PDA

View Full Version : Where can you watch the republican debate live stream?

TMI
08-06-2015, 05:47 PM
NOT on foxnews.

I mean somewhere where I don't have to register.

Also, when is my RL getting fixed?

Dipstik
08-06-2015, 06:13 PM
I don't think you can. Not legally anyway.

TMI
08-06-2015, 06:47 PM
Well that sucks. I guess I'll have to let GREE fix my rival list legally.

Also, I found the debate on radio.foxnews.com, but it keeps cutting off. Kinda annoying.

cookamoo
08-06-2015, 06:58 PM
Since Fox News is hosting the debate, that is the only place to watch it.

Dipstik
08-06-2015, 07:03 PM
It's on iheartradio on numerous stations

TMI
08-06-2015, 07:08 PM
:D
Thumbs up

Winnson
08-15-2015, 10:35 AM
I guess the moderator got a vacation for her FAIR AND BALANCED! moderation skills.

If they don't bring her back to Fox, maybe she can moderate here!

Dipstik
08-15-2015, 12:49 PM
Megan Kelly is no longer with Fox News? That would really surprise me... wasn't she their top rated host? Anyway, I didn't think the questions were unfair... they opened it up by asking every candidate to respond to their biggest perceived weakness. I thought it was a good line of questioning.

Vile Lynn
08-15-2015, 01:18 PM
Kelly is on "vacation" for the next 10 days. We'll have to wait and see if she'll be back. But, I don't watch Fox News so... meh.

I did watch the debate. I think she was snarky towards Trump when she asked the question about calling women (Rosie) names. She was much more pleasant when she asked the other canidates questions. She called it "good journalism."

Trying to make Trump look bad seems to have backfired in her face.

Women need to quit being so offended by every little darn thing.

Dipstik
08-15-2015, 01:25 PM
Oh it's a real vacation then... I assumed that was a metaphor.

She sounded worse on Trump because he was the only one who was pretty much combative over it. If Trump thinks that's unfair, wait until he's debating Joe Biden and he has a partisan liberal "moderating" the debate who will cut off his answer and call him a liar on the air, much less the rest of the press that he'd get once he's president. Sorry, but when you're running for president and you pick a fight with something like this, it makes you look small and petty. Better we get that out of the way now than in July 2016.

Vile Lynn
08-15-2015, 01:38 PM
Fox says it was planned. Others think it was odd timing & too sudden to be planned.

Trump kinda has the GOP by the balls: nominate him (yikes!) or split the conservative vote and let the enemy win.

We've got a long time before the nominations... ugh.

Dipstik
08-15-2015, 01:54 PM
No one is going to nominate him. If he wants to run 3rd party and spend a bunch of money on a vanity run that will only help the democrats, that's his prerogative, I guess.

Max Power
08-16-2015, 07:53 PM
Fox through Kelly under the bus, scolding her and begging the Donald to appear on their network. Her questioning was very fair. Presidents are held to a higher standing that what Donald is known for the the decorum department.

Vile Lynn
08-17-2015, 08:46 AM
Refering to her Trump question about calling women names, I agree her question was fair.
The snaky, unprofessional way she asked it with a chip on her shoulder was my issue with that question. It's being thrown way out of proportion if it led to FoxNews throwing her under the bus.

When is the next debate on FoxNews?
I want to see Cruz make more of idiot of himself.

Dipstik
08-17-2015, 09:08 AM
Cruz? How so? He didn't get asked much, but from what I saw he presented himself well. I don't know when Fox will be having another... the next one's on CNN.

Vile Lynn
08-17-2015, 10:32 AM
Texas Senator Cruz is a closed-minded, ultra-conservative, homophobic, good old boy bigot born in Canada, who thinks God will put him in the White House.

Dipstik
08-17-2015, 10:40 AM
Texas Senator Cruz is a closed-minded, ultra-conservative, homophobic, good old boy bigot born in Canada, who thinks God will put him in the White House.

So what you're saying is that you really don't have anything specific in mind when you said you wanted to see him make an idiot of himself "again?" Not that I really care about your opinion anymore, speaking of closed-mindedness...

Vile Lynn
08-17-2015, 10:53 AM
Don't put words in my virtual mouth. A person like Cruz doesn't need to speak that long to put his foot in his mouth. You said yourself he didn't get asked much during the debate. That was his only saving grace.

