PDA

View Full Version : Dragonforge lets speculate

Gronk
08-22-2015, 11:20 PM
The age of combinable dragonforge must be almost upon us.

What do u think? Anytime now or still months away?

I like many can't wait. Spending loads of gems on chests and 0 results.

roookey1
08-23-2015, 09:02 AM
Chests are a terrible ripoff and on the borderline of false/misleading advertising. Don't pay for them!

Gronk
08-23-2015, 02:31 PM
Chests are a terrible ripoff and on the borderline of false/misleading advertising. Don't pay for them!

Lol i totally agree and always have known that. But with the only way to get the plus versions or new armours (other than events which are way overpriced for something outdated in a few months)

I think when i retire from here it will be due to spending more money on chests for fusion fodder. I think in over a year playing on both ios and android and over $500 plus loads of free gems i have only ever got 2 armours worth Leveling.

But that is not what im here for today.
Wouldnt anyone like to share when they think df will be fusable. I read somewhere about epics and someones guess on when due to how long it took epics to become fusable. But that was only 1 player. No-where near enough evidence to perform a educated guess.

As it sits atm im a very active player that does spend $10-50 too frequently and im falling way behind due to bad luck.

Marco_
08-23-2015, 05:06 PM
Lol i totally agree and always have known that. But with the only way to get the plus versions or new armours (other than events which are way overpriced for something outdated in a few months)

Event DF are actually priced lower on average than chest DF.

But that is not what im here for today.
Wouldnt anyone like to share when they think df will be fusable. I read somewhere about epics and someones guess on when due to how long it took epics to become fusable. But that was only 1 player. No-where near enough evidence to perform a educated guess.
IIRC, for quite a long time Moontide, Blazeborne and Tectonic were the only fusable epics, so epics probably aren't any kind of indicator for DF, but I'd be quite surprised if DF would become fusable within the next half year...

Sent
08-24-2015, 08:14 AM

Of course, you need to have some good armors to make them cheaper. I spent ~800 gems on my King's+.
Even 1500 gems or w/e for t10 is worth it now that there's set jewelry.

Marco_
08-24-2015, 09:02 AM
Of course, you need to have some good armors to make them cheaper. I spent ~800 gems on my King's+.
Even 1500 gems or w/e for t10 is worth it now that there's set jewelry.
Well, gem glitcher video on youtube seems to point to about 0.75-1% chance of DF from chest (so 2000+ gems) and those will be random elements, unlike event DF...

roookey1
08-25-2015, 04:05 AM
I'm pretty sure the chance is actually lower. The current advertising of a "10x chance for DF+" in that context is a slap in the face of players who are still too naive to think twice about anything that Gree pretends.

Marco_
08-25-2015, 04:16 AM
I'm pretty sure the chance is actually lower. The current advertising of a "10x chance for DF+" in that context is a slap in the face of players who are still too naive to think twice about anything that Gree pretends.
Well, chance of plus is at least 10 times as low as non-plus, so that 10x doesn't make a super big difference. (plus the "10x plus" doesn't list "best chance for DF ever", so non-plus and plus combined might actually be worse chance than when "best chance for DF ever". Always assume marketing slogans are only staying a hair away from lying...)

Ant venom
08-26-2015, 07:27 AM

They forgot to add "divided by 100", and/or "a slap in the face" after the 10x chance, I think DF or DF+ was a typo.

Adisty
08-26-2015, 09:43 AM
Now now... let's give them the benefit of the doubt... but 10 x 0 = 0 lol!

Gronk
08-26-2015, 10:19 PM

IIRC, for quite a long time Moontide, Blazeborne and Tectonic were the only fusable epics, so epics probably aren't any kind of indicator for DF, but I'd be quite surprised if DF would become fusable within the next half year...

I hope your wrong lol.

I am done buying chests and since its still the only way to achieve the better epic+ or better i can see me being way behind by then and most likely not here.

Adisty posted 10x0=0. That just reminded me of something funny. For those ios users that havnt yet asked siri "whats zero divided by zero" do so now its one of the better ones.

Ant venom
08-27-2015, 06:05 AM
I hope your wrong lol.

I am done buying chests and since its still the only way to achieve the better epic+ or better i can see me being way behind by then and most likely not here.

Adisty posted 10x0=0. That just reminded me of something funny. For those ios users that havnt yet asked siri "whats zero divided by zero" do so now its one of the better ones.
A T25 run gives you Epic pluses of the same decency or better (on occasions, not so much) and it's also priced lower, T25 should be 500 gems or 250 gems if you're active enough. Which is cheaper than squandering 800 gems on Chests just to get crappy Armor and some old Epic.

Sent
08-27-2015, 07:44 PM
A T25 run gives you Epic pluses of the same decency or better (on occasions, not so much) and it's also priced lower, T25 should be 500 gems or 250 gems if you're active enough. Which is cheaper than squandering 800 gems on Chests just to get crappy Armor and some old Epic.

