PDA

View Full Version : Netflix info...

Vile Lynn
08-05-2015, 12:15 PM
DirecTV just became a member of the AT&T family. I'm about done with both companies, including UVerse.

I was thinking about getting Netflix but know absolutely nothing about the service or streaming. I don't even know enough to ask questions...

Is Netflix worth trying? Any insight or advice?

Dipstik
08-05-2015, 12:23 PM
I haven't had any premium TV service in about three years. Just Netflix. Be sure to get at least one physical Dvd along with your streaming plan... Getting the red envelope in the mail is fun.

justjon
08-05-2015, 12:26 PM
The only thing I know about Neflix, is that they recently started offering a full year paid maternity/paternity leave.

Hope that helps!

http://www.racemagnum.com/images/smilies/fyeah.png

Dipstik
08-05-2015, 12:30 PM
Remind me to short their stock...

TxTireMan
08-06-2015, 03:59 AM
DirecTV just became a member of the AT&T family. I'm about done with both companies, including UVerse.

I was thinking about getting Netflix but know absolutely nothing about the service or streaming. I don't even know enough to ask questions...

Is Netflix worth trying? Any insight or advice?

Check out Hulu as well. Also no TV service here, used Nedflix for a year or two but been on Hulu for about 3.

Both do free trials I believe. Check em out

Vile Lynn
08-06-2015, 06:34 AM
Thanks guys! As soon as I can figure out how to get my XBox360 hooked up, I'll try Netflix & Hulu, too. Having both would still be tons cheaper than DirecTV. I feel like a sucker paying so much for so long.

Dipstik
08-06-2015, 06:53 AM
I just re-upped with DirecTV, SOLELY for the NFL sunday ticket package. I've flipped through the channels, and I can't even find anything to watch. Even with HBO and Showtime. I just go back to netflix anyway.

Vile Lynn
08-06-2015, 07:27 AM
Ha, yeah, disappointing.

I called to have HBO removed but they gave me a discount for 6months: $17.99/mo to $10.99/mo and that still isn't worth it. I'm calling them now to have it removed. My next call will be to have it completely cancelled.

Oh sh!t! I could have given you my acct number for $100 off our bills! :p

(update edit) Been waiting on hold w/ DirecTV for 40 mins... I'm seriously stubborn. After an hour, I'll call AT&T since they are family now... sheesh.