PDA

View Full Version : 40% off

Umpa Loompa
07-31-2015, 03:11 AM
Such a good timing to do a 40% sale. Look at it this way: a clothing store first lays off most of their employees and after that has a massive sale to sell whatever is left. What happens next? :rolleyes:

Brendan
07-31-2015, 04:05 AM
Such a good timing to do a 40% sale. Look at it this way: a clothing store first lays off most of their employees and after that has a massive sale to sell whatever is left. What happens next? :rolleyes:

Yay! 40% off gold which will be useless when this game closes. Invest your money in Donald Trump's shares instead, that man is going places (not Mexico though).

The Movie Critic
07-31-2015, 05:35 AM
Yay! 40% off gold which will be useless when this game closes. Invest your money in Donald Trump's shares instead, that man is going places (not Mexico though).

Excellent idea.

sister morphine
07-31-2015, 06:40 AM
Maybe if you all club together, you can buy the guy a decent toupé. Just don't vote for him.

Bala82
07-31-2015, 08:17 AM
They have done 40% off before but this game still going on it will never end as long as people are buying gold it will contiue

Gree has only shot down 2 games i know of
Criminal Legacy
Rage of immortals

I still think this game going same as before

Jcw9811
07-31-2015, 08:53 AM
They have done 40% off before but this game still going on it will never end as long as people are buying gold it will contiue

Criminal Legacy
Rage of immortals

And they were played a lot less than CC. The spending in CC is enough to keep it going for a while

Idiosyncrasy
07-31-2015, 09:26 AM

Criminal Legacy
Rage of immortals

The notables from the last couple years that have been discontinued include:

Monster Quest
Legends at War
Beyond the Dead
Call to Arms
Rage of the Immortals
MLB Full Deck
Criminal Legacy

There are some smaller ones from years past, but those are some of the mains. Like they said, they are going more for depth than breadth now. Hopefully that improves the game experience for those who are left.

TheWarthog
07-31-2015, 09:35 AM

May be. But usually the 40% off sales are on holiday weekends. This thing out of the blue may be indicitive of poor gold sales. They also sweetened the deal on the bundle packs by giving the same amount of gold as in the vaults, bank trust etc.

I REALLY think its cute how they keep rendering gold obsolete by dorking around with stats and they think that they'll draw some of the players who have quit buying gold as a result will start again because they knocked a few bucks off of their usual sale prce.
I also find it depressing that some (undoubtedly) will.

Bala82
07-31-2015, 10:53 AM
normally i would jump on this but i realise nothing to spend my gold on :(

Only time i buy gold LTB gold building but none in store :(

Vile Lynn
07-31-2015, 01:04 PM
The notables from the last couple years that have been discontinued include:

Legends at War
Beyond the Dead
Call to Arms
Rage of the Immortals
MLB Full Deck
Criminal Legacy

There are some smaller ones from years past, but those are some of the mains. Like they said, they are going more for depth than breadth now. Hopefully that improves the game experience for those who are left.

Add Monster Quest to the list.

Rodimus
07-31-2015, 01:17 PM
Those are a lot of games, good games that shouldn't have been discontinued. Sad

Red BD
07-31-2015, 02:41 PM
Those are a lot of games, good games that shouldn't have been discontinued. Sad

You could be right. I never played any of them, not even once.
These games are not primarily here to satisfy the people who play them. Oh, that's certainly a secondary consideration, and a vital one. The games do not exist to give employment any more than to give enjoyment.
They exist to make money. So long as the folks deciding whether Game X is either giving a satisfactory return on investment or could be changed to make a better one, Game X will probably remain active.

In recent days there has been much said about "layoffs" and how these herald the demise of CC. Of course they could, but they may also just be someone's idea of improving the bottom line.

Who knows?

Idiosyncrasy
07-31-2015, 04:04 PM
Add Monster Quest to the list.

I could have sworn that was at the top of my list, but apparently not. It's added now. Thanks. :D

Umpa Loompa
07-31-2015, 04:28 PM

Yeah... I used to buy gold once in a while and certainly 40% sales, but since all these things happened I won't take the risk. I mean, it doesn't matter for me financially if I do or not, but if I spend money I want the feeling that I invest in something. I really lost that feeling with this game.

DjSyla
08-01-2015, 03:35 AM
the 40% off sale isnt worth it anymore, it still costs more than the 20% off did since the android gold price rise. And dont say its google because all my other games are still the same prices as they always have been lol

Brendan
08-01-2015, 03:56 AM
the 40% off sale isnt worth it anymore, it still costs more than the 20% off did since the android gold price rise. And dont say its google because all my other games are still the same prices as they always have been lol

Plus the cost in pounds is much more expensive than the US dollar price and doesn't reflect the exchange rate.

Winnson
08-01-2015, 04:41 AM
There just doesn't seem to be a reason to buy gold anymore. Events are contant, overlapping, and ongoing. Several of them at once. Stats are going up like ticker tapes.

No one cares about a shiny item anymore when there are tons and tons and tons more constantly coming down the pipe.

