PDA

View Full Version : Amid 30% Layoffs At Gree, Gaming Giant Buys Twiitch, Opens Offices In Berlin & Oz

thescondo
07-27-2015, 10:44 AM
Gree describes the staffing changes as a move to “hard reset the business” so that it can focus on fewer business areas — specifically lifetime value (LTV) game development (that is, developing more games in franchises), as well as live operations and franchise and marketing and franchise leadership.

Link to: http://techcrunch.com/2015/07/27/amid-30-layoffs-at-gree-intl-gaming-giant-buys-twiitch-opens-offices-in-berlin-and-oz/#.etwj5r:coMf

J-manKometh96
07-27-2015, 11:22 AM
So it's business as usual. Buy a company, exploit it for every last penny and resource, ditch it, and move on to the next one. Should we warn the Twiitch customers?

sstuutss
07-27-2015, 01:37 PM
there's that e word again

Vile Lynn
07-27-2015, 02:23 PM
Anybody play Heroes of War?

(Never heard of it myself, until reading that link.)
Thanks for posting.

DEWIN NUTTIN
07-27-2015, 02:48 PM
HoW isn't a war game, as we know war games.
It's more akin to a knights or fantasy role play game.
I found it rather boring.
Plus, lets just say, cries of hack this, jack that abound.
The "wizards" and "sorcerers" rule HoW unmolested, unimpeded, undisturbed.
Nexon is powerless to stop them, so they've given up trying.
Versions of magic enhanced games abound all over the various "special repositories" all over the 'net.

Speed ump
07-27-2015, 03:21 PM
Jmman, you mean wen them by trolling their forum, calling them names for spending? If you're going to add to your work load by adding mor forums to troll, you should ask dew for a raise.

sstuutss
07-27-2015, 03:29 PM
See, they can't help themselves, just have to make up names to call people.

HellRaizer
07-27-2015, 03:35 PM
I think its a real shame that they killed off the Community team.

I don't blame them for any of the issues. They were powerless and seemingly ignored, which seemed to lead to their layoff.

They should have essential to the new dev initiatives as they understood what the community. Between them, they had vast knowledge in the games industry. Relic worked in Ubisoft before. They brought real talent, but were overlooked and therefore made to appear as unhelpful and out of touch on the forums..

Gree should look at the real reasons as to why their profits are slumping.. So we can only hope that Twitch CEOs bring in new concepts for Gree to adopt.
If so, maybe this could help Gree if they're willing to listen

Speed ump
07-27-2015, 03:35 PM
Trolls? Trolls isn't a name, it's an action. Is descriptive of something someone does. if I raced cars, you would call me a racer, or a race car driver. If I make great bbq, you would call me a pitmaster, or a grill master. If I told funny jokes you'd call me a comedian. It's not offensive if it's an accurate description of an endeavor you take part in. Many of you guys have even admitted you are trolls, some are still in denial.

Vile Lynn
07-27-2015, 03:40 PM
I think its a real shame that they killed off the Community team.

Are you sure about this?

Relic & Clementine say they still work at GREE as community managers on LinkedIn.

HellRaizer
07-27-2015, 03:53 PM
Are you sure about this?

Relic & Clementine say they still work at GREE as community managers on LinkedIn.

100% sure. Im on Relic's LinkedIn and Facebook account and she made it very public about the layoffs (and quite rightly)

sstuutss
07-27-2015, 03:58 PM
Trolls? Trolls isn't a name, it's an action. Is descriptive of something someone does. if I raced cars, you would call me a racer, or a race car driver. If I make great bbq, you would call me a pitmaster, or a grill master. If I told funny jokes you'd call me a comedian. It's not offensive if it's an accurate description of an endeavor you take part in. Many of you guys have even admitted you are trolls, some are still in denial.

oh sump, your use of the word trolls had nothing to do with my post.

There I made it a little easier for you

Ajk
07-27-2015, 06:43 PM
Jmman, you mean wen them by trolling their forum, calling them names for spending? If you're going to add to your work load by adding mor forums to troll, you should ask dew for a raise.

I think we all know what you meant there gump. Why can't you just stop attacking people? You are not an innocent in all of the negativity here bro. You are very much in the thick of it.

