PDA

View Full Version : Give us info

Edbl79
07-22-2015, 05:20 PM
Instead of locking threads and saying more info to come why don't you step up and provide the info now. There is certainly a lot of nonsense that gets posted on this forum but nonsense or not the most consistent message delivered by the player community is the desire for information. Information about how events work. Information about the status of the game. Information about the future. All anyone ever really asks is that they are informed and understand the aspects of the game they care so much about. From one community manager to another, one mod to the next we are consistently promised that it's coming and for what now has been years that promise hasn't been delivered upon. There is clearly something going on, the players of this game are resourceful. We play a mobile game, we know how to use Google, we can track down and obtain any news out there and because of the lack of communication on the part of the administration for this forum we are left to draw our own conclusions and then are admonished for doing so. This company is guilty of being the cause for all aspects of the negativity that exists on this forum and the only consistency on their part is the continued lack of communication so desired by players. If you have any hope of stopping the bleeding change this now and give into our simple desire. Or if things are as bleak as we all have pretty much surmised just say so. Either way just give us info.

Danger Mouse
07-22-2015, 05:26 PM
They'll never say if it's bleak, because then all the gold will stampede for the door, making the situation worse. It'll be all roses and sunshine in any Comms until 5 minutes after they turn off the lights. Simple PR - never, ever, admit there are problems, as that is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Edbl79
07-22-2015, 05:59 PM
Understood. Point is the more info to come message has grown tired and is unacceptable. I appreciate the point you made as it clarifies the perspective of the other side.

J-manKometh96
07-22-2015, 06:04 PM
Don't worry, the pain will end soon.

Cannot Connect To Server
07-22-2015, 06:26 PM
gree sucked its self out of existance atari scrwd itself but st least they did it with honour and still hv a fan.base. Gree is probablly the most hated software company ever in existance even staff diss them.on glassdoor.com.

never known a company so bad at everything except theft. they good at that since day one.

WBS
07-22-2015, 06:51 PM
They'll never say if it's bleak, because then all the gold will stampede for the door, making the situation worse. It'll be all roses and sunshine in any Comms until 5 minutes after they turn off the lights. Simple PR - never, ever, admit there are problems, as that is a self fulfilling prophecy.

I think that the top will still spend to try for first and the first team will spend to remain first. I think it's a habit that won't be broke by a gree shut down.

Speed ump
07-22-2015, 07:44 PM
Hey wbs, let me tell you a secret. If gree shuts down, I promise sup won't be trying for first. I know it's hard to believe, that we make the sun rise in the morning and set in the evening. But if Gree ****s down, we won't resurect the dead, may they rest in peace.

sstuutss
07-22-2015, 07:48 PM
Just what does he think will happen after closing a thread asking for info without supplying said info?

Don't forget the light sump

Danger Mouse
07-22-2015, 08:35 PM
Hey wbs, let me tell you a secret. If gree shuts down, I promise sup won't be trying for first. I know it's hard to believe, that we make the sun rise in the morning and set in the evening. But if Gree ****s down, we won't resurect the dead, may they rest in peace.

Maybe not speedie, but I think you'll find (and are no doubt well aware - but hey, don't let me get in the way of your "truth") he was implying that you will still be chasing those pixels up to the death knell point where they fade into a small white dot and blink out, even with certain foreknowledge of the exact date and time this might happen if Gree were ever to give that info out in advance. now, tell us that wouldn't happen. ;-))

DEWIN NUTTIN
07-22-2015, 09:31 PM
Maybe not speedie, but I think you'll find (and are no doubt well aware - but hey, don't let me get in the way of your "truth") he was implying that you will still be chasing those pixels up to the death knell point where they fade into a small white dot and blink out, even with certain foreknowledge of the exact date and time this might happen if Gree were ever to give that info out in advance. now, tell us that wouldn't happen. ;-))

Your skills are amazing.

Thank you for being you.

Danger Mouse
07-22-2015, 09:51 PM
I think it would be absolutely hilarious if, when the plug is pulled, if they did it with about an hour and a half to go in WD. Not only would it give The whales complete apoplexy, the never ending brinkmanship of claims and counter claims over who would have ultimately snatched the Grand Pixel will keep online chat groups in profit for decades.

Danger Mouse
07-22-2015, 10:30 PM
Interesting insight into how the player mods were kept in the loop from the CC forum........... Scroll to the bitter end

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?117114-Word-up!/page3

Speed ump
07-22-2015, 10:43 PM
See, they said the end is no where near, cough cough. Roll eyes. Giggle.

Robespierre
07-22-2015, 10:47 PM
http://www.listener.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/whale_japan-300x224.jpg?e214f

Whales beware. Your slaughter has never been an issue.

Kono shashin ga honto ni omoshiroi desu ne...kujira ga itsumo oishii da yo!!!

