PDA

View Full Version : Three Quick Questions

Robespierre
07-24-2015, 03:06 PM
Hi Sirius, I've got three quick questions:

1. How does "soldier equipment" work? It's in my profile, but I'm not sure how it works.

2. How are skill points relevant to attacks or missions?

3. What are the "classified" portions of the events stated in the globe?

Any explanation would be helpful for our faction's new players.

Thanks!

Greg76
07-24-2015, 03:40 PM
Soldier equipment is crap, was a mistake by gree trying to change game a while back. Its worthless.
Skill points dont do crap for attack or defense, so just use them for energy.
The "classified"portion in globe is crap also, it means nothing.
Hope this was helpful lol

Ajk
07-24-2015, 03:51 PM
I think he was looking for an "official" answer. Thanks though.

Agent Orange
07-24-2015, 03:52 PM
Hi Sirius, I've got three quick questions:

1. How does "soldier equipment" work? It's in my profile, but I'm not sure how it works.

2. How are skill points relevant to attacks or missions?

3. What are the "classified" portions of the events stated in the globe?

Any explanation would be helpful for our faction's new players.

Thanks!

Not sure if Sirrius will ever see this so here's what I notice.

Those are good questions, I'm pretty sure the soldier equipment is a failed experiment though I recall some mention of it coming back. For now I think it's dead.

Skill points another mystery eh, gree supposedly rejigged the formula when we got the chance to redistribute them. Prior to this I had noticed that if you distributed the points in a specific manner the game would misread what you had. After the redistribution it seems this oddity was not fixed....

Are the classified portions upcoming events, granted I have no idea anymore, just a wild guess.

tigerlion
07-24-2015, 03:54 PM
I think he was looking for an "official" answer. Thanks though.

Good luck getting an 'official' answer. With the latest round of layoffs, not many around. And, even when they're around, they don't know much or lie.

Greasy
07-24-2015, 04:16 PM
1,2 As many have said, those were from "old" gameplay and is not relevant anymore.
3 There used to be a temporary boost in each event, and this "Classified" tap reveals these boost one by one. But this part of the gameplay is also history now. i.e. irrelevant too.

Sirius
07-24-2015, 04:22 PM
I tend to leave this up for the community to answer but I'll see if I can snag a few updates on these. Skill points still matter but as a player I tend to go for the energy gain etc.

If I recall correctly, the classified part is for up coming events but I know that might change into something else that could be fun.

Danger Mouse
07-24-2015, 04:32 PM
I tend to leave this up for the community to answer but I'll see if I can snag a few updates on these. Skill points still matter but as a player I tend to go for the energy gain etc.

If I recall correctly, the classified part is for up coming events but I know that might change into something else that could be fun.

Yeah, but Sirius, you can't leave these up to the community to answer as the community has never been given the answers in the first place. Any answers we might give are pure supposition and guesswork as no one from Gree has ever told us anything regarding these functions and how, in detail, they actually work. We believe one and two are redundant, but that only because we can't see any obvious macro effect that you can say "Aha! That's equipment at work!" Or "Aha! That's skill points in play!".

How about some straight answers on how, exactly and in detail, these two functions are or were intended to work, or if they are redundant - tell us they're redundant.

Sorry bud, as last mod standing you're our only channel to the people with the real answers as opposed to forum guesswork. Thanks dude.

Sirius
07-24-2015, 04:42 PM
Yeah, but Sirius, you can't leave these up to the community to answer as the community has never been given the answers in the first place. Any answers we might give are pure supposition and guesswork as no one from Gree has ever told us anything regarding these functions and how, in detail, they actually work. We believe one and two are redundant, but that only because we can't see any obvious macro effect that you can say "Aha! That's equipment at work!" Or "Aha! That's skill points in play!".

How about some straight answers on how, exactly and in detail, these two functions are or were intended to work, or if they are redundant - tell us they're redundant.

Sorry bud, as last mod standing you're our only channel to the people with the real answers as opposed to forum guesswork. Thanks dude.

