strategy. Some buildings are just not a value, but others, you seem too pay too much early, but down the road will you have rather invested in lofts over theaters?

silverbackspur
10-28-2011, 09:34 AM

Thanks for your reply. I will go down that route then move on to my second loft.

Cooz
10-28-2011, 09:52 AM
CC did a good job of building these puzzlements into the strategy. Some buildings are just not a value, but others, you seem too pay too much early, but down the road will you have rather invested in lofts over theaters?

Very well said. Imagine how much better the people starting to play this game just now are going to be because of the ground work we laid in figuring that puzzle out. We still don't know the upgrade times and costs of several buildings, but if you had all of that in front of you right when you started...you'd be huge very quickly.

Leetfeet
10-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Surely The movie theatre doesn't get replaced, doesit?

I got my gun locked and loaded at that f**king clothing store I regret building..

Max Power
10-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Surely The movie theatre doesn't get replaced, doesit?

I got my gun locked and loaded at that f**king clothing store I regret building..

When you look at the values and payouts if the buildings at the upper end of this game, I could see it. Hell, what the pirate tavern pays out 100k for a reasonable amount of gold. I could see where a 10k payout every 12 hours wouldn't seem so great at that level.

Leetfeet
10-28-2011, 10:55 AM
When you look at the values and payouts if the buildings at the upper end of this game, I could see it. Hell, what the pirate tavern pays out 100k for a reasonable amount of gold. I could see where a 10k payout every 12 hours wouldn't seem so great at that level.

Level 7 MT is 100k, which has to be good usage of space no? I always thought that MT would stick due to the fact that the interval for getting a new building gets bigger and bigger. And also there is a ton of space to put buildings. Im saying that even tho I only have hood size that cost 260k.

If I removed my laundry mats, 1hour buildings and all tier 1 buildings I could fit a farm! (*cough* gif farm! *cough*)

I am a noob and a tit tho, speaking mostly on theory. :)

Max Power
10-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Level 7 MT is 100k, which has to be good usage of space no? I always thought that MT would stick due to the fact that the interval for getting a new building gets bigger and bigger. And also there is a ton of space to put buildings. Im saying that even tho I only have hood size that cost 260k.

That's decent, for sure, but the condo is 144k at level 2. There is a lot more total upside to many buildings. If expansion was cheaper, maybe nobody would sell, but expansion costs have to be a factor with 8x8 buildings as well.

I don't see selling mine for a long time, but someday I might.....

Duke.0
10-28-2011, 12:19 PM
My 7th expansion is on hold right now untill i can upgrade my larger buildings. I recently sold some 1/3/6 hour buildings to go with 12 hour ones in their place. They seem to pay out better over time and have more a chance of maintaining their output because i can't check every 1/3/6 hours some times.

My thought is to get 8/12/24/48 hour buildings, i'm level 45 and the little tiny laundromats, gas stations, arcades just are not cutting it anymore. I took an economy hit to sell buildings, but with a few upgrades and new buildings, i should be back to where i was before (over 6k)

Leetfeet
10-28-2011, 12:33 PM
My 7th expansion is on hold right now untill i can upgrade my larger buildings. I recently sold some 1/3/6 hour buildings to go with 12 hour ones in their place. They seem to pay out better over time and have more a chance of maintaining their output because i can't check every 1/3/6 hours some times.

My thought is to get 8/12/24/48 hour buildings, i'm level 45 and the little tiny laundromats, gas stations, arcades just are not cutting it anymore. I took an economy hit to sell buildings, but with a few upgrades and new buildings, i should be back to where i was before (over 6k)

A big advantage to your strat is that your income will be very predictable! I like it.

Max Power
10-28-2011, 12:50 PM
A big advantage to your strat is that your income will be very predictable! I like it.

That is the key. nycpizzalover on here spelled out his 12/24/48 strategy with buildings. It makes a lot of sense and if you are diligent, reduces the amount you need to spend on defense, since you farm your buildings on a predictable schedule.

Duke.0
10-28-2011, 12:53 PM
Yea I'm building all of the 12/24/48 hour buildings,

the 8 hour ones that i currently have (and kept from my mass selling of buildings) are the Deli and the Barbershop and i don't plan on getting any more 8 hour ones until i can afford it and find it reasonable for me to collect.

redlabel
10-29-2011, 01:42 AM
in my opinion the 8h buildings are worse. For exampe: i wake up at 8:00 then the buildings are robbed. So the next collection is on 16:00, i am able to collect it. The next one is on 24:00. Too late to collect for me. So they got robbed again.

i can collect only 1 Time a day. And the payouts are not good anyway. Much better for me to go min. 12h buildings.

