PDA

View Full Version : Box drop rate

Dave Gould
08-12-2015, 08:41 AM
Anyone got an idea on what the drop rate is for boxes giving out the token if you use gold?

I know it's obviously 100% if you include units but wondering what it would be would be for just the tokens. e.g. this event it KAR22s

Dewin Nuttin please only feel obliged to answer this post if you have something sensible to say.

Jg48
08-12-2015, 08:48 AM
It's called gree math. When I used to use gold on crates I might get 50%.

truthteller
08-12-2015, 08:56 AM
Anyone got an idea on what the drop rate is for boxes giving out the token if you use gold?

I know it's obviously 100% if you include units but wondering what it would be would be for just the tokens. e.g. this event it KAR22s

Dewin Nuttin please only feel obliged to answer this post if you have something sensible to say.

The event is design to make players use lots of gold, the closer you get to the final token, the lower the drop rate drops, like 1 in 10000, and every time you open with gold, the chances are the same 1 in 10000, If you ask Support, they will just say, event is working as intended.

there are people that have use 5,000 gold and still not get the final token, others go gold free and get the 10/10, while others use just under 1 mountain of gold to get it

Basically it comes to how much of a gambler you are if you choose to open with gold

DEWIN NUTTIN
08-12-2015, 09:40 AM
The event is design to make players use lots of gold, the closer you get to the final token, the lower the drop rate drops, like 1 in 10000, and every time you open with gold, the chances are the same 1 in 10000, If you ask Support, they will just say, event is working as intended.

there are people that have use 5,000 gold and still not get the final token, others go gold free and get the 10/10, while others use just under 1 mountain of gold to get it

Basically it comes to how much of a gambler you are if you choose to open with gold

You are correct, sir.
The only words I would add are:

$CAMbling

$CAMbler

$CAMble

Dave Gould
08-13-2015, 04:08 AM
yet another boring unhelpful comment Dewin, cheers

East Coast Bias
08-13-2015, 05:51 PM
Dave, sorry to respond without an answer, but the last I've seen of any numbers on the forum was when there were no 0/8 add ons to the 10 crate event (now 14 and 20). I thought I had a strategy where I averaged 150-300 gold per 10 crate event (pre-0/8) but hit one where I spent 2000 to get a 10% air def unit. Since then have never used gold on crate events as i might get 17 opens on a mini account and 4 on main - vice versa. That said, I don't think I have ever not gotten to ten on a leaderboard event because I suspect that Gree has made the hit rate much higher. So the only sane advice would be don't ask and don't pursue as we have no idea how this works. At least the lottery (which some have compared this to) and gambling (think Vegas) post the odds. These events, unless I have missed the fine print, don't have any.

Brown Out
08-13-2015, 05:54 PM

Best drop rate is on day 1.

If you plan on spending gold, do it on day 1.

*Let me clarify. I can usually get 10/10 and 7/8 on day one before I get a repeat 7/8 unit.

Danger Mouse
08-13-2015, 06:45 PM
Back in the days of yore, when boxes had units worth gold, you had to drop gold right from the very first open to get an open streak. Usually worked out to be 400-500 gold to get 9/10, then the gross GDP of a small nation to get the 10/10 three days later. All while some others claimed to get 10/10 for free.......... Go figure.

DEWIN NUTTIN
08-13-2015, 07:06 PM
Back in the days of yore, when boxes had units worth gold, you had to drop gold right from the very first open to get an open streak. Usually worked out to be 400-500 gold to get 9/10, then the gross GDP of a small nation to get the 10/10 three days later. All while some others claimed to get 10/10 for free.......... Go figure.

I once saw a wizard get 10/10 in less than 60 seconds, and never waited or dropped any faux gold.
Did my lying eyes deceive me? No, I saw what I saw. It was magically delicious. Who stole me Lucky Charms?

On another occasion, the wizard had improved his/her skills and opened one crate, got all the loot as if he/she had opened 10 crates. Again, no faux gold was harmed as the wizard opend the crate to find his/her Lucky Charms...

Speed ump
08-13-2015, 08:49 PM
Wizards, leprechauns, fairys, the Easter bunny. I once saw a man pull a rabbit out of his hat. I have seen a player with three of each boost. I found the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. I slept at the holiday in express last night. I don't like green eggs and ham. Ever see the devil dance in the moonlight? I have. Let's dance.

Pidgeot
08-13-2015, 11:37 PM
Has there even been any evidence to prove that the drop rates change at all during the event. According to the email I got from support, they dont change at all. I've gotten 10/10 on crates I missed the first few days on. The only consistent thing needed is really good RNG.

HellRaizer
08-14-2015, 12:29 AM
I once saw a wizard get 10/10 in less than 60 seconds, and never waited or dropped any faux gold.
Did my lying eyes deceive me? No, I saw what I saw. It was magically delicious. Who stole me Lucky Charms?

On another occasion, the wizard had improved his/her skills and opened one crate, got all the loot as if he/she had opened 10 crates. Again, no faux gold was harmed as the wizard opend the crate to find his/her Lucky Charms...

And this is when it happened ..
http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?81635-Leader-Board-Event&p=1178051&viewfull=1#post1178051

Danger Mouse
08-14-2015, 12:55 AM
And this is when it happened ..
http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?81635-Leader-Board-Event&p=1178051&viewfull=1#post1178051

What I find funny is the Pavlovian response from Speedie that he has to automatically deride anything Dewie has to say as he couldn't possibly acknowledge once in a while that maybe he might be right.

Yet in that thread he's on record thanking Gree for kicking out the hackers that exploited the box event by getting more prizes than was physically possible for boxes opened.

Too F'N Funny!!!

Ah speedie, gotta love him - for the entertainment value if nothing else.

Captain Steelman
08-14-2015, 02:02 AM

According to an old time Legend, with many rank 1 leaderboard events behind his statement, the droprate was at the time 1 of 3... So on average it was 90 gold/token... Seems to me that the rate is still the same today...

The 10/10 boxevent without a leaderboard is another story.... Its more like a "LasVegas style" kind of droprate....

Pidgeot
08-14-2015, 02:46 AM
According to an old time Legend, with many rank 1 leaderboard events behind his statement, the droprate was at the time 1 of 3... So on average it was 90 gold/token... Seems to me that the rate is still the same today...

The 10/10 boxevent without a leaderboard is another story.... Its more like a "LasVegas style" kind of droprate....

I heard the collect 10 box events had the last token at 1% drop rate.

DEWIN NUTTIN
08-14-2015, 05:15 AM
The answer is, proceed at your own peril. What you think it is, it isn't.