PDA

View Full Version : Word up!

Vile Lynn
07-21-2015, 02:36 PM
http://venturebeat.com/2015/07/21/japans-gree-lays-off-staff-in-its-san-francisco-office/

Brendan
07-21-2015, 03:19 PM
Interesting.Well it will save on all the retirement threads, all Crime City players are getting the sack!

kids
07-21-2015, 04:04 PM
Well deserved !
If SF hq is responsible for latest changes to get more GOLD of us players they just failed !
Let's see if japanese hq can make the game fun again
Like most players I'm willing to spend a few bucks on some fun entertainment...but never on rip-off !
An awesome start on it would be better communication
Goid luck !

Brendan
07-21-2015, 04:05 PM
http://www.recipecourse.com/japans-gree-lays-off-staff-in-its-san-francisco-office/

Says over two thirds of the San Francisco office have been laid off. Can Gree confirm or deny this please? How will this impact on Crime City?

J-manKometh96
07-21-2015, 04:16 PM
Two thirds was the number floating around yesterday and early today. Andrew Sheppard confirmed the 30% today.

cooch
07-21-2015, 04:16 PM
Well deserved !
If SF hq is responsible for latest changes to get more GOLD of us players they just failed !
Like most players I'm willing to spend a few bucks on some fun entertainment...but never on rip-off !
Goid luck !

Ever work with or for a Japanese company? They are part of problem. Dream on!

Brendan
07-21-2015, 04:22 PM
Two thirds was the number floating around yesterday and early today. Andrew Sheppard confirmed the 30% today.

The original figure was 30%, the update says two thirds. And that emails to Gree aren't being answered ,because most of the staff have been sacked.

kids
07-21-2015, 04:35 PM
Ever work with or for a Japanese company? They are part of problem. Dream on!

No prejudice on that
looking forward hopefully..
they fix all the **** they've done last 6 months..haha

sister morphine
07-21-2015, 04:44 PM
Well deserved !
Goid luck !
Lol. San Francisco would have taken orders from Tokyo. The money grabbing is because of the company's failure to "win" the mobile gaming market. The winners are the ones whose games are advertised on TV.

Oasis
07-21-2015, 05:35 PM
Funny how OneNut keeps locking threads on a topic that has just been confirmed in this one...Gree is in trouble, therefore Crime City is in trouble..
Maybe if Gree had listened to its customers and their requests regarding CC and its game play they wouldn't have lost so many players.....

Rodimus
07-21-2015, 07:56 PM
When 2/3 of layoffs are revealed to the public, it will lead to more in the future if revenue expectations are low. GREE will need to see a forecast from quarterly earnings and go from there.

Perin
07-21-2015, 09:36 PM
1Shot seriously needs to calm down. Members are venting and being nice. No members, players or developers / mods are being shamed or called out and he's locking threads that are very relevant to the game and its future. I played another Gree game, it was a fighting game and the name i dont recall but i played it up until it stopped working. One day it just disappeared and all the forum was cleared. Think the game is gonna be around just because 1 person said so. Go F yourself 1shot. I see why only a handful back you up. Brainwashed ass

HavingFun
07-21-2015, 09:43 PM
Go F yourself 1shot.

Agree with this

Red BD
07-21-2015, 11:18 PM
1Shot seriously needs to calm down. Members are venting and being nice. No members, players or developers / mods are being shamed or called out and he's locking threads that are very relevant to the game and its future. I played another Gree game, it was a fighting game and the name i dont recall but i played it up until it stopped working. One day it just disappeared and all the forum was cleared. Think the game is gonna be around just because 1 person said so. Go F yourself 1shot. I see why only a handful back you up. Brainwashed ass

I'm no OneShot fan, but you guys ever think he might be kind of scared or something? I know it's a total"volunteer" gig, but still.....

cooch
07-21-2015, 11:36 PM
I'm no OneShot fan, but you guys ever think he might be kind of scared or something? I know it's a total"volunteer" gig, but still.....

Please old man. Power trip vs true facilitation. Many know his behavior in chat rooms.

Wth would any volunteer be scared of??

Brendan
07-21-2015, 11:38 PM

He's not al volunteer, he gets free gold for what he does.

cooch
07-21-2015, 11:43 PM
He's not al volunteer, he gets free gold for what he does.

Really? How much? Lol

Brendan
07-21-2015, 11:45 PM
Really? How much? Lol

I don't know, ask him. He's stated before that he gets gold for what he does. No one would volunteer for that kind of thing.

Red BD
07-22-2015, 12:19 AM
I don't know, ask him. He's stated before that he gets gold for what he does. No one would volunteer for that kind of thing.

Well, I must admit you folks have a point here, and never fully believed that "volunteer" claim. I was just saying and in an empathetic mode.

