PDA

View Full Version : Hellraizer ama

HellRaizer
07-23-2015, 02:16 AM
Just a little bit of fun. But feel free to ask me anything about my time in the forums and game ;)

Ant venom
08-28-2015, 01:08 PM
How long have you played Modern War and what's one thing that you disliked that GREE did in the game?

HellRaizer
08-29-2015, 12:42 AM
How pong have you played Modern War and what's one thing that you disliked that GREE did in the game?

3+ Years and the first round of stat inflation that devalued the Golden LE Units to nothing

Ant venom
09-01-2015, 10:25 AM
How often are you on, on the Forums?

HellRaizer
09-03-2015, 06:00 AM
How often are you on, on the Forums?

Sadly every day. Even thou it took me three days to reply to this :)

J-manKometh96
09-03-2015, 08:50 AM
Did you reapply to be a mod again?

Ant venom
09-03-2015, 06:40 PM
Did you reapply to be a mod again?

Thanks for answering my first question and yeah like J-man asked, did you reapply as a Mod again?

HellRaizer
09-03-2015, 11:07 PM
Nope.. Once was enough for me.. If I knew that I could make a difference I would reapply

Ant venom
09-04-2015, 05:17 AM
Nope.. Once was enough for me.. If I knew that I could make a difference I would reapply

Well you could make a difference I mean you have experience as a Forum Moderator. Anyways, who are you nominating for the Moderator position or are you not going to do so?

HellRaizer
09-04-2015, 06:29 AM
Well you could make a difference I mean you have experience as a Forum Moderator. Anyways, who are you nominating for the Moderator position or are you not going to do so?

Unfortunatley being a moderator doesn't give you a communications link into Gree, other than the CMs. (well it didn't)

When Clem and Relic were around, we all used an app called Slack (before that it was Skype). It's a communications app, however the only people in this app were the players moderators and the Community Managers. If Gree were to add, lets say.. 1 dev per game, a few project managers and some support then a difference could definitely be made. But, my fear will be that Sirus and maybe Bolt will only be there. If this is to be the case, then I would predict that it would be very similar to before..
I would say that during a course of a week I would have done the following:
1. Delete spam and OTT trolling (normally identified by people clicking the Triangle)
2. Sticky what I thought was important
3. Answer PMs from fellow gamers.. It's kinda surprising how many people would rather PM questions about the game than raise a thread. Maybe that's because of the way the forums have been going
4. Look at any threads were players raised ideas or concerns
- With these sort of threads I was very limited in what I could do.. i.e. I would chat to Clem or Relic in Slack and draw attention to the thread. They would then forward this information to Dev/Management and that was normally the last I would hear of it. If I chased the items up, they in turn would then try to chase them up but did not get any real answers. I honestly think that the CMs didn't have much sway in the happenings.

I never voted for a Moderator for this reason. If someone whats to handle spam, trolls and thread management and they appear as nice people on the forum I'm happy to back them. But, if they are a dedicated player, I wouldn't want them hitting the same brick wall.

Sorry that that seems so negative and maybe things will become better.. i hope they do

HellRaizer
09-04-2015, 06:35 AM
Forgot to also mention that I'm not so confident in the Player Moderator system after the 1Shot problems. It took about 10 days for his privileges to be removed and during that time and alter deleted and posted many offensive posts. He also gave he username and password out to other forums members who continued the onslaught.. This would always be a potential problem if a non employee gets mod across rights.. especially when the weekend hits.

Vile Lynn
09-04-2015, 07:42 AM
Forgot to also mention that I'm not so confident in the Player Moderator system after the 1Shot problems. It took about 10 days for his privileges to be removed and during that time and alter deleted and posted many offensive posts. He also gave he username and password out to other forums members who continued the onslaught.. This would always be a potential problem if a non employee gets mod across rights.. especially when the weekend hits.

I agree. Somebody was able to ban Bolt within mins of his last post and being fired, but it took them 10 days to deal with 1Shot. Things that make me go hmm...

What do you think about the extremely loose, new definition of "naming and shaming"?

Lolsies
09-04-2015, 07:49 AM
Will you ever consider coming back for another mod run with us?

