PDA

View Full Version : % in RB of last legendary item

Big DM
08-19-2015, 07:07 AM
🚫CC players I'm asking for some unity on GREEd regarding last legendary item being only a 0.7% chance of getting this even on a Lvl 100 boss! My syndicate are all sending ticket's to gree in regards to this and would appreciate any players who do the same as it seems GREEd only notice us when we act in numbers!! To all that agree thank you very much for standing up to be counted!! 🚫

stepxhenlockwood17
08-19-2015, 07:15 AM
Just have your team stop spending gold on the event.....everyone is throwing money away with those odds. Not spending gold on this event sends them a better message than anybody can write

stepxhenlockwood17
08-19-2015, 07:19 AM
But I am with you on this......its completely messed up. They are taking advantage of those who do spend money on the game. However when the odds are a 99.3% chance I WONT get the prize.....thats when I make sure they WONT get my money.

TMI
08-19-2015, 07:21 AM
You have a 50% chance of getting a ball, after killing 99 lvl100 bosses!! Cray-cray

1-(0.993)^99 = 50.1%

sister morphine
08-19-2015, 07:28 AM
I was lucky enough to get the ball on both my accounts quite early, and had to chase the drifter. I got it on one account and have finished there, but no luck on the second. To the best of my knowledge only one other guy in the syndicate has won the wrapper.

I'm wondering now whether there is a similar algorithm in place as with box events; the more the days pass the more the odds of success lessen. It sucks however they've worked it.

Big DM
08-22-2015, 11:21 AM
I had the individual prize before I posted this on forum and asking any addict to just stop what there doing but say nothing then don't complain after! BigDM

Big DM
08-22-2015, 11:23 AM
If ppl weren't cc/gold addicts GREEd wouldn't have bought to do a mw special on cc! BigDM

bevsxrs
08-22-2015, 11:28 AM
I was lucky enough to get the ball on both my accounts quite early, and had to chase the drifter. I got it on one account and have finished there, but no luck on the second. To the best of my knowledge only one other guy in the syndicate has won the wrapper.

I'm wondering now whether there is a similar algorithm in place as with box events; the more the days pass the more the odds of success lessen. It sucks however they've worked it.

I also got the prison ball early on and completed legendary with two of my players. Chased the drifter and flail around the final day of RB.

Dipstik
08-22-2015, 11:40 AM
I don't see why people seem to think everyone should get the prize.

Demolisher VFF Rebels
08-22-2015, 11:54 AM
I don't think everyone should get the prize but I do think there should be a better chance than 0.7% on a 100 we had a member use over 750gold on farming 100s over a 4/5day period and it still never fell for her I'm sure there's many angry gold spenders she has since decided to go gold free for a few weeks minimum and maybe completely because of it

Dipstik
08-22-2015, 12:07 PM
.7% is fine. Everyone has the same chance.

BusterGuts
08-23-2015, 05:58 AM
It would be nice if active playing was encouraged with a better odds.

Dipstik
08-23-2015, 06:25 AM
Active playing is rewarded with more chances to win it. Why would the drop rate change based on how often you log in?

sister morphine
08-23-2015, 07:06 AM
.7% is fine. Everyone has the same chance.
That's true, but this is all of a piece with how CC has been going. Poor prizes that add nothing to your stats once you get over a certain level (which doesn't have to be anywhere close to top ten/twenty-five levels). Only four RB prizes were worth anything to me - the legendaries and one of the rare (which only benefited me in attack). Same thing in EB, in which the rares (at whatever level seem to be almost impossible to get, even when they become uncommons intermittently).

I'm not interested in being the toughest kid in a phone game, but this doesn't incentivise anybody except the addicts to make much effort. Perhaps Gree are doing this to spare their servers from overloading; I don't know but the frequency of server errors etc (more so in MW than CC, but it's getting more common here too) doesn't make the idea so absurd.

Nighteg
08-23-2015, 07:21 AM
That's true, but this is all of a piece with how CC has been going. Poor prizes that add nothing to your stats once you get over a certain level (which doesn't have to be anywhere close to top ten/twenty-five levels). Only four RB prizes were worth anything to me - the legendaries and one of the rare (which only benefited me in attack). Same thing in EB, in which the rares (at whatever level seem to be almost impossible to get, even when they become uncommons intermittently).

I'm not interested in being the toughest kid in a phone game, but this doesn't incentivise anybody except the addicts to make much effort. Perhaps Gree are doing this to spare their servers from overloading; I don't know but the frequency of server errors etc (more so in MW than CC, but it's getting more common here too) doesn't make the idea so absurd.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/ab/ab173014ae70275ae3c255fbdf4bda6d1aef488183fd62f6ad d879451773be41.jpg

doctormojo
08-23-2015, 07:52 AM
For me, having the chances be only 0.7% made it a really easy decision to not spend gold. I'm happy to spend a moderate amount of gold if I think it will benefit me or my team, but those odds are poor enough that it's just not worth it to spend any. One guy on my team spent 2 vaults on RB and still didn't get all the legendary items. Yeah, that really makes me want to start spending. I can only imagine that there are a lot more players out there, just like me, who would be happy to spend if we felt like we were getting anything for our money. It seems shortsighted to just exclude all of those players from your business model, but maybe it's just a short sighted business model. I can only assume their financial analysis has shown them they will make more from the true addicts by making the game this way than they will lose from shutting out the low to moderate spenders. It's their game, their decision, but it's really annoying and it would be cool to play a game developed by someone who at least pretended to give a crap what their customers think of their product. I love crime city and I love the teams I play with, but I'm finding less and less reason to play. Oh wait, now there's new gold limited edition items in the store most of which don't raise my stats and which I can get free duplicates of if I spend around 1500 gold! Let me get out my wallet!