You want specifics? Let him explain his position on gay rights and abortion in the case of ra.pe.

Dipstik
08-17-2015, 11:01 AM
I'm not putting your words in your mouth. You said you would enjoy seeing him make a fool of himself "again." I asked what you were talking about. I got a typical rant, which ended the discussion in my mind. Have fun watching the future debates, and I hope you don't give yourself an aneurism.

TMI
08-17-2015, 12:34 PM
I thought you have to be born in the US to be a president?

Dipstik
08-17-2015, 12:43 PM
No, you have to be a natural born citizen. Being born within the borders of the US (supposedly) makes you a citizen, but being born outside the borders does not make you NOT a citizen.

Max Power
08-17-2015, 05:19 PM
I'm not putting your words in your mouth. You said you would enjoy seeing him make a fool of himself "again." I asked what you were talking about. I got a typical rant, which ended the discussion in my mind. Have fun watching the future debates, and I hope you don't give yourself an aneurism.

I would like to see him debate like he filibusters. One can never get too much Dr Seuss.

TMI
08-17-2015, 05:46 PM
No, you have to be a natural born citizen. Being born within the borders of the US (supposedly) makes you a citizen, but being born outside the borders does not make you NOT a citizen.

So then what was the big deal about Obomba being born in Kenya and not Hawaii? (I'm not saying that's true, I'm just saying that was the claim that got everyone's knickers in a knot)

Dipstik
08-17-2015, 05:57 PM
his parents weren't citizens. He wouldn't be one unless he was born in the us.

TMI
08-17-2015, 05:57 PM
Nevermind, I googled it. So I think it wouldn't have mattered anyways if Obomba wasn't born in Hawaii. Not quite sure though, I don't know the details of where his parents lived or what country they were citizens or nationals of.

The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:
(a) a person born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof;
(b) a person born in the United States to a member of an Indian, Eskimo, Aleutian, or other aboriginal tribe: Provided, That the granting of citizenship under this subsection shall not in any manner impair or otherwise affect the right of such person to tribal or other property;
(c) a person born outside of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents both of whom are citizens of the United States and one of whom has had a residence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions, prior to the birth of such person;
(d) a person born outside of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is a citizen of the United States who has been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year prior to the birth of such person, and the other of whom is a national, but not a citizen of the United States;
(e) a person born in an outlying possession of the United States of parents one of whom is a citizen of the United States who has been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year at any time prior to the birth of such person;
(f) a person of unknown parentage found in the United States while under the age of five years, until shown, prior to his attaining the age of twenty-one years, not to have been born in the United States;
(g) a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than five years, at least two of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years: Provided, That any periods of honorable service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or periods of employment with the United States Government or with an international organization as that term is defined in section 288 of title 22 by such citizen parent, or any periods during which such citizen parent is physically present abroad as the dependent unmarried son or daughter and a member of the household of a person
(A) honorably serving with the Armed Forces of the United States, or
(B) employed by the United States Government or an international organization as defined in section 288 of title 22, may be included in order to satisfy the physical-presence requirement of this paragraph. This proviso shall be applicable to persons born on or after December 24, 1952, to the same extent as if it had become effective in its present form on that date; and
(h) a person born before noon (Eastern Standard Time) May 24, 1934, outside the limits and jurisdiction of the United States of an alien father and a mother who is a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, had resided in the United States.

LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.

TMI
08-17-2015, 05:58 PM
lol, jinx on you. you owe me a coke.

oh ok.

I Love Money
08-18-2015, 08:53 PM
Ted Cruz is awesome and he'd make a great president. Marxist Evan would probably kill himself though.

Vile Lynn
08-19-2015, 09:57 AM
Cruz will be out of the race before the year ends.

Dipstik
08-19-2015, 11:33 AM
Cruz will be out of the race before the year ends.

No he won't. And yes, I will remember to remind you about this.

Winnson
08-19-2015, 03:04 PM
Anyone that sits in the big chair is nothing more than a puppet.

How much power do you think POTUS has?

It's the most vetted job in the world, and whoever gave you the money to get you there is pulling the strings.

If you don't fully understand that, you could never be POTUS. You wouldn't get the job.

It is what it is.