I like also the 3h buildungs. Got 1 ice cream on level 10, italian Restaurant one on 6, the other on 7. Over the night they get robbed, but i am able to collect them several times a day.

whocareswhatmynameis
10-29-2011, 06:30 AM

while i share your enthusiasm for building and upgrading long term buildings, i'm not convinced that selling your other income properties is the right strategy especially since hood expansion is affordable in earlier stages. besides, you probably play at least every 3 hours (judging from your activity on this forum), which means you can collect income from italian restaurant and other short term buildings.

HOOD CLEANER
10-29-2011, 10:22 PM
I just joined the forum and there is a lot I need to learn about this game. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but Im not making near as much money as I think I should be. This is what I have:
Italian Restaurants 2 : 1/level 5 1/level 4
Ice Cream Shops 2 : 1/level 5 1/level 4
Sushi Bar 2 : both @ level 1
Collection Agency 1: at level 1 (thinking about selling,heard not the best)
Tattoo parlor 2 : both @ level 5
Barbershop 2 : both @ level 4
Deli 2 : both @ level 5
Pawn Shop 2 : both @ level 6
Chicken and Waffeles 2 : both & level 1
Diner 2: both @ level 4
Electronics Store 2: both @ level 4
Bagel Shop 2: both @ level 1
Smoke Shop 2 both & level 1
Fish store 2 both at level 3
Gun Shop 1 & level 1
Warehouse 1 & level 5
Houses 2 1@ level 5 1 & level 6
Clothing Store 1 at level 1
I mean I'm only banking $6106 an hour. Am I not upgrading as much as I should. Do I have bad buildings? Should I sell some and get big money ones? I don't know what to do. I'm sitting on $180g just not really sure what moves to make. Is selling my Collection Agency and Gunshop to make room to buy a Movie Theater a good move. Need some help. Any suggestions would be helpful!!!!!!

Duke.0
10-29-2011, 10:34 PM
while i share your enthusiasm for building and upgrading long term buildings, i'm not convinced that selling your other income properties is the right strategy especially since hood expansion is affordable in earlier stages. besides, you probably play at least every 3 hours (judging from your activity on this forum), which means you can collect income from italian restaurant and other short term buildings.

I have already expanded 6 times and my next one is 60,000 which is reasonable i guess, however, in the near future i won't be able to check every 3 hours, which is why i'm going with the 12/24/48 buildings.

Just makes it easier for me to handle. I know i took a small decrease in hourly income from this but once i obtain higher levels on my smaller buildings i should be ok in the long run.

redlabel
10-30-2011, 06:34 AM
@Hood cleaner

If no Room anymore, i would Sell the Warehouse lvl1 and replace it with the Movie Theatre. Next Thing is to Upgrade the Movie Theatre As fast As u can. Then u could try to do a Second Movie Theatre AFTER upgrading the First One.

TemplarX
10-30-2011, 08:34 AM
I v much disagree with the high quantum income building strategy. *All these talk about the merits of movie theatres loft etc are misleading. A movie theatre pays $3,300 every 12 hours? That barely compares to 2 pizza parlors upgraded to level 6... These pay $660 each every 3 hours, which means if you even log on only 3 times, you get $3,960. Per sqr foot income beats movie theatre hands down. *The laundromats are the best money dynamo in the game...even if you play only twice a day for an hour each, you will collect from 2 lvl9 laundromats $275*2*12*2 = $13,200... at almost negligible investment. Compare to a level 2 movie theatre that gives you only $9300 after spending $373k capex. *Ok, you may say it's 9300*2 for a 24 hr cycle, but thats hardly significantly more, ESP if you consider the next point...

You have to adjust the amount collected by giving it a probability discount of being robbed, which when it happens reduce your expected income by 40%. *1/3/6 even 8 hour buildings hardly gets raided, so their expected income is very stable. *I just robbed a L4 movie theatre on level 55 for 2*$6680...what joy!*

whocareswhatmynameis
10-30-2011, 11:19 AM
*I just robbed a L4 movie theatre on level 55 for 2*$6680...what joy!*

i know that feeling... i robbed lvl4 movie theater once. ;)