No worries! I'll see what I can find out in greater detail though it might not be today due to it's most folks time to head home^^

Ajk
07-24-2015, 05:42 PM
Good luck getting an 'official' answer. With the latest round of layoffs, not many around. And, even when they're around, they don't know much or lie.
Well lookie there. What I was referring to was based on recent previous posts by Sirius saying communication is going to be better. I know, I know, it's never been consistent in the past but I think maybe (hopefully) they realize it is very, very much needed. I took the thread post as a "testing of the waters" so to speak because the op has been around the block a few times here.

Just follow up on it Sirius, I don't think it's ever been fully explained here since the redistribution of skill points at least. How do they work exactly in all the available places to allocate them?

I may even load my games back up if Gree makes a long lasting attempt to communicate.

Speed ump
07-24-2015, 05:59 PM
Sirius, I hewr what you're saying, but there's pretty solid evidnece that attack and defense do zero, Nilch, nada. Rob, the answers everyone here gave are correct, soldier equipment lasted a few months, still shows up in your inventory, but has no effect at this point. Put all your skills Into energy, until and unless Gree changes the values of those skills points and slews everything again.

tigerlion
07-24-2015, 06:05 PM
Well lookie there. What I was referring to was based on recent previous posts by Sirius saying communication is going to be better. I know, I know, it's never been consistent in the past but I think maybe (hopefully) they realize it is very, very much needed. I took the thread post as a "testing of the waters" so to speak because the op has been around the block a few times here.

Just follow up on it Sirius, I don't think it's ever been fully explained here since the redistribution of skill points at least. How do they work exactly in all the available places to allocate them?

I may even load my games back up if Gree makes a long lasting attempt to communicate.

That's what Bolt said also, and look what happened to him and the others. They always say things will be better, but they're not. Don't get your hopes up on Sirius. He's not better than the others.

Danger Mouse
07-24-2015, 06:34 PM
No worries! I'll see what I can find out in greater detail though it might not be today due to it's most folks time to head home^^

Cheers dude, some long awaited answers in that lot. look forward to getting the official explanations.

sstuutss
07-24-2015, 07:09 PM
In fairness we were told by gree equipment was dumped and no longer did anything.(even if we were lied to about why it was dumped). We were alos told equipment would be coming back in a new event(which I also think was a lie, but it stopped those who had spent on said equipment being so upset)
At least thats how I remember it. Do I have to dig up the post?

Vegaman
07-25-2015, 02:48 AM
Yep agree that the op was testing the waters as he/she is a very experienced MW gamer.

Maybe bringing the equipment back as the new atk/def stat for certain events, is the only way for new players to get involved and help regenerate the game? Maybe an equipment PvP ? Or something similar with energy, upgrade, etc rewards?

Speed ump
07-25-2015, 10:46 AM
Please, no equipment. I hated that

tigerlion
07-25-2015, 12:09 PM
Please, no equipment. I hated that

For once, I agree with Speed, lol

J-manKometh96
07-25-2015, 01:16 PM
For once, I agree with Speed, lol

Same here lol. If that's not a sign that this is the end of days, I don't know what is.

Speed ump
07-25-2015, 07:01 PM
Maybe we all need group therapy

The Pharoah
07-26-2015, 07:16 AM
Out of curiosity, what were the best items of equipment available?

I never bothered with it, but I like to see how the other half live(d).

Vegaman
07-26-2015, 09:05 AM
Agree it was dire, but at least i could attack whales in WD as pretty much a level playing field. Now with teams having monster stat players sitting it out in retirement in lower league teams its again a lottery to get points.

Agent Orange
07-26-2015, 02:12 PM
Another item to add to the list, the coverage range of defence buildings. Even from the very start of the game Funzio never really fessed up to whether that aspect of the building was ever put into play. Granted given the low stats of the old buildings these days it seems pointless to own any but here they are still in the game.

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
07-27-2015, 12:27 AM
Another item to add to the list, the coverage range of defence buildings. Even from the very start of the game Funzio never really fessed up to whether that aspect of the building was ever put into play. Granted given the low stats of the old buildings these days it seems pointless to own any but here they are still in the game.

