PDA

View Full Version : MW system requirements on app store are WRONG!

Agent Orange
08-17-2015, 06:34 AM
Just checked a minute ago and the item description is STILL incorrect. The IOS version of MW will NOT run on IOS 5.1.1 which I and others posted MONTHS ago.

Now I see someone just locked out their iPod.

When I tested months ago I found that MW no longer runs on,

iPod 4th gen or older
iPad 1st gen
iPhone 3 or older.

The app will download and overwrite your working older version without warning you that it is NOT compatible!

Vile Lynn
08-17-2015, 06:52 AM
Have you contacted Apple about this?

DEWIN NUTTIN
08-17-2015, 06:55 AM
Just checked a minute ago and the item description is STILL incorrect. The IOS version of MW will NOT run on IOS 5.1.1 which I and others posted MONTHS ago.

iPod 4th gen or older
iPad 1st gen
iPhone 3 or older.

The app will download and overwrite your working older version without warning you that it is NOT compatible!

This man is not a hateful man.
This man is legendary for the legions of former and existing MW players he has helped.
Thank you, my friend, for DEWING a good service for the entire MW community.

Agent Orange
08-17-2015, 11:23 AM
This man is not a hateful man.
This man is legendary for the legions of former and existing MW players he has helped.
Thank you, my friend, for DEWING a good service for the entire MW community.

Thanks, I try when I can but frankly it's like trying to bail out Lake Ontario with a thimble.

Agent Orange
08-17-2015, 11:25 AM
Have you contacted Apple about this?

I have on other matters but figured this was something gree could actually fix by updating their description......

DEWIN NUTTIN
08-17-2015, 12:14 PM
Thanks, I try when I can but frankly it's like trying to bail out Lake Ontario with a thimble.

The thought of using a thimble to bail out a little rowboat is mind boggling, but to bail out one of the Great Lakes with a thimble, yikes!!!

Blackshadow
08-19-2015, 11:06 AM

iPod 4th gen or older
iPad 1st gen
iPhone 3 or older.

HI AO. Obviously not an Iphone 3, but I am still playing on an ios6 3gs.......just!

Vile Lynn
08-19-2015, 11:35 AM
I have on other matters but figured this was something gree could actually fix by updating their description......

Please keep us updated when GREE actually fixes something.

Agent Orange
08-20-2015, 08:49 AM
HI AO. Obviously not an Iphone 3, but I am still playing on an ios6 3gs.......just!

Yes as long as you do not update the app to the version currently on the app store the older apps still run. I have old versions loaded on an iPad 1st gen, 4th gen iPods and though they 'work' barely they crash and lock up regularly.

Biggest problem is that at some point gree can/will lock out older versions of the app as they have done this in the past.

Agent Orange
08-20-2015, 08:49 AM
Please keep us updated when GREE actually fixes something.

That would be a neat trick....

Blackshadow
08-22-2015, 12:52 PM
Yes as long as you do not update the app to the version currently on the app store the older apps still run. I have old versions loaded on an iPad 1st gen, 4th gen iPods and though they 'work' barely they crash and lock up regularly.

Biggest problem is that at some point gree can/will lock out older versions of the app as they have done this in the past.

Noted. Last time that happened, I had to get a new device. Then video offers didn't work on it though. When I contacted Apple about that, they said I should drop a fortune on a new iphone to remove the issue. I think Apple forgot their device is just a phone....

J-manKometh96
08-22-2015, 01:03 PM
GREE and Apple.

Two companies with the same philosophy. Milk, milk, milk.

Agent Orange
08-23-2015, 06:26 AM
Noted. Last time that happened, I had to get a new device. Then video offers didn't work on it though. When I contacted Apple about that, they said I should drop a fortune on a new iphone to remove the issue. I think Apple forgot their device is just a phone....

Yup that is what they want.

A possible cheap alternative is to run Bluestacks on a suitable PC only headache is that it needs a decently fast cpu and compatible graphics card but if it's running on a very fast machine the game plays pretty good.

The OSX version is no longer supported and the last working version of the app is locked out.

Next cheapest alternative is a cheap quad core Android tablet such as the Asus Memo which we could pick up new for as little as $69 recently though be careful not to get on with only 512mb of system memory as they tend to crash, the 1 gb run pretty good though I notice that with all the events running simultaneously that freezeups are more common.

Agent Orange
08-23-2015, 06:27 AM
GREE and Apple.

Two companies with the same philosophy. Milk, milk, milk.

Yes a very short sighted philosophy. Unless management is living by the mantra that ' sucker is born every minute'.