HellRaizer
09-04-2015, 08:04 AM
At the moment I have a windows phone (until April) and it doesn't support slack, so would only be able to get onto slack while at home... I would come back if there was a more direct route to raise issues. I found it very hard not being able to forward issues to dev :'( .. I do miss the chat thou

@Vile Lynn - I don't believe in name and shame, but it depends on how you interpret "name and shame"

@Lolsies - Who's on slack these days on the Gree side? (if you're allowed to say)

legalious
09-04-2015, 08:07 AM
Who's on slack these days on the Gree side? (if you're allowed to say)

No one from Gree. I can also assume that no one will be back to use it.

HellRaizer
09-04-2015, 08:10 AM
No one from Gree. I can also assume that no one will be back to use it.

According to the "apply for Mod" threads, one of the criteria is to be able to use the Slack App.. So hopefully someone will appear.

Vile Lynn
09-04-2015, 08:58 AM
According to the "apply for Mod" threads, one of the criteria is to be able to use the Slack App.. So hopefully someone will appear.

I don't see why they don't use a forum & set up a private subforum, like the VIP one... easy to use.

What is this about windows phones & slack? I'm not familiar with Slack.

legalious
09-04-2015, 09:01 AM
I don't see why they don't use a forum & set up a private subforum, like the VIP one... easy to use.

What is this about windows phones & slack? I'm not familiar with Slack.

We do have a Moderator subforum but it is hardly ever used or read.

Slack can be accessed via phone or pc.

HellRaizer
09-04-2015, 09:14 AM
We do have a Moderator subforum but it is hardly ever used or read.

Slack can be accessed via phone or pc.

Except windows phone :( .. only Droid or IOS in the phone world ... but then again, hardly anything is built for windows phones.. Wasn't my most wisest of choices for a 24 month contract lol

Vile Lynn
09-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Except windows phone :( .. only Droid or IOS in the phone world ... but then again, hardly anything is built for windows phones.. Wasn't my most wisest of choices for a 24 month contract lol

Ooh yeah... Ok. I didn't know there was a difference but I do now.

If the mod subforum is hardly used or read, that's your own faults. Just like with any of the app forums: if members don't use it, it becomes worthless.

legalious
09-04-2015, 09:44 AM
If the mod subforum is hardly used or read, that's your own faults. Just like with any of the app forums: if members don't use it, it becomes worthless.

I don't see how it was my (or anyone's) fault when I was the one using it the most.

Ant venom
09-04-2015, 10:29 AM
I don't see how it was my (or anyone's) fault when I was the one using it the most.

Because since it was only used by Moderators, and if Moderators don't use it then it was your fault for not using thus making it worthless.

Ant venom
09-04-2015, 10:32 AM
On topic: HellRaizer have you ever been a Forum Moderator or Administrator prior to being one on GREE Forum and if so for how long?

legalious
09-04-2015, 10:32 AM
Because since it was only used by Moderators, and if Moderators don't use it then it was your fault for not using thus making it worthless.

We used it so its not worthless. If only Gree used it as much then we might be getting somewhere, but because they didn't you cant blame us.

Ant venom
09-04-2015, 10:35 AM
We used it so its not worthless. If only Gree used it as much then we might be getting somewhere, but because they didn't you cant blame us.

You were the only ones with access to the Moderator Sub-Forums and Sirius and Dredd are GREE members right? So if you work with them then it won't be worthless. Are you and Lolsies permanent Forum Moderators?

HellRaizer
09-04-2015, 11:01 AM
On topic: HellRaizer have you ever been a Forum Moderator or Administrator prior to being one on GREE Forum and if so for how long?

Of such public and large audience forums.. no. I have been a Mod on a few Fantasy/Science Fiction type forums long ago and also administrated an internal Sports and Social forum in one of the large insurance companies that I worked for.

You were the only ones with access to the Moderator SubForums and Sirius and Dredd are GREE members right? So if you work with them then it won't be worthless. Are you and Lolsies permanent Forum Moderators?

Legalious and Lolsies are Players Moderators (as was I),
Dredd is an unknown (i did ask him what his position was, and it was a little of everything).
Clem, Tadaaah, Relic, Bolt and a few others that never spoke were Community Moderators, but that department has been laid off.
I suppose you would call Sirius an Administrator. He wasn't part of the CM group that I mentioned above

As for the Sub Forum, the CMs above didn't really use it, they preferred to use the chat applications.. First Skype and then Slack. So the Player Moderators didn't really have a choice for the preferred tool of communication

Vile Lynn
09-04-2015, 11:05 AM

Ever heard the phrase, "it takes a village"?
I didn't say it was any one person's fault or yours, legalious; I said "faults," plural, meaning it was the fault of ALL members of the forum if it's not used.

