PDA

View Full Version : Event Results Idea

HellRaizer
08-25-2015, 01:16 AM
One to pass to the DEVs, some tech BAU person or anyone with a sql bit of SQL skills who knows how to export to a forum.

Getting the results posted can be a bit of a chore it seems and yet the data is seemingly one one simple SQL query away..

So why not create a sql view (if you don't have one) and run an automated job that extracts this information and posts directly onto this site a few hours after an event has finished..

I can't see a high dev estimate for this piece of work and it would be beneficial..
After all having a competitive leaderboard event, where one can't then see the leaderboard results defeats the purpose of the events

Cuombajj
08-25-2015, 02:04 AM
Nice idea. They could let enthusiasts develop additional useful features. Most of us would do it for free, and it would spark the game up. Open a safe public interface to non sensitive MW data, and see what we will come up with :)

Agent Orange
08-25-2015, 04:58 AM
Sounds like a great idea.

HellRaizer
08-25-2015, 01:17 PM
Nice idea. They could let enthusiasts develop additional useful features. Most of us would do it for free, and it would spark the game up. Open a safe public interface to non sensitive MW data, and see what we will come up with :)

Like that idea as well

Napgar
08-25-2015, 08:26 PM

Great, Cuombajj!!
That's indeed the best idea I've seen for a while - hope GREE gives this a serious consideration !!!

levelhead
08-26-2015, 10:29 AM
One to pass to the DEVs, some tech BAU person or anyone with a sql bit of SQL skills who knows how to export to a forum.

Getting the results posted can be a bit of a chore it seems and yet the data is seemingly one one simple SQL query away..

So why not create a sql view (if you don't have one) and run an automated job that extracts this information and posts directly onto this site a few hours after an event has finished..

I can't see a high dev estimate for this piece of work and it would be beneficial..
After all having a competitive leaderboard event, where one can't then see the leaderboard results defeats the purpose of the events

What a great idea. I hope gree will take note and maybe at the very lest a dev will reply/comment on this ;) would be nice to see that there still active behind the scene's

J-manKometh96
08-26-2015, 01:26 PM
Maintenance mode fellas. I think we've seen the last of anything new.

HellRaizer
08-26-2015, 01:41 PM
Maintenance mode fellas. I think we've seen the last of anything new.

This is a trivial low cost (minimal cost) idea.. If it were me and jumping through all the red tape it would take an hour and then the typical wait time for it to be pushed out.. Doesn't affect prod and we can test it ;)

Even in maintenance mode they'll have BAU

Sirius
09-02-2015, 03:40 PM
Our team should be getting the winners list etc up for folks moving forward. I will also send out some reminders just in case!

HellRaizer
09-04-2015, 02:54 AM
Our team should be getting the winners list etc up for folks moving forward. I will also send out some reminders just in case!

What about the idea pitched by me or the more extended version by Cuombajj?

Ant venom
09-04-2015, 05:23 AM
What about the idea pitched by me or the more extended version by Cuombajj?

Yes exactly Sirius, the Winner's Lists wasn't the focal point of this thread the focal point was the ideas that both Hellraizer and Cuombajj came up with, a Winner's List isn't really hard I mean we cpuld do it but Hellraizer's idea is something a gaming company should be able to do unless they are just too lazy to do so and instead only cares about the money that comes in? And Sirius why can't you just make the Winner's Lists, why does it have to be someone else?