Kirbnite
10-30-2011, 12:03 PM
I just joined the forum and there is a lot I need to learn about this game. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but Im not making near as much money as I think I should be. This is what I have:
Italian Restaurants 2 : 1/level 5 1/level 4
Ice Cream Shops 2 : 1/level 5 1/level 4
Sushi Bar 2 : both @ level 1
Collection Agency 1: at level 1 (thinking about selling,heard not the best)
Tattoo parlor 2 : both @ level 5
Barbershop 2 : both @ level 4
Deli 2 : both @ level 5
Pawn Shop 2 : both @ level 6
Chicken and Waffeles 2 : both & level 1
Diner 2: both @ level 4
Electronics Store 2: both @ level 4
Bagel Shop 2: both @ level 1
Smoke Shop 2 both & level 1
Fish store 2 both at level 3
Gun Shop 1 & level 1
Warehouse 1 & level 5
Houses 2 1@ level 5 1 & level 6
Clothing Store 1 at level 1
I mean I'm only banking $6106 an hour. Am I not upgrading as much as I should. Do I have bad buildings? Should I sell some and get big money ones? I don't know what to do. I'm sitting on $180g just not really sure what moves to make. Is selling my Collection Agency and Gunshop to make room to buy a Movie Theater a good move. Need some help. Any suggestions would be helpful!!!!!!

Do not sell any buildings unless you need the space. As far as best to upgrade in my opinion. First you have ice ream shops that are cheap to upgrade and pay 7700 at level 10. Italian Resteraunts pay great, house pays 27,000 at level 10, gun shop, meat factory not sure on potential but level 3 is 5,400. Collection agency is a huge waste. Gun shops and fish store pay out well. Also a high level pawn shop is very nice as well. Remember selling an upgraded holding pays back very very little and many hours were spent on waiting for the upgrades to finish.

whocareswhatmynameis
10-30-2011, 12:41 PM
while upgrading is usually the better option, you also have to be mindful of space availability and the cost of expanding your hood. in earlier stages of the game, expanding a neighborhood is cheap. so, it's better to expand and build new buildings rather than selling and building. but as the game progresses, it becomes more difficult to cough up the money for expansion. my next expansion will cost me 500K (i know, it's not as high as what some have posted in the forum, but still...). so, i'm forced to optimize my space. i sold both my warehouses a few days ago and built movie theaters instead. for guidance on which building to upgrade, refer to the CC building spreadsheet.

nvbealone
10-30-2011, 04:41 PM
ive just done a 2.4mil expansion! wonder what's the next cost?!

Jinxybear
01-13-2015, 08:13 PM
I think the new LTB's that come out are the best to invest into. They give rewards and a good ole' payout time

Weasel
01-13-2015, 08:29 PM
Irrelevant necro is irrelevant.

:o

1Shot
01-13-2015, 10:35 PM
Gotta love them tea houses.

smokey77
01-14-2015, 01:20 AM
How about this for an idea.....on sites like trip advisor a thread gets locked after a certain amount of time of inactivity , could that not be implemented here ? Or is this the new norm on here instead of the grammar nazi`s spam threads we`re going to have multiple 4 year old threads necro`d everyday :confused: Doesn`t really help anyone does it ?

HavingFun
01-14-2015, 01:20 AM
i know that feeling... i robbed lvl4 movie theater once. ;)

That's not really something to brag about.

HavingFun
01-14-2015, 01:22 AM
How about this for an idea.....on sites like trip advisor a thread gets locked after a certain amount of time of inactivity , could that not be implemented here ? Or is this the new norm on here instead of the grammar nazi`s spam threads we`re going to have multiple 4 year old threads necro`d everyday :confused: Doesn`t really help anyone does it ?

If you don't like reading the history of the game then don't read it, Bromo.

smokey77
01-14-2015, 01:47 AM
If you don't like reading the history of the game then don't read it, Bromo.

Its a bit hard to avoid when your hero capt. torgue keeps bumping threads from 2011 to the top of the page everyday .

HavingFun
01-14-2015, 01:59 AM
Its a bit hard to avoid when your hero capt. torgue keeps bumping threads from 2011 to the top of the page everyday .

He doesn't have a cape, how can he be a hero?

smokey77
01-14-2015, 02:01 AM
He doesn't have a cape, how can he be a hero?

This is 2015 , they don`t need to have a cape these days .

HavingFun
01-14-2015, 02:19 AM
This is 2015 , they don`t need to have a cape these days .

My heros wear capes.

smokey77
01-14-2015, 04:54 AM
My heros wear capes.

And their underpants outside they`re leggings ?

HavingFun
01-14-2015, 07:04 PM
And their underpants outside they`re leggings ?

I don't think about other men's underpants.

DragCro
01-15-2015, 02:19 AM
Necro thread.
Closing it..
Please open new threads don't post on old ones