I wish you didn't take everything I post so negatively and personal... just sayin' :)

Ant venom
09-04-2015, 11:13 AM
Of such public and large audience forums.. no. I have been a Mod on a few Fantasy/Science Fiction type forums long ago and also administrated an internal Sports and Social forum in one of the large insurance companies that I worked for.

Legalious and Lolsies are Players Moderators (as was I),
Dredd is an unknown (i did ask him what his position was, and it was a little of everything).
Clem, Tadaaah, Relic, Bolt and a few others that never spoke were Community Moderators, but that department has been laid off.
I suppose you would call Sirius an Administrator. He wasn't part of the CM group that I mentioned above

As for the Sub Forum, the CMs above didn't really use it, they preferred to use the chat applications.. First Skype and then Slack. So
the Player Moderators didn't really have a choice for the preferred tool of communication

That wasn't my point, my point was that I was asking if they were permanent Mods are they are rarely on yet they have never been demoted from their poisitons as Mods. Of course I (and we) know that they are Player Mod.

HellRaizer
09-04-2015, 11:20 AM
That wasn't my point, my point was that I was asking if they were permanent Mods are they are rarely on yet they have never been demoted from their poisitons as Mods. Of course I (and we) know that they are Player Mod.

Not sure if I'm answering now.. Maybe this is a politicians answer lol .. but before the CM team were laid off, each Player Mod was reviewed on a monthly basis to ensure that they were still fulfilling the tasks required of a volunteer mod.. i.e. the stuff in the apply thread.. Whilst i was a mod, one of the other mods was stripped of their mod status due to negative feedback from the user base.

However, with their now being no CM team, I don't know if that review process still take place.

So basically they aren't permanent. If Gree are following their own processes

Ant venom
09-04-2015, 11:43 AM
Not sure if I'm answering now.. Maybe this is a politicians answer lol .. but before the CM team were laid off, each Player Mod was reviewed on a monthly basis to ensure that they were still fulfilling the tasks required of a volunteer mod.. i.e. the stuff in the apply thread.. Whilst i was a mod, one of the other mods was stripped of their mod status due to negative feedback from the user base.

However, with their now being no CM team, I don't know if that review process still take place.

So basically they aren't permanent. If Gree are following their own processes

But your were demoted from your Mod position and it took a while but they still took away 1Shot's Mod status, so I don't see why they don't look at Lolsies' and Legalious' progress, I guess they didn't cause trouble so they got to keep their position.

HellRaizer
09-04-2015, 11:44 AM
But your were demoted from your Mod position and it took a while but they still took away 1Shot's Mod position, so I don't see why they don't look at Lolsies' and Legalious' progress, I guess they didn't cause trouble so they got to keep their position.

I wasn't demoted, but stepped down.
But as regular members I guess we don't know how much they are doing behinds the scenes

Ant venom
09-04-2015, 11:49 AM
I'm still interested to see who will be reviewing the Mods after 6 months when their time as a Volunteer Mod is up and they might have a chance to extend that Mod's time as a Mod. I really don't find any point in having them giving out opportunities to become Volunteer Mods if they don't even appoint ppl to become Mods, Sirius even promised to have a list, I guess they just made the thread to increase their post count. This is very irresponsible of GREE in the fact that they come up with somethung but yet they don't complete it or reward ppl properly. So much for applying and nominating ppl. Great job GREE, great job Sirius and Dredd.

Ant venom
09-04-2015, 11:50 AM
I wasn't demoted, but stepped down
Something like that, but why did you step down? You were pretty decent.

Ant venom
09-04-2015, 11:51 AM
I wasn't demoted, but stepped down.
But as regular members I guess we don't know how much they are doing behinds the scenes

I'm guessing what they do behind the scenes is sitting back and waiting for the money to come in, typical GREE. And thinking of ideas on how to extract more money from us players will making sure the games don't shut down but are close to doing so.

HellRaizer
09-04-2015, 11:58 AM
Somethign like that, but why did you step down? You were pretty decent.