Baka yaro! Sochira no kyakusan wa kujira janai da ne...okyakusama wa ningen desu ne. Kujira wa okane ga nai!

Speed ump
07-23-2015, 04:41 AM
Robbie, are you ok? Speaking in toungs now. Sounds like it's getting serious.

Zepson
07-23-2015, 05:16 AM
When they release a massive boost and/or money building(s) for a reasonable goldprice, then you know the end is near.
Or a crazy units/health package for real money... judgment day!

Agent Orange
07-23-2015, 05:43 AM
Hmm nice logic bump but if gree shuts down there will be no servers ergo no game ergo nobody competing for first or any place just a bunch of deflated egos with nothing to crow about.

Nice one Robspierre!

Big John
07-23-2015, 06:28 AM
Been reading some Gree employees reviews, looks like the company may be in danger of going under.

Danger Mouse
07-23-2015, 06:40 AM
Glassdoor? Entertaining stuff. Most of it exactly the same as was said on here for years. Funny that.

smbass77
07-23-2015, 07:10 AM
While this looks bad, this is not the first time GREE has had significant layoffs in San Fran. There are plenty of articles from 2012, 2013, and 2014 of layoff at that office, like this one: http://techcrunch.com/2012/12/07/gree-layoffs-2/

Doesn't necessarily mean the end is near....but certainly worth monitoring.

J-manKometh96
07-23-2015, 10:21 AM
While this looks bad, this is not the first time GREE has had significant layoffs in San Fran. There are plenty of articles from 2012, 2013, and 2014 of layoff at that office, like this one: http://techcrunch.com/2012/12/07/gree-layoffs-2/

Doesn't necessarily mean the end is near....but certainly worth monitoring.Did anything improve after any of those layoffs? What makes you think this time is different?

thescondo
07-23-2015, 10:59 AM
I am in a top 5 faction - In the faction chat 1 person posted a link to the Gree layoff (FIRED) news 2 days ago - there was not one comment about the story!

There has been ZERO discussion about reducing spending or the future of the game nothing.

Everything is fine! Head in the sand! Waiting to see what the requirements are for this weekend.

I wonder if The Gree pulled the plug we would just start at the error message all weekend long. . . .

truthteller
07-23-2015, 11:11 AM
I am in a top 5 faction - In the faction chat 1 person posted a link to the Gree layoff (FIRED) news 2 days ago - there was not one comment about the story!

There has been ZERO discussion about reducing spending or the future of the game nothing.

Everything is fine! Head in the sand! Waiting to see what the requirements are for this weekend.

I wonder if The Gree pulled the plug we would just start at the error message all weekend long. . . .

Before they pull the plug, they will stop all events, first sign will be the globe would be gone on a permanent basis
and once events schedules run their course, there will be no more new events
only thing left to do on game will be PVP, collect and map missions
then 2 weeks before they pull the plug, they will post in annoucement the date it will be done and that either you have to use/loose all your gold or you can move them to another gree game (or partners game if they have any)

Edbl79
07-23-2015, 08:29 PM
How did my post turn into all of the other "the end is near posts"? Is it possible for trolls not to troll the same people over and over?

fatbodychris
07-23-2015, 09:06 PM
Before they pull the plug, they will stop all events, first sign will be the globe would be gone on a permanent basis
and once events schedules run their course, there will be no more new events
only thing left to do on game will be PVP, collect and map missions
then 2 weeks before they pull the plug, they will post in annoucement the date it will be done and that either you have to use/loose all your gold or you can move them to another gree game (or partners game if they have any)

With Gree's game "legends of war" they didn't post any announcements that the game would be shutting down. If I remember correctly, they made a post a day or two after the last WD type of event.
They did say you could transfers your gems, but again, iircc the exchange rate was pretty crappy. Or people were told you could still use your gems in game.
And lastly, I thought I read that would've only supported the game for a few more months before they were going to shut down the server for good.

Speed ump
07-23-2015, 09:09 PM
Sorry Ed, the trolls are equal opportunity, some they're just more equal with. J man, why are you asking about I provements? This is GREE you're talking about, they don't do improvements.

J-manKometh96
07-24-2015, 01:39 AM
Nice to see the Trollmaster dump made an appearance.

Speed ump
07-24-2015, 05:17 AM
I think you're confused about the rolls, j man. You are part of the hate mob, and are the trolls. Despite your claims of not being mad, you continue to call people names, a sure sign of anger, and of course jealousy. Thre are ways to improve your circumstances, but continuing the charades won't help with that.

J-manKometh96
07-24-2015, 06:35 AM
As I told Allday, welcome to the mob. You've been a part of it all along and don't even recalize it. Or you do but just won't dare admit it. Either way you are exactly what you claim of others. You may type from a different point of view than some of us, but at the end of the day you are no different in what you do than any of us.