It never change. WYSIWY.don't.G

The Pharoah
07-27-2015, 03:39 AM

I think the persistence of many of the older or unsuccessful elements of the game is mainly down to the fact that people had previously parted with money to acquire them, hence total deletion would require refunding money to customers or at least returning gold, which we know Gree do not enjoy doing.

I'd like to see the defence buildings updated. Though raiding is less of a component than it once was, anything that adds additional facets to gameplay has to be a good thing.

Additionally, why did we get a boost building for defence, but not one for attack? Seems obvious.

Speed ump
07-27-2015, 05:46 AM
I don't think that's true, they made older told units useless with stat inflation, they made the equipment useless, and at one time they changed the gameplay so that anyone could attack almost anyone, despite how big or how much they had spent. Just dropping elements out of the game I think affects other aspects, and we all all know they can't add things without hugs and glitches, think what would happen if they took them away.

WBS
07-27-2015, 12:29 PM
Pharaoh may have a point because we still have all the equipment that some did spend money on to acquire. But Speed could be right also. Who knows, it is gree we are talking about.

HellRaizer
07-27-2015, 03:13 PM
Judging from the chat in GM rooms I would say that equipment (and accomplices in CC) cost Gree not once but twice.

A number of people quit the game and/or went to third parties for compensation after the belief that their "invested" cash was instantly devalued to zero... And then... Once equipment was dropped, the same thing happened again, certain people claimed that invested money to achieve said equipment was a waste..

Certainly wont debate what is considered a "waste of money", but I'm sure Gree would have to be very careful to ensure that they don't cause the same sort of loss by attempting to reintroduce it again.

good gawd noooo
07-27-2015, 03:23 PM
lol yes hell raizer summed it up nicely as always... lol someone needs to put that hat back on HIM at least he still knows more then the paid mods/admin do. sorry to throw you under buss hellraizer but at least you always gave educated and honest answers

Speed ump
07-27-2015, 03:30 PM
Hell, they've had so many instances of that, it's ridiculous. It's one thing to have to keep building in the foundation, it's quite another when they blow up the foundation every few months and make you basically rebuild. I guess at least you already have the property, water, sewer, and electrical in place, so it's not a complete loss, but dosnt make you feel warm and fuzzy about it either. I guess I'm used to it now, but is nuts just how many times they've done that. Then I keep hearing how new guys are screwed. It's almost the other way around. Each new round of changes the newer guys have more of a chance to catch up without spending the kind of money some spent to get their stats. I remeber what it took for me and mr dew to reach 100k early, then 200k, etc. Every penny of that was wasted. Who would even want a unit that was a hundred k today.

truthteller
07-27-2015, 03:42 PM

The "Classified" part is where the TEMP bonuses given during events would show (collect "x" number of part to activate the temp bonus) GREE NERF them a few cycles ago, because .....

1- many complained they wanted more perm bonuses rather than temp
2- many players only did events to get the temp bonuses (the good ones like extra energy regen and 1+ building upgrade) then stop doing the rest of events = less revenues for Gree = Temp bonuses got nuke

HellRaizer
07-27-2015, 04:05 PM
Hell, they've had so many instances of that, it's ridiculous. It's one thing to have to keep building in the foundation, it's quite another when they blow up the foundation every few months and make you basically rebuild. I guess at least you already have the property, water, sewer, and electrical in place, so it's not a complete loss, but dosnt make you feel warm and fuzzy about it either. I guess I'm used to it now, but is nuts just how many times they've done that. Then I keep hearing how new guys are screwed. It's almost the other way around. Each new round of changes the newer guys have more of a chance to catch up without spending the kind of money some spent to get their stats. I remeber what it took for me and mr dew to reach 100k early, then 200k, etc. Every penny of that was wasted. Who would even want a unit that was a hundred k today.

Completely agree

I always think back to a few things that cost quite a lot
- fusion apc (I think) was the first +1 upgrade I got from a crate event. Had to put a lot of gold into that, and then it became possible to buy ab eqiv unit a few years later for a faction of the price
- golden units. I used to wait for the 2 or 3 packs and then buy lots to build up a load of bonus units. Stat inflation killed that

Could go on about more, but you've summed it up well:)

Danger Mouse
07-27-2015, 04:18 PM
At least though all the old timers have the benefit of excellent percentage boosts from all the great boost units that were given out back then. Nowadays gree are so miserly (partly to be fair because they were trying to reign in rampant stat inflation caused by said great boosts) that new players really don't have a chance of catching old timers unless Gree reset everything with a new initiative (like failed equipment). It's just a mess all round.