This. If you have decent armors, running t25 in raids is more worth it than chests. I almost have a good epic+ for each dual element and they've cost around 300-400 gems each, on average. Wars are a bit more expensive though.

roookey1
08-28-2015, 06:41 PM
A T25 run gives you Epic pluses of the same decency or better (on occasions, not so much) and it's also priced lower, T25 should be 500 gems or 250 gems if you're active enough.
that's in raids I guess? And how much in wars? (Android)

Kakarot
08-29-2015, 07:12 AM

That's the amount for wars. Being super active and having strong line up in raids may cost you even ~100 gems for t25, true story.

Sent
08-30-2015, 06:17 PM

Depends on mins and rewards. Probably 600 gems at least for t25 war mins if you try to get min as soon as possible. Maybe cheaper if you wait it out and get a lot of gifts, etc. Hitting at least 60k on a raid boss would cost <500 gems for t25.

gardibolt
09-13-2015, 08:26 PM
I think they are going to have to make them fuseable within the next month or two. They haven't introduced a new epic for a long time. They can't keep offering the same epics for the second tier rewards. Before long they won't have much choice or they'll lose the fairly large second tier group of players.

Marco_
09-14-2015, 01:44 AM
I think they are going to have to make them fuseable within the next month or two. They haven't introduced a new epic for a long time. They can't keep offering the same epics for the second tier rewards. Before long they won't have much choice or they'll lose the fairly large second tier group of players.
Have all epics become fusable by now? I doubt DF gets fusable until at least a bit after the last (non-EB) epic has become fusable...

Kangaroeland
09-15-2015, 12:29 AM
Nope still about 10-20 to go right

Marco_
09-29-2015, 12:30 AM
Well, the current chest banner lists "Classic Dragonforged armors retired!".
I doubt that means those will be fusable already, but I wonder if they maybe retire them from the chests to shift them to 11+ war/raid prizes...

SBBL Indigo
09-29-2015, 02:51 AM
Well, the current chest banner lists "Classic Dragonforged armors retired!".
I doubt that means those will be fusable already, but I wonder if they maybe retire them from the chests to shift them to 11+ war/raid prizes...

Given the results of my latest chest pulls over the weekend (33 and not even an epic, nevermind a DFA+), I think retired means they removed ALL of them :S

And what the people said about T25 is so true. Plus the stronger your armours get, the cheaper raids become. I've done several T3 raids for less than 500 gems a time.

Kangaroeland
09-29-2015, 03:58 AM
The odds on these chests seem to be very high for some and 0 for others. Probably based on how much you spent.

Lord P
09-29-2015, 05:26 AM
6 more Raid/war epics to go before DF will even be considered as fusible or t25.

Marco_
09-30-2015, 03:21 AM
Given the results of my latest chest pulls over the weekend (33 and not even an epic, nevermind a DFA+), I think retired means they removed ALL of them :S
Well, speculation in the past was that chests first pick the quality/stars and after that the specific armor in that quality/stars, in which case the removal of older ones would increase the odds of newer DF, but on the other hand, they changed from "highest chance ever" to "2x" which could be anywhere from a higher chance to a massive drop in chance... You just don't know as long as nobody decodes the actual odds numbers... ;-(

Wil Patterson
09-30-2015, 04:18 PM

Indi! No chests!

gardibolt
09-30-2015, 05:05 PM
I did pull an Asgardian + from a single chest so miracles do still happen.

SBBL Indigo
10-01-2015, 04:48 AM
Indi! No chests!

Some things never change :( Wasn't my fault though. Someone posted 52 with 3 DFA+. What's a girl to do ^_^

Speaking of chests, where was the jewellery chest this week? We got a flash sale instead (woo hoo!) but no jewel chest.

roookey1
10-01-2015, 11:32 AM
SBBL, you can bet pretty safely that most of these claims of how many chests were opened for a particular result are nothing but bragging or plain lies.

I mean, who would show off his latest chest pull and write 'I opened 125 chests for that and just wasted $300!'

Lord P
10-01-2015, 12:34 PM
$300 might be a paycheck to some, but to others $300 is what they might spend on drinks during their weekly Friday night parties.

Kangaroeland
10-02-2015, 01:48 AM
These chests have ridiculous odds for DF+ and DF. Almost considering opening them. Maybe after the raid :P

SBBL Indigo
10-02-2015, 02:59 AM
SBBL, you can bet pretty safely that most of these claims of how many chests were opened for a particular result are nothing but bragging or plain lies.

I mean, who would show off his latest chest pull and write 'I opened 125 chests for that and just wasted $300!'

Bragging maybe but they definitely got them - I saw the screenshots posted in Line chats and them wearing them on knights.

Update - 20 x chance for DFA+ on latest chest - 22 chests and only ravage reg. Friend opened 52 and pulled a beetlefly reg. Just a complete farce really. My own stupid fault for falling for it every time but still.

roookey1
10-02-2015, 04:53 PM
No doubt that they got them, but you'll never know how much they really spent on them.

Based on what I hear from my guildmates, I bet that whatever luck someone may have, the average chance of pulling a DF is about 1:100, and to pull a DF+ it must be beyond 1:400. Of course, theoretically someone may pull a DF+ from 1 chest, but statistically, he will most likely only get garbage from a few hundred chests after that.

The worst is, even if you finally get one, for that totally insane price tag, it's still notably weaker than the current war armors!!