Easiest answer is to show -
*I assume this isn't breach of TOS as i removed all names
http://s17.postimg.org/rtqiyi13j/image.jpg

Ant venom
09-04-2015, 12:03 PM
Easiest answer is to show -
*I assume this isn't breach of TOS as i removed all names
http://s17.postimg.org/rtqiyi13j/image.jpg

It's good to know that you stepped down because of issues with the device you use to communicate but not cause of the fact that you didn't like the fact that GREE introduced DF into K&D (Reversal I'm looking at you).

Lolsies
09-04-2015, 12:47 PM
I'm still interested to see who will be reviewi the Mods after 6 months when their time as a Volunteer Mod is up and they might have a chance to extend that Mod's time as a Mod. I really don't find any point in having them giving out opportunities to become Volunteer Mods if they don't even appoint ppl to become Mods, Sirius even promised to have a list, I guess they just made the thread to increase their post count. This is very irresponsible of GREE in the fact that they come up with somethung but yet they don't complete it or reward ppl properly. So much for applying and nominating ppl. Great job GREE, great job Sirius and Dredd.

They are in the process of choosing the player mods, don't worry about that.

legalious
09-04-2015, 01:24 PM
Ever heard the phrase, "it takes a village"?
I didn't say it was any one person's fault or yours, legalious; I said "faults," plural, meaning it was the fault of ALL members of the forum if it's not used.

I wish you didn't take everything I post so negatively and personal... just sayin' :)

It might be pertinent when describing a situation to not include: you, him, her, your and you're

The phrase was directed at individuals and not the system as a whole.

that's your own faults.

Ant venom
09-04-2015, 01:59 PM
They are in the process of choosing the player mods, don't worry about that.

Well it's great that they are but we can at least get an update by an actual GREE Employee on the Forums.

legalious
09-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Can and will are two separate things.

Sirius
09-04-2015, 03:23 PM
I'm catching up on this thread folks so if I miss a few things don't send in the army on me just yet.

1) I did indeed want to send out a list and even a poll to gauge folks feelings. Well, due to privacy concerns that was a no go this time around and we needed to speed things up.

2) We have reached out to some folks and are going through the process of getting them all signed up. Was hoping to have that all set and down today but waiting game ^^

3) I'm still here and last time I checked, don't plan on going any where (also dedicating a bit more time across the board to help) and the mod team is an open door so we can get more folks in as we go.

Everything is a team effort atm and I do apologize if things seem to fall through the crack sometimes (more than I care to admit...).

Hope that helps!

bevsxrs
09-05-2015, 11:36 AM
broad shoulders are needed to be a mod, and a sense of humor to go with it.

Respect isn't shown to many mods, or fellow members either. Quite a few members don't speak up regarding their thoughts, ideas or opinions due to instantly being slammed with insults or just being belittled. Why else would we have so many members in this forum, having been members for a decent amount of time, will less than 100 posts.

Just my opinion.

HellRaizer
09-05-2015, 03:34 PM

Respect isn't shown to many mods, or fellow members either. Quite a few members don't speak up regarding their thoughts, ideas or opinions due to instantly being slammed with insults or just being belittled. Why else would we have so many members in this forum, having been members for a decent amount of time, will less than 100 posts.

Just my opinion.

Gotta have pretty thick skin..

Vile Lynn
09-08-2015, 07:46 PM

Just my opinion.

I totally agree with your opinion. :)

LüK€¥
09-27-2015, 05:47 AM
I think I should be a MOD.

I'd be amazing!!

BTW, hello Hell Raizer

J-manKometh96
09-30-2015, 05:23 AM
It might be pertinent when describing a situation to not include: you, him, her, your and you're

The phrase was directed at individuals and not the system as a whole.
You might want to try a remedial English course, as that phrase is clearly indicative of plural subjects. At no point did anyone say it was all the fault of Legalious.

beartrap
09-30-2015, 08:04 AM
You might want to try a remedial English course, as that phrase is clearly indicative of plural subjects. At no point did anyone say it was all the fault of Legalious.

He never said it was all his fault. The post said "
that's your own faults" which implied that they were to blame (which in fact was not the case). You might want to revisit the actual words/quote/definition because you are clearly disassociated with the phrase, wording and context.