IPH is also through the roof now. The economy has been blown right out. How many billions are you sitting on?

Stat inflation and IPH inflation have both completely exploded. Why buy gold to buff them?

Vile Lynn
08-01-2015, 07:15 AM
Why buy gold to buff them?

Buffy bragging rights.

Nighteg
08-01-2015, 07:57 AM
Buffy bragging rights.

I loved Buffy! :)

Brendan
08-01-2015, 08:10 AM
There just doesn't seem to be a reason to buy gold anymore. Events are contant, overlapping, and ongoing. Several of them at once. Stats are going up like ticker tapes.

No one cares about a shiny item anymore when there are tons and tons and tons more constantly coming down the pipe.

IPH is also through the roof now. The economy has been blown right out. How many billions are you sitting on?

Stat inflation and IPH inflation have both completely exploded. Why buy gold to buff them?

That's why all I'm giving them is 40% off the steam from my p i s s.

MK Loves You
08-01-2015, 08:35 AM
That's why all I'm giving them is 40% off the steam from my p i s s.

I don't think it's suppose to have steam coming off of it... you should consider having that checked.

F@st
08-02-2015, 07:26 AM
40 % off is the price with 20% of before they change price...

:/

anyway now i and we need 40% and 60% off, i'm not going to buy... i buy pack sometime.. for survive in game.. but price are rly to expensive..

3100 gold for 87 euros ok but more 120 euros never.. can buy another thing with that..

Max Power
08-02-2015, 09:02 AM
normally i would jump on this but i realise nothing to spend my gold on :(

Only time i buy gold LTB gold building but none in store :(

You don't have to spend it right away.

You could be right. I never played any of them, not even once.
These games are not primarily here to satisfy the people who play them. Oh, that's certainly a secondary consideration, and a vital one. The games do not exist to give employment any more than to give enjoyment.
They exist to make money. So long as the folks deciding whether Game X is either giving a satisfactory return on investment or could be changed to make a better one, Game X will probably remain active.

In recent days there has been much said about "layoffs" and how these herald the demise of CC. Of course they could, but they may also just be someone's idea of improving the bottom line.

Who knows?

Gree seems to be a special animal. Other game companies seem to succeed without nearly as much pressure to spend. Can't answer for games like Boom Beach and Game of War, but I am playing SimCity BuildIt right now and it is very possible to play for free indefinitely. All spending does in that game is cure impatience, and that is what Gree used to do in CC. Now, for those that feel the pressure of syndicate mates, etc., spending is necessary to please others, not just yourself, and that is a sure ticket to burnout.

Idiosyncrasy
08-02-2015, 06:57 PM
You don't have to spend it right away.

Gree seems to be a special animal. Other game companies seem to succeed without nearly as much pressure to spend. Can't answer for games like Boom Beach and Game of War, but I am playing SimCity BuildIt right now and it is very possible to play for free indefinitely. All spending does in that game is cure impatience, and that is what Gree used to do in CC. Now, for those that feel the pressure of syndicate mates, etc., spending is necessary to please others, not just yourself, and that is a sure ticket to burnout.

Same here with SimCity Build It. It solves the itch for wanting to build an economy and accomplish goals, but without the pressure. I like it because I can play for a short while, put it down for a few weeks, and then pick back up right where I left off with no remorse.

Umpa Loompa
08-03-2015, 02:30 AM
40 % off is the price with 20% of before they change price...

:/

anyway now i and we need 40% and 60% off, i'm not going to buy... i buy pack sometime.. for survive in game.. but price are rly to expensive..

3100 gold for 87 euros ok but more 120 euros never.. can buy another thing with that..

We only get 1500 gold for €100 on iOs, stop complaining for real

Max Power
08-03-2015, 06:32 AM
Same here with SimCity Build It. It solves the itch for wanting to build an economy and accomplish goals, but without the pressure. I like it because I can play for a short while, put it down for a few weeks, and then pick back up right where I left off with no remorse.

That's really all I am looking for in a phone game, actually. I marvel at people that log in hourly for years on end. Whole generations are being lost.....LOL!

TxTireMan
08-03-2015, 07:55 AM

Downloading now lol looking for a replacement for CC :/

TxTireMan
08-03-2015, 07:56 AM
That's really all I am looking for in a phone game, actually. I marvel at people that log in hourly for years on end. Whole generations are being lost.....LOL!

Ya i'm more of a bi-hourly at minimum kinda person :/ (yes i have a problem i know)......looking into this Sim City......

Dipstik
08-03-2015, 08:06 AM
I'm a huge fan of Puzzle and Dragon. It's like Bejeweled crossed with Pokemon.

TxTireMan
08-03-2015, 10:09 AM
I'm a huge fan of Puzzle and Dragon. It's like Bejeweled crossed with Pokemon.

Pokemon you say?? Takes me back.....

Dipstik
08-03-2015, 10:11 AM
Gotta catch em all, baby

Red BD
08-03-2015, 03:35 PM
I marvel at people that log in hourly for years on end. Whole generations are being lost.....LOL!

Suppose that depends on how they would otherwise be using their time. lol