At the moment I doubt it really matters. Based upon this thread I get the feeling his one shot pistol has been pulled from his holster by himself or ?????

HellRaizer
07-22-2015, 12:57 AM
200 a month.

Captain Torgue
07-22-2015, 02:05 AM
200 a month.

240 I believe. Its the equivalent of a stockpile of gold in the store.

Foty
07-22-2015, 03:22 AM
So im guessing that almost the whole forum staff was based in San Fran as 1shot is basically running this by himself, or so I've seen as he's the only one posting.

J-manKometh96
07-22-2015, 03:32 AM
Yup. If you look hard enough, you can find all three CM's out there looking for work.

TxTireMan
07-22-2015, 05:25 AM
Agree with this

Me too lol

Dipstik
07-22-2015, 06:23 AM
In case you're reading this, relic, now would be a good time to do something about 1shot. He runs around on line bragging about screwing with people here. He actually calls what he does "trolling the forum" and says he goes around editing people's posts for no reason but his own amusement. He's a terrible mod. Leaving him here without even the empty threat of being able to report abuses to Clementine (who never did anything) is a TERRIBLE idea.

J-manKometh96
07-22-2015, 06:59 AM
Too little too late. The power mad are in control.

Rodimus
07-22-2015, 08:23 AM
Don't worry, it will all be over soon.

J-manKometh96
07-22-2015, 08:37 AM
I think soon is here lol.

Brendan
07-22-2015, 09:59 AM
The end is upon us.

The game is dead, long live the game!

Brendan
07-22-2015, 10:01 AM
In case you're reading this, relic, now would be a good time to do something about 1shot. He runs around on line bragging about screwing with people here. He actually calls what he does "trolling the forum" and says he goes around editing people's posts for no reason but his own amusement. He's a terrible mod. Leaving him here without even the empty threat of being able to report abuses to Clementine (who never did anything) is a TERRIBLE idea.

No one at Gree is there to listen. Expect 1Shot to delete your post and/or lock this thread.

crime cow
07-22-2015, 10:31 AM

Pics or it didn't happen.

Plus if Relic is reading this its for his/her own amusement in between reading job postings on line...

Ant venom
07-22-2015, 12:14 PM

Yes, agreed.

Ant venom
07-22-2015, 12:19 PM
I don't think Bolt should be banned, I think OneNuts or 1Shot should be banned instead, he is an a**hole.

TheJess
07-22-2015, 12:33 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

Plus if Relic is reading this its for his/her own amusement in between reading job postings on line...

Meh, I'm uninterested in pics as it's completely obvious to everyone except the usual person that the real complaint is that anyone, whether 1shot or someone else, is moderating the forum and returning it to something of valid use to real players. Who cares if he's tweaking the troll somewhere or not.

Ant venom
07-22-2015, 12:40 PM
Just ban and get rid of 1Shot and everything will be fine, along with finally having light.

Brendan
07-22-2015, 12:41 PM
Meh, I'm uninterested in pics as it's completely obvious to everyone except the usual person that the real complaint is that anyone, whether 1shot or someone else, is moderating the forum and returning it to something of valid use to real players. Who cares if he's tweaking the troll somewhere or not.

'Tweaking the troll'. Does that have the same meaning as bashing the bishop?

Dipstik
07-22-2015, 12:57 PM

I lol'd. Extras.

Vile Lynn
07-22-2015, 12:59 PM

*googling 'bashing the bishop'*

Ant venom
07-22-2015, 01:05 PM
*googling 'bashing the bishop'*

Lol, I wonder what it means. :rolleyes:

Dipstik
07-22-2015, 01:11 PM
Spanking the monkey, choking the chicken, beating the meat...

Ant venom
07-22-2015, 01:15 PM
This isn't really the only dead Forum (Without moderation [1Di*k or 1Shot isn't considered a Moderator] or not a lot of posting), the Knights and Dragons Forum is as dead too.

Dipstik
07-22-2015, 01:18 PM
Forums not dead yet :)

1Shot
07-22-2015, 01:18 PM
Alright, this thread has gone a little over the line. A few things.

Yes, I get 240 gold a month for being a forum moderator.

Even with all of the forum admins gone, as they were all laid off, I have no more "power" than I had when they were here, which is none. My only job is to help clean up the forum from spam, trolls, etc.. same for the other forum moderators. The developers that have accounts on this forum like Sirius are I assume in charge, even though we were never given a heads up for this either. We are all just as surprised as the rest of you.

Now of course I have to lock this thread, as you have all gone way off topic, but I'm sorry if I haven't taken my job that seriously or if I haven't been moderating to the best of my ability.

And the end is no where near, I'm sure the developers are working hard as ever (with a significantly shorter staff) to make sure this game is the best it can be.