Speed ump
07-27-2015, 06:54 PM
Attacking, and responding are different things. Also the things I point out are based on facts and evidence. Something you guys seem to know little about. I am curious though, how long does it take to go through the approval process with the boss to get something posted from the time you think of it. Or are all the posts really his ideas, and he meets out a few to each employee? See, I can actually excuse most of you guys, you're just doing a job you're paid to do. Until one of you let the cat out of the bag, it looked more like a cult.

Ajk
07-27-2015, 07:13 PM
Are you talking about me? Trust when I tell you I couldn't be further than I am with the gang you are talking about. I just like to voice my opinion once in awhile, seems ok for you. But when you start talking "facts this and facts that", I'm really wondering where these facts are. Just because you seem to think you have money doesn't make what you spout off as true. You really do have an ego complex don't you?

I would wager though that being a friend of Dew would be a lot more sincere than being a freind of yours.

Speed ump
07-27-2015, 07:21 PM
Haha, why don't you just try that in for size and see what its like. I'm sure you and dew could be bffs. Good luck. Having money dosnt make the truth, the truth just is. See, it's funny that you're the one bringing up money, when it wasn't even part of this conversation. More proof of that jealousy thing I have mentioned In the past.

Ajk
07-27-2015, 07:30 PM
I have no interest in conforming to either side of this. The bottom line is you, apparently love facts. I'm questioning what, and where these facts are. As far as money, I could give two $hit$ about money, we're looking for facts, right?

Calm down there gump, your ego is showing again...

Speed ump
07-27-2015, 07:36 PM
If you don't care about money, why did you bring it up, this convo had nothing to do with that. Again, those pesky facts are getting in the way of the words you're typing. I never said I had money. In fact it's well known ( right from mr dews mouth) that I get both free gree gold, and kickbacks on gold purchases by others. How does that sound like I think I have money.

Ajk
07-27-2015, 07:43 PM
If you don't care about money, why did you bring it up, this convo had nothing to do with that. Again, those pesky facts are getting in the way of the words you're typing. I never said I had money. In fact it's well known ( right from mr dews mouth) that I get both free gree gold, and kickbacks on gold purchases by others. How does that sound like I think I have money.

Mostly because I like your witty conversations. It gives me vocabulary lessons while I wait for the tourney in a game thats far superior. Cheese

Z-Infierno
07-28-2015, 12:19 AM
Gree says that its top three titles — Modern War, Crime City, and War of Nations — have been downloaded over 130 million times. Knights & Dragons, which was co-developed with IUGO, brought in over $80 million in revenue in its first two years. The company is valued at $1.4 billion and has a run rate of $1 billion...........Wonder Thanks to who???? bahahaha TOP 10 please keep spending we need you kind money contribution to keep playing for FREE lol

HGF69
07-28-2015, 03:04 AM
Speed gimp is probably the most annoying thing on this forum and the reason i rarely check in on his troll posts in here that make him look aggressive towards everyone. Notice how he never offers offers constructive comment on anything or towards anyone without saying they are wrong but funnily it's usually him that looks the tool.

Helios Von Elisar
07-28-2015, 04:19 AM
Buying???

This can't be. Gree was closing shop. All the posts are predicting it. A few ex-players were jumping for joy.

The trolls are going to be sooo pissed.

Agent Orange
07-28-2015, 06:18 AM
Nope this is common strategy for an aquisition based sw company. They buy, suck out all the cash and toss away the empty shell. What is happening here is a classic example, the bean counters are watching revenues decline giving them an excuse to start the layoff process. This frees up cash to aquire something else. Funzio principals could get monumentally screwed if part of the purchase involved stock as could this new aquisition.

The comments from current and former gree staff underlines a total lack of upper management focus and commitment to their products which is why these titles are going down the toilet.

If greecorpse had management that had a clue they would have purged themselves and got product Q&A back on track. As it is they seem to actually want these products to fail.

The Pharoah
07-28-2015, 08:26 AM
This forum is dying because every damn thread ends up in the same old playground arguments. This used to be something approaching a community, where players worked together to offset the indifference of Gree. Now what is it? Half a dozen bums fighting under an overpass while the trustfund kids video it for YouTube? Jesus.

[PM] Dredd
07-29-2015, 05:05 PM
~Locked. Thread has run its course.