Robespierre
07-28-2015, 01:29 PM

Thanks for the help Sirius!

Always great to have help from those that know exactly what is going on.

Speed ump
07-28-2015, 01:58 PM
Rob I'm afaraid that they're not always great at sharing that knowledge with us. I think that's the most frustrating thing that people complain about. Though whenever they do, people lambast them for whatever it is, because they want it to be something different. It's pretty much a no win situation. I think if they had started out like that though, that would not really happen. At this point I just don't think anytjung they say or do would garner much postive thoughts, unless it was done in a massive scale.

PITA4PRES
07-28-2015, 06:58 PM
I actually saw an explanation of how skill points relate to attack and defense. It was somewhere on here but would have no clue where to look. I will try to explain it as I remember it but may be a little off with info as it has been awhile. As we've always been told there is a random modifier. That random modifier can be + or - which was news to me. Likewise your opponent also has a random modifier for their defense, and again that modifier could be + or -. The number of skill points each player has allocated for their attack or defense will affect how it will affect their stats for that attack. As an example your modifier is -, and your opponent gets a + modifier. If you have a lot of skill points invested in attack the negative modifier will have a greater effect on lowering your stats for that particular attack. If your opponent has a lot of points on defense, this can boost their defense enough to win that particular attack. This can explain why you lose to an opponent with lower defense. These modifers and skill points aren't reflected in the results screen making it very difficult to understand why you lose to someone with so much lower defense.. As I said I might be a little off on some details but this is more or less how skill points are supposed to work.Hope this makes some sense and helps a bit.

TheDanimal
07-30-2015, 10:16 PM
attack & def skill points do, in fact, have an impact. That impact, however, is so small that it is negligible. This could change in the future, but as of now, these skills are insignificant.

Rolinz
08-01-2015, 08:10 AM
I tend to leave this up for the community to answer but I'll see if I can snag a few updates on these.

This attitude is the main problem we all have with GREE!

How do you expect anyone here in the community to have any answers when GREE does not even share anything with us in the first place!

Robespierre
08-06-2015, 09:19 AM
Sirius...still being patient on some official feedback.

Robespierre
08-13-2015, 05:24 PM
Any updates since last week? Help a brother out.

Speed ump
08-13-2015, 08:53 PM
Sure, according to the records,you're another week older. Congrats.

Ajk
08-17-2015, 04:15 PM
Is there any wonder why the game and forum are in a complete state of chaos? Simple questions were asked, players waiting patiently for answers, and we all get ignored once again. You cannot possibly be that busy that you can't take 10 minutes out of the weeks this was presented to you and give us some answers. This is why your revenue has all but dried up compared to what it was. It is quite unfortunate but most deserving.

With the outcome of this thread, asking simple questions and receiving nothing in return but another "I'll get back to you" that has now been ample time to answer, I will continue to take my cash and spend it on a more deserving game developer. One that has shown in the past and present that they are more than willing to attend to their customer base in a more respectful manner.

Robespierre
08-26-2015, 02:33 PM
Still patiently waiting. ��

Any update on when some response will be available?

J-manKometh96
08-26-2015, 02:58 PM
Still patiently waiting. ��

Any update on when some response will be available?
I know it's not the official response you desire, but Greasy pretty much gave the correct answer way back in the 6th post of this thread.

Robespierre
08-27-2015, 12:17 PM
I know it's not the official response you desire, but Greasy pretty much gave the correct answer way back in the 6th post of this thread.

Thanks for the help. I guess I had delusions that we would get helpful responses when help was offered.

So if there is an analogy for all of the non-working features in the game, it would be like having a used custom car where the sunroof, stereo, windows, and air conditioner are broken, but the car still sputters along?

J-manKometh96
08-27-2015, 12:30 PM
Yes, but on 3 of the 8 cylinders.